THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 643605 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Jeph and WoW
« Reply #50 on: 10 Aug 2008, 19:46 »

The install itself doesn't take too long, but the patches take roughly forever to download here in the Australias.  I will probably install then copy the old WoW directory over the top of the new one, then patch up whatever has changed since I last played a couple months ago.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #51 on: 10 Aug 2008, 20:16 »

I started playing again. goddamnit

I've been playing this game on and off ever since it came out, and I've still never maxed out a character, my current one is highest yet, at 55. I've had something like 30 alts over the course of several years playing this damn game.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #52 on: 10 Aug 2008, 20:25 »

I would be playing it if I had no other ambitions in life

I think I should be slightly insulted by this. Should I?

No no, it is perfectly possible to enjoy the game and be a reasonably social, well-groomed person. Not for me, though. Once I get through gaining levels I just don't find the endgame rewarding enough unless I'm doing nightly raids with a well-tuned guild, which I simply cannot afford to do and eat my cake too. This is a personal insult, not a general one.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

SirHardHead

« Reply #53 on: 11 Aug 2008, 06:38 »

Allot of my friends and it seems the general censuses is that most people who have quit wow after getting a few 70's are going to play again "just to get to 80". It will be interesting to see how many people will get hooked again and how blizzard will take advantage of these guys who come back. However I must admit you can't have a Real Life and a WoW Life. It just doesn’t work.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #54 on: 11 Aug 2008, 06:55 »

Adunno, my girlfriend seems to be doing a rather decent job of balancing WoW, working, friends, a boyfriend and raising a toddler.

The thing a lot of people don't seem to be able to realize is that an MMO tends to be a lot more fulfilling if you don't spend eight hours a night on it. When you spend shit all amounts of time on it, you tend to plow through everything there is to do after a couple months.

I created an account last night. I've been contemplating trying WoW for a while now and since my girlfriend's already on there, I figured I'd take advantage of that recruitment drive they're doing and utilize that triple experience thing while I try it out.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

imagist42

« Reply #55 on: 11 Aug 2008, 08:01 »

Allot of my friends and it seems the general censuses is that most people who have quit wow after getting a few 70's are going to play again "just to get to 80". It will be interesting to see how many people will get hooked again and how blizzard will take advantage of these guys who come back. However I must admit you can't have a Real Life and a WoW Life. It just doesn’t work.

As I (think I) said, unless they drastically change the way their endgame works, they won't be able to keep me hooked more than 3-4 months (as long as I stuck around after TBC). All in all I haven't actually been playing WoW for more than a year, even though I was around at the beginning.

And your last statement is pretty retarded. I know plenty of people that balance going out and being social and having responsibility and such with playing WoW. My last roommate, half the people I work with, my cousin and his girlfriend (who are never even home at the same time to play with each other because he works nights now)... in fact out of everyone I know who plays WoW, I can only think of two who dedicate pretty much all their free time to it. I never said it's not possible to enjoy WoW at the same time as other things, I'm just saying that I, personally, can't do it.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #56 on: 11 Aug 2008, 10:27 »

Yeah, I really cannot enjoy myself at max level unless I am raiding, and raiding(when you are an officer in your guild) means babysitting everyone in the guild, helping them do instance runs to get gear, helping them farm mats, helping them with dailies (For future reference, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO A PROT WARRIOR THAT IT TAKES FOREVER TO DO YOUR DAILIES. He knows, oh yes, he knows) and still farming mats for the guildbank, your self, and making enough money to do repairs and still donate to the guild bank. It was fun as hell, don't get me wrong, but I didn't do anything else with my life.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #57 on: 11 Aug 2008, 16:06 »

I think i have some form of WoW ADD. I have a 62 rogue, two hunters in the high 40's, a preist in the low 40's and I'd say about 10 characters in the 20-40 range. I just get bored.

i think i have it too. i don't even have a single character at 40 and yet for some reason i feel it is necessary to make new ones.
i eventually started deleting some alts i made and never touched because it was just getting out of hand.

these are my remaining characters:

