THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fusion Foods  (Read 15864 times)

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Re: Fusion Foods
« Reply #50 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:21 »

Meat and tomatoes is a fairly common combination in a lot of places! I don't think it's just an Australian thing

The book specifically refers to kiwis and other assorted tropical/subtropical fruits that grow in Australia. The two examples I remember are beefsteaks stuffed with kiwi andmaybe mango, and some fish dish with a fruit coulis. I'm drunk right now and don't feel like going out to my car to grab the book, but I'll quote the source when I wake up tomorrow.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #51 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:41 »

How about I save you the trouble and tell you that it is total bullshit. Seriously, I have heard of Apricot Chicken and Mango Chicken is a personal favourite of mine (yet it is only made at indian restaraunts, to my knowledge at least) but both of those aren't really Australian cuisine. In fact I don't think most Australians would consider any particular food quintessentially Aussie unless it was a pie or something. I might be crap at being Australian but I've never actually heard of Australian "cuisine" other than the whole bush tucker thing which is all bugs and nasty bread.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #52 on: 18 Mar 2008, 04:46 »

According to Bowling and RSL clubs, Australian cuisine is Chicken Schnitzel, Roast Beef and soggy baked potatoes.

Anyway: Fish and fruit is nice. At work we sometimes do a trout and mango salad which is divine.

Aztex

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #53 on: 18 Mar 2008, 07:40 »

Today i mixed Japanese Udon with Malaysian Randaan

was pretty good.

I fried the Udon noodles and then put it into a bowl and added the Randaan Curry.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #54 on: 18 Mar 2008, 17:15 »

Yeah fruit and fish is awesome, I remember once my dad made this nice sticky sauce from honey or syrup and lemon juice, was really nice but he made it while I was gutting the trout we had caught so I didn't see what went into it.

It was really tasty and I remember it over ten years on.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #55 on: 25 Mar 2008, 22:26 »

There is a cafe near my house that makes an amazing steak burger which is only amazing because of the mango chutney on it.  OMNOMNOM
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #56 on: 26 Mar 2008, 00:13 »

Mango chutney is amazing. There used to be a diner near my school that made pork chops with mango peach yellow pepper chutney that was to die for. They went out of business and I miss them.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up