THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 20:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 648236 times)

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #2050 on: 27 Mar 2010, 02:48 »

I started playing WoW again after a year or so's absence in December.

It's the addiction I just can't kick.

Anyone else on Boulderfist?
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #2051 on: 27 Mar 2010, 09:33 »

um, guys lan party? i has no cata but gotta rep the fury warriors.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2052 on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:06 »

I love sunder bitches warriors.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #2053 on: 27 Mar 2010, 12:17 »

and i love stackin' sunders and pwning the noobs.
sometimes i let them win so they don't have a hysterical qqfest about it and beg for rematches.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #2054 on: 28 Mar 2010, 10:59 »

still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2055 on: 28 Mar 2010, 19:25 »

I hate it when really nice people are really bad players. I always end up being the buffer in these situations.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2056 on: 30 Mar 2010, 09:06 »

Two of my friends decided to start playing WoW, so I reactivated my account now that I have someone to play with. I think I may level up a class I haven't played yet. I like being a hybrid, so maybe I'll make a shaman, but a mage sounds good too. Hmm.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2057 on: 30 Mar 2010, 17:33 »

Being a mage is ridiculously fun. So easy to level as frost and you can make your own water and food. Easy enough to gear and if you're good you can push out ridiculous amounts of dps at high end.

I love love love love my magey.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #2058 on: 31 Mar 2010, 04:02 »

Maybe druid for versatility? Depending on your preference you can heal, tank and dps ...
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2059 on: 31 Mar 2010, 04:22 »

Hunter or shaman. Then you can does beastcleave fun in arena.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2060 on: 31 Mar 2010, 05:49 »

Beastcleave is an abomination, speak not its name here.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2061 on: 31 Mar 2010, 08:42 »

I already have a lvl 80 druid, which is why I'm used to being a hybrid, so I don't want/need another one. And I don't care much for PvP, so that doesn't matter too much to me. PvE is actually where I have the most fun, so I like being able to heal myself. But mages never have to buy food or water, which is awesome. And the dps is crazy good. But shaman aren't squishy. I don't know. I need to figure out what my friends are playing and base my choice off of that. I know one made a druid, but I don't know what his gf made. If she made a char that can heal or take a beating, I'm going with mage, otherwise I'll probably go with shaman.

Actually, if I end up liking this server, I'll probably just move my druid over there (unless it's PvP, then I can't). Only one person I know still plays on Feathermoon, so I don't really have any reason to stay on it.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2062 on: 31 Mar 2010, 15:11 »

Fair warning, I love my shaman to pvp with (they're very active in pvp, tons to do), but I get bored to tears with the class in pve. I've never had a mage so I can't speak to their pve fun level, but it seems like lots and lots of 2 button arcane blast/arcane missile rotations.

I'd get yourself a priest or a warlock.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2063 on: 31 Mar 2010, 15:54 »

This criticism isn't really aimed at Dazed in particular, but I do think people should be a bit more careful about characterizing rogues and mages as two button classes. It's perhaps somewhat true of our rotations, but we have so many useful mobility tricks and get out of jail free cards that our rotations are actually a relatively small part of how one rogue/mage outperforms another. Played properly, rogues and mages use that simplicity to keep up on dps while using the stuff that makes our classes unique, like abusing vanish/Invisibility/ice block to immune special attacks or to sprint/blink/feint/cloak/killing spree through stuff the other classes have to dance around all day.

For example, once you factor in poisons, over 50% of my damage comes from auto attacks and their associated procs (note that this is somewhat misleading though due to how dependent rogues are upon maintaining Slice and Dice through combo points). That doesn't however, mean that rogues will always beat out other melee classes due to raw simplicity. The fact that our damage is so tied to auto attacks means that we lose out on comparatively more dps than say, a ret paladin or a warrior does in situations with constant target switching and travel time. Fury warriors, for example, can keep pretty happy simply by being in position to whirlwind every cooldown. By contrast, my most powerful special attacks are effectively sinister strike and a self-buff that only aids my auto-attacks. This means that for rogues perhaps more than any other melee class, time on target> all. For example, sometimes I do things like keeping my Killing Spree available to use as a ghetto shadowstep as opposed to just burning it on cooldown like a spreadsheet might tell you to do. So, while newbs and mut rogues may keep up with me on say, Saurfang, I tend to absolutely destroy them in terms of total damage done on fights like Sindragosa, Lich King, Rotface, and Blood Princes Hard mode. AKA, the shit that's actually hard enough to matter.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2010, 16:01 by Alex C »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2064 on: 31 Mar 2010, 17:07 »

