THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incredible Hulk  (Read 21464 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Incredible Hulk
« Reply #50 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:19 »

That is one ad out of about fifteen ads floating about and it is literally the last scene of the movie. I haven't even seen it and I watch more TV than a lot of others here.

But hey, like I said, apparently it's too much to ask for people to be the slightest bit discretionary. Seriously, when did it happen that I started being the most considerate person in a thread?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #51 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:28 »

I haven't seen the ad. I only know RDJR is in the movie because of this thread. Thanks a lot, jerks. Next you'll tell me there's more cap'N muraka references/cameos.

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #52 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:33 »

I haven't even seen it and I watch more TV than a lot of others here.

I'll say it again:

Just 'cause a particular person hasn't seen the ad doesn't make it a secret.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #53 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:41 »

Fuck it. I give up on trying to reason with this thread. I'm just becoming frustrated.
JON MADE ME GAY

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #54 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:42 »

I haven't seen the ad. I only know RDJR is in the movie because of this thread. Thanks a lot, jerks. Next you'll tell me there's more cap'N muraka references/cameos.

Darryl, I hate to break it to you, but Edward Norton is not actually the Hulk.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #55 on: 12 Jun 2008, 12:27 »

Stark's appearance is as surprising as the Hulk's girlfriend, or the military, or the frickin' Abomination.  Jeez, Obsessions, unbunch your panties and grow up.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #56 on: 12 Jun 2008, 23:56 »

SLIGHT SPOILERS

Just saw it in the midnight showing tonight, and I gotta say, I didn't like it quite as much as Iron Man. Of course, my brother and his friend thought it was way better.
there are in fact Cap'n murka references.. they briefly talk about Super Soldier taking place in WWII

Don't get me wrong, it was an extremely good movie, Hulk by nature just has a little less style than Stark, I can hardly fault him for that.

I'll probably have more thoughts on it tomorrow.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

talon

« Reply #57 on: 13 Jun 2008, 00:39 »

just got back as well and i'll say it... it's awesome!!!
i'll agree that iron man was better but that's not what the thread is, it's all about HULK SMASH !!!.
enough small references for the inner nerd to freak out and way bigger and grittier action than ang lees. kicks the 2003 rendition in the pants. only a few more other films and we'll have an avengers flick, god willing no one screws that up.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #58 on: 13 Jun 2008, 07:59 »

Stark's appearance is as surprising as the Hulk's girlfriend, or the military, or the frickin' Abomination.  Jeez, Obsessions, unbunch your panties and grow up.

Suck the next eight dicks you see, junior.
JON MADE ME GAY

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #59 on: 13 Jun 2008, 20:25 »

Just saw it, not as good as Iron Man but some what better then the other Hulk movie.  At least this time they actually had a villain that could fight the Hulk one-on-one instead of that Absorbing Man shit.

So, Leader next movie?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #60 on: 13 Jun 2008, 22:16 »

I thought the end was clever.
Hate, rain on me

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #61 on: 13 Jun 2008, 23:08 »

I thought it was great.  Hulk SMASH!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #62 on: 14 Jun 2008, 03:14 »

Meh. It had a brisk pace, which was nice, but I'd rather see the director / Norton's cut of the movie. This version is pretty lacking in character development apart from Blonsky. I quite liked Tim Roth.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

hack

• Plantmonster
« Reply #63 on: 15 Jun 2008, 02:12 »

The Hulk wasn't incredible, but rather entertaining.

Throw down between the Hulk and the Abomination was pretty good and about as close to a comic book fight as I've ever seen.

Not as good as the Captain Marvel/Superman brawl from JLU, but still pretty good. 
-hack-
Duckman: Did I ever tell you my Dad's last words to me?
Cornfed: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety is on."
Duckman: Before that!

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #64 on: 16 Jun 2008, 21:10 »

Did you just make a cheesey film-critic esque pun?
Hate, rain on me

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #65 on: 17 Jun 2008, 13:28 »

*OKIAMGOINGTOTALKABOUTTHEMOVIENOWOMGDONTREADTHISIFYOUHAVENTSEENIT*

SO here's my question to those who have seen it:

Given the content of the ending of the movie... I don't like the fact that Tony Stark went to go see General Ross, I really don't.  When I first heard his voice and saw him walk in, I thought, "It's gotta be Stark with an idea about Hulkbuster Armor," which would make sense and is also what the alternate easter egg points to.  But instead when he starts talking about putting a team together - It's obvious that he's talking about 'creating" Captain America.  I HATE the idea that someone like Colonel Ross could have anything to do with the creation of Captain America... but hey, that's what they've set up. 

