THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 13:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrible Movies Thread  (Read 208528 times)

Mr. Mojo

Re: Terrible Movies Thread
« Reply #350 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:24 »

I don't know man... The Hulk (2003) was probably the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty terrible stuff man.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #351 on: 15 Jul 2008, 10:31 »

I can forgive The Hulk its flaws on account of Sam Elliott's acting.

Batman and Robin did not have anything to make me give any forgiveness.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #352 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:29 »

Point, ok, I now agree with you. BATMAN AND ROBIN WAS THE MOST TERRIBLE MOVIE EVER.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #353 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:41 »

Not saying it was the worst movie ever, but's up there (Hulk 2003 was no masterpiece either)
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #354 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:42 »

What movie had the worst ending do you think?

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #355 on: 15 Jul 2008, 13:13 »

Revenge of the Sith had a very unsatisfying ending.  I mean, I know that Anakin's gotta become Darth, but the aftermath of the fight just left me cold.  No real warrior would shirk the last office of friend, and leave a former comrade still alive, but with massive burns, 2 missing legs and a missing hand - that's just waaay to cold.

That and Darth's really emo response killed what had been up to the fight between Obiwan and Anakin, a pretty decent flick.

The Albatross

« Reply #356 on: 15 Jul 2008, 18:27 »

Manos the Hands of Fate

This Island Earth

Batman and Robin (agreed)

Spiderman 3

Garfield

Oh, man, there are so many.

One with an ending I didn't like so much was No Country for Old Men.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #357 on: 15 Jul 2008, 22:22 »

No Country For Old Men's ending works a million times better in novel format.  The same can be said for The Constant Gardener....good movie but a MUCH better novel.  Oh....Garfield was pretty damn horrible....I totally forgot all about it, I would also like to nominate the second Garfield, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties.

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #358 on: 16 Jul 2008, 10:57 »

Garfield was probably worse of a mistake than i was. Yes, I just insulted myself.

Jinjo

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #359 on: 16 Jul 2008, 17:31 »

It's so easy to name off bad movies. Someone should make a mediocre movie thread. Now that's a tough one.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #360 on: 17 Jul 2008, 13:26 »

Mediocre is easy; you could do that just by randomly poking around IMDB, or heck, even this thread. For example, I'd put just about all of the previously mentioned Will Smith vehicles in the mediocre category, with the exception the famously schizophrenic in tone Wild Wild West. I can't stand Independence Day either, since it breaks the record for most cliches per minute and exists solely as a blatant crowd pleaser, but apparently people find it entertaining and pretty enough to disagree with me. Qualifying for mediocre really only requires enough competence to keep everyone from utterly hating you.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Ikrik

« Reply #361 on: 17 Jul 2008, 19:15 »

We can also put all Keanu Reeves movies into the mediocre category.  Constantine falls into terrible along with that stupid "romance" drama he made with Sandra Bullock.  A Scanner Darkly and The First Matrix movies are acceptable (matrix is kinda boring now though)

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #362 on: 18 Jul 2008, 10:33 »

Yeah, Matrix is boring now, but when i first saw that movie it blew me the fuck away.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #363 on: 20 Jul 2008, 08:48 »

Has Eddie Murphy made a good film in the past like...8 years?

Mulan, Eddie Murphy voiced the dragon, to my mind his third best film...

(Kudos to anyone getting that reference.)

On the topic of mediocre films, I saw 30 Days of Night on DVD last night, and whilst it wasn't terrible, it just left me with a massive sense of "meh". Although I did appreciate the fact they were trying something new with the vampire genre.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #364 on: 20 Jul 2008, 15:47 »

Mulan came out in the 90s.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #365 on: 21 Jul 2008, 10:59 »

Manos the Hands of Fate

This Island Earth

Batman and Robin (agreed)

Spiderman 3

Garfield

Oh, man, there are so many.

One with an ending I didn't like so much was No Country for Old Men.
This Island Earth was used in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie which made it into one of the funnier movies i have seen

Also i think U Turn was just horrible
This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Meg

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #366 on: 24 Jul 2008, 16:10 »

The first one that came to my mind when I read "terrible movies".

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #367 on: 25 Jul 2008, 04:21 »

Ben Affleck must be prevented from "acting", he has all the emotional range of my desk.  And quite honestly, so can Liv Tyler, she's not even great eye candy.

