THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 13:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 650147 times)

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1900 on: 10 Dec 2009, 14:51 »

Man, Alex, I know how you feel.

For some inexplicable reason, I'm outdpsing pretty much every other mage I have partied with lately. We had one in the guild who was in full t9 gear, and I was just wearing my conquest badge stuff. I kept equal or was over his dps EVERY FIGHT. We rolled the same spec and rotation so I have no idea what he was doing. Granted, I push my rotation way way way more than I should, but still. I pull a considerable amount of threat and I have the same problem with warriors, if I am with a warrior tank, I wait until we've cleared some trash and if I am high on threat I ask for vig. A lot of them don't put it anywhere near me at all but my threat is absolutely through the roof, even though I've spec'd into the threat reducing talents. Paladin tanks I have absolutely no problem threat wise with, bear tanks, it depends.

In other news, to keep you updated with guild drama:
- Member1 was being rude in guild chat on a daily basis to everyone, including guild officers. His wife/gf was also being rude to everyone (she's a druid healer and she was stacking int? Apparently that's not the best option? I'm not quite sure here, but she had her spec/stacking wrong and my friend was trying to help her)
- Officer1 comes to me and tells me about Member1, I give him permission to gkick him because his behaviour has been absolutely appalling.
- Officer2/RaidLeader comes online and has a whinge and asks why Member1 was kicked. We tell him. He gets the shits because he wasn't told about it.
- Argument between me, Officer1, Officer2 and ExGuildLeader ensues.
(at this point I am assuming they are all on vent, or at least Officer2 and ExGuildLeader are, and I am not)
- I crack the shits and tell them that "I am sick of people leaving the guild and coming back and leaving the guild and he's been kicked, deal with it, move on, my decision, I'm Guild Leader."
- ExGuildLeader then starts booting everyone's alts out of the guild and I am all ".... WHAT?!" in Ochat. In Gchat she is all "IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH OTHER MEMBERS PUT THEM ON IGNORE AND TALK TO ME. I AM SORTING OUT GUILD DRAMA RIGHT HERE AND NOW." At this point she continues booting everyone's alts out of the guild and then says "WE ARE A MAINS GUILD ONLY NOW. IF YOU DON'T LOG IN WITHIN 10DAYS WITHOUT AN EXPLAINATION, YOU WILL BE GKICKED."
- My response to this in OChat was "... are you serious?!" to which in Gchat she says "IF YOU HAVE ISSUES PAYING YOUR ACCOUNT OR ARE GOING ON HOLIDAYS LET ME KNOW AND I CAN PUT IN AN OFFICER NOTE."
- My response to this in Ochat was "well, good to see I was included in this grand plan of yours", Officer2 was all "It was talked about", "well, good to see your guild leader was included in this conversation, wooooooo".
- I tell the ExGuildLeader that she can have GLeader back and she ignores me, I tell her she "practically still runs this place anyway, just take it back" and her response is that she is just sorting out the guild drama because she wants the guild to be happy and raiding "like we were before".

After that I cracked the shits and logged off. I was so close to just giving her back GLeader and leaving then and there, but thought I would calm down and do it later.

Member1 and his GF have been invited back into the guild.

Officer2 took a raid group into ICC10 last night, including me. We cleared the trash, wiped on the first boss a bunch of times until he finally said "Maybe we're just not geared for this...". It took all I had to not say "Really?! Are you fucking sure?! Cause WE'VE NOT EVEN COMPLETED ULDUAR YOU IDIOT" ARGH.

Anyway, I've started a new guild on my alt, I've talked to my friends in guild and when we are all online and the ExGuildLeader is online we are going to do a mass walkout.

Definitely time to abandon ship.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1901 on: 10 Dec 2009, 14:52 »

sweet jebus

I'm not going to even say I toldya so.  I'm so good to you.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1902 on: 10 Dec 2009, 15:04 »

I forgot to mention, at one point in our argument I was all "To be completely honest, it feels like I'm running a fucking kindergarten" and Officer2 was all "lol". I could have raged so hard, but I would prefer to stay calm and peaceful and not earn myself a unjustified bad server rep.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1903 on: 10 Dec 2009, 15:04 »

Sell the guild to the highest bidder in /trade.

I almost don't think I'm kidding.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1904 on: 10 Dec 2009, 15:19 »

One of my other friends suggest that I say in GChat "JUST SORTING OUT SOME GUILD DRAMA GUYS" and boot the ExGuildLeader.

Oh man, trade. We've had an ExMember dissing the guild in trade too - "if you want to join a guild that doesn't finish runs and is a fail join <guildname>" after any of us posted a recruitment messasge. Granted, the guy left the guild twice and the second time was because "no one will run me through things".

