THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hannelore??  (Read 48721 times)

Ipskaya

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Hannelore??
« Reply #50 on: 18 Aug 2008, 13:40 »

I have to agree with the original post's basic point:

When did Hannelore become so gullible?

Ever since her pregnancy "scare" I've been wondering where and when she lost her common sense. Possibly the most interesting character has become nothing more than panic-induced comic relief.

I was about to say, "Yeah, things have been going downhill since the pregnancy scare," but then I looked at all of the comics between then and the Worry Hat arc, and I like Hanners in most of them. (Especially the Mr. Clean one and the dream sequence arc.) I felt that some were kind of "eh," but that nothing was over-the-top; she doesn't especially seem to lack common sense in most of them. (Any more so than she ever did.)

I just haven't been enjoying the Worry Hat arc too much. There have been enough "Hanners worrying over nothing" strips already, so new strips with that theme feel worn out, and the whole thing seemed predictable. Hanners freaking out about blood to the point where she throws out anything with a bloodstain on it is over-the-top even for her character. And as someone pointed out in the WCT thread, Tai is pulling a Faye in that Faye tried to frighten new Coffee of Doom employees with stories about giant coffee spiders (and succeeded with Raven). Gullibility is one of Raven's characteristics, not Hanners's.

Maybe Jeph is morphing Hanners into Raven, since we never see Raven anymore.

I think the visit from her mother may have accelerated her self-infantilism. While I do think the current Hannelore who can't cope with a minor scalp laceration and who goes catatonic when informed of the reason she shouldn't play drums in a mid-thigh skirt is hyper cute, on the verge of being kawai, I'd like to see her make some breakthroughs in coping with her OCD with her therapist, like Faye is.

She has made some breakthroughs in coping with her OCD. She's made friends and spends time with them instead of spending all of her time cleaning. In one strip, Marten asked her to have dinner with him and some others, and at first she answered, "No, I have to clean." Then she changed her mind because she remembered that her therapist told her that she shouldn't let her OCD get in the way of her socializing.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #51 on: 18 Aug 2008, 17:22 »

And then she went up in front of a big crowd and sang at open mic night.

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #52 on: 19 Aug 2008, 05:17 »

Tai forgot to mention the Vashta Nerada.

Yeah, but how do we know that the books came from a forest where the Vashta Nerada lived?

viatriphop

• Emoticontraindication
  • ~ wah wha wha
    • ~~~
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 07:38 by viatriphop »
~~~~~

viatriphop

• Emoticontraindication
  • ~ wah wha wha
    • ~~~
« Reply #54 on: 19 Aug 2008, 08:03 »

OR THE MORE SERIOUS APPROACH

[img width= height=]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3720/heygirlpy4.jpg[/img]
SORRY GUYS ITS JUST SO ADDICTIVE

[CAPS LOX]
~~~~~

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh, I was surprised to see you there!
    • Girl, whats yo MySpace?
« Reply #55 on: 19 Aug 2008, 08:52 »

oh sweet lord that was hilarious.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
Sigh. This again....
« Reply #56 on: 19 Aug 2008, 09:19 »

Maybe you should shut it. And if you don't like where the comic is going, stop reading it. I mean, like, now-ish. Maybe you should just get knocked up to fill up your free time, no?

(not to be mean, but seriously. stop bitching)

This is a forum. Discussions happen here. Discussions are not always fawning adulation and praise--sometimes they involve criticism, complaint, and yes, bitching.

Bitching at someone about bitching is hypocritical in the extreme.

Unless you are a mod, telling someone to shut up in a discussion forum is antithetical to the purpose of both discussions and forums.

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Sigh. This again....
« Reply #57 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:02 »

Maybe you should shut it. And if you don't like where the comic is going, stop reading it. I mean, like, now-ish. Maybe you should just get knocked up to fill up your free time, no?

(not to be mean, but seriously. stop bitching)

This is a forum. Discussions happen here. Discussions are not always fawning adulation and praise--sometimes they involve criticism, complaint, and yes, bitching.

Unless you are a mod, telling someone to shut up in a discussion forum is antithetical to the purpose of both discussions and forums.

Ok, I understand. And I apologize. And that was also one of my first posts. And I was already told to watch the tone.
And as far as I can see, you're bitching at me about bitching about bitching. And if you aren't, I don't understand the point of you attempting to reprimand for something that was resolved. Or did you just not read a couple posts later?

Also, I am pretty sure I am not the only person in the forum who isn't a mod and has told someone to shut up. But I digress, I am sorry for doing so. And I haven't done so since. I apologize for using the word "and" way too much, everyone.

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #58 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:14 »

I know. It's pretty bad. Sorry about that. I get defensive sometimes.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
Re: Sigh. This again....
« Reply #59 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:19 »

Ok, I understand. And I apologize. And that was also one of my first posts. And I was already told to watch the tone.