35 druid
18 hunter
12 pally
8 warrior
6 shaman

the sad thing is, i've only gotten into the game recently.
clearly it is eating my soul.  time to get back to leveling, guys.  (kidding....sort of)
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Leinad

« Reply #58 on: 11 Aug 2008, 17:16 »

It's okay, Jazz, go get your soul eaten.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #59 on: 11 Aug 2008, 18:37 »

for a long time I was wondering if I should get into WoW, I've played it a bit on my cousin's account a long time ago and the fun I had playing it was always counterbalanced by the fact that it had a magical ability to simply devour time, but I was slowly wavering closer and closer to "Fuck it, how bad can it be?". Now however I think I'll wait for Kotor Online and give that a try instead.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Leinad

« Reply #60 on: 11 Aug 2008, 19:53 »

don't give anything a try, they are all evil. And mean.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #61 on: 11 Aug 2008, 22:15 »

They are not evil.  I played WoW for about an hour or so at a time sometimes.  I know that I have a tendency to meander but I want to get to 70 or at least 60 asap so I set myself a bunch of stuff to do and stick to the plan, only deviating slightly if I see something fun to do.  This way I get a bunch of stuff done in the couple of hours play, feel accomplished & level up fairly quickly.  I got from 1 to low 50s in about a month playing this way.  I know you can level faster if you're hardcore about things, but when I compare it to my previous efforts it is astonishingly fast and very rewarding.

Nelgraf

« Reply #62 on: 12 Aug 2008, 00:01 »

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone here knows if Jeph still plays WoW, I remember reading a post a while ago saying he needed a healer in some server but that was quite some time ago. I didn't want to be rude and email him so am just asking here. thanks !

Hello everyone by the way.

-Nelgraf

Imnawtinsane

« Reply #63 on: 13 Aug 2008, 22:13 »

I'm Alliance on Arthas
70 Shadow Priest venge wep, s4, guardian gear
70 rogue
70 hunter
63 Druid (lazy lol)
I play red name=dead most often lol

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #64 on: 14 Aug 2008, 06:50 »

it's nice to see that most of you are more addicted to wow than i am  :lol:

also since my last post i have gotten my druid to 37 (thanks guild!) and my hunter to 19 (i can picture my hunter becoming my main soon cause i find them more fun)
and i've started making new characters again, what the hell.   my boyfriend was partially to blame cause he was all BLAH STOP PLAYING YOUR HORDE HUNTER BLAH JUST MAKE AN ALLIANCE HUNTER IF YOU LOVE THE CLASS SO MUCH.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2008, 06:52 by 20 jazz funk greats »

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #65 on: 14 Aug 2008, 08:25 »

Night elf hunters are, from what I remember, what I believe is technically called, The Shit.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

imagist42

« Reply #66 on: 14 Aug 2008, 08:27 »

That's why you roll dwarf.

I still love my inactive Tauren Hunter, though. Screw class-relevant racial abilities, he was large and in charge.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #67 on: 14 Aug 2008, 15:26 »

Between the health bonus and war stomp tauren is never really a bad choice.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #68 on: 14 Aug 2008, 16:48 »

I play a Dorf warrior.  Between that and Dorf Fortress Han seems to think I have a thing

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #69 on: 14 Aug 2008, 18:19 »

That is my plan once I get to about 60.  I am low 50s at the moment, and if I get back to playing I should hit 60 by the end of August.  Once I hit 60 I'm gonna take a break from the levelling & explore the "old world" properly before heading to Outworld.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #70 on: 14 Aug 2008, 19:15 »

I wish there were a server where all QC peeps played.

Stupid servers. All my friends are always on twenty different servers.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

imagist42

« Reply #71 on: 14 Aug 2008, 22:24 »

If Blizz wasn't a money whoring hobag they would offer free (infrequent) server transfers, I mean it's not gonna hurt them because either everything would balance out in the end or they'd just have to split some more popular servers, which they already have a history of doing anyway.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #72 on: 14 Aug 2008, 22:54 »

If Blizzard wasn't a money-whoring hobag they would let people play on whatever server they wanted like Dungeon Runners.

imagist42

« Reply #73 on: 14 Aug 2008, 23:17 »