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1905 on: 10 Dec 2009, 22:12 »

Downed Saurfang. Feels good; wanted to do it yesterday but the stupid spawn bug slowed us.

[EDIT]

Man, I just got done with a beautiful pug with a warrior tank that made up for all my previous experiences. He was actually geared worse than a lot of the crappy tanks I grouped with, but it didn't matter; he was super aggressive, held threat like a champ and kept the group moving. I <3 good warriors.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2009, 22:57 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1906 on: 11 Dec 2009, 05:31 »

I completed 10 man icc cuz we were bored.

I never got loot though.

Guild killed boss number 1 without me when I was working though, we planned to do it day after patch but they did it patch day because they had people on Q_Q

As for jmrz guild drama, kick everyone, ninja GB, sell guild, jump realm to somewhere with less fucktards.

Oh, and in lfg I have never had to wait more than 6 CGD's before getting a group. And that was at 2AM on a weekday for a random dungeon. Tanks evidently have it easy.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1907 on: 11 Dec 2009, 05:39 »

I'll second the suggestion of taking all the money and run, vis-a-vis the guild drama. It's supposed to be a game. So, you know, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1908 on: 11 Dec 2009, 05:47 »

Run like the wind!
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1909 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:57 »

Like OMG newest patch (3.3.0 i think?!) with the map integrated into the quest log. WAHOOO who needs wowhead anymore!!!!!

Oh and DING 61 for my main (Penpen on Echo Iles) come gank me some time LOL

[edit] Oh and the new "random" dungeons looks cool... might try on the weekend if some other guildys are in.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2009, 07:00 by philharmonic »
*was getting tired of that slug*

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1910 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:57 »

lil bit of my own guild drama going on as well. I recently moved to a progression guild and was looking forward to raiding with them. I signed up for ToC10 and was ready to go but instead they ran without me and then did ICC 10 w/o me. I asked the guy that recruited me as to why and he i guess said i was pissed(wasn't just confused) so they are kicking this girl out from the 2nd part of the run tonight. So ya she is pissed(rightfully so) and it makes me look bad. I just didn't know why i was skipped since i had signed up and was on at the right time. Fuck Drama. My old guild didnt have any but wasn't progressing at all so now not sure if i want to even stick this out or just go back to my old guild.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1911 on: 11 Dec 2009, 06:59 »

I'm getting the impression that guilds are either progressing and full of tension or relaxed and doing fuck all.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #1912 on: 11 Dec 2009, 07:16 »

Relaxed and doing f all... ...thats where I'd wanna be. But more realistically the guild I'm in now to me is more of a political-geographical statement to me. Plus I'd imagine when I hit 70 then they might start to expect a little more from me. That and they seem like easy going mature bunch (which is good).
*was getting tired of that slug*

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1913 on: 11 Dec 2009, 07:57 »

My guild is a 1-3 night a week 10-man only guild, we're pretty relaxed and such, and we were farming ToGC10 (never going back ever, hate toc), and cleared everything in ICC10 in like, an hour and a half.

Being relaxed isn't so bad if you actually play with people you like.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

clockworkjames

« Reply #1914 on: 11 Dec 2009, 12:32 »

We all kinda realise we are gonna be at 4/5 TotGC25 forever now. Nobody wants to do anub.

I like progress, but still I dun wanna have to do that fight too much more :(

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1915 on: 11 Dec 2009, 12:37 »

I'm getting the impression that guilds are either progressing and full of tension or relaxed and doing fuck all.

Yes.

Your best bet for getting a sense of accomplishment and having fun in game is joining a guild that goes into various battlegrounds once a week and beats everyone silly.  Unfortunately, there are not usually more than a few of those per server, and they tend to be filled with douchebags.  Also, not everyone loves pee vee pee.

Also: thank-you for everyone in this thread talking about guild drama for making me feel really, really good about quitting.  You guys are better than a sponsor.
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2009, 12:39 by pilsner »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1916 on: 11 Dec 2009, 16:18 »

My guild is pretty awesome.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #1917 on: 11 Dec 2009, 16:46 »

Yeah there's no such thing as a casual raiding guild that does top end content, things like SSC weed out the guilds who cant hack it and are more often than not guildbreakers due to half your crew knowing how to do it and trying to get people who dont care or are just not good enough to do it. Sad truth but raiding is an all or nothing (or all or introductory) goal, most of the time.