Ikrik

« Reply #368 on: 25 Jul 2008, 13:05 »

The best thing Ben Affleck ever did was get rid of J-Lo and stop acting. Gone, Baby, Gone is absolutely incredible and Affleck already showed us that he's incredibly talented with Good Will Hunting.  All the guy needs to do is realize that he can be so succesful writing screenplays and directing, not looking like an idiot in front of the camera.

Liv Tyler.....she was good as Arwen but....The Strangers? come on. 

Meg

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #369 on: 25 Jul 2008, 13:25 »

His chin looks like a butt.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #370 on: 25 Jul 2008, 14:41 »

I Loved Juno-- she's intelligent, not a genius perse but I think she was smarter than your average teenager.

Yeah, i liked Juno but the parts of the soundtrack that involved Kimya Dawson were god fucking damn annoying.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.
« Reply #371 on: 25 Jul 2008, 19:02 »

Contact
Banger Sisters
Idoicracy
Millions

chASS

« Reply #372 on: 03 Aug 2008, 22:08 »

Teeth has made its way to my list of movies I just have to see some day.
I'm probably watching it this week. I've been meaning to for a while.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #373 on: 04 Aug 2008, 08:14 »

Over the last two nights I've been watching Nosferatu and The Phantom of the Opera (silent version with Lon Chaney).  Both are actually good movies, decently paced, well shot and well acted.  My problem is that someone decided that both would be much better if they had a soundtrack that played contemporary music (some band called O Positive in the case of Nosferatu) taht completely detracted from the experience. 

Next time I'm hitting the "mute" button on the TV and watching them the way they were intended to be.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #374 on: 05 Aug 2008, 07:41 »

I recently saw a film I had been wanting to see, Meet Bill.  It had Aaron Eckhardt, Jessica Alba, and Elizabeth Banks.  I thought the plot looked good, and the trailer won me over, but, the movie sucked.

It had a few moments, but overall the movie was predictible.  Jessica Alba got second billing for absolutely nothing, she was just a pretty face in a couple of scenes.  Hell, I prefer Liz Banks over her, why couldn't we get a better actress?
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Wayfaring Stranger

• Larger than most fish
  • Bamboo
    • Foxing Quires
« Reply #375 on: 05 Aug 2008, 13:18 »

I don't think Jessica Alba has EVER had a role that called for serious acting ability.  She's only ever been eye candy and that's about all she's good at.
http://www.foxingquires.com

A webcomic about books, music, romance, culture, and more.

SimpsonsParadox

« Reply #376 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:00 »

Rambo (The new one, not the old ones.)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Although I can see how someone could like it.)
Although this one really doesn't count, Bruce and Lloyd: Out of Control

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #377 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:14 »

Hellboy was fuckin' great.

I think I'll make a list of every shitty movie I have ever seen.

The Ring 2
 The Grudge
 Dark Harvest 2
 Saw
 Saw II
 Saw III
 Saw IV
 Scary Movie 1-4
 Cars
 Robots
 Boogeyman
 Marie Antoinette
 Van Wilder
 Date Movie
 Wedding Crashers
 Failure To Launch
 Love Don't Cost A Thing
 Big Momma's House
 Catwoman
 Alone In The Dark
 The Master Of Disguise

Hate, rain on me

SimpsonsParadox

« Reply #378 on: 05 Aug 2008, 20:22 »

The dialogue ruined Hellboy for me. Not going to say any spoilers, but the scene in the auction house was just amazingly horrible in almost every way except for monster design. The rest of the movie pretty much unfolded the same way (Good monsters, bad everything else). I much preferred the first Hellboy. However, I can see how someone could like it. Just not me.

Shadows Collide

« Reply #379 on: 05 Aug 2008, 22:18 »

House of the Dead - you could never show me a film that is worse, more embarrassing or more pathetic. It feels like it was made up on the spot, like - "Oh how are we going to do this guy's death scene?"
- "I got it! Let's have the zombies come at him, then he stares into the distance and the screen turns red! Like blood! Then we cut to video game footage to fill space. Brilliant"

red tape secretary

« Reply #380 on: 06 Aug 2008, 07:07 »

Sea Ghost.  It's just wretched.  Cheap Canadian sci-fi with CG that is laugh-out-loud terrible.

jill the ripper

« Reply #381 on: 08 Aug 2008, 17:05 »

Has Eddie Murphy made a good film in the past like...8 years?