I've never seen a mage only use two attacks when fighting, but I don't remember many low level experiences with them, either. And I already have a priest alt that's ok, but I've never really been interested in playing a warlock. (Not hating on warlocks, I like playing with them.) I'm leveling up both a shaman and a mage, so I'll go with whichever one I'm having more fun with.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2065 on: 31 Mar 2010, 17:49 »

At high end raiding, they honestly do get the vast majority of their damage out of AB and Abar since Arcane spec is real dominant with current gear and talents. Mages do other stuff to stay alive in the meantime, of course, since there's adds and raid damage flying around, but the ideal situation for an arc mage is admittedly pretty boring: Hunker down somewhere safe so your cast bar is no longer an impediment and stack cooldowns/pew pew until people asplode. That's a big reason why blizzard tries to keep fights where you can just spot up all the time somewhat rare. The game turns into the world's easiest guitar hero track otherwise, especially for mages and rogues. Like I said though, there's a lot of neat tricks you can pull in regards to movement that can keep life interesting.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2010, 18:04 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2066 on: 01 Apr 2010, 04:04 »

Doesn't really matter how many spells you use in arena/pvp. It's all about how you use them, and thats only like 30% of it, the other 70% is communication, LoS, knowing your opponents class, predicting what is gonna happen next.

Dragonslaying yeah, it's alot more linear. 112112112*proc*34112112*move from fire*112112112112*swap target*112112112112 /roll

Oh, and prepare to get tunneled to fuck if you arena as arcane even over the likes of priests as you are THE glass cannons of arena. But you do have alot of nice gib up your wizard sleeves, orange marmalade style.

Most people just go frost and kite people wearing them down but I assume you know this.
« Last Edit: 01 Apr 2010, 04:50 by clockworkjames »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2067 on: 03 Apr 2010, 07:13 »

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to just run around with friends and level up in this game! Totally different from what I had been doing. So our party has 4 people right now: a shaman (me), a mage, a druid, and a priest. I forget what our 5th friend started, but whatever it is, we've got a nicely rounded out group and I think it was accidental minus my choice. The only time anyone got past injured was when I jumped to my death in the Great Forge to amuse one of them. (They asked what happens if you jump down there, so I showed them.) So yay! And I think a 6th may join us if he lets me send him a scroll of resurrection.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2068 on: 04 Apr 2010, 17:21 »

Using a trial account to see if I can play WoW with the wireless network I am on, might start playing again, if it works. If not, oh well I guess I'll do other stuff instead.

Do you even play the game anymore, or just update it for hours on end?
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2010, 18:06 by Jace »
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2069 on: 04 Apr 2010, 18:08 »

Yeah that's all it is now. And yet people still theorycraft to try to maximize their download rate.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2070 on: 04 Apr 2010, 18:28 »

Well, looks like I can't play because of the wireless after all. Oh well.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2071 on: 05 Apr 2010, 23:16 »

Okay, as a raiding mage here's my opinion.

Typical arcane spec is usually a two button rotation, popping your cd's (Icy Veins, Mirror Image (oh boy t10 4set bonus is off the chain), Arcane Power (or whatever it's called)) at the start of the fight or depending when hero is popped, pop them then.

I stretch my rotation, Arcane Blastx5 (instead of 4, or until it procs), AM and then Arcane Barrage. My mage was sitting on 30k mana last night and it was NOT ENOUGH. If a druid has an innervate that is spare and not going to a healer, I'll take it. Mana management and popping mana gems/evocation and whatever the hell else I can to control it is a huge part of raiding as a mage. If you start wanding in a boss fight, there is a problem. It shouldn't happen. Ever.