Also, pilsner nailed it on the head, quitting wow is really hard until you've had enough guilds collapse around you to drive you batshit nutty.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1918 on: 11 Dec 2009, 18:03 »

Okay, I left the guild. Started up a new one with some friends from the guild we were just in. The ExGuildLeader hasn't said anything to me since. I promo'd her to GL and left without a word. Nothing has been said. I am now just going to kick about in this guild, pug whatever I want to raid when I can and just farm badges with endless random heroics for my gear. I play for fun and I'm going away for a month soon anyway, so I wont have WoW then so the idea of joining another raiding guild is just silly.

Am happy now.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1919 on: 12 Dec 2009, 06:39 »

BOOO! Cowards route.

In other news I still hate pugs.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1920 on: 12 Dec 2009, 09:03 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1921 on: 12 Dec 2009, 18:17 »

Of course when I cancel my account, one of my friends starts playing again. And he's at about the same point as me in the game. AAAAAHHHHHHHH. WILL RESIST!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

clockworkjames

« Reply #1922 on: 12 Dec 2009, 19:26 »

I mean come on, no dog should have that many folds in it's face.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1923 on: 13 Dec 2009, 08:26 »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1924 on: 13 Dec 2009, 19:35 »

They arem't even fun to pet for fucks sake.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1925 on: 13 Dec 2009, 19:48 »

You speak lies.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1926 on: 13 Dec 2009, 20:20 »

Though I have never petted a wrinkly dog, I am sure any dog that is reasonably clean and doesn't want to eat you is pretty fun to pet. Especially puppies. How can one not like petting puppies? (Unless you're allergic, then I forgive you.)

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1927 on: 13 Dec 2009, 20:26 »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #1928 on: 13 Dec 2009, 20:28 »

Adorable
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1929 on: 14 Dec 2009, 00:37 »

Woho, great guild week.
Mondag: clear the first 4 bosses in ToGC 10.
Tuesday: Kill anub ToGC 10!! (first kill)
Wednesday: Patch, heroics, random lfg and ICC. The guild wipes all night on the first boss. I wasn't there.
Thursday: Down the three first bosses and after a few wipes at saurfang we call it a night (Healing is working great, god damn I love glyph of rapid rejuvenation).
Sunday: Saurfang is beaten to oblivion by one of the most beautiful kills in guild history. I came second on the damage done with almost 6k dps.

And the new tool is great. You get money, you get badges, you get teleportation and you don't have to sit around having a boring time while looking for a group.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1930 on: 14 Dec 2009, 07:11 »

We are struggling on 25 man saurfang, the other bosses were all pretty painless (once you get the tactics, I missed first boss) but 10 man was stupidly easy.

25 man Saurfang is a cunt cuz as soon as 1 person dies everyone gets mad then more people die and before you know it bloodlust is off and the boss is back at 20%hp from 8% then he ends up at 40% and you call it a wipe. First night on him though, should down him tonight.

GZ on first gc anub 10 kill, how many tries left?

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1931 on: 14 Dec 2009, 08:02 »

Thank you. And I agree about the difficult level on ICC 10 man, although it's a bit harder for us since we only have 10 man gear. But everything except anub 10 man heroic have been on farm for quite a few weeks.
We finished with 26 tries so a nice spell power mace droped from the cash. Our healing shamy got it and promptly changed on thursday for a new mace that droped from the air ship encounter.
But for this patch we have decided to skip the ranking so might try to pug ICC 25.

Good luck with saurfang. In my opinion it's just about handling the adds and pushing the dps. Don't know if you can CC them in 25 but my root saved our hunter a few times.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1932 on: 14 Dec 2009, 10:12 »

2shotted him on 10 man I believe, was not hard (first time nobody knew what to do) once we got an idea of the fight we downed him next try. 10 man HC mode and 25 normal geared I did GC10 with 41 attempts left I think, or maybe 39 I cannot remember, the fails were stupid things like the warrior not being arms for MS.

I just want the rep ring but I am not even friendly yet :/

clockworkjames

« Reply #1933 on: 15 Dec 2009, 15:53 »

Sup slackers.

(No ICC loot used either)

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1934 on: 15 Dec 2009, 16:09 »

Slackers? My guild's been doing that for weeks.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1935 on: 15 Dec 2009, 17:18 »

Yeh... but you only got a tribute to skill.