I also thought it was interesting that they put the "Weapons Plus" label on the canister that the Super-Soldier serum was in, that storyline being so relatively new.  Apparently it is considered canon now?  Someone let me know if I'm wrong, I haven't gotten to read any of the "Weapons Plus" comics.  So I guess in the 'Captain America' movie, they're going to have to somehow blow up that military compound and all the serum and research contained within, since there's only supposed to be one true Super Soldier (i.e. Cap), right?

Also. they really should have made the Stark/Ross thing a true easter egg, not make it part of the movie itself.  It just smacks of trying WAY too hard.

Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #66 on: 17 Jun 2008, 13:46 »

Man, you know what the only thing more annoying than nitpicky comic fans? People who nitpick comic movies that don't actually read the comics. You seem to have missed the point of a lot of stuff:

For one, movies don't follow the standard comic book continuity, nor will they ever. That's a ridiculous demand. Just because things happened such and such way in the comics, doesn't mean it has to happen that way in the movie.

Secondly, no, there isn't only "one true super soldier." That's the point of the Weapon Plus idea. In each and every continuity, there were multiple super soldiers, but Cap was first success(Wolverine was a part of the same program). From there, the Weapon Plus program was a program intending to recreate the success of the original Super Soldier serum. Isiah Bradley, Wolverine and, to an extent, Patriot are all results of the Weapon Plus program. Their being a variation of the Super Soldier formula in Ross' posession has absolutely zero bearing on Captain America's past in the movie universe.

In point of fact, it's been well established by the director that Captain America is intended to follow the same idea of being created in WW II and then frozen. They filmed a scene where Banner actually journeys to the arctic in an effort to kill himself and, while there, he encounters what appears to be a human body frozen in the ice. This scene was cut as they felt it was too dark. Leterrier says they plan to release the scene on the internet soon and it will make it into the DVD in all likelihood.

JON MADE ME GAY

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #67 on: 17 Jun 2008, 15:02 »

Yeah, the fact that the weapon program was created in WWII and then mostly mothballed until the Hulk was created strongly implied that Captain America was created in WWII, rather than by Ross.

no one special

• Curry sauce
« Reply #68 on: 17 Jun 2008, 18:17 »

Ok, sheesh, sorry, didn't mean to get your panties up in a bunch   :-P

Clearly I do not obsess about comics the way you do (and clearly that makes me SO inferior to your awesomeness), and apparently they were not talking about "creating" Captain America - my bad.  But I am still impressed that you pretty much completely missed the point of my post. 

First of all, I wasn't asking that the comic continuity be completely represented OMGITSJUSTLIKETHACOMIX in the movie.  At what point did I "demand" that?  I'd never expect that, and there's never been a comic book movie where's that's happened.  The mention about Weapons Plus was to say that I would be surprised if something so relatively new were to be considered canon - the fact that it was in the movie was actually rather impressive to me, showed they did their homework.  Also, please note that I asked if it was canon, implying that I did not know.  That doesn't mean that I expected everything in the movie to be straight from the comic!  Good Lord man, you must have some Hulk-sized legs to jump to a conclusion like that.  Also, I personally didn't consider Wolverine a "Super Soldier" - yes, i know he went through the same program, but he was a mutant, it's not like they gave him the serum or anything. 

And the whole point about "the director already established etc etc etc." - how, exactly, would I have known that from watching the movie?  I was simply talking about my impressions from seeing the movie  And from seeing the movie, that was the conclusion I drew from Stark propositioning Colonel Ross. 

On that topic - why did Stark proposition Colonel Ross?  If not to create Cap, then something else to do with the Super-Soldier serum?  I mean, Stark's gotta have a million contacts in the military - why go talk to Ross?  I'd love to hear some other opinions on the matter, I'm curious to hear what some rational people have to say.

WTF happened to this thread to make it so damned mean-spirited?  Sheesh. 

ANYWAYS, overall I really liked the movie.  Not as amazing as Iron Man, but I feel like there was a slightly lesser script to work with.  The CGI worked, I loved the scene in the waterfall - it really showed Hulk's personality well.  Norton did a great job, as did William Hurt.  I feel like the Hulk is too complex of a character to be summed up in one film, but I feel like they did a really good job with this one!   :-)

if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #69 on: 17 Jun 2008, 21:05 »

I don't know, but I do know Jon has been the target of pantybunching references twice in this thread and hasn't been a big enough asshole to warrant it.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #70 on: 17 Jun 2008, 23:18 »

\On that topic - why did Stark proposition Colonel Ross?  If not to create Cap, then something else to do with the Super-Soldier serum?  I mean, Stark's gotta have a million contacts in the military - why go talk to Ross?  I'd love to hear some other opinions on the matter, I'm curious to hear what some rational people have to say.