Mages are not just a two button class. The rotation is easy, sure, but there's always other shit going on that you have to pay attention to and knowing the arcane spec and those rotations inside out makes it so much more fun than just spamming 111123111123111123 over and over and over *faceroll*.
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2010, 23:19 by jmrz »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2072 on: 06 Apr 2010, 15:08 »

9.1k MS crit on a rogue in arena at 1700 rating.

FEELS GOOD MAN.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2073 on: 06 Apr 2010, 16:00 »

I wish rogues could actually deal burst damage worth mentioning in arenas. I know our pressure is fine and all, but for the most part we're really just kinda brought along for our control options. It works out in our favor more often than not, I suppose, it just kinda bums me out because when I started playing WoW way back in the day it wasn't really the stuns and blind that I picked them for. Oh well.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2074 on: 06 Apr 2010, 16:14 »

Well, basically, I'll sum up a giant post I made on the official pvp forums in a thread which apparently got deleted.

Rogues are a stupidly imbalanced class in PvP. When I say imbalanced, I don't mean overpowered, I mean they've been pretty much relegated to a zerg class because of the nature of their cooldowns. Every rogue in high-rated (2200+) arena pretty much runs the same style of comps and plays more or less the same way: they sap 1 guy, then blow every cooldown they have in the first 3 minutes of a match and try to zerg down/lock down one of the others as quickly as possible. And they're really really good at it, which is a problem. For my warrior's team, a rogue is untouchable until he's out of evasions and a cloak/vanish. So, when combined with other high-pressure/control teammates, rogues are stupidly powerful in the opening of a match.

And then once they're out of cooldowns, they die hilariously fast. Faster than anyone except a dispel-spammed mage, basically. There is no middleground for them, and it's stupid, and makes them a stupid, imbalanced class as far as pvp goes.

P.S. I killed a rogue at 2400 with a 10.5k revenge, sup.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2075 on: 06 Apr 2010, 16:45 »

Preach.

Honestly, my rogue has two settings: Untouchable and dead.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2076 on: 06 Apr 2010, 19:38 »

Jesus Christ, between the Lord Marrowgar weekly and the 10% Wrynn buff ICC general just turned into trade chat.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2077 on: 06 Apr 2010, 19:44 »

Yeah, I'm hoping that I'll be in on one of the guild ICC runs this week and can get the weekly done. My boyfriend tried to PUG it yesterday and spent three hours with failed groups. It's not a hard fight, people just don't know what they are doing.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2078 on: 06 Apr 2010, 22:19 »

I wish we had Marrowgar for the weekly. We've had non-stop Ulduar weeklies for at least the past month.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2079 on: 06 Apr 2010, 22:23 »

My guild extended our lockout this week though, so fat lot of good it does me. On the upside, I just use emblems for easy money now anyway.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2080 on: 07 Apr 2010, 08:13 »

imp revenge is dumb with enough arp, I just liked a few moments in 5's last nite where people with 4pt10 and wrathful offset got 6k heroic strike critted with a 7.5k MS crit in the first global then execute actually killing someone.

Shit when overpower procs and you try to UA a flash heal but it crits and kills them instead :( I rarely skillstorm a healer without ms and ua up and they are under half hp, it's just wasting a cd that could be used to eat a lock and an ele sham at the same time.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2081 on: 16 Apr 2010, 06:33 »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2082 on: 16 Apr 2010, 07:49 »

Day it was released, Boulderfist, a REALLY low pop realm, 22:00 server time dalaran there is 11 people with this mount.

Seriously how much have blizz made on this, it's microtransactions bringing in the money the dwindling fewer subscriptions aren't bringing in.

It's easier to bring in a piece of easy to get loot that looks pretty for a sum of money than it is to encourage people to stick in at the game by bringing out tiers of new content and stuff to keep them interested.

Even recruit a friend, you seen the new rocket mount you get for that? I am gonna multibox a few 60's just to get it the same way I got the stripey horned horse except this time it's a 2 seater rocket I can ride as fast as my 310% drake.