That would kind of ruin guild competition and server specific events, which I find kind of fun. Dungeon Runners is a much more solo-oriented game than WoW.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #74 on: 15 Aug 2008, 00:25 »

I wish there were a server where all QC peeps played.

that would be kinda neat!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #75 on: 15 Aug 2008, 07:50 »

Agreed on the QC server thing. I'd be willing to move if other people were. My current guild is wearing thin on me.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #76 on: 15 Aug 2008, 11:42 »

Agreed on the QC server thing. I'd be willing to move if other people were. My current guild is wearing thin on me.

i actually like the guild i'm in quite a bit, and wouldn't wanna leave.
it'd just be nice to have people to quest with when my other friends aren't on.

i'd also be willing to move if you guys are serious about this idea.

Leinad

« Reply #77 on: 15 Aug 2008, 13:24 »

you don't have to move, just do what my old guild did when a bunch of us realized we liked PvP more than anything. We all just got on vent (if you don't own your own vent use your guild's vent when no one else is on so they don't realize you gave out the info. if your guild does not have vent, find a new guild) picked a server, and made toons on the same side and started a guild. Was pretty fun.

Statik

• Furry furrier
  • This is the art of ruin.
« Reply #78 on: 16 Aug 2008, 05:44 »

Yeah, I really cannot enjoy myself at max level unless I am raiding, and raiding(when you are an officer in your guild) means babysitting everyone in the guild, helping them do instance runs to get gear, helping them farm mats, helping them with dailies (For future reference, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO A PROT WARRIOR THAT IT TAKES FOREVER TO DO YOUR DAILIES. He knows, oh yes, he knows) and still farming mats for the guildbank, your self, and making enough money to do repairs and still donate to the guild bank. It was fun as hell, don't get me wrong, but I didn't do anything else with my life.

That.... that right there, thats why I fucking quit.  Because I knew I had that to look forward to.  Sorry to anyone who does find that enjoyable, but I do not.

More on topic:  End game pvp in WoW was boring.  I can only kill so many gnomes before it gets stupid.

Also:  If someone is being a dick (like corpse camping for a long long time) you CAN report them.  I should know, about a week before I quit the game, I was doing some questing on my level 20s warrior near southshore, got repeatedly ganked.  So, being a dick, I log onto my 70 warlock, and I go into Southshore, kill the guards, and climb on the roof of the inn.  I then proceed to fuck with every god damn person who comes into town. 
(Its pretty amusing seeing a level 25 or so get Seed of Corruption, then run into the Inn, blow up, and kill like five people).  Anyway, after an hour or so of that, I got a message from an admin, then a 24 hour ban.
Seems they dont like it when you "exploit" in order to "gank lowbies" and be "unkillable" blah blah blah...

EDIT:
I feel I should also mention that a lot of the low level pvp starts because someone attempts to pvp with a similarly leveled person in a low level zone, and no matter who started it, the loser tends to go crying to their guild of level 70s to come back them up.  This did happen to me shortly before I quit, I was leveling my warrior... somewhere, and some dude comes up behind me while I am killing something, I finish the beast off, then turn around and proceed to beat the other PC into tar.  I think nothing of it beyond "LOL I win" or w/e, then ten minutes later I have a level 70 corpse camping me.  Relog onto my 'lock, and corpse camp the 70 and the XX (whatever level the lower person was).  Then they call in more guildies/friends, so I call in more guildies/friends, and it ends up being a giant fucking brawl, which is pretty cool.

Another fun pvp experience - a group of level 55-70s tried to raid thunder bluff later at night.  And unfortunately, while you cannot fear someone off of a cliff, you apparently can/could mind control them off of the cliff.  A shadow priest friend just did that for a bit usually after I ran into the middle of them and feared them all.  I don't really think they came planned for the fact that you kinda have to ride an elevator up to the city, and while you are running around stupid on your little elevator, all the mages and locks have to do is rain fire and ice down on you.  Rather amusing.  Also the fact that they brough 55s to a city raid.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2008, 06:22 by Statik »
Quote from: Black Label Society
Where I fall and where I rise, I couldn't give a damn
Another shot, another beer is all that I have planned...

