THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 10:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 648656 times)

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1950 on: 22 Dec 2009, 14:57 »

Get a lower spec laptop. WoW runs just fine on ones costing less than a third of that.

Aurjay

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1951 on: 22 Dec 2009, 18:07 »

possibly but im tired of always having a low end laptop/pc whatever. I want to get something that runs WOW and anything else that might be coming out smoothly and seamlessly.  On another note my guild is implementing a DKP system. For the record i hate these. Especially in my guild when they have a "core" group of raiders that they take every time leaving us new to the guild to only run the 25mans. This core group obviously is gonna get more DKP and get better gear, leaving us new people forever trying to catch up. it just seems like favoritism to me and ive always hated it
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1952 on: 22 Dec 2009, 18:09 »

In both cases there it seems like you offer chicken feed and expect a phoenix.

Sometimes you need to settle if you can't shell out and dkp is fair because there is no reason someone who contributes more than you should not get more loot than you.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Aurjay

« Reply #1953 on: 22 Dec 2009, 22:32 »

If everyone had a chance to raid then ya i don't see a problem. I sign up and am on time consistently but if they choose another druid over me just cuz they are part of the core group that's been around for awhile then how am i suppose to get DKP.  It just doesn't seem fair. For instance they run 10man and i can never get in the group. They earn DKP all week long and when it comes time to do the 25man that i can actually get into I'm at a disadvantage over the loot. Whats even worse is im almost equally geared as the druid so their isn't even a gear difference. And yeah i know i need to settle but thats why i mentioned that i was just bitching to let off steam is all.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1954 on: 22 Dec 2009, 23:08 »

Put together another "core" raidgroup for 10 man. You must have the people if can do 25 man as well.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Aurjay

« Reply #1955 on: 22 Dec 2009, 23:34 »

thats exactly what its gonna have to come to.

Leinad

« Reply #1956 on: 05 Jan 2010, 09:14 »

Giving 25 man DKP in a 10 man is retarded. Find a new guild.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1957 on: 05 Jan 2010, 23:07 »

I rolled a warrior named ProtWarrior today and I'm going to make a guild for him called Prosaic.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1958 on: 05 Jan 2010, 23:09 »

Runner Up: Badtank, of the guild Nexus Wipe

clockworkjames

« Reply #1959 on: 06 Jan 2010, 00:47 »

Got a shaman calle Kíck and my DK tank is now an orc on boulderfist called Blamé.

Kick the shaman and blame the DK!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1960 on: 07 Jan 2010, 20:30 »

Blizz plz quit nerfing, k thanx.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1961 on: 07 Jan 2010, 20:43 »

Oh, btw, I don't mean that about the rogue nerf, I mean that about the boss nerfs. I just forgot to mention that I'm not upset about the rogue nerf since I'm quite aware that my damage is stupid as hell right now. Like, 11k+ or so on tank and spank kind of stupid.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1962 on: 08 Jan 2010, 01:33 »

Well, the new bosses were hard as hell when 10 man geared. Or festerguard was. Rotface was buged when we tried him wednesday so the slimes didn't allways merge and people were tired as hell after silly wipes on bosses and trash.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1963 on: 08 Jan 2010, 03:06 »

7% on festergut then enrage. Yet to try 10 man.

And rogues are getting nerfed yes (2 trees at least), locks are getting buffed, prot warriors are being getting less control in arena, Bryntroll's proc is getting "fixed" and s8 is just around the corner.

I like arena on my DK.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1964 on: 08 Jan 2010, 09:51 »

The sad thing about the Festergut enrage is how people were mewling about how you need to stack rogues to do it in 25 man yet I'm the only raiding rogue in our guild but we still got it. Whatever.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1965 on: 08 Jan 2010, 10:35 »

Melee deeps yes, but feral druids and fury warriors also do batshit loco dps in that fight.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1966 on: 08 Jan 2010, 10:50 »

Meh, 2-shot festergut, killed rotface in 10 man. We're a 10 man strict guild, and when festergut fell over we were just kinda like.... wait really? That's it? Putricide looks like a pain in the dick OTOH, I doubt we'll kill him this week. Some of our people still fail to grasp the basics of the encounter, which is a problem.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1967 on: 08 Jan 2010, 14:40 »

And rogues are getting nerfed yes (2 trees at least)

It's nearly impossible to nerf subtlety since it's honestly a dead tree from a pve perspective. The only thing it's good for is Preparation in PvP. My combat spec doesn't even have any points in Sub and my Mutilate spec has all of 2 points in it. If the talent those two points were invested in were suddenly removed, I wouldn't even blink; I'd just put the points into Quick Recovery and spit on Subtlety's worthless corpse. It is a dead end.