Fuck winged sparkle ponies. Rocket inc.

Oh and as for rogues, 900 resilience on plate I get a 6k envenom crit? Fuck rogues. Fuck shadowpriests too.

Warrior pala vs spriest rogue it's an instant loss, a priest that takes that little damage, can shield and mana burn better than a disc priest while keeping up pressure from dots? And a rogue who can vanish of I don't switch to him every 20 seconds to refresh rend?

I did amuse my new partner when I bladestormed the rogue in a rdruid/rogue match by yelling "DON'T DISMANTLE YOU ARE TOO BAD YOU GONNA GET STORMED" while he ate 5 whirlwinds then died but somehow I got dismantled and he died from a rend tick so I punched his tree.

GOOD TIMES YO.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010, 07:55 by clockworkjames »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2083 on: 16 Apr 2010, 14:59 »

Envenom ignores armor. Deal with it.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2084 on: 16 Apr 2010, 20:22 »

SPARKLEPONY!!

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000942

I saw these today all over Stormwind, they're awesome! But I do not want to pay real money for it. Sigh.

I did my first random dungeon today and I visited Dalaran because I realized I had emblems and holy crap, why are there so many types of emblems? It makes things kind of annoying.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2085 on: 16 Apr 2010, 21:01 »

Only ones you have to worry about now are Triumph, Frost and Heroism. Heroism because that's what you trade shit down to to get the BtA gear and gems and whatever. The rest you can kind of just ignore.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2086 on: 17 Apr 2010, 06:25 »

I forget which two I had, but I converted them to one and spent them all on a trinket because I was too confused. But that is good to know, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't thought about badges since BC, so I'm going to have to read up on these.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #2087 on: 17 Apr 2010, 07:52 »

So I am trying to get rid of my wow account(s) and figured I would check here if anyone knew potential buyers for accounts with lots and lots of achievements and mounts and other fun things, but no ICC gear. Unfortunately I quit the game in my offspec gear, so once I re-up the armory will look a bit better: http://www.mywowarmory.com/profile.php?id=195197.

Anyhow mounts include: Rusted, Ironbound, Violet, Red, Plagued Protos, Amani Warbear, Raven Lord, Rivendares Charger, Swift White Hawkstrider, Great Brewfest Kodo, Chopper, All non-black mammoths (Over 100 in total)
Over 80 pets as well. 33 titles including Celestial Defender, Starcaller, and Astral Walker. Over 9400 Achieve pts. Also has a Warrior, DK, and Priest 80s. Secondary acct on the battlenet also has an 80 druid.

Shoot me a msg on here or AIM (teresias216) if you know anyone interested
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2088 on: 17 Apr 2010, 07:56 »

Tyler, I am glad you quit playing, because that shit is insane.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2089 on: 17 Apr 2010, 08:38 »

Envenom ignores armor. Deal with it.
Resilience too? Wow.

Hh and it's 947res I had on at the time, I swap between a pve and wrathful cloak depending on whether I think I will need survuval or moar arp.

1k res is overkill for my rating atm >.>

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2090 on: 17 Apr 2010, 11:16 »

You say that is if our other abilities hit super hard. Envenom is for all intents and purposes a point blank spell that requires 5 combo points and full poison stacks on the target in order to be worth a damn. If it didn't hit hard it would be an insult. Other than that though, you do have my sympathy. Hard counters suck. Anyway, if anything needs nerfing about arena rogues I wouldn't say its our damage. Our damage is really just the final insult on top of everything else we can do.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2010, 11:20 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2091 on: 17 Apr 2010, 16:31 »

Crippling poison makes a mockery of hamstring, wound poison makes MS a joke as it lasts 5 seconds longer.

I just don't like being hit that hard, it makes me butthurt.

Shadowpriest comp's in general tear me a new one and I do not like it, it makes me feel like I am shitter than I actually am.

Edit:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=146009

Other names for sparklepony/trh/celestial steed - JTDH (Join the dots horse), TGH (The gay horse(Apparantly the universal name for it on Kazzak-EU)), My little pony, waste of money, that fucking horse.

