THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 04:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 650309 times)

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #2100 on: 19 Apr 2010, 04:15 »

Apparently they rotate their raiders out for progression nights to get the best team. Apparently they also have a few mages already, but my friend is still trying to get me in.

There is no way in the world I would use that trinket.

Hit was important for me.... back when I was gearing for naxx. Now? STACK HASTE MOAR HASTE GIVE ME MOAR. Hit should be at around 288 (I have way over that and it's on pretty much everything and I can't get rid of it), and haste needs to be at 800+. Reign and Muradin's Spyglass are BiS for mages. I have Muradin's, don't have Reign. I'm using some oldschool naxx haste trink instead, because everything else sucks ass.

The next upgrade I need is to get the offset t10 gloves (I lose about 60 hit and gain that back in haste), which will put me at haste threshold and drop some of my excess hit. After that, I can pretty much do whatever the hell I want as long as it doesn't involve dropping below 800 haste.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2101 on: 19 Apr 2010, 10:23 »

Yeah, I just knew you had to have at least 1 kinda outdated trinket as a mage right now; Like I said, I know casters who are pretty geared yet still use stuff like Eye of the Broodmother, Illustration of the Dragon Soul or the Abyssal Rune because they're itemized well enough that they're competitive with their other options. ToC has really boned a lot of people as far as trinkets are concerned; a whole tiers' worth of gear crammed onto only 5 bosses. Sub-10% drop rates ftl. I never did get a Death's Verdict.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #2102 on: 19 Apr 2010, 11:16 »

Go do totgc and get some nice 258 gear, there are pugs on my server for the first 5 bosses quite regularly, and my realm is dead.

As for high gearscore, wrathful offset is available for honour, badge gloves/chest/cloak/belt are rockin' along with the craftable boots/pants and you are ez over 6k gs.

Just be swift in swapping gear sets. Or get good neck/bracers so you don't need to.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2103 on: 19 Apr 2010, 12:03 »

Yeah, but it's not just a question of downing bosses, it's a question of RNG. Luck can be a brutal mistress and the difference between a 9% drop rate and the 14-20%+ drop rates you see in ICC ends up feeling like a lot wider of a gap in practice if the loot gods aren't smiling upon you.

Anyway though, gearscore is dumb sometimes; if it takes pvp gear or a badly itemized fool's gold trinket to get someone into thinking your PvE gear is up to date then that's a problem with the officers. I mean, Dazed and I both apparently have 6k gear scores but as he pointed out earlier you definitely want him on your arena team and me in your raids.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2010, 12:23 by Alex C »

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2104 on: 19 Apr 2010, 12:37 »

Yeah I mean, my warrior pulls 9-10k dps in a 25 man, and has a higher gearscore in his pvp gear than pve gear.

Gearscore is awful and i want it to die blarggghhhh
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2105 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:01 »

Probably while wearing some leather pieces.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2106 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:08 »

Nah I don't wear any leather. I don't actually raid 25s with a guild, so all my gear access is from pugs. Pug raid leaders generally cave to rogue crying and are unable to understand complex arguments like "it doesn't matter that it's leather, the stat distribution makes it vastly superior to any obtainable plate."

Gearing is pretty hard to understand, herp derp.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2107 on: 19 Apr 2010, 14:59 »

I blame arpen. It's not the arms warriors' fault that Blizz is all like "DPS plate stacks hit and expertise, ammirite?"

I mean, yeah, it sucks that I have to compete for Tossk's, but I totally understand why they give warriors a big ol' boner.

I just thank god that the Scarlet Onslaught cloak is badge gear; that move saved the wow community mass amounts of QQ.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2010, 15:12 by Alex C »

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2108 on: 19 Apr 2010, 20:05 »

Well, really the problem is the stat distribution. Since leather usually has 5 stats (agil, stam, and ap, then 2 out of Exp, Arp, crit, hit) it has more stat points b/c of the way they weight itemization. DPS plate only ever has 4 stats (str, stam, 2 of exp, arp, crit, hit). So those stats become more expensive to budget the more of them are placed on the piece, resulting in far less stats overall than on a comparable piece of leather.