Also, nerfs aside, from a quality of life perspective, I really wish I was an Unholy DK right now. I wouldn't do as much overall dps as my rogue in most fights, but I would only need the 1 spec to be quite viable in all DPS environments and could still keep a decent tanking offspec. As it stands now, I need to maintain two PvE specs, 4 different weapons and use 3 different trinkets just to stay around 8k in all types of encounters. I realize that tanks often keep multiple pieces of gear around to optimize as well, but it kinda miffs me that being a pure dps class means we need to worry about two sets of stat weights and mutually exclusive weapons.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2010, 15:00 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1968 on: 09 Jan 2010, 13:15 »

Yeh I figured out in order to nor need to respec so much, I would need pvprot, deep wounds prot, unhittable prot, pvparms, pve fury and perhaps an OT build, but I cannot get that at the moment unfortunately.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1969 on: 09 Jan 2010, 13:21 »

Yeah, really, the only consolation I see in your situation is that Warriors have the easiest time becoming unhittable in the first place-- for druids and DKs it's not really an option to begin with. But with that said, yeah, it is a pain in the ass to get a tank geared up with specialty gear. All the shuffling between specs that healers and tanks need to do just for Anub'arak is pretty annoying. Hell, I even swap around the glyphs and use my combat "offspec" for the Anub fight, despite the fact that we actually overgear it at this point. Every li'l bit helps, but it's a bummer that one or two people typically has to hearth and respec just for one fight.
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010, 13:34 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1970 on: 10 Jan 2010, 10:30 »

So what if it is apparantly easier for a warrior to get unhittable? Paladins still make better add tanks before the point where you have BiS unhittable gear. Even then a similarly geared paladin would have an easier job, is a pain in the ass.

PvProt with an arcane mage to rating enough for a nice 2h for end of season, still got arena points left over from pre server jump so should be good!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1971 on: 10 Jan 2010, 19:27 »

God, I hate Rotface so much. He is easy. I haven't died to him without it ever being the ending stages of a full wipe-- I already feel as if I have mastered the encounter. Out of all my logs and all the attempts, I have 3 ticks of Slime Spray damage taken, out of both 25 man and 10 man attempts. We did him in 25 man easy. But not in 10 man. In 10 man, people keep being stupid and we somehow lose people early which sets us up for fail in the ending seconds of the fight as his casting speeds up. People can't stop being stupid. And it's not even like it's the tanks or healers screwing it up, so what's the damn problem?

clockworkjames

« Reply #1972 on: 10 Jan 2010, 22:59 »

Professor putricide, we should have 5 attempts left but we had 2 separate ninja pulls.

Both offenders were kicked.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1973 on: 11 Jan 2010, 00:19 »

People ninja pulling putricide makes me laugh!

My guild wen't a little new school old school and spent an hour wiping on algalon yesterday. Boring as hell fight imo. Today or tomorrow we will try Rotface and professor.
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2010, 00:21 by Covetous »
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1974 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:04 »

I wanna go back to algalon.

Fight was batshit, no holds barred, "Right mel, for this you pop an indestructible pot before pulling, heroic throw then charge, shieldslam then stack sunders" I love crazy pulls like the sarth 3d zerg where I pull with shattering throw then heroic throw retaliation stancedance charge position shieldslam stack sunders then my normal rotation before first drake lands, taunt her wait 3 seconds then ZOMG CD CYCLE TIME OR I DIE.

Yakob

« Reply #1975 on: 24 Jan 2010, 20:21 »

This threads not dying on my watch! It's the only one I ever post in, more or less.

