THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 04:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on techno and favorite artists (if you have them)  (Read 2175 times)

Dagdason

• Not quite a lurker

I, myself, am a techno addict. I can't get enough of it, especially from artists like Yuzo Koshiro (famous for the soundtracks for WMMT2 and WMMT3), Scooter (Jumpstyle), and SMF (Hardstyle). Ever since I was introduced to techno when I was twelve, I've had this amorous feeling towards this music style. It's fairly hard to describe why I like it, but at least 95% of all techno music hits the right pleasure centers in my brain.

As for favorite artists, my top five are...

Scooter
SMF
Yuzo Koshiro
Masayoshi Minoshima
Darren Styles

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

Soundtracks to what?   What does WMMT stand for? When Men Meet Trees?

And I've always considered Jumpstyle/Hardstyle to be more of a trance thing, anyway, and I pretty much hate trance.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto

The ravey techno is not something I'm very much into.  It's far too jumpy and hyper for me.  I like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher and other "IDM" music however pretentious that may sound.  I've never been too much of an energetic, dancy person though.

And then there is this annoying trend going on though where these 16-year-old emo folks get a keyboard and Fruity Loops and just go to town making some bastard child of bad and worse.  All making emotrance in cut time.   It's not really making my opinion of this sort of music any brighter.

Xaris3514

I'm rather fond of some of Kyle Ward's stuff.

bbqrocks

Um, breakcore in the vein of venetian snares (early stuff is good, but the 7 sevens med EP sums him up for me), I haven't really dedicated any time to other breakcore artists. Just working through the whole of Vsnares catalogue first..

I also go in for a fair bit of speedcore, but not too much. Kurwastyle project, Komprex, frazzbass, etc. Nothing too special. But kurwastyle's scatman extreme splitter remix is awesome.

I don't really go in for any trance, but for hardcore (hardstyle, whatever) I do like a bit of angerfist.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics

2 Unlimited

Vengaboys
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Jumpstyle is pretty much one of the worse things that has happened to music.

EDIT: see this thread
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2008, 18:12 by StaedlerMars »
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up