THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 01:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 918066 times)

mat_mantra

Got my "official" Mogwai ticket in the mail today, too bad the show isn't till October...  And just for the record, I paid around 29 euro for mine, with them playing at Live Music Hall in Cologne.  Little over 50$ with the exchange rate right now, and compared with some of the shows I've been to, I still consider that cheap

DMart

• Larger than most fish
  • Most participants desire.
    • Fritzwicky

Dandy fucking Warhols tomorrow!

I was considering seeing them here in November, but with their new album not quite doing it for me and tickets being $80, I decided against it...  Got tickets to Meredith, hoping to catch Holy Fuck both there and at their side show, but we shall see. Oh, Augie March are playing here again soon too. Friggen sweet. I should really get tickets for that soon.
An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and “elevator” music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

I was considering seeing them here in November, but with their new album not quite doing it for me and tickets being $80, I decided against it...  Got tickets to Meredith, hoping to catch Holy Fuck both there and at their side show, but we shall see. Oh, Augie March are playing here again soon too. Friggen sweet. I should really get tickets for that soon.

I am hopeful for a nostalgia tour + the few good pop songs off ...Earth To The Dandy Warhols...
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

valley_parade

• coprophage

Sigur Ros. Tomorrow night. HELLS YES.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

I'm leaving for my flight to NY for All Tomorrow's Parties in 45 minutes!

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

I was extremely pissed when I tried to buy tickets for their Chicago show TWO MONTHS ahead of time and they were sold out.

GAAAAAAAHHHHH
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

valley_parade

• coprophage

I was extremely pissed when I tried to buy tickets for their Chicago show TWO MONTHS ahead of time and they were sold out.

GAAAAAAAHHHHH

Too bad you aren't in the Boston area. I had two tickets, but sold the extra one on craigslist.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

In six hours, I will be taking my seat in the United Palace Theater so see Sigur Ros!! I can't wait. And tomorrow is Stars at the Troc which should be rather excellent.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ballard

• Older than Moses

The Dandy Warhols were fan-fucking-tastic. Also The Upsidedown was pretty good.

My Bloody Valentine on Monday!

Against Me!, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, and Future of the Left (two thirds of mclusky and another dude) on October 11th
Girl Talk in November
Possibly My Morning Jacket on New Year's Eve if a bunch of things work in my favor and I end up not having a prior engagement.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Ted Leo, FotL and Against Me! in the same show?

You just won music, Eugene. o/

Ted Leo played an fucking amazing set when I saw him in March, but the crowd wasn't into it AT ALL. Way to ruin a show, drunk bros.

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions

@Ballard
My Morning Jacket on New Year's Eve? Serious win! Where are they playing?
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Math homework, suck a dick! You are making me miss a Bon Iver gig! I even bought a ticket!

... and it was amazing, especially when everyone sang along to The Wolves (Act I and II). I feel really sorry for you, and it would have been even better if you were there.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Ballard

• Older than Moses

@Ballard
My Morning Jacket on New Year's Eve? Serious win! Where are they playing?

Unfortunately,  at Madison Square Garden. Which means that tickets will be expensive out the ass and I will still be a mile away (I've had $250 a piece floor seats for other shows at Madison Square Garden and felt like I was in the nosebleed section).

We shall see, however.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Oh man, Stars put on a killer live show, guys. They were hugely energetic and played a great set. They also seemed genuinely and incredibly grateful to see how excited the audience was to see them. They seemed to put all they had into the set which is always very nice to see. I was tempted to go see them in NYC the next night but $30 tickets dissuaded me.

Hollow Press (my blog)

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock

That makes me feel even worse about missing ACL (Stars, Vampire Weekend, Gogol Bordello, Hot Chip, and MGMT/Spiritualized were a few of many very exciting ideas to me), but at least I am still going to see Okkervil River and Man Man at their aftershow!
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

dystancholitects

• Not quite a lurker
  • deathly afraid of waterbugs

MY BLOODY VALENTINE TODAY.
please beware of them that stare

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Goddamnit, I'm being sweet-talked into buying tickets to the Why? show, for 9 other people. And I probably won't get paid back.

Those fuckers better be glad I'm their friend.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Hey music board make a decision for me.