I have an 80 rogue now (well, "now" meaning since the last time I posted in here) on top of my priest. So thats exciting. My rogue was actually my main for a while but then I left him at 73 for a year while I played my preist non-stop. I was so excited to remember how much I love playing him. So fun.

(P.S. the changes to Armory are pretty nifty.)
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2010, 20:22 by Yakob »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1976 on: 25 Jan 2010, 05:13 »

Still playin waryur.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Melville

LOLOL /FLEX

I need new head and shoulders, they so old and shit. Is nice how because all my TotGC25 junk is better than 10 man ICC stuff I can pass. Still want a new wep, either the sword/mace from TotGC10 or the mace from Marrowgar 10 or the sword from professor putricide 10. And TotGC25 shield just refuses to drop for me which sucks a little.
Progress on ICC25 is pretty slow, I don't always go but Putricide causes many many problems.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1977 on: 25 Jan 2010, 16:06 »

Still a rogue.

I had to go Combat because the Arms warrior has been QQing about his personal dps and went fury despite everyone's protests, so that's why I have a sub 258 weapon and a shitty trinket atm.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2010, 16:33 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1978 on: 26 Jan 2010, 07:13 »

After halfway through ToC, gear level should mean he would perform better as fury. Alot better, and alot easier to pull retarded dps as the arms rotation is pretty sciency.

On sciency rotations, Druids rite?

Druid tanks have 3 skills, mangle, maul and swipe. Boomkins have 4 skills, moonfire, insect swarm, wrath and starfire. Resto druids have 4 skills, rejuv, regrowth, wild growth and healing touch.

Feral dps... seriously guys? You expect people to rely on an addon to not come bottom of dps then when they use the addon suddenly they are doing mage damage?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3525757995_8950e7c250_b.jpg

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1979 on: 26 Jan 2010, 11:36 »

I know fury does more damage, but this forced me to switch to an inferior gear/talent combo, lose my run speed, regem EVERY slot and forced our feral onto mangle bot duty. So, really, it's a cascade failure situation, particularly since he tweaked his fury spec so it performs best on trash of all things. Congratulation, you can top the meter sometimes with your triple cleave. Have fun doing middling boss damage.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2010, 11:39 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1980 on: 26 Jan 2010, 11:36 »

I will now light myself on fire.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1981 on: 26 Jan 2010, 12:42 »

Glyphing cleave is a good thing, your gems look like they always did (arp arp arp expertise crit).

Link the warriors armoury.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1982 on: 26 Jan 2010, 14:23 »

Never mind; the aforementioned feral druid said the warrior was doing crap that he couldn't have been doing. The warrior's armory is fine, so maybe I'll have to bitch at the feral later. As a raid we've still lost dps though. I've lost enough dps alone for it to be a wash, and again, the feral is a manglebot now, which is a shame since hitting the kitty with hysteria was one of our go to dps maneuvers.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2010, 14:29 by Alex C »

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #1983 on: 28 Jan 2010, 07:22 »

Upon cashing in my free week, and buying another gamecard (which hasnt even kicked in yet) I have replaced most of my lost items with new content and was about a GS of 4800.

I still haven't gotten my stuff back from the GMs based on the first time I was hacked, but it's okay since I'm replacing 213 with current items.

I got disconnected and hour ago to find that someone attached an authenticator to lock me out and hacked my shit again.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1984 on: 28 Jan 2010, 13:01 »

Man it seems like everyone is getting through ICC but me >.>
That's probably because my realm is terrible for raiding.
I've done ICC25 a few times, but every time we don't get past Lady Deathwhisper. Which is pretty pathetic. The last time I was there we didn't even get past Marrowgar. People couldn't grasp the concept of killing the spikes as quickly as possible. And I swear every caster in there thought that the blue fire gave mana. Kinda sad. I do NOT| recommend Argent Dawn for raiding. I can usually pull about 4-6k on Ulfgar (Although I suck on marrowgar because his hitbox is the size of a small whale) so I know I can clear content consistently. The main issue I face is I play casually and don't have the time to raid with the hardcores. So progression is a bit hard for me.
Here's my armory though for my druid and hunter if anyone is looking for a decent player for 10/25 T9/T10 content.
Ulfgar ---> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&cn=Ulfgar
Thadorius --> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&cn=Thadorius

