THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 05:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-G-G-Ghosts!  (Read 29065 times)

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: G-G-G-Ghosts!
« Reply #100 on: 11 Jun 2008, 09:45 »

I have a tendency to cling to whatever is in my bed, including pillows and other people, but I have never gone so far as to have sex with them. So I think I'm doing alright.

I do that too :D
I thought I was the only one. You stole my wierd sleep thing dammit. I also have been known to mumble about giant man-eating marshmallows, have full conversations and get dressed and ready for school and go out to wait for a bus in the middle of the night whilst sleeping. I also usually sleep with one eye open.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #101 on: 11 Jun 2008, 10:07 »

Exit, light
Enter, Night
Take my hand
we're off to never-never land
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #102 on: 11 Jun 2008, 10:17 »

Something's wrong, shut the light
Heavy thoughts tonight
And they aren't of snow white
Dreams of war
Dreams of liars
Dreams of dragons fire
And of things that will bite, yeah

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #103 on: 11 Jun 2008, 10:21 »

SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN!

CLUTCHING YOUR PILLOW TIYIGHT!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #104 on: 11 Jun 2008, 10:55 »

I kick in my sleep, and due to this I've had to sleep on the floor when I have to share a bed. Sometimes I wake up at 5am and I have to walk around a bit before I can go back to sleep. 
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #105 on: 11 Jun 2008, 11:10 »

Sometimes I wake up at 5am and I have to walk around a bit before I can go back to sleep. 

Oh yeah that happens to me too sometimes. In particular, if I go to sleep with unfinished work (ie. I'm in the middle of something,) I'll wake up in the middle of the night to keep working on it. Not spooky though, just annoying for my fiancee.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #106 on: 11 Jun 2008, 21:33 »

Generally I'm a calm sleeper. There is only one exception that I know of to this rule. When I was about 14 I must have been having a nightmare which caused me to flail around in my sleep, during which I swung my arm over my head and caught it on the cable for my clock radio, the sensation of hitting the cord was enough to wake me up. I open my eyes just in time to see my moderate sized alarm falling off my shelf before it hits me in the head and knocks me out cold.

Also I know a guy who once while a group of us were staying at his place, got up in the middle of the night, got himself a snack, held a relatively intelligent conversation (ie no less incoherent than would be expected at 4am) then went back to his own bed, carefully avoiding stepping on people. The next morning he swore that he had slept through the night, and I'm inclined to believe him, as he's the type who can't keep a joke going longer than about an hour.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #107 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:42 »

once when i was going through a particularly rough spell of insomnia i was up at 4 or 5 in the morning playing video games when one of my roommates (who's bed was in the living room, about six feet away from me) sat bolt up in his bed, looked right at me and said "you guys need to try harder; for real" then promptly fell back down and started snoring again. it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen. he does that kind of shit all the time, even going as far as to have conversations with people.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Hunter

« Reply #108 on: 12 Jun 2008, 10:49 »

Not spooky though,

I have to get up at 5am because the ghosts of a bride and groom get it on for at least 15 minutes
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #109 on: 12 Jun 2008, 12:06 »

get dressed and ready for school and go out to wait for a bus in the middle of the night whilst sleeping.

I'm usually a pretty resful sleeper, but I put jeans on in my sleep once (I managed to forget underwarez). 

Actually, strike that.  Probably a ghost put my pants on in my sleep.  I think that's the most parsimonious explanation.  By which I mean I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
« Reply #110 on: 12 Jun 2008, 12:09 »

I once had a dream I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I awoke my pillow was gone.
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #111 on: 12 Jun 2008, 13:18 »

How about ghostly dream-visitors? My grandpa will visit me occasionally in dreams. He'll check up on me, let me know how he's been doing, and he'll talk to me about stuff. He'll start singing Glenn Miller tunes in his strong, confident baritone. I don't know if it's his ghost coming back to be some sort of guardian angel (he'd have fit the part in the living world) or if it's just my sleeping brain trying to comfort me over his death 5 years ago. Either way, I enjoy his visits when they come. I miss him a lot.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #112 on: 13 Jun 2008, 01:49 »

The only thing spooky that ever happened to me was one night when I was playing Resident Evil 4 there was a blackout and the whole suburb lost power in every building and all the street/traffic lights went out for a couple of hours. My brother and I, having just been playing Resident Evil decided it was the zombie apocalypse and gathered up candles, tobacco and our space rations (we live off of Mi Goreng noodles a lot of the time) and went to our neighbours place to await the end of the world.