Mulan, Eddie Murphy voiced the dragon, to my mind his third best film...

(Kudos to anyone getting that reference.)

On the topic of mediocre films, I saw 30 Days of Night on DVD last night, and whilst it wasn't terrible, it just left me with a massive sense of "meh". Although I did appreciate the fact they were trying something new with the vampire genre.

at least the vampires were bad in that one (weren't they?)
i am so damn sick of "good vampires."

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #382 on: 08 Aug 2008, 20:03 »

I think I'll make a list of every shitty movie I have ever seen.

Saw I-IV
 Scary Movie 1-4

In both of those cases why if you know that movies I and II were crap did you put yourself through III and IV. 

I watched Phantom Menace last night for the first time since I was 12. I was determined to go into it with an open mind, due to the fact that I remember it being not so bad when I was a kid, and I didn't want to just be swayed what as far as I knew was a case of "its new therefore it can't be as good as the old ones."

Holy hell it was terrible. I'll ignore the annoying little kid, and the super annoying fuck stain that was Jar Jar Binks and all of the 'clumsiness saves the day' that comes with him, the confusion caused trying to figure out when the queen was in her royal makeup and when she was playing handmaiden, the fact that there was a democratically elected queen who was about 17, the fact that said 17 year old was being hit on by a 9 year old and the fact that I doubt one shot went by when there wasn't a CGI effect - because what I consider to be the worst part of the film is that they managed to make yoda look worse than he did 19 years beforehand.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

akashacatbat

« Reply #383 on: 08 Aug 2008, 22:34 »

As to Boondock Saints, it's hot boys with Irish accents and guns. A snarky, gay Willem DeFoe is just icing on the cake. What's not to love? ;)

My main problem with Indy 4 was the fridge scene. Everything else was just good fun. Also, Harrison Ford is hot.

For the title of "Worst Movie Ever" I nominate:

Eragon. Poor Jeremy Irons should learn to stay away from "epic" fantasy films... he was just about the only actor in the entire movie who actually tried. Other than him, the only redeeming quality about the film was that Garrett Hedlund was in it for the last fifteen minutes or so. Mmm, AngstyEmoHot!

The Happening. I am honestly surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I can't even think of one good thing to say about this piece of garbage.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #384 on: 09 Aug 2008, 14:21 »

I will give almost any sequel a chance if I am not spending money on it or wasting any effort on watching it. I can always just get up and walk away if the movie is terrible.

As far as Scary Movie goes, I haven't seen 4, but I know it is probably terrible.
Hate, rain on me

Ikrik

« Reply #385 on: 12 Aug 2008, 01:11 »

Over the last two nights I've been watching Nosferatu and The Phantom of the Opera (silent version with Lon Chaney).  Both are actually good movies, decently paced, well shot and well acted.  My problem is that someone decided that both would be much better if they had a soundtrack that played contemporary music (some band called O Positive in the case of Nosferatu) taht completely detracted from the experience. 

Next time I'm hitting the "mute" button on the TV and watching them the way they were intended to be.

Dude...I totally have the Kino version of Nosferatu with the actual symphony composition that was originally used for it...it's pretty damn sweet.  I also have the Phantom of the Opera...with Lon Chaney...and it has music by the Switchblade Symphony....whoever the heck they are.  I haven't actually watched it yet...but I'll get around to it soon.

Oh and the new Rambo film is being used as propaganda by the rebels in Burma.  If that doesn't scare the living shit out of you I don't know what will.....That movie was so bad...I felt sick watching it, Stallone should learn when to leave something the hell alone.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #386 on: 21 Aug 2008, 01:27 »

okay I had completely avoided Blues Brothers 2000 until tonight, but it randomly came on AMC and I wasn't paying much attention, so I let it play.

CHRISTING FUCK WHY WAS THIS MOVIE MADE OH MY GOD IT'S JOHN POPPER WHAT THE SERIOUS HOLY FUCKING FUCK IS THIS PIGFUCKING SHIT *FRANTICALLY INSERTS DVD*

no really.

why, people.  why.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #387 on: 21 Aug 2008, 05:27 »

The original Blues Brothers is my favourite film of all time.  I refuse to watch Blues Brothers 2000 and will not acknowledge its existence past this. 

