THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 920781 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage

A band called The Future of the Left opened for them, and they were amazing.  They were a punk band from Scotland, and there was really no one on the floor when they played so during a synth solo about 8 of my friends and I formed a kick line.

Okay. You. RIGHT NOW. Go listen to everything you can find by a band called McLusky. The world's going to make so much more sense after you do.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Teenage Bottlerocket, TOMORROW NIGHT!

valley_parade

• coprophage

WHAT FUCK YOU.

I'm so jealous.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Jesus Fucking Christ guys, spring break is basically gonna be basement show extravaganza for me. On March 21st Towers is playing. Then March 27th Sinola is playing (sorry Efterklang). Ooooooooh man I am so excited!

Edit: Oh, and here is a good heads up for all you kids who like emo and live on the west coast. In case you didn't know Swing Kids is allegedly having a reunion show May 9th. I would be all like YOU LUCKY BASTARDS but I see Mono in New York the day before so I guess its only fair you guys get Swing Kids.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2009, 19:47 by Objects inside Clouds »
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

I think I'll try to see The Decemberists in June at the Tower Theater in Philly, assuming the tickets aren't absurdly priced. Most of the shows they're playing are under $30, with the exception of Radio City Music Hall, so it'll probably be fine. They'll be playing the whole new album and older stuff too. I'm pretty excited.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome

I'm seeing Dropkick Murphys on the 8th at the electric factory.  I'm excited.  Gonna wear my kilt.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

Are any of you guys from Philadelphia?  Kings of Leon are playing there at a place called Spectrum in two months.  I missed their NYC gig so i was thinking of maybe going there to see them.  Any info the place?  Is it worth the (around) 2 hour commute?
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Bearer

The Spectrum is going to be torn down soon, so I'd say definitely worth it.  Plus, Philly is an all around cool place.  Hit up south street if you do come.

bunny_of_doom

• Not quite a lurker

Even though it was already mentioned, I just found out that the Decemberists are coming to Saint Louis in May. I'm pretty excited!

Wardial3r

O.k. New update.

BLINK182.
I'm excited for that.  Don't have a date yet, but probably going to all the Cali Dates.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm seeing Dropkick Murphys on the 8th at the electric factory.  I'm excited.  Gonna wear my kilt.

I still need to get a kilt. I'll probably just wear my scally cap, but I did that with my old one when I saw Street Dogs and some fuck stole it off me.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Man, that Decemberists show was going to end up costing me $45/ticket. I can't afford that. I mean, I'd do it for great seats but they sold so fast that all I could have gotten was balcony seating. This sucks!

Hollow Press (my blog)

Bearer

woo, also seeing Flogging Molly the 13th in Atlantic city as it turns out!  Kilt is gonna get some wear this spring break!

data damage

Morrissey!

pulpfiction21

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Pool Zombies

Well since I live in san antonio, i typically have to drive to austin to see any good shows, but this March is looking pretty good for me. Tokyo Police Club and Ra Ra Riot are playing here on the 13th, the Gay Blades on the 15th, dear and the headlights on the 17th, and then Cursive!!!!!!! is coming on the 18th. Which is crazy cause they are only playing 8 shows and for some reason along with 2 in New York, 2 In LA, they are coming to San Antonio. Fucking sweet though. Oh and plus, Pelican is playing on the 18th as well, so in case the cursive show is sold out to quick, I got a backup. Sadly, this will probably the best week of concerts that San Antonio will ever put together.

And then of course I have SXSW to help me enjoy my spring break.
Maybe I should eat my friend

Wardial3r

Well since I live in san antonio, i typically have to drive to austin to see any good shows, but this March is looking pretty good for me. Tokyo Police Club and Ra Ra Riot are playing here on the 13th, the Gay Blades on the 15th, dear and the headlights on the 17th, and then Cursive!!!!!!! is coming on the 18th. Which is crazy cause they are only playing 8 shows and for some reason along with 2 in New York, 2 In LA, they are coming to San Antonio. Fucking sweet though. Oh and plus, Pelican is playing on the 18th as well, so in case the cursive show is sold out to quick, I got a backup. Sadly, this will probably the best week of concerts that San Antonio will ever put together.