That and ARP. ARP ARP ARP ARP.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2109 on: 19 Apr 2010, 20:37 »

Heh, agreed. The leather warriors thing has always been an issue in the past, but man, does ArPen ever throw a big ass spotlight on the issue.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2110 on: 19 Apr 2010, 22:10 »

Okay, I've decided that whoever said that Sindragosa is the worst fight was right. We've got new people in the raid tonight and I went from no deaths to 3 deaths in 2 pulls. God, I hate that fucking dragon.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2111 on: 19 Apr 2010, 22:59 »

That was me.

BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS

clockworkjames

« Reply #2112 on: 20 Apr 2010, 22:28 »

Scarlet onslaught drape is my arena cloak.

Shit's da bomb yo.

And those bracers, arms warriors use em in arena if they cannot get polar bear claw bracers or don't need the hit from them.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Grillsmash

Even fucking int hunter mail

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&cn=Ararat

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2113 on: 23 Apr 2010, 09:08 »

You have so many achievements.

I want to touch them.

I want to rub them.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2114 on: 26 Apr 2010, 19:55 »

I have real mixed feelings about 10 and 25 man sharing a lockout thing. Real mixed. On the one hand, 10 mans are much easier to organize and where I have most of my fun. On the other hand, I really, really hate being a pure class in 10s. It's really an environment where having one class who just can't change how they operate is a fairly serious drawback.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2115 on: 26 Apr 2010, 20:00 »

I'm thrilled about the change, honestly. Very, very happy. I'd been on the fence about buying cataclysm, but they got me now. They gots me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2116 on: 26 Apr 2010, 20:10 »

I just don't really want to reroll and that's going to be what happens if I'm doing 10s instead of 25s : (

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2117 on: 27 Apr 2010, 16:44 »

Now that I've actually tried using dungeonfinder, I honestly hate what they did with it. I like the random thing, but what happened at seeing who was waiting to get into a dungeon? And wtf, why can't you use the LFG channel outside of cities. Is there something I'm missing or does it just suck like that?

Also, does anyone play a resto shammy? How do you like it? Also what are some good macros/addons/etc that are good for shaman? I'm playing a shammy and I'm still not sure how I like it. Maybe it's just because I'm a low level (21), but it feels so slow and not as effective as what I'm used to with my druid or even on par with the priest I'm leveling up, which is still level 10. I don't mind it as a dps, but the friends I'm playing with all made tank/dps classes, so I'm stuck with healing. (Which is ok, I don't mind healing. I just want to see how others feel about resto shammys as I've never even played with one.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2118 on: 27 Apr 2010, 18:17 »

I play a resto/ele shaman, but I mostly pvp with him. Resto is phenomenal for pvp healing, you have great single target and multi-target heals, albeit not as strong as a paladin's or druid's, respectively. That said, I do find resto pve to be boring as fuuuuuuuck, it largely amounts to either mashing healing waves and canceling them halfway through ( or not, this is wotlk, who actually ooms anymore) or mashing chain heal. I guess it's a bit more interactive than that in 5 mans/leveling, you can juggle totems/interrupt/assist dps or w.e, but once you hit raids it's dull.

That said I really do love shaman pvp. Love love luuuurve.