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #79 on: 16 Aug 2008, 09:22 »

you don't have to move, just do what my old guild did when a bunch of us realized we liked PvP more than anything. We all just got on vent (if you don't own your own vent use your guild's vent when no one else is on so they don't realize you gave out the info. if your guild does not have vent, find a new guild) picked a server, and made toons on the same side and started a guild. Was pretty fun.

hmmmm. i am not sure whether we have vent, i'll have to look into it.
also it might be hard to find a time when absolutely no one is on.

now for a bit of rant of my own.

you know what i hate? lazy people in instances.  if you're a fucking healer, stop cybering with your hawt night elf girlfriend and heal.  yes i can technically do it,  but my druid is feral, not resto, so why the fuck do i end up doing it most of the time? it is my least favorite thing. it stresses me out cause people will flip out at you if you are not able to heal cause you got stunned or something and their weak ass dies.

also, anyone who ditches without a valid reason? fuck you too.
and anyone who only runs until they get what they need and doesn't care whether the group can finish without them. stop being so damn selfish.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #80 on: 16 Aug 2008, 10:47 »

oh, i try to whenever possible.
but when there are no people around my level on, or i can't get a 70 to run me, or i'm playing my horde characters i have to resort to lfg. which can be pretty sucky sometimes.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #81 on: 16 Aug 2008, 10:51 »

US

Leinad

« Reply #82 on: 16 Aug 2008, 11:00 »

Yeah, I got to the level where whenever I would PUG I could just straight up tell people they were not good enough, gtfo. And out of the 10-20 heroics I would do a weak, one of them would be a pug. All the other times it would be completely with guildies, which rocks.

And as for quitting once you get your shit: once you get to 70 and start doing heroics, there are always badges of justice and Primal Nethers that drop from bosses, so people will stay in the instance til the end because there is ALWAYS something in it for them.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #83 on: 17 Aug 2008, 00:54 »

See, none of that shit interests me all that much.  I just want to run about and have fun.  I was in a raiding guild in EQ.  It was fun for about maybe 10 mins of a 3 hour raid, the rest was clearing trash, setup, recovering from wipes, etc which was mundane as all getout.  By contrast I am the guy that when he gets to 70 will go back and make sure that all his weapon and shield skills are maxed, then maybe go do some harvesting for tradeskills, explore the parts of the world that I didn't get to see while leveling up, etc.  Then when I've done all that I'll probably freeze my account and wait for the expansion if it isn't out already by that point.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #84 on: 17 Aug 2008, 05:25 »

Also, from the conversation in the WAR thread about using PvP rewards for PvE, I think that it is a very good way for casual players to get fairly decent gear to use in PvE.  I know that there is always a bunch of gear around your level that you can get from instances and such, but there's always gonna be people like me who a. like a bit of variety in their playing, so play some PvP every so often to mix things up a bit anyway and they may as well save the tokens up for something and b. really really really fucking hate PUG instancing and don't have the time available to join a "proper" guild.

At the moment I play WoW mainly by myself.  I play it this way because I've found that guildies expect me to drop everything to come and help them, and they expose me to an unmitigated shitstream of bullshit drama in chat.  Even when I've been in a guild with workmates and/or friends there's been situations where I've had maybe an hour or two to play and 1/2 to 2/3 or the time has been taken up doing stupid shit for guildies who've said it'd "only take a second".  Due to this I find PvP rewards pretty appealing.  I can drop into a battleground for a bit, get a few tokens, put them in the bank.  Then when I have enough to get something interesting I do.  Simple!

Leinad

« Reply #85 on: 17 Aug 2008, 13:22 »

Yeah, PvP rewards are definitely great for a soloing player, but to be honest if I wanted to play by myself I would not have played WoW. The only reason I found it so addicting was the constant human interaction, which was totally awesome for me. But for a player who wants to advance through the endgame content you will end up with much better weapons by doing PvE than by doing PvP.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #86 on: 17 Aug 2008, 16:06 »

okay time for another one of my rants.
when i am playing wow solo i do not want people who know even less than i do "helping" me.
i like exploring and figuring stuff out on my own, thanks.  nor do i want to be given stuff simply based on the fact that i am a real girl playing a computer game! now, if you wanted to buy me time cards that's a different story  :wink:

also guys, i ended up deleting my 39 druid. she was pretty well geared and had a lot of gold, but i just wasn't having fun playing the class anymore (for reasons previously mentioned) so i donated my gold/non-soulbound items to my guild (which ended up getting my alt promoted, and i feel a little odd about it since i haven't contributed THAT much to the guild otherwise)

i wonder if i'm gonna end up regretting this.

