THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeph..... get her out of the sketchbook and into the comic  (Read 16212 times)

MC

• Furry furrier

seriously.... the MoCCA Fillah girl would be a really flipping awesome charecter in QC. Than again maybe I'm just crazy.... but seriously. This is the voice of the people. [well... the voice of me anyways :P]

Gymmarie

seriously.... the MoCCA Fillah girl would be a really flipping awesome charecter in QC. Than again maybe I'm just crazy.... but seriously. This is the voice of the people. [well... the voice of me anyways :P]

I think she looks interesting... A name... hmmm... how about Nova. Recently coined name from Latin novus meaning "new". ^_^  I use to read 'Nova Next Exit' by Sarah and Tessa Stone (Aiwa & Vert_is_Ninja on DeviantArt.com)

PassiveTheory

I think she should be called Rape Fist.

What?

hexirex21

I really liked her as well... I photoshopped on some colours that I think look pretty good.

bicostp

• Beyoncé

I thought we went through this in WCT...

Here's my take on the coloring (with and without backgrounds)

You might want to add a poll to this thread...

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!

I do believe the name chosen in WCT was Summer Thompson (is that how you spell that?)

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Yep, that's right. Here's another take on her:

the new and improved Summer "Sweet-tits" Thompson:

Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content

I doubt she'll ever show up in QC as anything more than a cameo. The last thing the comic needs right now is ANOTHER female character. I do have some other ideas, though.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Doug S. Machina

Is she going to a filler-strip narrator talking about the strip and saying "Jeph's about to collapse, come back tomorrow?"
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

spidergland

• Emoticontraindication

I doubt she'll ever show up in QC as anything more than a cameo. The last thing the comic needs right now is ANOTHER female character. I do have some other ideas, though.

But Jeph, she's not just another female character, this one wears shorts!

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor

Well, at least we can keep an eye out for a cameo!

Bearer

• The Corgi Commands Awesome

Is she going to a filler-strip narrator talking about the strip and saying "Jeph's about to collapse, come back tomorrow?"
What, do you think this is Megatokyo now or something?
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Doug S. Machina

You'll have to explain that; I've never read Megatokyo.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor

I quit reading Megatokyo about 2 years ago*, but I recall it well.  The author would put up a comic with his artistic vision of his girlfriend with a note reading "Piro's super tired, he'll post the comic later".  And then, two weeks later BAM! he'd post the next comic.

*  Meaning if I went back to catch up, I'd have to read all of 12 comics.

Doug S. Machina

Two weeks? That was pretty tired...

I meant the way the fillers would have the Yelling Bird saying "Jeph's been moving house and is far too tired to post a comic. Pussy."  or the latest one with "Sweet-tits" saying she was yanked out of the sketchbook because Jeph had just got back from the convention.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2008, 14:01 by Doug S. Machina »

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!

I just checked the WCT, but nobody has colourerd the most recent cartoon and posted it.

Any takers on giving it a try? I think it would be pretty sweet to see.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!

Yay Sweet-tits!  Also, the first appearance of QC style Yellingbird.

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto

What, do you think this is Megatokyo now or something?

Well, General Discussion is basically Megatokyo Forums' "Story Discussions" with a lot less of the fru-fru poems/comic coloring crap and a lot more of the ridiculous and annoying speculation. 

Not to mention the creepy people.

Doug S. Machina

"Fru-fru" is an interesting word. I feel the absurd speculation is part of the fun, by which I mean the building of whole worlds spun out of scant foundations (like the old thread " How did the QC universe get so different from ours?"), not the obsessive picking through details, though.

Hope I'm not creepy.

bicostp

• Beyoncé

I just checked the WCT, but nobody has colourerd the most recent cartoon and posted it.

Any takers on giving it a try? I think it would be pretty sweet to see.

No shading yet but here:

(Custom brushes are fun)

Doug S. Machina

Nice work.

kirbyviper

I would definitely like to see more of Sweet-tits in the regular comic.  She's nearly as funny as the regs anyway.  Her random cussing certainly made me laugh.  As for a name, I would have to go with Vivian Carpenter.  Just made that up, but I like it.  :laugh:

fallax

• Not quite a lurker

Somehow I picture her with red hair. I don't know why. Possibly because QC has no red haired people? I guess Angus had/has reddish hair. Well, whatever. I doubt she'll ever be colored, even, if she is just going to be a character for filling in.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!

No shading yet but here:

(Custom brushes are fun)

Thanks! Good work!

She's a fun character, isn't she?
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

thedevilissix

Perhaps the lady giving Marten a full body hug in today's strip is actually S.T.

No specs = free-for-all speculation, woohoo! :P

britMonster

• Furry furrier

Somehow I picture her with red hair. I don't know why. Possibly because QC has no red haired people? I guess Angus had/has reddish hair. Well, whatever. I doubt she'll ever be colored, even, if she is just going to be a character for filling in.

Ellen, Angus, and Tai are three I can name off hand.

Edit : additionally, I can only think of two blondes we have. (not counting pizza girl) there is (or should it be are?) a plethora of brunettes though.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2008, 23:09 by britMonster »
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

Man-Eating Eggplant

I most like how her head is so neatly ensconced in hair. I tried that once; it looked as those a rather obese marmoset was giving birth to my face.

Illumilatte

Sugar tits, Sweet Tits' sister perhaps?  :wink: :roll:

Farmall

• Not quite a lurker

OK, this person isn't really not in the comic yet, but i REALLY think that the brunette on the last panel of today's comic (#1184) should become one of the characters. i don't care how, but she'd be perfect to be in the comic more.

snoppyjanoppy

i agree! who cares if she's just a random passerby, who has no character development besides she thinks sven is weird for popping wood because of a cup of coffee. but she's a girl and we need more girls in this comic before it becomes a sausage fest.

i'm just throwing my two cents in there holy shit look at that girl leaning up against the building drinking coffee. i demand she have her own story arch where she kisses hanners on the mouth i wonder what her hair smells like.

Jposh

• Balloon animal serial killer

I would definitely like to see more of Sweet-tits in the regular comic.  She's nearly as funny as the regs anyway.  Her random cussing certainly made me laugh.  As for a name, I would have to go with Vivian Carpenter.  Just made that up, but I like it.  :laugh:

Kirby, as a general rule, most of the people on this forum don't like signature pictures. They make pages load slower, and it requires more scrolling.

I would recommend taking it off.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip

Talking about nothing, isnt that Sweet tits in the last pane in todays comic? To the left of mr Blushing?

Edit before posting: no, dont think so. But almost.

Edit: ref for later days: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1184
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2008, 00:34 by Covetous »
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Tehz

• The German Chancellory building
  • and the driving snow that drives me home

It very well could be. I see the resemblance.

britMonster

• Furry furrier

Kirby, as a general rule, most of the people on this forum don't like signature pictures. They make pages load slower, and it requires more scrolling.

I would recommend taking it off.

Yeah, its in the rules somewhere that we aren't allowed to have them.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505
Pages: [1]   Go Up