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #388 on: 21 Aug 2008, 12:01 »

The level of quality between the original Blues Brothers and 2000 is infinitely large.

I mean, I had heard it was bad, but I had no idea.  I feel like I've been touched in an inappropriate way.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #389 on: 21 Aug 2008, 14:53 »

Blues Brothers 2000

wat

only one blues brothers.

? ? ?

The Hulk (2003), worst comic book movie to date

Catwoman sez hai. Meow.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 14:55 by MrBridge »

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #390 on: 21 Aug 2008, 15:32 »

Catwoman sez hai. Meow.
I'm gonna have to go with Blade Trinity. I loved the first two, but the third was such a joke.

I feel like I've already said this in this thread before. Oh well, I tend to block BT from memory anyway.

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #391 on: 21 Aug 2008, 16:02 »

Hmmmm.... I can forgive blade 3 for the jessica biel ness and catwoman gets + funny points for beauty cream + sharon stone = body made of stone = irony.  I can forgive 2003 Hulk for Jennifer Connelly. 

I am in a forgiving mood today, curse you coffee

Mad Cat

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Master of my domain, but not of my range.
« Reply #392 on: 22 Aug 2008, 11:33 »

But, I'm a cheerleader

I know, it's supposed to be like this young-n-gay social scene staple, but if I wanted to be smashed upside the head with blatant use of color to mean things, I'd go find one of those 80's era school films about the visible light spectrum. I mean, jeez! All the girls have to wear pink. All the boys have to wear blue. All the boring people have to wear brown. The whole thing is like a crayon box vomited onto celluloid, and I don't mean one of those cool, giant, 200+ color jumbo boxes of crayons. No, just a basic 12 color box of crayons is all you get throughout the entire movie. This movie is visually atrocious.

Only reason a gay guy or a straight girl would want to watch this movie: Eddie Cibrian masturbating a rake handle.

Only reason a straight guy or a gay girl would want to watch this movie: Natasha Lyonne and Clea DuVall getting it on.

Oh, and RuPaul in boy clothes.
The Quakers were masters of siege warfare.

mrjoegangles

• Emoticontraindication
  • My other internet is a convertible
« Reply #393 on: 05 Dec 2008, 13:13 »

I just watched Postal.  It was Uve Boll.  I liked it.  Quick someone check Hell, see if they are skiing down there.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

P.S.  The part where Boll is playing himself and he's talking about Natzi gold and erections in front of children was hilarious if only cause thats what everyones opinion of him was already.
-Insert witty and/or memorable quote here-

Ferc Eater

• Not quite a lurker
  • Watermellons do NOT belong in water
« Reply #394 on: 05 Dec 2008, 20:34 »

Darkness Falls....
The Strangers also made me laugh so hard I cried.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #395 on: 05 Dec 2008, 20:59 »

Oh, yeah...Darkness Falls.  I remember watching that, and me and my friends actually counted down to when someone was gonna get suddenly deaded.  We were consistently right on every goddamn frame, is was that easy.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #396 on: 05 Dec 2008, 21:30 »

I have a theory, where every movie M. Night Shyamalalalallaalalalalalan makes is the worst movie ever, until his next one.

Under this theory, The Happening is currently the worst movie ever, barely edging out Lady in the Water.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #397 on: 06 Dec 2008, 01:58 »

Basically most things by Uwe Boll.

The video-game-to-film niche has already been partially ruined with B-grade shit like his.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #398 on: 06 Dec 2008, 11:22 »

That's not even B-Grade.  It's like a C-minus grade but with a much larger budget.  Like, his movies are equivalent to those made with a camcorder from the late-90's and a budget of less than 10,000$.

Hide and Creep>Alone In The Dark>Motocross Zombies From Hell.

That first one had a budget of maybe 25,000$, tops.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #399 on: 06 Dec 2008, 11:25 »

I have a theory, where every movie M. Night Shyamalalalallaalalalalalan makes is the worst movie ever, until his next one.

Under this theory, The Happening is currently the worst movie ever, barely edging out Lady in the Water.

I don't know, I think M. Night Shalamar's stuff largely fits into the mediocre bracket, The Sixth Sense is good, Unbreakable is pretty damn underrated and Signs isn't without it's merits, everything since, yeah terrible but I wouldn't go as far as worst movies ever.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up