As far as addons, I like totemtimers, and I know some people swear by shaman friend, but I've never really needed it. Mousover macros are great for healing, and very simple to write. Just #showtooltip Healing Wave; /cast [target=mouseover] Healing Wave    etc etc etc.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2119 on: 27 Apr 2010, 18:36 »

Yeah, and if you're really uncomfortable doing your own macros you can always use Clique, which is basically a li'l GUI thingy that lets you get a lot of the same sort of functionality when combined with a good raid frame setup, particularly since Shamans don't use that many different heals that terribly often-- much of the time smart shaman healing depends on the order you do things and what cds you have available as opposed to spamming tons of different spells, so it's not really that terribly hard to set most of your get your workhorse spells onto your mouse if you really want to. I personally used to use a combination of both on my druid. I find pure click casting to be a pain in the ass when spamming one target (or casting hots while on the move) and I found mouse over macros to be annoying while hotting up the raid.  Whether click casting or mouse over plus keybind macros are superior is kind of a personal taste and class question, so while I really recommend giving them each a try, I would aldo stress not letting people give you too much shit over which way you go in the end.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2010, 19:12 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2120 on: 27 Apr 2010, 20:55 »

I still have 245 bracers fml.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2121 on: 27 Apr 2010, 21:57 »

I just always found mouseover/binding to be by far the most fluid and effective method of healing with my shaman.

Of course way back when I actually raid healed I was machine gunning brain heals at like 1.1 seconds to try to keep an entire raid alive, so flipping targets in a hurry was pretty essential.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2122 on: 28 Apr 2010, 03:38 »

Riptide and healing wave on the tank if he take big hit then resume mashing chain heal.

wut?

BRING DA MUTHA FUCKING RUCKUS
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Daruckus

I moved to Stormscale and Melville was not available so I had to change my name.

Wu tang clan reference. Yeah. When I bladestorm I still do /train but instead of yelling "LOL CHOPPABLE" or "FUCK YOU WARLOCK" or "GET READY FOR SKILL" I yell "BRING DA MOTHA FUCK'N RUCKUS!" like a boss.

My DK is probs gonna be my main in WotLK, since the only thing Warriors have (MS) is gonna get changed alot so there will be very few viable comps with warriors in. :(

Also rolling a hunter. Might RaF a few hybrids too.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2123 on: 28 Apr 2010, 13:30 »

I will have to check those out. Pretty much I'm leveling up as enhancement and healing when people need it. I doubt I'll stick with resto, because I'm leveling up a priest as well and also I've got my druid for when they get out to Northrend. My shaman has been great to solo with and does well in groups as dps, I just wasn't feeling the healing so much. But now I have the healing stream totem and another healing spell, so really, it's not as bad as it was before that. I'm just so used to HoTs (which are awesome).

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2124 on: 28 Apr 2010, 18:27 »

I just always found mouseover/binding to be by far the most fluid and effective method of healing with my shaman.

Of course way back when I actually raid healed I was machine gunning brain heals at like 1.1 seconds to try to keep an entire raid alive, so flipping targets in a hurry was pretty essential.

Yeah, like I said, I went with the hybrid approach on my druid since they use so many instant casts. I may not have keyboard turned with my druid, but I sure as hell did a lot of strafing and blindly running forward outta the fires, in which case I prefer to be able to at toss around rejuvs, lifebloom and wild growth without having to hit something on my keyboard, particularly if you have to pull off the ever annoying NS+HT/Regrowth while running outta the fire maneuver (Fuck firefighter, srsly). It helps that my mouse has 6 fairly easy to use buttons, so just casting by clicking directly on the raid frames isn't much of a drawback. Either way the game is still essentially whack-a-mole.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2010, 18:33 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2125 on: 28 Apr 2010, 20:23 »

Again, Sindragosa is such a bitch. Even her damned frost badge quest is a pain in the ass. Stupid dragon making me fly to wyrmrest.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2126 on: 29 Apr 2010, 19:19 »

Clockwork... you is on mah servers. WTF.

Re-rolled to pally, Danibear. If I am ever online, hit me up.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #2127 on: 30 Apr 2010, 01:50 »

1,5 hour to clear 11 bosses this wednesday, with 2 wipes du to freac accidents. If we don't take LK with 15% buff now, I'm going to stop playing and start designing furniture instead.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #2128 on: 30 Apr 2010, 04:32 »

Soz spending almost all my time on tourney realm atm since I need to l2p warclock. Melee classes just are not viable when casters can get DFO and Muradin's Spyglass.