That's good. But the post, though quoting you, was not for you solely. Both the complaining about complaining and the "love it or be silent" demands are chronic here. Every once in a while, people need to be reminded about the purpose of forums, and your post happened to be the trigger point this time.

And as far as I can see, you're bitching at me about bitching about bitching. And if you aren't, I don't understand the point of you attempting to reprimand for something that was resolved. Or did you just not read a couple posts later?

There's a difference between complaining and explaining, both in tone and function. The former ascribes negative value to an action, and the latter describes the action's consequence. And as I have said, this is not merely about you, and I apologize if I have allowed you to come to that conclusion.

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #60 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:24 »

Apology accepted. Seeing as how it was a direct quote from me, and there was no one else quoted I came to the conclusion that I was being punished for a mistake that I made. Which is fine. I agree with you, and again, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean, but the whole point of this thread (in the very beginning) was to basically trash Hanners. And I was just trying to go to the opposite extreme of what was first said. My bad.

Ok, fight's over, shower up!

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #61 on: 19 Aug 2008, 15:28 »

I know. It's pretty bad. Sorry about that. I get defensive sometimes.

Relax, I'm just joking! I was just being silly. Honest. You are okay.

I know, its cool. I have the flu and I am a little delirious today. So I have been taking things personally. Ha. Oh man, I need to not have a fever.

Usually I'm so sarcastic and today I can't even pick up on sarcasm.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm alright, yo.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #62 on: 19 Aug 2008, 17:40 »

For the person who asked if there is birth control that stops your period completely: why yes, yes there is. (a) Lots of women take one of the major brand mixed pills and skip the sugar pills so no bleeding. Also, many women (like me!) get no period on the progesterone-only pill. Wooooo.

Plus yeah, I'm over the ditzy-cute Hanners stuff. I did find the worry hat cute though. *shrug* Cause you all needed to know my opinion :lol:

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #63 on: 19 Aug 2008, 18:06 »

Jeph is right (twitter comment).  Definitely the best Hannelore look-alike ever.

www.tinyurl.com/6h63w3
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 18:08 by celticgeek »
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #64 on: 19 Aug 2008, 19:20 »

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #65 on: 19 Aug 2008, 19:31 »

No, bunnyThor, you've misunderstood everything. This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

LESS TYPING ABOUT THE FORUM

MORE TYPING ABOUT HOW PRETTY I AM

(I am so pretty)
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

MissZahrah

« Reply #66 on: 19 Aug 2008, 19:33 »

No, bunnyThor, you've misunderstood everything. This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

(I am so pretty)

Were I unwed I would take you in a [wo]manly fashion.

Because you're pretty.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #67 on: 19 Aug 2008, 19:43 »

(I am so pretty)

You got a real purdy mouth.

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
« Reply #68 on: 19 Aug 2008, 20:10 »

(I am so pretty)

Because you're pretty.

And witty.

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #69 on: 19 Aug 2008, 20:16 »

(I am so pretty)

Because you're pretty.

And witty.

And Bright

Plus Your bird tats are the hottest thing ever
This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #70 on: 20 Aug 2008, 06:45 »

(I am so pretty)

Pretty or petty, I get the two confused at times.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #71 on: 20 Aug 2008, 09:17 »

* britMonster smiles. I just watched that one yesterday!
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

HellStorm

« Reply #72 on: 20 Aug 2008, 13:46 »

It's pretty awesome.

After that one, I refused to go to the library for ages =[

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #73 on: 20 Aug 2008, 15:13 »

Oh wow, I didn't realize that a "/ me" was going to work. This forum just got cooler. Also, yeah. . . I slept with my lights on last night.
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

HellStorm

« Reply #74 on: 20 Aug 2008, 15:20 »

I also was scared like hell after the statues one 'Don't Blink' or something. I went to Dublin the next day. Do you have any idea how many statues there are in Dublin? D:

HellStorm

« Reply #75 on: 20 Aug 2008, 17:33 »

Lol that would scare the hell outta me :[
I refuse to have any form of statue in any part of my house unless it is a gnome or something similar. Because you spell gnome funny, so it can't be a bad thing =]

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #76 on: 20 Aug 2008, 19:37 »

Oh man, how do we turn that shit off?

HellStorm

« Reply #77 on: 21 Aug 2008, 04:07 »

My dog can't see our lawn gnome without snarling and barking-- I'm afraid its one of THEM.

Scary :[ But tbh what would a garden gnowe do? I don't imagine they could run very fast

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #78 on: 21 Aug 2008, 16:00 »

They don't need to run; they ride plastic flamingos.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #79 on: 21 Aug 2008, 16:05 »

I once had a plastic heron next to a pond.  It was as naff as hell, but it actually stopped the real heron coming to take the fish, which nothing else had managed to do.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

HellStorm

« Reply #80 on: 22 Aug 2008, 01:03 »

Our old next door neighbour told us when we came home after a huge road trip that she had watched in total amazement a heron coming and eating half of our koi carp -.-'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up