Leinad

« Reply #87 on: 17 Aug 2008, 16:10 »

All I can say is that, at times, I seriously HATED with a passion playing my warrior. But just stick it out, any class is fun once you get to 70 and you will have a lot more experience if you ever want to roll another toon. It will make it a lot easier to level up another character because you will have more resources and more knowldedge. For awhile I hated my warrior so bad it was not even funny. But stick it out and keep on rolling, you will get there. Once I got to 70 I was having tons of fun with my warrior, a good half of it just because he was 70, the other being I really like to tank. So just go to 70 with one toon even if you hate it at some point, you won't regret it at 70.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #88 on: 17 Aug 2008, 17:06 »

Man, no.  Fuck that.  There is no way I would continue to play a toon that I don't feel right playing just so that I can get it to 70.  It'd still be a character I don't want to play, it'd just be level 70 and a few months wasted.  If a game isn't fun any more I stop playing, at least for a little while until I can figure out if I want to quit for good.  I already have two jobs.  If I wanted a third that I'm not paid for I'd go volunteer someplace.  For me games are about escapism, mucking about and having fun.  That is another reason why I avoid big guilds and raiding.  After a while the raid guilds I've been in tend to feel like work.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #89 on: 17 Aug 2008, 19:50 »

okay time for another one of my rants.
when i am playing wow solo i do not want people who know even less than i do "helping" me.
i like exploring and figuring stuff out on my own, thanks.  nor do i want to be given stuff simply based on the fact that i am a real girl playing a computer game! now, if you wanted to buy me time cards that's a different story  :wink:

also guys, i ended up deleting my 39 druid. she was pretty well geared and had a lot of gold, but i just wasn't having fun playing the class anymore (for reasons previously mentioned) so i donated my gold/non-soulbound items to my guild (which ended up getting my alt promoted, and i feel a little odd about it since i haven't contributed THAT much to the guild otherwise)

i wonder if i'm gonna end up regretting this.

You deleted your druid right before they start to get fun. Druid is a pretty tough class to level but once you hit 50 it gets pretty fun. If you are levelling as Feral, Mangle basically makes it a whole new game. You kill things super quickly.

Also, you will never get to be a laser chicken.

Leinad

« Reply #90 on: 18 Aug 2008, 00:48 »

@Est: I didn't add a few things. There were certain points I hated leveling my warrior simply because I was getting a little tired of the same old same old, but there were other times when I was having a blast. For warriors, at least, there really are AWESOME times to level, and sucky times to level. Some regions combine to make leveling hell, where as others combine to make leveling a pretty damn fun time. This happens with every class, and the times you hate it you just gotta try to find a way around that area or just plow through it. This happens in a lot of MMORPGs and can't really avoid it.

CcAgan

« Reply #91 on: 18 Aug 2008, 07:51 »

I am the GM of a raiding guild just pressing into Battle for Mount Hyjal(3/5) and Black Temple(3/9), and one of our goals is to enjoy end game with out that "hard core" way of doing things.  It has taken alot of testing and shifting of things to make that actually happen.  We only raid three nights a week in progression content (which means progression is slow), but this has allowed us to keep burn out from happening.  There are a ton of normal folks who are not on unless its raid night, and most of them enjoy a normal life since we dont raid on friday or saturday nights.  We have found that sat/sun mornings are best for kara badge farming, and we even will host the occational gruuls or mags pug raid with great success on off nights.

We also have an adults only membership rule and that has kept loot drama down.  Believe it or not we just /roll on loot and people understand that they should not be greedy and give some one else a shot if they got an item that week.