Sat Nov 8- THE SEA AND CAKE, DEATH VESSEL $15 Mainstage 9:00 @ The Black Cat y/n/m?

I'm leaning towards Y but I don't know if they put on a good show nowadays.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm supposed to see Street Dogs this Saturday but I dunno if I can get down to Boston or not.

Latte

MY BLOODY VALENTINE TODAY.

Holy shit!  It shows that I've been paying attention.  Just bought a ticket for the show in SF.  How was it?

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions

The Dandy Warhols were fan-fucking-tastic. Also The Upsidedown was pretty good.

I fucked myself and didnt goto Dandy Warhols last sunday, mostly cause I was trying to fuck someone else.  Either way, regrets abound!

Although I have some sweet Hot Chip tix for Oct 1 and should be attending Girl Talk in Nov aswell (in MTL not NY mind you)
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Ballard

• Older than Moses

I would just like to say that there is no better feeling than that of the cold metal of the press barrier on your wrists at a My Bloody Valentine reunion show in a venue that legally holds 3500 and probably held more.

Front row, dead center, motherfuckers. I was maybe 4 meters away from Kevin Shields and, at some point earlier, J Mascis, who jammed with one of the opening acts.

Needless to say my week life is made and I am still experiencing the aftershocks of musical orgasm.

Cue crappy cameraphone pictures.

They ended with a 20 minute long noise solo. Kabir scored Bilinda Butcher's set list. Anyone who's going, fucking enjoy it. It's truly an amazing experience. Bring earplugs if you value your life!

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I saw Torche and Pelican yesterday.

Torche was probably the most ROCK thing ever. The guys were rocking out so hard, seriously. And when they brought the bomb guitars, it was so heavy I thought the universe was gonna collapse.

Pelican was also really, really good, as always, although they didn't play "Autumn Into Summer"

valley_parade

• coprophage

Street Dogs in Cambridge on Saturday. Rachel might go as well.

(guys, remind me to buy earplugs. Fu Manchu nearly made me deaf when I saw them at the Middle East)

sean

• welp

Pelican was also really, really good, as always, although they didn't play "Autumn Into Summer"

That has to be against some kind of rule.

Really, it has to be.

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
  • master of his domain ...for now

I would just like to say that there is no better feeling than that of the cold metal of the press barrier on your wrists at a My Bloody Valentine reunion show in a venue that legally holds 3500 and probably held more.

Front row, dead center, motherfuckers. I was maybe 4 meters away from Kevin Shields and, at some point earlier, J Mascis, who jammed with one of the opening acts.

Needless to say my week life is made and I am still experiencing the aftershocks of musical orgasm.

Cue crappy cameraphone pictures.

They ended with a 20 minute long noise solo. Kabir scored Bilinda Butcher's set list. Anyone who's going, fucking enjoy it. It's truly an amazing experience. Bring earplugs if you value your life!

update from that:  the built to spill/dinosaur jr./meat puppets show i was two metres away from all three bands, and dinosaur jr.'s setlist!

shit, it was amazing.  perfect from now on is a little jammy, so bts got a little boring at points, but dinosaur jr. was AMAZING.

and yeah, word to eugene, mbv was perfect.

fangsanalsatan

• Plantmonster

I saw Torche and Pelican yesterday.

Torche was probably the most ROCK thing ever. The guys were rocking out so hard, seriously. And when they brought the bomb guitars, it was so heavy I thought the universe was gonna collapse.

This.

I was expcting a fun show, but whoa, their sound was just immense.

I must admit though, Pelican was a little disappointing. They played a lot of their new boring post-rocky stuff. Don't get me wrong, they still gave a good heavy performance, but the setlist could have been much better. That said, they saved their asses with the encore, finally playing something from the s/t.

Nodaisho

TSO is going to be in Denver December 3rd and 4th, I am going to try to make that show, I really need to get a job.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i just found out that i might be seeing Why? on friday for something like $11.

hopefully that happens because that would be cool as hell.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

valley_parade

• coprophage

TSO is going to be in Denver December 3rd and 4th, I am going to try to make that show, I really need to get a job.

DO IT. They put on a hell of a show.