Oh man I'm jealous of Ra Ra Riot.  I get to see the Gay  Blades though on March 13 I think.   At the Boardwalk with Craig Owens from Chiodos.

pulpfiction21

• Pool Zombies

yeah craig owens is gunna be their too

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dude, just go see Pelican.

pulpfiction21

• Pool Zombies

lol but Ive never seen Cursive live and I would really like to. But I will probably end up at the pelican show. the venue that cursive is gunna be at is quite small and it will be super fucking packed.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I've just started listening to The Gaslight Anthem. Just a couple of times through their album from last year is more than enough to make me really want to see them live. I don't get to many rock 'n roll shows, my concert attendance being mostly limited to ambient/noise/post rock shows and such. But these guys are so good that I find it hard to believe they don't put on a phenomenal live show. Anyway I'll be catching them in Philly at the Trocadero come late March.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Catacombs

I've just started listening to The Gaslight Anthem. Just a couple of times through their album from last year is more than enough to make me really want to see them live. I don't get to many rock 'n roll shows, my concert attendance being mostly limited to ambient/noise/post rock shows and such. But these guys are so good that I find it hard to believe they don't put on a phenomenal live show. Anyway I'll be catching them in Philly at the Trocadero come late March.

I really wanna see them at the Stone Pony in May, but I have no one else to go with.  I figure they'd be a good band to see there, since they're from Jersey and big Springsteen fans and stuff.

Wardial3r

Yeah man Gaslight Anthem is awesome.  I have high hopes for their live shows.

Kalibur

• Not quite a lurker

I'll be seeing Gojira next month which I'm really excited about.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions

Mar 18th (My B-day) - Bloc Party in Montreal
Mar 26th - The Weakerthan in Montreal
Apr 21st - Kings of Leon in Toronto
May 2nd - Bloc Party (this one is better) with Hot Hot Heat opening in Saskatoon

Thats basically 4 of 5 of my favourite active bands who have produced material in the last year.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Oh Shit, at what venue will The Weakerthans play?
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions

Le National, I havent been yet, Im excited.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Retrospectre

• Curry sauce

of Montreal - Feb 28th

Black Mountain - March 1st

Not the biggest fan of either but tickets were cheap and I feel I don't go to enough shows.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Le National, I havent been yet, Im excited.

Well, Count me in then. I'll go buy my tickets Monday. Thanks for the info.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

Shellac is playing two shows in San Francisco in July.

It will most likely be radtacular.

sean

• welp

TV on the Radio plays June 6th at the 9:30.

I really don't listen to them but it will probably be a NASTY show.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Retribution Gospel Choir on March 3.
WOMEN on March 8.

Awww yeah, rock on Fargo.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

sean

• welp

oooooh man.

guys suis la lune is gonna play outside DC on march 17 with a bunch of local punk bands. it is gonna be so nuts!

Catacombs

QUESTION FOR NORTH JERSEY/NYC CONCERT GOERS!

Has anyone here been to a Central Park Summerstage show?  TV on the Radio will be there June 5th, and the tickets go on sale this friday.  They're $30.  What kind of venue is this?  I've never seen them, so I'd like to go, but I don't really wanna pay $30 to go and stand in the middle of a park with a bunch of other people.  Is it worth it?

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Why oh why can't tvotr come to wisconsin ever.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto

Appleseed cast this weekend. Maps & Atlases and Ra Ra Riot together for FREE March 17. If you're near STL that weekend, you are obligated to come. Pattern is Movement are coming to town sometime soon, also. Cut Copy are coming later.

Oh, and I saw the Mae Shi again last weekend.

What is the deal with St. Louis having decent shows all the sudden?

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dinosaur Jr., beginning of April. Either in Burlington or Providence.

Maybe. Hopefully. Why the christ are they not doing any Massachusetts shows?

scarred

• Older than Moses

Sasquatch. Last year it was amazing. This year only looks better.