Also, does anyone else think the Tier 10 hunter and druid armor look balls terrible?

clockworkjames

« Reply #1985 on: 28 Jan 2010, 13:15 »

Who the fuck pugs 25 man ICC? My guild just apparantly downed Proff putricide according to guild chat, I wasn't there cuz current tank rotation depends on what loot you need from the boss combined with classes for the fight, since I was the only person who didn't need some druid tank gear or the tanking mace (cuz it's nasty) I stepped out.

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1986 on: 28 Jan 2010, 13:25 »

You'd be surprised. I'll admit that while my realm is pretty fail for raiding for the most part, we manage to get some surprisingly good PUGs for current contemt. It's a little odd how that works.
I'm not too familiar with the loot tables, and people like bringing me because I'm not a complete loot whore. I mainly go to raids because I like the lore in them, oddly enough.

Anyone have any guesses on which guild will grab the world first Arthas 25 kill?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1987 on: 28 Jan 2010, 14:11 »

It depends on what you consider a successful pug as well. It's probably not an option on my server, since it Grizzly Hills is one of the absolute worst servers in the game, (to say I'm ahead of the curve here is an understatement) but I'm sure the first wing of ICC25 is pretty doable on a few of the well-established servers, although Saurfang would probably need some trial and error for the ranged to get the adds down clean. The Plague wing would end up schooling people though, at least on my server. There's people who advertise doing 3k dps like it's a good thing here,  so Festergut is definitely out. Still, clearing the first wing is a pretty good haul for casuals.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2010, 14:14 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1988 on: 28 Jan 2010, 15:38 »

First 4 bosses would be shit, I would not wanna get saved for 4 bosses. Currently doing blood princes 10 man with a shit group for it (Fantastic group just bad comp for this fight), so the pally is tanking Keleseth and Taldaram since we don't have a lock or s-priest to tank it, boomkin ses no and mage kept dying while trying.

Wiped on 21% there so is defo doable.

1 shotted it 25 man but it's not easy on 10 man without a lock.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1989 on: 28 Jan 2010, 15:44 »

Did it with 2 tanks, fuck yeah.

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1990 on: 28 Jan 2010, 17:49 »

Did it with 2 tanks, fuck yeah.
Grats. And for me I wouldn't care so much if I got locked to four bosses, so long as I actually get to experience the fights that's cool for me.
I did a pug last night on my healer for ToC25 reg and we just flew through the place. cleared in around an hour. Our only trouble was anub. We almost slept through faction champs it felt that easy. But then again I was healing so everything seems less intense when you're healing. Still gotta work on my tank set though. It's pretty terrible.
So that same ToC pug is jumping into ICC25 on Monday and I definitely plan on joining, because apparently they consistently clear up to saurfang easily from what I've heard.
Guess I'll find out monday.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1991 on: 28 Jan 2010, 18:04 »

Heh, I think how intense healing feels is somewhat a function of class/spec. Holy Paladins are wonderful tank healers even when somewhat undergeared, but I've seen even the good ones get pretty frazzled after a string of high movement fights. The best holy paladin I know swears that the only thing gear upgrades really do for him at this point is let him cope with movement better since he can skip a beat now more often and still be able to bomb the tank enough to keep 'em alive. In optimum conditions his throughput from a couple of patches ago would still be fine in modern content.

torontoguy2k8

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1992 on: 28 Jan 2010, 18:26 »

I suppose, but I've never played a holy palaldin.
I play a druid, which consists of:
HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT, Make a sandwich, HOT, HOT, HOT, Grab a drink, HOT, HOT, HOT, check the news, HOT, HOT, HOT, brows some forums, WIN.
Seriously, resto druid heals is pretty laid back, since I can just throw out four spells, sit back and just watch things unfold, and that's it.
I'm kinda looking forward to healing ICC25, if he's geared enough. IF anyone who regularly runs ICC could check him out (Thadorius linked in an earlier post of mine) and let me know just how horribly undergeared I am that would be cool XD

clockworkjames

« Reply #1993 on: 28 Jan 2010, 20:34 »

Doable but... it might get a little painful. Opt for raid healing of course, but stay on your toes. My friend, 10 man raid healer and the guilds resto druid - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&cn=Tykoh is overgeared to fuck but sometimes it's as much on the raid as it is on you to keep people alive but then again I love tree + disc priest for 10 mans, then warrior and pala tanks is pretty much just sick.

