THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 04:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 932738 times)

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

For a moment I thought you were talking about Soundwave Revolution festival in Australlia, that got cancelled supposedly due to Van Halen still not having an album ready for public display - they were the main headliner and I think they pulled out.

If your whole festival collapses because Van Halen decides not to show, you're probably doing it wrong.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

For a moment I thought you were talking about Soundwave Revolution festival in Australlia, that got cancelled supposedly due to Van Halen still not having an album ready for public display - they were the main headliner and I think they pulled out.

If your whole festival collapses because Van Halen decides not to show, you're probably doing it wrong.

BROWN M&Ms!
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Just saw Kvelertak and The Secret who were so good.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties

just saw andrew wk... not sure how i feel about life right now
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

valley_parade

• coprophage

Couple'a hardcore bands tonight, charity show for a local toys for poor kids at xmas thing.

Awesome. Rad. Can't wait.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

On Tuesday I'm going to see Kvelertak, Trap Them, Toxic Holocaust and Wolves like us.
It's going to be so good.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

I posted this in my youtube page thread, but thought I'd crosspost here to get some thoughts.

There's one venue in town that's a really nice place to film, and they have a lot of pretty big national acts coming through, but while I recognize the names, I don't follow the current scene enough to know which are worth going to. So, if anybody wants to peruse the venue calendar and point me at some shows you'd like to see with some high quality video, let me know!

If somebody is willing to PAY me to go, I might even check out the Attack Attack! show Feb 5th.  :-P
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

On Tuesday I'm going to see Kvelertak, Trap Them, Toxic Holocaust and Wolves like us.
It's going to be so good.

Saw it last Monday. Awesome show, and had a totally bro-tastic evening with the dudes afterwards. My band has toured with The Secret before, so it was good to see them again. Also, a friend of mine ended up with a broken collarbone and no recollection of how she got it. All in all a good evening.

valley_parade

• coprophage

WU LYF at the end of April.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Saw Cynic yesterday.

Pretty damn good, I must say.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Saw it last Monday. Awesome show, and had a totally bro-tastic evening with the dudes afterwards. My band has toured with The Secret before, so it was good to see them again. Also, a friend of mine ended up with a broken collarbone and no recollection of how she got it. All in all a good evening.

Where do you live?
Yeah, it was a wonderful show, I wonder why Trap them was on the list but instead The Secret was playing. Guess they just couldn't make it and were replaced?
Wolves Like Us were pretty good live, their drummer was incredible. The Secret was just as intense as the time I saw them back in Roadburn 2011 but the sound was way better now. Toxic Holocaust were probably the best band in terms of music but I fucking HATED the crowd... Few people there just standing and I was one of the very few ones at front... It was awful and I totally lmao when the bassist got a bit pissed off and pointed at some teens sitting in a sofa in a corner for not knowing what fun was (not like I want to be an elite douche but they DID look like guys who haven't really been on a concert and were there just for Kvelertak). Oh... and during the last song all the members from Wolves Like Us and The Secret came to the stage and headbanged like crazy, lifted the bassist who was still playing and doing the backing vocals hahahah. Fun moment.

Kvelertak was extremely good, not as good as Toxic Holocaust but at that moment the whole crowd was excited so things went nuts. If TH had the same audience they would have won easily for me. One of those "soffa kids" had a tambourine with him and it was kind of cool that he knew exactly the moments when that instrument was used in the album and he played it so well that the vocalist actually grabbed him to the stage to play with the band for a couple of minutes hahahaha. At the last song all the members from Wolves Like Us, The Secret and Toxic Holocaust came to the stage... with instruments. Everyone played, the vocalist from the Secret helped with the vocals and two floor toms were added as well, some members gave some guys from the crowd the drumsticks to play for a while as well.

I also did my good thing of the week and helped some dude to find his lip piercing that he lost in the middle of the Kvelertak set. Dude was so glad he gave me a big hug  :lol:

Got this sick t-shirt and poster along with the tour version of the album.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

Looking forward to seeing Project Pitchfork next year in march. The guy can't sing for craps live (imo) but their overall sound has the weird ability to clear up your mind in such a beautiful way. :-D
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
    • Confessions of a Creative Writer

M83 next month, also Wild Flag. Those will be good I hope.

I haven't heard who is supporting Wild Flag in the UK next month.

