THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 920769 times)

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Just got my ticket for Rockness

Can't wait. I went last year without knowing ot many of the acts and it was amazing. This year there are quite a few acts I want to see.

Friday - The flaming lips are playing, may attend. May just get drunk and watch everything.

Saturday - Annie Mac and lots of other DJs to attend to. Frightened Rabbit should do the trick as well.

Sunday - Biffy Clyro then the Prodigy with the possible interlude of a Pendulum DJ set and lots more tasty music.

Going to be fucking epic.
Get off my land

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Parklife 2009 lineup has just been announced:

Aeroplane (DJ Set), Art Vs. Science, The Aston Shuffle, A-Trak, Beni, Bertie Blackman (Sneaker Set), Busy P (DJ & Host), Claude Vonstroke, Cool Kids, Crystal Castles, Empire of the Sun, Erol Alkan, The Glimmers, Junior Boys, Kaskade, La Roux, Little Boots, Metric, Metronomy, MSTRKRFT, The Rapture, Lady Sovereign, Shazam, Tiga

What say you, Internet? Is this a goer? (N.B; this is just the first announcement, more to come at indeterminate date)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy

God damn it. I found a way to get to Bonnaroo, half of it on a Greyhound Bus and half of it riding with some friends who have a little space in their truck, but the way back is another matter. The same people who are driving me part of the way there say they promised another person they're meeting there that they'd drive them back, and then can't take me. Fuck. Sorry to be bitching about this on the forum, but missing this festival would suck and I don't wan't the $300+ dollars I've spent on the trip already to go to waste.
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Damnable Fiend

• Curry sauce
  • oh I can put stuff here? that's cool...

I wish I could afford to go to Progressive nation when it rolls through Toronto again, but sadly I can't.  I'm mostly sad because I'd be missing a chance to see Pain of Salvation, probably the only time in the forseeable future I'd have a chance to see them, who I really like (oddly enough mostly because of a song the singer recorded with another band, and not so much because of their own material).  I've already seen Dream Theater, and besides, their new material is kind of dull, and LaBrie pretty much sucked live.  Still though...

Last show I went to see was Paganfest II, with a friend who ungraciously ditched me to hang out, make out with, and get drunk with Blackguard/Profugus Mortis (my friends are classy people yeah).  Didn't matter much, in the end, because I was going to leave early regardless.  Primordial, I'm sorry, just do not interest me, and Korpiklaani are one of the most overrated bands ever.  Moonsorrow, however, absolutely kick ass.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2009, 17:04 by Damnable Fiend »
"[human beings] just get carried away by new ideas, like dressing up in jackboots and shooting people, or dressing up in white sheets and lynching people, or dressing up in tie-dye jeans and playing guitars at people."

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

Just got back from Blind Pilot and The Decemberists. Both were exquisite. The new album is TITS live, and the older song set included The Chimbley Sweep, Oh Valencia, Yankee Bayonet, Eli The Barrow Boy, We Both Go Down Together, and all kinds of other goodies. The highlight of the set was the FLAWLESS cover of Crazy On You. Holy fuck do Becky Stark and Shara Worden SLAY the vocals on everything they do. During the chimbley sweep, they did the thing where they let random kids on stage to play guitar, and that was also very awesome. Overall, excellent show.
Third time's the charm, like a dog it's breathing.

Babpacih

• Plantmonster
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?

hank iii in west virginia on the 19th!
Do you remember a time when women couldn't vote and certain people weren't allowed on golf courses? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

August 16th in Central Park

Dinosaur Jr. + The Walkmen.

Who's with me?

(oh yeah, it's free)
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2009, 11:32 by StaedlerMars »
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

valley_parade

• coprophage

...what day of the week is that?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

A Sunday! No excuses! and it's at 3 in the afternoon, so it's not like it will be very late.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Helpless Rock

• Not quite a lurker
    • Blog

I just noticed that on Thursday June 25th, Okkervil River is opening for Wilco at the Wiltern in LA. I instantly got super excited right up to the point of Ticketmaster/Live Nation saying the tickets were already sold out online. I wonder if I call The Wiltern I could get the tickets through that means. Or maybe driving the 2 hours to LA weeks earlier to try and pick them up at the box office. That just sounds like a bitchin' show.

Commodore

• Plantmonster

Missing out on a Passion Pit show tonight, lame shit. But also really stoked for my band opening for Aushua, Plushgun and Nightmare of You at the end of July.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

guys june 20-july 1 is gonna be the best 10 days ever.

they involve age sixteen, panosi, pop punk, monument 3 times, and other craziness.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

After a long, shitty afternoon, I'm still going to see the Hold Steady tonight at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC.  Excited for the show?  Yes.  Excited for the night itself?  Not so much.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy

I found a ride back from, so now I can go to Bonnaroo, fuck yes!
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

I found a ride back from, so now I can go to Bonnaroo, fuck yes!