1k res? nm I got 5500sp so my dots tick for 4k.

Cy@~~

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2129 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:37 »

I really love how easy it is to level skinning. Only took me a few hours today to get through 200+ levels of skinning so I can be ok to skin out in Outland on my DK.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2130 on: 01 May 2010, 16:56 »

I just thought I'd share one of my favorite things about WoW: The silly, over the top item names, and more specifically, the way my sister reacts to them (I never talked to her about the game before, really, but the South Park episode caused her to ask me if items really have names like that). So now I make it a point to tell her about any particularly egregious upgrades I get whenever we have lunch or talk on the phone, sort of like a conversational land mine-- I never say anything about the game beyond that one sentence, but every time it gets a reaction somewhere between amusement and revulsion. When I told her about how I have a spare Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies, she got this look on her face like someone had managed to somehow punch her directly in the ovaries. If only I had a camera ready at the time.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2010, 17:02 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #2131 on: 02 May 2010, 05:33 »

Tell her your mages are all looking for a dislodged foriegn object or some crap. Or say you spent 2 hours doing twins. So much to take ot of context.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2132 on: 03 May 2010, 19:54 »

It's children's week! I took around an Oracles orphan and it was all d'aww. Human children are boring, draenei children are cute, Dalaran orphans are win. I'll have to do the SW and Shatt quests again on my druid so I can go after the pets I don't have.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2133 on: 04 May 2010, 01:42 »

I did them for the pets again! I got the oracle (because I apparently didn't finish that off last year), Speedy and Peanut. I already have 'Matron' - the only event I have left until I get my violet proto is Midsummer.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2134 on: 04 May 2010, 05:55 »

I got Egbert and Mr. Wiggles previously, so on my DK I got Speedy and Peanut and my druid got the Oracle. Later on I'll redo the other quests with my druid so I can get the rat (forget his name) and Willy. I'll have to wait until next year to get all of them on one character.

Also I just realized there's a pet store in Dalaran and you can play fetch with some of your pets. I know it's pointless, but it kind of makes non-combat pets more fun.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2135 on: 04 May 2010, 10:58 »

I always just take the cash. I have a mimi head so it's not like I need another 310% speed mount anyway.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #2136 on: 06 May 2010, 20:56 »

Fuck, my account got hacked. There is a prompt for an authenticator code now, only I haven't bought one. All of my stuff is gone, isn't it? Blizzard's call center had like an hour long queue and I gave up after a while, took me 20 times to even get that. I emailed them, anyone have any idea how fast the turnaround is for this shit?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2137 on: 06 May 2010, 22:55 »

Emails take like a day at the very least to get back. Your best bet is probably to stick on the phone line.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2138 on: 07 May 2010, 06:03 »

Pretty sure you need to send them some ID too.

Authenticator ftw.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2139 on: 07 May 2010, 09:32 »

I haven't been hacked, but I had bug issues that got resolved through email pretty quickly. But since that is a lot more major, definitely call them.

Hopefully your characters don't get deleted and just end up naked in the middle of nowhere.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2140 on: 07 May 2010, 09:37 »

My guildmates who've been hacked didn't call in but rather used the other methods and they still typically got things sorted out in a week or two. The people I've talked to who went the phone route didn't seem to get things done appreciably faster.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2141 on: 07 May 2010, 19:08 »

Fuck, my account got hacked. There is a prompt for an authenticator code now, only I haven't bought one. All of my stuff is gone, isn't it? Blizzard's call center had like an hour long queue and I gave up after a while, took me 20 times to even get that. I emailed them, anyone have any idea how fast the turnaround is for this shit?