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building

The Men + Iceage + Lower in a couple of weeks.

Leave Home is constantly on repeat and there's guaranteed violence on stage so - I. Am. Psyched.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

Kwaping

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Pedals!
    • Kwaping!

Going to see Dick Dale tonight with my dad! :)
No amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill - but I keep trying!

Kwaping

• Pedals!
    • Kwaping!

Saw Dick Dale, he and his band were awesome. Paid $10 for an autograph on my DD songbook, did not pay $40 (!!!) for a tee-shirt.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

RHCP currently has a hole in their tour schedule for this year from March 16th to June 23rd. I am guessing that the Northeastern US dates fall somewhere in this hole. ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me be right. I can not wait much longer.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Algernon

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • dangerously bipedal

Real Estate opening for Girls on the 14th SO EXCITED

Kwaping

• Pedals!
    • Kwaping!

I have to admit I don't much care for Girls (teh band), but I FREAKING LOVE Real Estate (teh band)!!!! Enjoy the show. :)

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

RHCP currently has a hole in their tour schedule for this year from March 16th to June 23rd. I am guessing that the Northeastern US dates fall somewhere in this hole. ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me be right. I can not wait much longer.

They were pretty awesome in London. Played some oldies, it was rockin'. Better than when I saw them with Frusciante.

Oh, and the whole Soundwave thing (months late, but meh) was due to Aerosmith - another Dinosaur band. To be fair, Van Halen only ever went to Australia once, touring an album that nobody (except me and 500k other people) liked. So to go there with David Lee Roth was probably a big thing for them.

I need to see some bands that are somewhere between arenas and unsigned tiny bands that are from my university. Help?

alexaub

• Not quite a lurker

Those of you who have seen John Darnielle live:

Should I leave work early and pay $16/ticket and drive 115 miles to see Nurses open up for The Mountain Goats on Feb. 2?

I'm thinking tentatively yes.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

So let's do a little math. You're driving 230 miles total. I'm going to estimate you'll get an average of 20 miles per gallon on that drive which means you'll use 11.5 gallons of gas. At a national average of some $3.38/gallon, you're looking at $38.87 or so for gas, plus $16 for the ticket, plus (probably) another $8-10 for parking, plus something to eat (call it $7). So you're looking at $70 plus or minus, plus the money lost from leaving work early. Which is a lot. On the other hand, The Mountain Goats are a great live band and if you have money to spend (aka you're not living paycheck to paycheck with really nothing at all left over at the end of every two weeks or month or whatever), for me spending it on a killer concert is one of the best ways to do it. In the long run, that $70 isn't going to change your life one way or another whereas a really amazing concert is something you can look back on fondly for years to come. All of which is to say, I think you should go.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

Listen to the Wombat.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I am enormously pumped for tomorrow!

We're playing in the big-ass lobby of the National Library here in Denmark. We're gonna line the entire back wall with amps and cabs. It will be glorious.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Henry Rollins is also coming to my town, with affordable ticket prices...

..while I'm on tour :(

lepetitfromage

They were pretty awesome in London. Played some oldies, it was rockin'. Better than when I saw them with Frusciante.

Oh, and the whole Soundwave thing (months late, but meh) was due to Aerosmith - another Dinosaur band. To be fair, Van Halen only ever went to Australia once, touring an album that nobody (except me and 500k other people) liked. So to go there with David Lee Roth was probably a big thing for them.

I need to see some bands that are somewhere between arenas and unsigned tiny bands that are from my university. Help?

Hearing that makes me soo happy  :-) I've seen them twice and I was a devout Frusciante fan. Klinghoffer was definitely good on the new album but I was nervous about him live. Then again, I knew very little about him in the first place. I'm sooo freaking ready for them to tour! Who opened when you saw them?

whom

• Plantmonster
  • fire is pretty

A Wilhelm Scream's playing in Philly next month and I will most likely be able to go!  My boyfriend and I just might need to spend an awkward night at my parent's house :|
You don't know what it's like to be stuck in my mind all the time

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

Henry Rollins is also coming to my town, with affordable ticket prices...