Oh, almost forgot... HC juggs mofo so + skeleton key = 44.5khp UB on a warrior tank without missing a single socket bonus. If I was a paladin stam scaling would mean more like 49khp UB :/

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1994 on: 29 Jan 2010, 05:28 »

This wednesday we did festergut with 2 healers. Me (resto druid) and a disc priest. This was a walk in the park last time cus then we had a paladin tank. But this time we had three warrior (two tanks and one furry) and no paladin.
When you have 2 healers on that fight and no judgement of light this fight is fucking intence, no time for snacks. I did around 7 hps and the disc priest did 4k and we kept wiping on silly things like when people were running back in to melee after delivering spores they got the sicknes and made veryone, inkluding healers to puke, or the boss just turned around and applied a tenth debuff on the tank even tho he was doing nothing, or lag, or messup in the oshit switching...
So just to eas it up we take in a retri pala (an alt to someone) and suddenly it's silly easy. So when the boss is at 600k hp my phone rings, my work phone, and I have to answer since I'm on call, and we promptly wipe.

But I'm so god damn tired of my server. Kazzak in missery. Any latensy under 200 is a miracle and a day without lag in raid is unheard of. Time to migrate away in my opinion.

My little hero: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&cn=St%C3%BCrm
He got a new helm that isn't gemed and enchanted yet though.

Oh and Warriors QQ about Paladins make me ^_^ .
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 05:32 by Covetous »
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #1995 on: 29 Jan 2010, 06:23 »

Wasn't Q_Q I wouldn't give up being a warrior to reroll paladin or anything, the game needs paladin tanks I was just commenting on how people judge tanks by health pool.

If you are talking about 10 man, don't you always use 2 healers? depending on the fight sometimes our priest goes shadow for a resto druid to heal solo.

My first guild would do 25 mans with 8-9 healers and 10 mans with 3-4, it is stupid though but assuming from your gear you are in a solely 10 man guild, is it just 10 regulars or what?

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1996 on: 29 Jan 2010, 12:19 »

Paladins are pretty much objectively the best class in the game, really.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1997 on: 29 Jan 2010, 12:22 »

We sometimes run with 7 of them. SEVEN.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1998 on: 29 Jan 2010, 13:33 »

Sorry clockwork in that case.
How many healers depends on the fight mostly, and whos online.
You run with 7 paladins in one raid? O_o
We mostly don't run with any paladin.
-Isaac Asimov

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1999 on: 29 Jan 2010, 13:54 »

Not having any paladins is waaaaay crazier than having seven, although admittedly we usually run "only" 5. Basically, we have 2 full time tanks, 2 full time ret paladins, and a full time holy paladin. The other two are a guy who can go heals or dps and another guy who is our third tank for some fights and can also go ret if need be. All of them can respec and at least have the gear to anchor a ToGC group as their "off" spec as well. Seriously, the notion that being a hybrid doesn't have inherent advantages is complete BS at this point. We run 4 ICC-10 groups a week and without the pallies and druids being able to spec swap we'd be completely fucked from a raid comp standpoint. Pretty much everyone in the guild has created a paladin or druid alt these days. It's honestly kind of laughable how few pure classes you'll find here, and I suspect it's in part due to being a young server. Unless you've been attached to your "main" for a year or two, nobody really seems to see much reason to roll a pure over a hybrid. If nothing else you can at least pull off that cheesy bullshit where you sign up as being able to both tank or heal when getting into the heroic daily queue when in reality you're just hoping you can sleaze into a dps slot.
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2010, 14:04 by Alex C »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 53   Go Up