Slacker.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1936 on: 15 Dec 2009, 17:27 »

Of course. I don't actually do 10 mans with any regularity. I'm too busy clearing 25 Lower Spire first week.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1937 on: 15 Dec 2009, 17:43 »

My guild got mad skill 2 weeks ago with 49 attempts, we all hate ToC though and are never going back, not even for insanity/immortality.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1938 on: 15 Dec 2009, 17:54 »

Yeah, it's never really been any one particular boss that has ever kept my guild from getting Tribute to Insanity (although I guess the guys who bother get it routinely now). The first time we downed Anub 10 togc we actually had 44 out of 50 attempts left. The problem is that typically at some point in the raid someone's going to have a dumb moment or two, like not handling Jaraxxus' flames right, or someone forgetting something dumb on twin valks.
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2009, 18:17 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1939 on: 15 Dec 2009, 18:03 »

Guild did 25 man, just I missed 2 bosses >.>

That shit is not hard, tributes to skill are what they sound like. It was my second GC10 run since I shifted servers a few weeks ago and yeh, alot of people in my guild have the mount/cloak/weapon from it because it is on farm for a few people but it was a big achievement for alot of people in the raid, if someone wasn't focused enough to get it they obviously don't deserve it and if you clear the first wing of icc 25, are you going to do no more raids for the week?

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1940 on: 15 Dec 2009, 18:08 »

Yeah, actually. We cleared what's there in ICC10 in about an hour and a half on Wednesday, then did nothing for the rest of the week. Just alt'd around and such.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1941 on: 15 Dec 2009, 18:52 »

Each to their own I suppose, but if all I did this week was ICC10 I would be bored as shit, even if I had a 7 day work week I doubt I could settle for that.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1942 on: 17 Dec 2009, 22:46 »

Man, the goofiest/dumbest thing I've seen in a while happened today. There's this new guy in my guild and we're doing a daily random together when a BoE blue drops. I want it for my newest alt and everyone is rolling Disenchant, so I say "Hey, guys, do a quick /roll and I'll toss the winner a Dream Shard-- I'm needing on that Necklace." For some reason, this really, really pisses the recruit off. Like, he went completely apeshit the second he saw the "need" despite me stating in group what I was going to do before hitting Need. This actually ended up spilling into trade chat, if you can believe that.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1943 on: 17 Dec 2009, 22:49 »

Is he still on probation?  If so, have an officer toss him.  Guy sounds like a feeb, and if he reacts like that on a daily, he's going to pop a vein over real raid loot.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1944 on: 17 Dec 2009, 23:04 »

He's actually just on as a "friend" rank (I posted recruit earlier out of dumb habit) because he knows a guy, so he's not going to be raiding, but overall, I still found it pretty amazing. There's no chance in hell he's going to be raiding with us after that though, despite his eventual apology.

I mean, really, it was over a Burning Skull Pendant! My new pally has to get his defense rating from somewhere.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2009, 23:06 by Alex C »

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1945 on: 18 Dec 2009, 00:20 »

I'm stunned that someone would nag about an item someone actually needs, even it's his tenth alt. He must have miss understood somehow... or is just plain stupid.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1946 on: 18 Dec 2009, 08:37 »

I used that neck piece :) Up until about a year ago, but when it dropped along with the blue shoulders off the boss in gun'drak I was happy as a motherfucker.

Gear seemed so much more happy back then, now look :(

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Melville

Cold calculated numbers. How shit is that? At the end of naxx I was hit/expertise capped and had 30k hp UB with a good amount of avoidance, now look, well under hit cap.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1947 on: 18 Dec 2009, 09:24 »

Yeah, I was honestly pretty happy when that thing dropped. Like I said, it's a fresh 80 so getting defense rating AND some shield block value in one piece is pretty nice. Honestly, at this point in content all I really care is not getting crushed and putting out halfway decent threat. Healers are generally geared enough these days that raw mitigation won't be too big of a deal for a heroic dungeon alt.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1948 on: 18 Dec 2009, 13:29 »

I'd forgotten I'd gotten an egg from the Oracles, so I logged on today and this hatched. Aww. I bought another egg so I can have something fun waiting in my bags if I decide to come back after my account expires. (Which is in a few days.) Until then I think I might do a random dungeon or two, because the new LFG is pretty rad. So is the new map/quest log.

Aurjay

« Reply #1949 on: 21 Dec 2009, 21:27 »

So im kinda depressed. I joined this new guild and everything is going great except I suck at raiding. Not that my skills are lacking but my computer is a POS and lags out to 1fps on anything over a 10man and even then sometimes. The other druid healer has similar gear and is usually topping the heal meter yet im usually 3rd or below. I know a lot of that has to do with lag cuz i am definitely #1 when it comes to over-healing. I priced a new laptop that i want and it was close to 3k. It has to be a laptop cuz im in the military and travel a lot and just makes it easier for me. Also being in the military and low ranking at that means im broke as fuck and prolly cant afford a new laptop anyway which is why i am depressed. Just kinda wanted to rant a little sorry for taking up space but damn i'm annoyed right now.
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53   Go Up