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building

I am going to see Andrew Birrrrrrrrrrrrd next Friday!

Barrabas

• Not quite a lurker

Electric Wizard
Grand Magus
Taint
Gentleman's Pistols
Diagonal
Moss
Serpencult
Litmus
all for about £15 in December. Before that, Grand Magus and Team Brick (among others) at the Croft in October.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Sloan w/ Golden Dogs tonight at the Troubadour. Oh my fucking goodness. This will make my year.
it's time to stop posting

Nodaisho

DO IT. They put on a hell of a show.
cheapest tickets are $40, I can afford it as long as nothing unexpected comes up, though I'm not sure who I will go with. All of the times in the past I have tried to go to big shows, though, something has gone wrong. Hopefully this one goes better.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

teamstein

Saw MBV last night in San Francisco. It was awesome. ROCKING. Fucking great and terrific and awesome. I risked (what is left of ) my fairly crappy 35 year old punk rock hearing (refused to wear earplugs) WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE 15-20 MIN ROCK TUMBLING MANIA and feel great today. They were so amazing. I saw them in 92 with Dinosaur jr in St. Petersburg, FL and that show pretty much changed my life. Last night didn't change my life...but it definitely made me happier than I thought possible sweating, cramped in with thousands of other people without having a particularly good view of the stage.

Spectrum
opening up was such as treat as I didn't know until the day before. I have seen him (them) and Spiritualized before...but seeing them within a short proximity of time near each other was ALMOST like seeing Spacemen 3! Right?

And tripping balls while Spiritualized was playing at the Treasure Island Music Festival (sun, wind, choir, perfect versions of some of my favorite songs) was just about one of the best things of my life ever.
Now if only Moose, Ride, and the Pale Saints would all get together and play.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Sir. With the colors. Please don't do that. It hurts my eyes.

Comix

Just saw Against Me, which was pretty fantastic.

I'm really looking forward to Rise Against as well.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Man I am so excited for next weekend.  Fleet Foxes on Friday.  Broken Social Scene on Saturday.
Week after that is Deerhoof and then Hercules and Love Affair at the same fucking venue on the the same fucking day.  FUCK.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com

The Fest in Gainesville, this halloween.  i can hardly believe it's less than a month away now!  it'll be my first visit to the USA, and i'll get to see a shitload of bands, some i've been a fan of for years, some i've only recently discovered, and i'll hopefully discover a few more there!

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions

Black Kids are playing MTL tomorrow night but its sold out, so I dont get to go...  Bummer hey?
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

ptownblazer

• Emoticontraindication

Deerhoof start their tour tonight in LA.  They're in Portland on the 6th.  I'll be seeing them in Denver on the 11th.  I want to see MBV!!!!  I'm jealous.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Shearwater on the 17th, Grails (maybe) later next month. We'll see how things work out.

Hollow Press (my blog)

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

The Fest in Gainesville, this halloween.  i can hardly believe it's less than a month away now!  it'll be my first visit to the USA, and i'll get to see a shitload of bands, some i've been a fan of for years, some i've only recently discovered, and i'll hopefully discover a few more there!

AAHH FUCK YOOOUU

From what I can tell, that shit is going to be off the hook.  I am totally jealous.  I would love to see The Ergs! again with a better crowd.

valley_parade

• coprophage

That's two shows on Halloween I'm going to miss. Dungen are playing Boston as well. But I won't have the money for a bus ticket.

ashashash

• Emoticontraindication

I'm missin' Deerhoof tomorrow, but on the other hand, Gogol Bordello on Tuesday should be rad.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Gogol Bordello on Tuesday should be rad.

Die in a fire.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Shiny Toy Guns don't really excite me as such, but a friend of mine is really excited about it and wants me to go with her. Anybody know if they put on a decent show or not?

valley_parade

• coprophage

THE. FUCKING. ERGS. WEDNESDAY.

(hopefully!)

sean

• welp

So the band Sam refers to as Cap'n Jazz part 2 says sound like Cap'n Jazz is playing in DC on the 19th, provided they find a venue. If they do, I may have to go.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2008, 15:27 by Objects inside Clouds »

sean

• welp

Well okay, you only said they sound like cap'n jazz.

I apologize if you found that offensive.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Up