This happened to my boyfriend. He rang them, they removed to authenticator and all his stuff was still there. We still have no idea exactly what happened, but they fixed it, he just called them and they reversed it.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2142 on: 08 May 2010, 11:26 »

Well, I finally got through yesterday, they removed the authenticator and I've upgraded my computer's security by quite a bit, changed all my passwords, and have access to the game again. I didn't have any 80s with items that could be sold for any huge amount, all of my characters still have their armor. My 64 mage had his inventory cleaned out but it wasn't a huge loss, and my 59 DK alt that I never play on also had his inventory wiped, is two levels higher and in Zangarmarsh with about 200 broken carapaces in his inventory, so I figure they were just using him to farm since I didn't have anything of real value to them.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2143 on: 10 May 2010, 00:11 »

Been playing since 2005, have never changed my password, and have never been hacked.

I is special?

On another note, I'm considering race-changing my warrior from human to draenei.  However, I like the armor models on humans better, and the bug that makes weapons increase in size for human females when drawn is cool too (weapons shrink when draenei draw them :-( ).
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2144 on: 10 May 2010, 06:07 »

If you are fury think long and hard about it, expertise from swords/maces or 1% hit that anyone else in your raid can bring. Also PvP if you wanna be squishy but hit like a truck stay hooman, you will just probs get tunneled a little more in arena due to having like 150 less resilience.

I would say stick hooman, spacegoats piss me off.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2145 on: 10 May 2010, 13:00 »

Um, if you're hacked, does that affect your email? Because I can't log onto WoW and I can't log onto that email either.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2146 on: 10 May 2010, 13:51 »

What I'm guessing happened to me was a keylogger, since I found something through my anti-malware resembling one, so I don't think it had anything to do with my email,. If they hacked your email account and got your information that way, who knows. Once I finally got a hold of their phone support it was a quick matter of them reversing everything, but if they've got your email I'd attach a different email account to your battle.net ASAP, assuming you can get through and get shit fixed by 'em.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2147 on: 10 May 2010, 15:02 »

I sent them an email, the phone lines are really busy and have been for the past 2 hours. And I'm completely locked out of my hotmail now, so I'm going to have to switch it over to another email entirely.

And one of my friends logged on to see if my characters got on, and supposedly my druid is hanging out in the Storm Peaks and pops on and off. I told him to call the dude a douche, but he hasn't gotten any replies yet.

I am so buying an autheticator...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2148 on: 10 May 2010, 17:21 »

If you are fury think long and hard about it, expertise from swords/maces or 1% hit that anyone else in your raid can bring. Also PvP if you wanna be squishy but hit like a truck stay hooman, you will just probs get tunneled a little more in arena due to having like 150 less resilience.

I would say stick hooman, spacegoats piss me off.
I'm Arms, Prot offspec.  And I wouldn't be changing to help the char or the raid (seeing as I'm sort of a free agent/'mercenary' atm), it's more of an aesthetics thing.  And I haven't PvP'd in any serious form or way (other than for a couple of world event achievements) ever since they broke PvP by adding in resilience and arenas.

And draenei are win.  Don't even deny it :-P
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2149 on: 10 May 2010, 18:03 »

Finally got through to tech support and had my account transferred to a new email and I made a new password. I then promptly canceled my account because shortly after I changed my password, it got changed again. So I changed it a third time. I'm not bothering with this game anymore until I feel my account is safe, which means I'm probably buying an authenticator. Unless you guys don't think highly of them?

Damn it. I've been having fun recently with this since I've been leveling up with friends. Why do people have to be stupid?

In better news, though, even though the bags on my druid and shaman were pretty much emptied, they are now full of herbs. Herbs that are good sellers. Also, I'm only missing about 200g and all my characters still have their armor. They didn't even touch my DK. So, I have stuff and money, just different stuff and only slightly less money. I still don't really know how this happened, though, so I deleted all my addons.

Still can't get into my hotmail, though. No matter though, as it no longer has anything from Blizzard and the rest is all newsletters, shopping ads and junk.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 53   Go Up