Congrats!  Bonnaroo looks awesome this year.  I really wanted to go down, but none of my friends were down for the road trip.

So the Hold Steady were fucking awesome.  Definitely one of the best gigs I've ever been to.  First off, they played for about an hour and 45 minutes, and played all the songs I wanted them to.  They all looked like they were having a blast; Craig Finn would stand on the edge of the stage looking at the crowd singing along and it'd make him so happy he'd start dancing like a little kid in a candy store.  They played stuff from all four albums.  Some of the songs were just amazing, with the band playing and the crowd insanely into it, screaming along, it made songs like "Southtown Girls" and "Slapped Actresses" even better.  They opened with "Killer Parties, which is a damn good song to open with, and for some reason right now I can't think of what song they closed with.

All around, a sold out show and a band thats into it just as much as the crowd was made for a really great night.  The band that opened, Rock On Dynamite (I think) were pretty good, I talked to them for a bit (super nice dudes) and bought their EP.  I'll probably throw it up on the MF thread tomorrow
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Beren

• Curry sauce

Andrew Bird is a constant man-gasm live, I was losing my mind at how great he sounded.

Also, he looks oddly like the Doctor, so I kept inserting the Tardis sound into songs in my head.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Update on free shows in new york this summer. Sunday 12th of July. Mission Of Burma + Fucked Up + Ponytail Williamsburg waterfront!

Hell yeah.

Oh, so apparently Pool Parties has moved to Williamsburg Waterfront, and there will also be a Dan Deacon show and a Girl Talk show. I am all kinds of excited.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2009, 14:09 by StaedlerMars »

JimmyJazz

• World's Forgotten Boy

August 16th in Central Park

Dinosaur Jr. + The Walkmen.

Who's with me?

(oh yeah, it's free)

Holy shit.

So how does it work? Are there just free tickets or do you just show up? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've just never been o a free show before.

fish across face

• Fugu, I won't do what you tell me.

Oren Ambarchi, ambioso guitar-electronics freak and member of Sun O))) and Burial Chamber Trio, is going to be making a loud-but-quiet (  :? ) noise in my town next week.  Ace.
Oren was amazing.  Unlike a lot of ambientish artists he really works bass frequencies, which has this weird effect of making the room feel totally full but also sort of empty - the bass was so intense that every shift in tone got a different part of the room resonating, but because there wasn't much happening in the mid-range / typical rock frequencies even a quiet conversation at the bar was pretty obvious.  When he started building up higher noises on top it seemed like a way more intense build-up than your average pile-on-the-distortion crescendo.

Always felt he was slumming it with Sunn O))) but it seems like he's applying what makes them good to his live shows.  Full on body music, but much more interesting than just crushing, repeated chords.  IMO.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Holy shit.

So how does it work? Are there just free tickets or do you just show up? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've just never been o a free show before.

You just show up.

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

Guys. GUYS. MONO is touring the US this fall, and is coming within 1 hour of where I live.

Pardon me, I need to go change my pants. ALL OF THEM.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Fuck yeah! I'm seeing them three nights in a row :-)
Plus they're touring with Maserati!! Can't wait!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I don't often "go" to concerts, because I'm either singing in them, or occasionally recording them (for instance, I'm recording a concert in London next month as a result of someone approaching me through my website on surround recording).  But on Saturday I'm going to an Internet concert from Berlin.

The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, under Rattle, has been persuaded to offer (charged for) live video streaming of their concerts, so for €9.90 I can listen live (once) to their concert on Saturday at which my son is playing (or I can wait for it to go into the archive, after which the same cost gets repeat viewings for 48 hours).  Indeed, so could you watch him, if you wanted; he is playing Dialogues,  the work that the American composer Elliott Carter wrote for him a few years ago (before he passed 100) - see here.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

scarred

• Older than Moses

CAPITOL HILL BLOCK PARTY 2009

Let's bring some light in the darkness. Here is the running order of 2009 - more bands to be announced on all stages soon! Time schedules comin' later this month.

