THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiosurf  (Read 20049 times)

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Audiosurf
« Reply #50 on: 02 Mar 2008, 20:34 »

THEY do that supermarket song? I love that song. But don't bother with mediafire, I'm kind of an audiophile and all of my music is in Apple Lossless.
Arggh, you beat my Silence score.

EDIT: Fucking new page. Oh, and I rebeat you.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2008, 20:41 by Melodic »
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #51 on: 03 Mar 2008, 05:52 »

Using Mono Pro?  It's only possible to get maybe a few hundred more points than me on the Soulwax song using Mono Pro.  Maybe a few thousand with the uneXpect one.

Well, in any case, the album widely considered their best is Sophtware Slump.

The 'supermarket song (A.M. 180) is on Under the Western Freeway.

I'm fairly positive they're in the iTunes store, and are big enough to be in most record shops.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Narr

« Reply #52 on: 04 Mar 2008, 10:08 »

I recently reformatted my harddrive so I'm going to have to go track down all my songs again.  Most of them I burnt to CDs or still have the original CDs somewhere, but it's still going to take a lot of time.

Basically, I'm going to save doing my own challenge for later.

Also I vote we do Ninja Mono instead of Mono Pro, just because Ninja mono is more difficult and can potentially unlock awards.

Addendum:

Dimmu, you're gonna have to replay The Crystal Lake because I demolished your score.  I got 71,327 as opposed to your 50,951.  Did play the song since you uploaded it?  Or was your score from before they fixed mono scoring?  Either way, I hit every note (which actually cost me 25% bonus because the last 3 notes don't sync up) and got stealth.

Additional PS:PS:  I beat your Soulwax score, too.  114,252 to 113,106.  I don't know who's in the lead because I forgot to jot down the scores for the other song, but you were ahead on that one by like 10k points because I didn't get clean finish.

That soulwax song was hot.  I'm going to have to look into them.
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2008, 18:59 by Narr »

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #53 on: 04 Mar 2008, 19:59 »

If you wanna do Ninja Mono, that's fine with me, Kid was the one who suggested Mono Pro.  And that score was before they "fixed" it.  I'm not expecting to be the winner everytime, I figured the rules were, you win, you pick 3.  If I won everytime, what would be the fun in that?
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Narr

« Reply #54 on: 04 Mar 2008, 20:03 »

I suppose I'm just surprised because of the severe ass-kicking we all recieved last round.  It's not calling you out so much as it is feeling accomplished, haha.

I should mention, since reinstalling windows, the game runs perfect.  I think part of the reason I'm doing so much better is because I don't have to stress about predicting when the damn snags were going to occur.

How would you guys feel about a classic rock playlist for next time?  I think I want to do Baba O'Reily by The Who for certain and figured I'd run with a theme.

Ando

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #55 on: 04 Mar 2008, 22:07 »

this game is awesome.  I picked it up about a week ago, and I can't stop playing it. 

I don't think there is a game with more fun/dollar value out there right now (except for portal)

SillyJonna

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • I miss you
« Reply #56 on: 05 Mar 2008, 00:24 »

This game is amazing. I love it.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #57 on: 05 Mar 2008, 12:51 »

Finally, FINALLY officially beat the Mono Pro score for Silence. My old score using Vegas is higher so it doesn't appear on the scoreboards, but I grabbed a screenshot proving it. Mind you, this is using the new scoring system, so I'm still not better than you.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #58 on: 05 Mar 2008, 15:01 »

That one was with the new system it was the Soulwax song that was from the old system.  Sweet.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #59 on: 18 Mar 2008, 20:12 »

So, Pitchfork put together an album of songs that they think go with this game pretty well and put it up for free download here.

About to run through it, will post opinions soon.

Well.  Not having listened to a single one of those songs in my life, this was fuckin' awesome.  The album (which is a bunch of tracks from different artists) sounds cohesive besides the fact that it was mixed for Audiosurf.  Maybe I should actually read Pitchfork.

Also, the tetravox from the Mediafire thread is pretty sick.  May upload here later.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2008, 21:33 by Dimmukane »

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #60 on: 28 Mar 2008, 21:52 »

Apparently the 3/21 update allows people to make texture mods to change the tunnels and fireworks and stuff.  Information's at the www.audio-surf.com forums, someone's already made a Mod Manager in Python.  Just throwing this out there.

just-another-andy

« Reply #61 on: 12 Apr 2008, 08:28 »

I LOVE Audiosurf!

My tag is "A Little Bit Awesome"

my main problem with the game is that when I use S & D as well as arrow keys there's occasionally  horrible little lag wherein I crash into the cars infront...and lose my stealth bonus..noooo!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #62 on: 21 Jul 2008, 02:39 »

Resurrection to point out an awesome thing.

This dude
set up his Wii to play Audiosurf using the WiiFit balance board.

This is the greatest idea in the history of video games.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

mat_mantra

« Reply #63 on: 21 Jul 2008, 14:52 »

Holy Hell.  Just did the Isis + Aereogramme "Low Tide"  on premium graphics.  Never in my life have i wanted so badly to be stoned.

Also, thank you for rezzing this and reminding me how long it had been since i played

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #64 on: 04 Aug 2008, 20:24 »

Ew threadsurrection.

But anyway I was thinking this would be a good forum to ask what songs are totally good for playing with this game?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #65 on: 04 Aug 2008, 21:15 »

There's some good stuff up in the mediaf!re thread. The dancier or... riffier, the better. Planet Mu stuff, PNAU, Soulwax, Queens of the Stone Age, WE, Jay Reatard etc. etc.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2008, 21:18 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #66 on: 04 Aug 2008, 23:32 »

I've been plaing this for a while but didn't notice a thread.

I am currently trying and failing to get decent with 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson. I am failing so hard.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

brnat

« Reply #67 on: 06 Aug 2008, 15:23 »

Heh, I downloaded this off TPB  :evil:

I probably should buy it tho, GREAT game
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up