It's about the Avengers. Like how at the end of Iron Man, Nick Fury tells Tony Stark about it. Stark is passing the word along to Colonel Ross.

no one special

• Curry sauce
« Reply #71 on: 18 Jun 2008, 01:32 »

Yes, I agree that it was regarding the Avengers - but why pass the word to Colonel Ross?  He just seems like a totally untrustworthy dude.  And I'm just wondering what Colonel Ross might have to contribute to the project. 

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #72 on: 18 Jun 2008, 05:22 »

Ross has a strong connection to Bruce Banner/The Hulk. If you can't contact Banner directly, who else are you gonna go to? Note that my only knowledge of the Hulk is from the 90s animated series and the 2003 movie.
Special person, you have made some astounding leaps in logic in this thread. Simply astounding. It might be an idea for you to slow down and consider your post a little longer. You tried to belittle a person in this thread who not only makes regular positive contributions to the forum, but is posting in a manner that is far more intelligent and accessible than your own. I can't speak for everybody, but I think this made you look like a gigantic asshole, which I'm sure you're not. People are going to think you're a bit of a tit if their only encounters of you are aching to the encounters present on this page.

What happened was that both you and rynne didn't stop to think and ended up getting your panties in a bunch. You both acted with hostility when somebody responded to your posts in a reasonable manner.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #73 on: 18 Jun 2008, 06:59 »

To be fair, Darryl, I am pretty sure that that orange text was added by a mod, not no one special. At least, in my experience, that little orange italic text generally means mod activity.

And Jordan, I seriously need to check with a physician. I think I might have some kind of asshole disease. Not like anal prolapse or anything, just a condition whereas people who don't know me seem to respond with rampant hostility to me when I'm actually TRYING to be reasonable for once.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 07:01 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #74 on: 18 Jun 2008, 08:37 »

What happened was that both you and rynne didn't stop to think and ended up getting your panties in a bunch. You both acted with hostility when somebody responded to your posts in a reasonable manner.

Look, I don't mean to cause trouble.  I know how forums work, and that the regs will always get more leeway over non-regs when arguments break out.  They're your friends, and everyone treats friends better than strangers.  Since I'm not a part of the core society, I've got a much worse vantage point on figuring out what's said in jest and what's said in seriousness.  Heck, I know that I'm probably a target precisely because you don't know me.  I'll probably get more bad responses by replying than it's worth, and I'm an idiot for doing so.

That all being said, I don't think I was the one to act hostilely first.  From my point of view, the first character judgment between myself and 0bsessions was his: he claimed that I was discourteous because I was talking about a "spoiler," though, in my mind, I'd only posted publicly-available facts.  I responded to a perceived unwarrented insult (ironically providing ample justification for it after the fact).  In cooler-headed hindsight, I should've ignored the whole thing.  As for panties-in-a-bunch, I think both of us were equally ridiculous in our subsequent posts.

So, I apologize for my part in the whole fiasco.  Also, for this thread derail.  That Hulk, he's pretty green in this film, huh?
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 09:00 by rynne »
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #75 on: 18 Jun 2008, 09:10 »

He is actually less green than he was in the previous film! go figure.

Dissy

« Reply #76 on: 18 Jun 2008, 09:31 »

I think they made him more of a forest green, instead of the lime green that Ang Lee had.  I actually like the darker colour better.
I fuck at typos

no one special

• Curry sauce
« Reply #77 on: 18 Jun 2008, 15:26 »

No, I added the orange, italicized text.  That was me.  It wasn't meant to be an accusation, just surprise at how this thread was getting out of hand.

I have to agree that Obsessions didn't deserve the attacks from the first guy, as he was simply trying to keep some surprise for people.  I got no problem with that.

I have absolutely no idea how I'm being labeled as overreacting tho - I was just putting up some opinions on the movie, and then got a bigger reaction than I deserved, and I didn't know where it came from.

Man, you know what the only thing more annoying than nitpicky comic fans? People who nitpick comic movies that don't actually read the comics.
That just seemed unnecessarily mean.  Some latent frustration from previous posts maybe, I don't know.  it's not like I was all "omg i can't believe betty and doc sampson are dating omg".  I just said that I don't like Ross (he's a dick), and it sucks that he's at all involved with something so cool like the Avengers.  I wasn't complaining that that wasn't the way in went in the comics, or anything like that.

For one, movies don't follow the standard comic book continuity, nor will they ever. That's a ridiculous demand. Just because things happened such and such way in the comics, doesn't mean it has to happen that way in the movie. 
I never even mentioned comic vs. movie continuity.  Not once.  I straight up said I hadn't read the Weapon Plus comics, and I was asking questions about it, not nitpicking or... ugh. whatever.