Alliance on Hydraxis server US.
70 Paly with Prot and Holy PVE sets, and Ret PVP set.
70 Frost Mage PVE Only
70 Resto Druid PVP Only

Yakob

« Reply #92 on: 18 Aug 2008, 07:57 »

@Est: I didn't add a few things. There were certain points I hated leveling my warrior simply because I was getting a little tired of the same old same old, but there were other times when I was having a blast. For warriors, at least, there really are AWESOME times to level, and sucky times to level. Some regions combine to make leveling hell, where as others combine to make leveling a pretty damn fun time. This happens with every class, and the times you hate it you just gotta try to find a way around that area or just plow through it. This happens in a lot of MMORPGs and can't really avoid it.

I enjoy every minute of playing my rogue. So there!

We also have an adults only membership rule and that has kept loot drama down. 

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. Any adult can be just as bad or worse in the noob/"drama" department as any teenager. Likewise, there are plenty of mature teenagers that could outplay someone twice their age any day.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #93 on: 18 Aug 2008, 08:45 »

Any adult can be as bad, but in my experience there's a larger percentage of teenagers that will bring drama or rudeness. I hate to say it, since it makes me sound old as dirt, but until you've lived through both your teen years AND some adult years, it's kind of hard to judge accurately since you simply don't have the experience of looking at it from both sides of the fence.

The most glaring thing I've taken away from moving from teenage life to adult life is that teenagers do tend to be the more dramatic sort when it boils down. Welcome to hormones.
JON MADE ME GAY

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #94 on: 18 Aug 2008, 10:36 »

I find the law of averages bears out in all things. Put a guild of teenagers together and a guild of adults together and the odds lean heavily towards the teenagers being more likely to be jerks. That said, no average is an absolute and that won't stop one from running across a guild full of absolute prick 20-somethings or a guild full of thirteen year olds who are friendly, courteous and incredibly mature.
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

« Reply #95 on: 18 Aug 2008, 10:49 »

Our guild was run by a married couple and half the other officers where married couples. It was wierd being one of TWO single teenagers who were officers. The guild I was in before THAT was run by a married couple, and our sister guild was run by a married couple. What the hell is going on???

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #96 on: 18 Aug 2008, 10:59 »

Wait, wait, what? Did the dude's wife go into labor mid-raid or something?

Edit: I'm now compelled to ask Rachel if anything like this happened to her. She's mentioned she was big into the game during her pregnancy since she couldn't really do much else.
JON MADE ME GAY

CcAgan

« Reply #97 on: 18 Aug 2008, 11:35 »

We also have an adults only membership rule and that has kept loot drama down. 

That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while. Any adult can be just as bad or worse in the noob/"drama" department as any teenager. Likewise, there are plenty of mature teenagers that could outplay someone twice their age any day.

We have made a few exceptions for people we had leveled up and guilded with before who we knew were mature and could handle them selves well enough.  In fact our raid leader is 16 (and in a Navy family which has proven a great source of his leadership ability) and does a great job, however we screen new members and shy away from bringing in people who dont understand the demands of family and work.  At least we are not sexist as well and don't have a "you must have a penis to be in our guild" rule.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #98 on: 18 Aug 2008, 15:04 »

boo. I need someone to play with.

would it be possible for me to make another character on a european server?

as for "adult-only" guilds, i think that's pretty silly. the one i'm in doesn't have any official minimum age requirement and there's been no drama that i know of. well, we used to have this one noob chick in the guild that was a whiny attention whore that kept on asking people to powerlevel her and kept bragging about the progress she was making in her professions and about crappy green items that she found while questing and kept drawing attention to the fact that she was a real girl, teehee. 
also, apparently some dude gave her 1000g (or more, i don't recall) for no reason.  i am still convinced that she bought the gold cause she was too damn impatient to earn it herself.  eventually she left because the guild wasn't active/social enough for her liking.  :roll:  we are social. we just got sick of your drugged up rambling (the reason she got into wow was cause she broke her leg and sometimes she would take too many painkillers and act even more retarded than usual) and started ignoring you.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #99 on: 18 Aug 2008, 16:04 »

bah.  more lag? no thanks.
looks like i'm gonna have to find other people to play with. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 53   Go Up