Also one time I was sleeping in a sleeping bag and when I woke up I was upside down in the sleeping bag and I had no idea what happened.

Another time I went camping with my friends, I went to bed a little high and woke up the next day outside of the tent surrounded by people looking at me with worried faces. It turned out I was lying face down in the dirt, covered in blood (I must have had a nosebleed) and in a position where my arms and legs looked like they were broken and out of joint. Apparently they thought I was dead and no one wanted to check my pulse.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #113 on: 13 Jun 2008, 08:12 »

Patrick, I can relate to that a bit. I never met her while she was alive, but I've had conversations in my dreams with Chris's mother (she died in Germany when we were 15). I don't tell him about them because thinking about her chokes him up a lot, but I've had probably three now where we just sit around and talk about random crap like dogs and birth control and tattoos.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #114 on: 13 Jun 2008, 22:03 »

I got off work at around 7 today, and when I got home I immediately fell asleep. And the dream I had was very vivid, I was tossing pizzas. Turns out I was tossing and turning and most of my pillows were on the other side of the room.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #115 on: 14 Jun 2008, 12:30 »

One time down at my grandparent's house I fell asleep in a recliner while a bunch of us were watching TV in the living room at like 2 in the morning.  Apparently I got up, got on my hands and knees in front of the chair, and started looking around underneath that leg-extendy part.  My brother asked what I was doing and I replied "muh... I'm tryin to talk my way around it"

Another time after me and my brother had gone to a concert we came home at like 1 or 2, and he was making hot dogs, but fell asleep so that all the water in the pot evaporated and the hot dogs caught on fire.  The smoke alarm right outside my bedroom went off, and I was told the next morning I got up and went to my door and asked my parents what was happening.

I don't remember either one.  That first story always makes me giggle though.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #116 on: 14 Jun 2008, 22:29 »

I was at a school camp when I was in year 9. There were bunk beds there and I was on the bottom bunk of one of them. This tiny Italian kid was on the top bunk and on the second night I'm still up reading a book (something which apparently amused everyone else because they could barely read?) and suddenly I see a shadow fly past me and here a massive slapping sound. Turns out Ralph (Italian kid) was having a pretty vivid dream and managed to throw himself out of the bed. It was rather funny.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #117 on: 14 Jun 2008, 22:48 »

Honestly, I'm in Year 11 and I still get laughed at for reading on school/cadet camps before the lights get turned out.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #118 on: 14 Jun 2008, 23:02 »

I actually managed to roll out of the top bunk of bunk beds and into someone else's sleeping bag without waking up once while at a cub scout camp.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Hunter

« Reply #119 on: 15 Jun 2008, 09:30 »

who said they were ghosts

oh god the stains

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #120 on: 15 Jun 2008, 19:20 »

Apparently while camping last night, I starting scratching at my face wildly, and then went to check the tent flap to make sure the zipper was closed. Clearly I was having a nightmare about the swarms of mosquitos (seriously guys, in case you haven't figured it out from my repeated statements about them, the mosquitos were fucking horrible.)

My fiancee also told me today that I routinely slam my fists down on the bed while sleeping. I'm not sure why she never told me about this before, but I'm glad I never hit her in my sleep thrashings.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #121 on: 15 Jun 2008, 22:17 »

Man, Tommy, we shared a bed in that hotel in Leeds and you never did that. I don't know whether to feel slighted or relieved.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Hunter

« Reply #122 on: 16 Jun 2008, 14:16 »

Apparently while camping last night, I starting scratching at my face wildly, and then went to check the tent flap to make sure the zipper was closed. Clearly I was having a nightmare about the swarms of mosquitos (seriously guys, in case you haven't figured it out from my repeated statements about them, the mosquitos were fucking horrible.)

My fiancee also told me today that I routinely slam my fists down on the bed while sleeping. I'm not sure why she never told me about this before, but I'm glad I never hit her in my sleep thrashings.

"hey man, how'd your lady friend get those bruises?"

"...I hit her in bed."

