THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 20:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 2376 times)

np96

Internet Radio
« on: 28 May 2008, 07:12 »

Can anyone recommend a good internet radio akin to last.fm and pandora? I can't get Pandora as I am in the UK and they don't broadcast out here and last.fm is a bit crappy, the band descriptions are pretty poor and they don't give any information on which album the song is from.

Thanks

Divide by Zero

• Emoticontraindication
  • "On top of everything else, it's superficial."
Re: Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2008, 08:09 »

Cue unhelpful and insulting reactions in three... two...

Seriously, though. Give last.fm another try. Most forumites I've heard mention it really seem to like it, although I, personally, don't use it. I'm planning on joining sometime soon-ish just to see what all the hype is about, though.
In another troubling note, U.S. intelligence sources report that Iran is developing "a gigantic rocket-powered shoe.''

-Dave Barry's 2008 Year in Review

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2008, 08:18 »

The thing I see people complain about with Last.FM is that it recommends things you already know and like. Well, if that's the case, just listen to a single track by the band and it won't recommend them again. Problem solved, easy. I have been impressed with last.fm in the past.

np96

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2008, 08:27 »

Don't get me wrong, the recommendations are excellent, even if  some of it stuff I have heard before, its just little things like the band and album descriptions that I don't really like as they are not well done. If I'm listening to someone I've never heard of, I would like to know a little about them just out of interest and if I hear a song I really like, I would like to know which album its from. I just wish pandora could broadcast over here.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2008, 09:09 »

Cue unhelpful and insulting reactions in three... two...

We're not insulting, you twat.

Anyway, I dunno why I'm in this thread as I have nothing to offer.

Irony is delicious.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

mattgcn

• Emoticontraindication
  • The goat, the pole and their relative positions
    • MATTGCN
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2008, 22:09 »

Just listen to non-personalised radio like somaFM and you're bound to find something you like anyways. (Though with last.fm just google for album info because the information provided is useless as fuck)
Still trying desperately to fit in
Pages: [1]   Go Up