Sheesh, I just wanted to post about the movie, and now i get into a fight on the internet, which is clearly the most ideal use of time and brainspace for everyone involved. 

No, I'm not a jerk, but I am indeed frustrated. 

*sigh*  whatever, I wash my hands of this thread. I'm done.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #78 on: 18 Jun 2008, 17:53 »

You just had to explain yourself, because you didn't communicate very well at all with your first post. If what you had just said, in those exact words, was what you had said in your initial post here, Jon wouldn't have 'overreacted' like he did. Try reading his post in a light-hearted tone and not an accusatory one. That's the trick to not getting angry at people on the internet.

I just got back from watching the movie. People are telling me it's "almost as good as Iron Man" and "easily on par with Iron Man". Well, these people are all wrong. It was slightly better than Iron Man. I've never seen a comic book movie handled this well before. Everybody was fantastic, I even found myself liking Liv Tyler.

Dissy

« Reply #79 on: 18 Jun 2008, 18:15 »

Everyone should pretend that you are talking to someone face to face, instead of over the internet.
I fuck at typos

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #80 on: 18 Jun 2008, 22:55 »

Basically the main benefit this film had was making me think "Oh, okay, well I guess I should go see Iron Man or something now." I was really excited about Iron Man back when it came out, but then I didn't rally have any time and such, and sort of forgot about it a little.  The Incredible Hulk was pretty enjoyable, and it did not feel like a waste of money. Uhh...yeah. I had fun. Other than that, I don't suppose it was a terribly remarkable film. But it tweren't bad, by no means.

It made me really curious about trying to go back and read some Hulk comics though. The last time I did that was like, years ago and all I remember is that Bruce Banner woke up in some hospital and a "tornado" somehow had conveniently saved him from awful circumstances, oh and it killed like dozens of people. And then like a couple scenes later in the same comic Brucey is sitting on the edge of a cliff and tries to blow his own brains out, but of course it if not physically possible to do so, at least not with the puny revolver he used. That doesn't sound familiar to anybody, does it? I think it was in an Ultimate series or something. Would anybody know enough to recommend a good place to start with Hulk? Any good one-offs that may exist?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #81 on: 19 Jun 2008, 06:30 »

I just got back from watching the movie. People are telling me it's "almost as good as Iron Man" and "easily on par with Iron Man". Well, these people are all wrong.

What? How dare you, Darryl! This movie was great, it...

It was slightly better than Iron Man. I've never seen a comic book movie handled this well before. Everybody was fantastic, I even found myself liking Liv Tyler.

Oh, I see. It was a fakeout. I get it.

Abyway, De_El, I am pretty sure you're referring to the miniseries 'Banner' by Brian Azzarello. It was a mini from back in like 2002. I only ever read the first issue, though, so I can't really judge it.

Anyways, good places to read some good Hulk. Unfortunately, my Hulk reading was never all that extensive, but I can give a few examples of some great stories I have read:

Hulk: Gray by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. It's a continuity lite early story of the Hulk. It's by the same team that did Batman: The Long Halloween (Which is allegedly one of the primary influences on the new Dark Knight flick) and it makes for a good, fun read. It's a bit pricey on Amazon (You shouldn't have to pay more than $15-$20 for it).

There's also Future Imperfect by Peter David. This one involves the Hulk (At this point, essentially Banner's intellect combined with Hulk's strength) being flung into a post Apocalyptic future to take down a tyrant called the Maestro.

A very recent, but very excellent and popular Hulk story is Planet Hulk by Greg Pak, one of the best new writer's Marvel has. Don't worry about the sold out "Prelude to Planet Hulk. While not a bad story, all you need to know is that a group of Marvel's most well known leaders decides Hulk is too dangerous and they trick him into a long distance shuttle that throws him off into space, with the intention of leaving him on a beautiful, green planet with no indigenous lifeforms. As is customary, though, something's gotta go wrong. This is from an era where Hulk is less a mumbling savage and has some semblence of intellect.

Planet Hulk leads into World War Hulk, also by Pak. I won't give a synopsis as it kind of ruins the entire story of Planet Hulk, but it's a good old fashioned smash-fest.