..while I'm on tour :(
last time I saw him...it was $8. Which was an outrage for the times. Black Flag only got to play 3 songs. I've probably told this story 19 times.  :-P Forgive the elderly.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

King Krule, Real Estate, and Girls were awesome, as expected, in ascending order of awesomeness.  I like Real Estate more actually, but Girls are much more fun to see live—Real Estate is kinda chill, while with Girls you really get a sense of FUCK I AM LISTENING TO ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC BEING PLAYED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME—and they fucking rocked Terminal 5.

And on Thursday I'm seeing Cults at Webster Hall.  And possibly Jeff Mangum this weekend.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

King Krule, Real Estate, and Girls

Sounds like a hell of a show. Are they touring together or something?

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

King Krule, Real Estate, and Girls

Sounds like a hell of a show. Are they touring together or something?

I don't think so...as far as I can tell, it was just a one time thing.  An awesome one time thing.

Also, Ty Segall is playing at my college this Thursday wooo

lepetitfromage

Wooo bought the peppers tickets last night wooo

We're driving all the way from Poughkeepsie to Pittsburgh to see them, but it was the only place that wasn't practically sold out. Every show within 200 miles of us was snatched up by fucking assholes and put on eBay.

Jerks.

Oh well, adventure! And this seems to be RHCP week for me....got my tattoo on Saturday, wee. Will post pics once it looks a little less scabb-y.

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

I'm seeing Dustin Wong from Ponytail tonight!  So I'm preparing myself for some insane guitar looping.

valley_parade

• coprophage

CAAAAAAAAAWK SPARRER.

And Slapshot.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Fucking ULCERATE in less than a week!

Theyis

• Not quite a lurker

Going to see Earth in a couple of weeks...  :-D

Their latest album is nothing short of amazing.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Ulcerate is TOMORROW!

I AM SO HAPPY!

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

Lower Dens tonight whattt

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate

Owen Pallett on April 20th @ ICA (Boston)
White Denim on April 11th @ Johnny Brenda's (Philadelphia)

How am I going to afford it? I don't know...

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

No Age last night.  I still can barely hear and I'm covered in bruises, but goddamn was that fun.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

I saw Young the Giant last night at Terminal 5 in NYC with my girlfriend and one of my buddies.  They were SOO GOOD.  I would definitely see them again.  Very entertaining to watch, and sounded just as good, if not better than, the record.  The singer has a beautiful voice and never stopped moving during the entire set.  They played a couple new songs, and played a couple songs with a string quartet that just added to their wall-of-sound approach.  They totally brought down the house with show closer "My Body".  Grouplove opened but we missed them due to traffic getting into the city and stuff, which I'm kind of bummed about but oh well.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Frank Turner opening for the Dropkick Murphys Saturday night, this'll be fun.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

My wife's 2nd cousin is the drummer in one of these bands saturday.
Twitchers, Milk Dick, Strange Rivals, Synth Humpers @ PARTY EXPO (BK, NY)
http://milkdick.bandcamp.com/
Excited to go out although wife is having surgery the day before. A bit concerned.
But as she is running though our whole set with a broken wrist in the next room...
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

Going to a show at the Museum of Musical Instruments today.  Local Celtic types are playing. 

"Tramor/Overseas is the new traditional music project of John Good, Brid Dower, Liz Warren, Billy Parker, and Greg “Sule” Wilson. The group brings the subtly different flavor of traditional Welsh music to the stage with bagpipes, flutes, whistles, mandolins, guitar, percussion, storytelling, and dance!"

Celebration of Celtic Culture
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I saw Mustasch yesterday. Pretty decent.

Though, 7th of April I will be in the HMV Forum in London with my brother in-law, and we will be attending Boltfest 2012. I'll get to see Discharge, Benediction, Autopsy and Bolt Thrower themselves will play an extra long set. It will be GLORIOUS!

TinPenguin

• Cogito ergo potato.

Going to the Netherlands for Paganfest this weekend. Wheeeeeee. Solstafir, Heidevolk, Negura Bunget, Alestorm, Equilibrium, Primordial and Eluveitie. It shall be awesome.

lepetitfromage

The Shins are going to Terminal 5 in NYC next month. I want to go. I need to happen upon $70 and someone to go with.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

Was supposed to go see Maria's cousin's band:
Milk Dick @ 929 expo tonight. But she has this huge metal bracket screwed to her radial bone in several places and is in so much pain. Even if I could go I should probably not leave her alone.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Algernon

• dangerously bipedal

Saw Dr. Dog tonight!  Twas pretty sweet.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 58   Go Up