Saturday, May 23th
Kings of Leon / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / The Decemberists / Animal Collective / Bon Iver / Devotchka / M. Ward / Doves / Sun Kil Moon / The Gaslight Anthem / King Khan & The Shrines / Ra Ra Riot / Shearwater / Passion Pit / Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band / Vince Mira / Blind Pilot / Owl City / Arthur & Yu / Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele / Death Vessel / Hockey / James Pants / Todd Barry / Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! / People's Republic of Komedy

Sunday, May 24th
Jane's Addiction / Nine Inch Nails / TV On The Radio / Peter Bjorn and John / of Montreal / The Avett Brothers / Calexico / M83 / The Airborne Toxic Event / The Walkmen / The Wrens / St. Vincent / The Dodos / John Vanderslice / The Submarines / Viva Voce / The Builders And The Butchers / AA Bondy / Fences / Point Juncture, WA / Jon Benjamin / Zach Galifianakis / Deadmau5 / Natalie Portman's Shaved Head / People's Republic of Komedy

Monday, May 25th
Ben Harper and Relentless7 / Erykah Badu / Silversun Pickups / Fleet Foxes / Gogol Bordello / Santigold / Grizzly Bear / Explosions In The Sky / Girl Talk / Blitzen Trapper / The Knux / Monotonix / Bishop Allen / Black Moth Super Rainbow / Beach House / Mugison / The Dutchess And The Duke / School Of Seven Bells / Horse Feathers / The Pica Beats / Loch Lomond / BLK JKS / Demetri Martin / God's Pottery / Chromeo / Tobacco / People's Republic of Komedy
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

If that weren't all the across the fucking continent, I would attend that
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Symp

• Emoticontraindication

living orlando i dont get much chance for concert, and even less bands than normal are going to be here this year due to langerdo being canceled.

so is modest mouse worth 45 (fuck you TM)
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

valley_parade

• coprophage

Sasquatch. Last year it was amazing. This year only looks better.

John Vanderslice

You are going to see John Vanderslice. I saw him open for Stephen Malkmus last spring and he puts on a great show.

kyleg

• Plantmonster

Going to the Maryland Death Metal Festival in May. Slowly getting myself psyched up.

Retrospectre

• Curry sauce

Okkervil River on May 5th.

Apparently they were here the same time last year and I didn't know.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

QUESTION FOR NORTH JERSEY/NYC CONCERT GOERS!

Has anyone here been to a Central Park Summerstage show?  TV on the Radio will be there June 5th, and the tickets go on sale this friday.  They're $30.  What kind of venue is this?  I've never seen them, so I'd like to go, but I don't really wanna pay $30 to go and stand in the middle of a park with a bunch of other people.  Is it worth it?

Eh. That's pretty much it. A band shell in the middle of Central Park with a shit ton of standing room and $8 R.C. Cola. The bands play in brought daylight usually. The band has to be pretty sick or fit the ambiance to put on a good show. The Apples in Stereo were great there, but Dragons of Zynth (I believe their last album was produced by members of TVotR) and Television were awful and boring.

If you have any other options, pick those.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Catacombs

Yea, i think I'm going to skip this show.  For as much as I really want to see them, I just don't have the money to spend.  I'm sure I'll be able to see them sometime this summer tho, they seem to play a lot of NYC shows.

eddie

• Furry furrier

Tuesday March 3rd 2009; The Indigos support To The Bones at The Rainbow

sean

• welp

fucking hell towers is playing the same night as my school play so i can't go.

really fuck my life. im missing monument and now fucking towers for this damn show FUCK

valley_parade

• coprophage

Tuesday March 3rd 2009; The Indigos support To The Bones at The Rainbow

Based on that picture, I would never see this band.

sunexplodes

• Not quite a lurker

Mother Mother next week... Primal Scream week after that... The National in May.. Should be fun.

Vorian

Lydia [again]
Rothbury
Bonnaroo

falandrew

• Not quite a lurker

Ok so MONO are playing in the nearest city to where I live, I want to go see them SO bad but, er I've never really been to a gig because all my friends either don't like music or like music that I personally don't enjoy. Does anyone have any advice about going to gigs alone? Any specific advice for the band, I can't imagine they are gonna get to SUNN 0))) levels of needing a spare pair of pants and earplugs but...

God I wish I knew at least one person who liked similar music to me, at the same venue in march Gojira are playing AND Baroness are playing, its kind of an awesome venue, every time I look on the site there's always at least two bands that make me go holy shit, and I get so depressed that I've decided I'm going to try to overcome my crippling social anxiety.

Sorry for the "GET A BLOG!1" message, but any help would be appreciated, I am kinda shy and stuff, probably some of you are going what the hell is this scrub talking about, but it is kinda a big deal for me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58   Go Up