Aside from those, there's Marvel's Digital Comics Unlimited. It's a subscription based website that allows you to read comics online for $10 a month or $60 a year. They've got a pretty decent selection of Hulk comics (Though not as comprehensive as it should with the new movie out). It's got at least enough to warrant a month's subscription to wade through (Such as the first run of The Ultimates, which is a great Hulk story AND the lead up to and most of Planet Hulk). They have free samples, too, so I'd recommend checking it out.
JON MADE ME GAY

carrotosaurus

• Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #82 on: 19 Jun 2008, 07:59 »

The Ultimates is a great place to start, as a lot of the Marvel Avengers film franchise seems to be basing itself (loosely) off that. They're also pretty damn good.

ditto on Planet Hulk.

There's also some Essential Hulk collections, of which I think Vol. 2 should be required reading.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2008, 08:02 by carrotosaurus »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #83 on: 19 Jun 2008, 08:46 »

Marvel Essentials in general are absolutely fantastic. I learned most of my Marvel history from collecting them through my teens. They're ridiculously cheap and ridiculously comprehensive (The X-Men ones alone cover something like 200 issues' worth and can be gotten for under $150 if you bargain shop online)
JON MADE ME GAY

Plasticity

« Reply #84 on: 19 Jun 2008, 14:24 »

I really enjoyed this movie. I didn't catch that it was Doc Samson the first time, glad someone mentioned that.

I heard Luke Cage and Power Man show up at some point, can anyone tell me where they were?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #85 on: 19 Jun 2008, 15:08 »

i just saw this last night and must say i am incredibly impressed (pun intended, for sure).

i thought it was much better than Iron Man because, despite how awesome Iron Man was, the pacing was just wrong.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Plasticity

« Reply #86 on: 19 Jun 2008, 19:14 »

Alright I liked this too, but how can you possibly say it was a better movie than Iron Man? That was perfect from start to finish, all the acting was great, and it captured the spirit of the comic perfectly. Hulk had some really wooden performances, the chemistry between Norton and Tyler was flat to say the least, and while the Mr. Green/Mr. Blue thing was cool, the film as a whole doesn't come close to what Iron Man did.

carrotosaurus

• Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #87 on: 20 Jun 2008, 05:39 »

Speaking of, was I the only person hoping for the entire movie that Mr. Blue was The Beast?  Man, was I sorely disappointed.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #88 on: 20 Jun 2008, 10:19 »

don't get me wrong, Plasticity, i loved Iron Man too but they just rushed it far too much and pretty much decided to not develop the villain at all.
it's like "okay, he's Iron Man now, we'll see some development of his superhero side OH WAIT HE'S FIGHTING THE MAIN VILLAIN WHO WE BARELY KNEW ABOUT MOVIE OVER"

pretty much ruined it for me.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #89 on: 20 Jun 2008, 14:20 »

I am a fan of Team Loeb & Sale (although I heard Spiderman: Blue wasn't that great), so I will probably check out Hulk: Gray and some Essentials.  I don't know why I've never bothered to read any Essentials before, but I can always abuse the local Borders like a library when I'm strapped for cash and plow through some of those.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #90 on: 20 Jun 2008, 14:45 »

^That is how I've read through nearly all of the Ultimates line...

I enjoyed Hulk quite a bit, and I would put my experience on par with my Iron Man experience. I thought Norton did a great job taking control of the project (I'm so glad he did, but I'm morbidly curious what it would have been like if he hadn't), though they are setting the bar really high for the rest of the movies they have coming out soon. From what I understand, Thor and Captain America with both be period pieces (Thor being a Norse Fantasy type movie, a lot like Lord of the Rings probably, and Captain America being set all in WW2) and these two have just been done so well, and modern, that it makes me both extremely anxious and extremely nervous about the future movies.

But, I can't really say enough good about this movie. I'm not so sure I like the very obvious "if we were to make a sequel to this movie, maybe it will be the Leader?" moment. I guess it was good fan sevice, though I'll admit I know almost nothing about the Leader, but I felt like it was just a little over the top. Personal opinion? Yes. Of course.

What I'm hoping is that Iron Man 2 will be Tony Stark unleashing the Hulkbuster armor! That would be fun.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #91 on: 20 Jun 2008, 16:09 »

They're actually bringing out a Thor movie, then?  Hmm...

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #92 on: 20 Jun 2008, 16:28 »

Thor better be played by Eric Adams.

The Cheesinator

• Plantmonster
« Reply #93 on: 07 Jul 2008, 18:18 »

Although I'm posting this way after I saw the movie, I liked it. No Iron Man, but still entertaining. However, much of the final fight scene that takes place in "Harlem" was a bit lost on me after I noticed the Zanzibar strip club that is not next to the Apollo Theatre but stands alone in the heart of downtown Toronto. Didn't help that I'd been to the Apollo about two months before then (I even sang on the stage, which was fun).

Nitpicking aside, a decent movie.
This calls for a thumbs up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up