Post more names you heard it called.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2010, 19:50 by clockworkjames »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2092 on: 17 Apr 2010, 22:39 »

I think I'll stick with sparklepony, personally.

Also, man, I wish people would quit using gearscore. I was one of the first people on my server with a GS over 6k (I only know this because people told me like a MILLION fucking times) and for a while people just would not leave me alone. Shit like that is why I quit tanking back in vanilla.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #2093 on: 18 Apr 2010, 17:26 »

Gearscore is a plague. I hate it. Right now it doesn't matter if you can play your class as long as your GS is high enough. It's a pain to get into raids.
My Art.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2094 on: 18 Apr 2010, 18:04 »

Yeah, there simply isn't much real upside to it outside of epeen. Gearscore often results in people like me getting asked to do shit we don't want/need to do while people who could use the content are turned down despite often being pretty nicely geared. I understand the impetus behind it and I could see how a REALLY sad number might be a good cut off point, but frankly, I don't mind carrying people once in a while as long as they're hitting some approximation of their gear's maximum potential.

Well, unless you're in my guild. My guild really needs to quit sucking lately and I'm tired of carrying some people. I've taken over main assist duties and it's made the valks+defile phase of the Lich King fight go WAAAAAY smoother. This is both gratifying and REALLY annoying, since the LK fight is the sort of content where it should be blindingly obvious who you should be pew pewing.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2095 on: 18 Apr 2010, 18:56 »

Everytime I load into a random heroic on my shaman and someone goes OMG LOL 6K GEARSCORE WOW it makes me sigh to myself.

My shaman has 1 piece of PvE gear, sanctified resto legs from VoA25. The rest is all Wrathful PvP gear, which is more than good enough to smash heroics to bits, but still. People start worshiping a number before even looking to see if my gear is at all suited for the task at hand.

EDIT: I also name/sex-changed my shaman because the name annoyed me and male draeni are hideous. Great success. And I got arena master today, finally bothered enough to grind out the 2s achievement, hunter/shaman is hell.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 18:58 by Dazed »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2096 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:18 »

I did a heroic with the gear I was putting together for dedicated insanity totgc10 so like, 5/5 t9.2 and the rest totgc10 gear, and a normal toc10 belt/wep etc. and the lock said "Nice tanking" I thought he was being facetious but he said he was impressed at my threat because he had not specc'ed for reduced threat.

I never get told that with 6100gs because people just assume you are gonna be a beast.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2097 on: 18 Apr 2010, 22:31 »

I'm having that problem now. Getting into pug runs is not a problem with my GS (5.6K btw and I've never seen a mage at 6k on my server yet, but I am sure there must be some), but my friend (who is one of the top disc. priests on the server) is trying to get me into the guild he's in. This guild told me that they'd take me as a casual/friend member a few weeks ago. But to raid with them, they want to see a higher GS. I push out great dps, I'm raid aware and yet somehow me having a 6k GS is going to make me better.

Hopefully I can jump into one of their GKP runs and show them that I am as good as my friend keeps telling them I am.

I mean, I understand their requirements for highly geared people (they're the third best alliance guild on the server, and obviously want to continue their good performance), but it's not like I'm sitting here in bad gear and have no idea what's going on in raid fights. Blergh.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2098 on: 18 Apr 2010, 23:44 »

They must be pretty stacked with raiders or something to be very worried about 5.6k; that's not exactly a slacker GS, at least not for a caster, at any rate, particularly with how weird your trinket options are.. Maghia's Misguided Quill gives me headaches just looking at it. Now, I'm no expert on casters, but just how in the hell is someone supposed to gear around all that hit? It's kinda disheartening how many casters I see using "legacy" trinkets; apparently you really need to get Reign or Muradin's Spyglass to get up to genuine, honest to god upgrades, and those things don't have the best drop rates.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2010, 23:52 by Alex C »

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.
« Reply #2099 on: 19 Apr 2010, 01:40 »

Hey , I use that trinket! ... and I 'm loving it.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2010, 01:44 by BeoPuppy »
My Art.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 53   Go Up