Friday July 24
Doors @ 3:00 pm

Main Stage :: All Ages
4:30 - The Dutchess and The Duke, myspace.com/thedutchessandtheduke
5:30 - Spinnerette, spinnerettemusic.com
6:30 - Black Lips, black-lips.com
7:45 - Deerhunter, myspace.com/deerhunter
9:15 - Built to Spill, myspace.com/builttospill
10:45 - The Jesus Lizard, myspace.com/thejesuslizard

Neumos :: 21+
4:00 - Sgt Major III, myspace.com/sgtmajortheband
5:00 - Band of Skulls, bandofskulls.com/
6:15 - The Blakes, myspace.com/theblakes
7:45 - Sleepy Eyes of Death, sleepyeyesofdeath.com
9:00 - Earth, myspace.com/earthofficial
10:30 - They Live!, myspace.com/theylive206
11:45 - Sing Sing Reunion, myspace.com/singsinguk

Vera Stage :: All Ages
4:00 - Audacity, myspace.com/audacityca
5:00 - Flexions, myspace.com/flexions
6:00 - Bow+Arrow, myspace.com/thebowandarrow
7:00 - Micachu & The Shapes, myspace.com/micayomusic
8:00 - Past Lives, myspace.com/pastlivesmusic
9:00 - Starfucker, myspace.com/starfuckerss
10:00 - Mika Miko, myspace.com/mikamiko

Saturday July 25
Doors 12:00pm

Main Stage :: All Ages
2:00 - Hey Marseilles, heymarseilles.com
3:15 - Moondoggies, myspace.com/themoondoggies
4:30 - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, thepainsofbeingpureatheart.com
6:00 - PELA, myspace.com/pela
7:30 - The Thermals, thethermals.com
9:00 - The Gossip, thegossipmusic.com
10:30 - Sonic Youth, sonicyouth.com

Neumos Stage :: 21+
2:00 - Awesome Color, myspace.com/awesomecolor
3:00 - Hotels, myspace.com/hotels
4:00 - Girls, myspace.com/thegirlsseattle
5:15 - Akimbo, myspace.com/akimbo
6:30 - The Maldives, themaldivesmusic.com
7:45 - Truckasauras, myspace.com/teapartiesgunsnvalor
9:00 - Future of The Left, futureoftheleft.com
10:30 - Sportn' Life Show Case feat D.Black, Fatal Lucciauno, Spaceman
11:30 - Faux Punk, myspace.com/fauxpunknow

Vera Stage :: All Ages
1:00 - Wild Orchid Children, myspace.com/wildorchidchildren
2:30 - Pica Beats, www.thepicabeats.com
3:30 - Fences, myspace.com/fencesvswolf
4:45 - New Faces, myspace.com/newfacesband
6:00 - SOL, myspace.com/solzilla
7:15 - The Lonely Forest, myspace.com/thelonelyforest
8:30 - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, myspace.com/edwardsharpe
9:45 - Japandroids, myspace.com/japandroids

holy fuck. $22 a day. holy fuck.

Saturday is looking like the way to go.

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

Just got back from Here We Go Magic and Grizzly Bear. Full analysis in the morning. Suffice it to say, it was like having a full-body orgasm that lasted over 2 hours.

valley_parade

• coprophage

A Sunday! No excuses! and it's at 3 in the afternoon, so it's not like it will be very late.

Except I don't think I'd be able to get a bus back to the Berkshires in time to go to work the next morning, fuck.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i am pretty excited about seeing sonic youth! june 30th!
might also see future of the left cause it's cheap and cause i missed out on seeing mclusky.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I'm seeing Clues on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's gonna be awesome!

Hollow Press (my blog)

sean

• welp

oh fuck clues is playing tomorrow and i have no money.

shit!

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

I can definately tell of Montreal influenced that poster, it looks like a slightly less trippy Skeletal Lamping cover. Still, that fest looks like one chock full of winsauce.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

oh fuck clues is playing tomorrow and i have no money.

shit!

Find some! They're great live, tons of energy and really fun to watch.

Hollow Press (my blog)

pinkpiche

ROSKILDE FESTIVAL 09

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, Trentemøller, Kanye West, Eagles of Death Metal, Fever Ray, Fleet Foxes(!!!), The Mars Volta(!!!), Mew, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, 2562, ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Black Dice, The Bronx, Deerhoof, The Dodos, Elbow, Friendly Fires, Frightened Rabbit, Fucked Up(!!!), Gang Gang Dance, Isis(!!!), Micachu and the Shapes, Mono(!!!), Neurosis(!!!), The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, The Soft Pack, Wavves, Whitest Boy Alive, Wolves in the Throne Room

BEAT DAY 09

Arctic Monkeys, Band of Horses, Basement Jaxx, Crystal Castles, Jenny Lewis, The Ting Tings, Lykke Li, Efterklang, The Raveonettes, Oh No Ono, Ladytron, Choir of Young Believers

AND HOPEFULLY:

CRY ME A RIVER FEST

Trainwreck, Shikari, Graf Orlock, Louise Cyphre, June Paik, Danse Macabre, Zann, Ghostlimb, Ghostchant, Battle of Wolf 359, Dolcim, The Third Memory, Me and Goliath, Alpinist, Hammers,
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

sean

• welp

Oh man guys. So a week or two ago I noticed Age Sixteen and Monument were gonna play in Baltimore on the same night, not knowing what the rest of the line up is. This is the rest of the line up.

