Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 02 Dec 2021, 16:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN CANADIANS!  (Read 16748 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: ATTN CANADIANS!
« Reply #100 on: 01 Mar 2008, 12:16 »

Dude Peet's is fuckin' great. My stepbrother works at the one in downtown Livermore.

He gets free coffee beans every week.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #101 on: 01 Mar 2008, 13:56 »

Interesting.  They sell Peet's coffees in the grocery store where we shop.  I may have to try some of it.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #102 on: 01 Mar 2008, 15:01 »

I have to say that the stuff you'll pick up in the grocery store won't be nearly as fresh as beans from an actual store, but they do roast-to-order on their website, and I believe they ship anywhere in the continental US. It'll be a bit more expensive, of course, but I would suggest trying that instead unless price is a big deal to you.

But yeah, I spent 3 years in high school working there, and had a good time despite occasional frustrations with management. The thing about working as a barista is that although you get the shitty customer moments that happen in any retail job, if you're there for long enough and good at your job the regular customers start to appreciate you, especially if you can remember their names and orders. Some of them would even hand out Christmas presents to the staff.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #103 on: 01 Mar 2008, 15:14 »

Yes, I know.  There was a little coffee shop on-campus when I was taking courses, and I could be eighth or ninth in line, and when I got to the front of the line, my order would be ready.  Of course, I always got the same thing, AND I tipped well.  They were a pretty cool bunch there, though.  (Not a Peet's, by the way.)
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #104 on: 02 Mar 2008, 11:15 »

I always liked it when my regulars came in to see me at work. I always knew what their usual orders were, and so while I was entering it into the register we would give each other a hard time and shoot the breeze and it made the job all kinds of good fun. I got so many "Man it's gonna suck when you have to leave" from them.

I had this one girl who came in a lot when I worked the counter. She always ordered the same thing, a vanilla iced coffee. I eventually got permanently assigned to drive-thru, and she'd still come in through counter once in a while (and when I saw her I'd immediately start work on it), but she even went so far as to enlist the help of a mutual friend just so she could say "Sup" at me. It was really sweet and I honestly can't wait to get back to work up there.

tl;dr regular customers are probably the thing that made me the happiest at work.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up