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #123 on: 16 Jun 2008, 14:42 »

One sleepsperience I will remember for a long time occurred when I must have been 11 years old.
I had been staying up watching James and the Giant Peach or some other kid's movie. I'm inclined to say it was James' because I still love that movie.
Anyway, it was a nice winter night, cold, but nice for snuggling under the blankets. At the time my family had been putting up those fake electric light-bulbed candles in every window. It looked pretty from outside the house. Inside, in my room, it would keep me awake for a bit longer than without them. Being in front of the blinds each one would emit an orange glow into the room, so I feel like this somehow inspired my sleep that night.
I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but I know that I did at some point in time. I'm not sure what I was dreaming about at the time, but I know how the story ends.
I woke up from some scary-to-kids dream shaking and giddy. Something had scared me about the dream, so I leapt out of bed and proceeded to walk around the glowing room. The room was glowing, yes, but it was this really dark, glow, as if somehow orange light has become a piece of the darkness. A sinister glow you could say. I ended up getting this strange feeling as I was walking towards my bookshelf, and then I felt something writhing around my neck, instantly constricting my breathing. Reflexes put my hands to feel for what was harming me, to even free myself, and I felt something that was instantly familiar, which is altogether strange, because I can tell you now that at that age I had never touched what was actually around my neck before. Somehow I was able to look down and see two snake heads thrashing around to reach my face while their body's crushed my windpipe.
To be blunt, this scared the hell out of me. From that moment I proceeded to stumble around my room gasping for air, grasping for freedom.
The short end of the stick?
I suddenly sat straight up awake in my bed with my hands around my own neck. I had been choking myself.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #124 on: 18 Jun 2008, 07:38 »

What, a blanket of wadded up tissues? Or was that supposed to be a burn.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #125 on: 26 Jun 2008, 04:38 »

Hmmh, i once saw a dot in the sky instantly turn 90 degrees. UFO!

But unexplained does not paranormal make.
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

FiskFisk33

« Reply #126 on: 26 Jun 2008, 14:23 »

Theres really no reason to be afraid, they cant hurt you. yes, in extreme cases they can hurt your psyche, but in the end its not the gost, but your fear of it that strains your psyche. so dont be afraid.

Since we moved here we have had lots of "strange occurrences", ive even seen silhouettes (im not the only one in my house so its not fictional), and after some research we realized that about 500metres away from here there were a place where they held executions a few hundread years ago. that kindof explains the activeness around here.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #127 on: 05 Jul 2008, 10:47 »

Theres really no reason to be afraid, they cant hurt you. yes, in extreme cases they can hurt your psyche, but in the end its not the gost, but your fear of it that strains your psyche. so dont be afraid.

Since we moved here we have had lots of "strange occurrences", ive even seen silhouettes (im not the only one in my house so its not fictional), and after some research we realized that about 500metres away from here there were a place where they held executions a few hundread years ago. that kindof explains the activeness around here.
So half a kilometer away, people were executed. So what? Is it the only house within a 500m locus of the execution site?

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #128 on: 05 Jul 2008, 23:52 »

Dennis is the voice of reason.

LucyStag

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #129 on: 14 Jul 2008, 19:05 »

How about ghostly dream-visitors? My grandpa will visit me occasionally in dreams. He'll check up on me, let me know how he's been doing, and he'll talk to me about stuff. He'll start singing Glenn Miller tunes in his strong, confident baritone. I don't know if it's his ghost coming back to be some sort of guardian angel (he'd have fit the part in the living world) or if it's just my sleeping brain trying to comfort me over his death 5 years ago. Either way, I enjoy his visits when they come. I miss him a lot.

Awww, that's awesome. I wish my Grandpa would visit me, but I am pretty sure he is too busy hanging out with Count Basie in heaven. I can understand that.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #130 on: 19 Jul 2008, 09:22 »

I don't really believe in ghosts, but then you never know what might be possible. I don't usually accept anbody's 'proof' of ghosts, but I also generally choose not to discuss it, because I DO believe in God, and the only proof I have of that is via testimonial in the same way. As such, I tend to show myself out of such discussios.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #131 on: 19 Jul 2008, 23:22 »

The existence of a god creates so paradoxes it's mind-boggling.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #132 on: 19 Jul 2008, 23:30 »

You just have to live with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up