Safari Zone, Grits, Arctangent, Cinnabar Island, 1994!, Joint Chiefs of Math, and Boy Scout Violence.

OH FUCK 9 BANDS OH SHIT!

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

Shows when like a million bands play are the best. If the other bands are half as good as 1994!, Monument and Age Sixteen that shit is gonna be like a mythical legend in the annals of punx.

sean

• welp

I don't think I have words to describe how excited I am. To say I am like a 5 year old in a candy shop would be the grossest understatement.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

AND HOPEFULLY:

CRY ME A RIVER FEST

Trainwreck, Shikari, Graf Orlock, Louise Cyphre, June Paik, Danse Macabre, Zann, Ghostlimb, Ghostchant, Battle of Wolf 359, Dolcim, The Third Memory, Me and Goliath, Alpinist, Hammers,

Oh god damn that is a brilliant line-up, I'm thoroughly jealous. Not seen BoW 359 in about 2 years, Me And Goliath rip it up live, Hammers are great, fucking Shikari not seem them in something daft like 7 years... Basically, you need to make that hopefully into a definitely or you will be made of regret.

Limpwrist are playing the 1in12 on thursday though so that makes me feel better about not going to any cool Euro fests like that this year, and the Ghostlimb/Graf Orlock tour hits town soon too. Banging.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

sean

• welp

fuckin hell everyone bailed out of tomorrow and i dont drive so i just got fuckkkkkkked.

damnit i really wanna see age sixteen again.

Retrospectre

• Curry sauce

Finally sorted out my plane tickets so I'm going to see The Flaming Lips in Sydney on July 28th.

Anyone seen the Flips recently?
Do they only play stuff from the last four records or from all over their discography?

valley_parade

• coprophage

September 6th..Motorhead and The Rev. Horton Heat, WHAT?

Awesome.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Aww dang...Sunny Day Real Estate are touring again. I have no idea whether that'd be a good show or not, but I kind of do want to see that. Am I being silly?

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto

Appleseed Cast - Off Broadway June 24
So Many Dynamos In-store - Vintage Vinyl June 25
So Many Dynamos CD Release party - Firebird June 27
The Paperchase - Firebird July 5
SunnO))) - Firebird July 8
Netherfriends/Bootz Orchestra - Firebird July 16

I lurve it when a ton of good shows come up at once.

sean

• welp

so the show schedule now is...

tomorrow boss haus show
tomorrow's tomorrow new space in DC and monument is playing
and monday it looks like there's another super rad haus show!

sean

• welp

oh fuck missin the haus show tonight. nobody else will go. but i was gonna see boost, and I think i can make this one.

Tehz

• and the driving snow that drives me home

Jay Reatard in NYC this Wednesday, and FUCKING SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE REUNION on Sept. 27th in NYC.

holyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuckholyfuck
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2009, 21:14 by Tehz »

valley_parade

• coprophage

8/29 - Mighty Mighty Bosstones & Catch 22
8/31 - Weezer & Blink 182
10/3 - DINOSAUR JR.

bahhhhh

• Plantmonster

I'm really excited for Sunset Rubdown on July 11th and Beastie Boys at Osheaga on August 2nd.

There are a bunch of great shows coming to town (Montreal), sadly I have to save money for an apartment... I'm gonna miss Dave Brubeck   :x

wafflecone

• Emoticontraindication

Yo Montreeeeeaaal. I am really sad because I am home in BC for the summer and am missing Osheaga and Beirut and Fleet Foxes :( :(
My next glimmer of hope is Regina Spektor, September 17th.

bahhhhh

• Plantmonster

Yo Montreeeeeaaal. I am really sad because I am home in BC for the summer and am missing Osheaga and Beirut and Fleet Foxes :( :(

Yup, you're missing a lot lol.

Handsome Furs, Great Lake Swimmers, Land Of Talk, Bowerbirds, Deer Tick, and Phoenix are other shows I'd like to go to. I might be going to see Handsome Furs again though.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

The Beirut one is alreay sold out anyways.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Lexington, 125

• Larger than most fish

In the forseeable future nobody wants to play Buffalo.  Dungen and Woods are coming together.   Anyone seen either live?   Will it be boring????
If I am good I could add years to my life, I would rather add some life to my years...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 58   Go Up