THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skateboarding?  (Read 7819 times)

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
Re: Skateboarding?
« Reply #50 on: 04 Sep 2008, 21:27 »

I think its because there's way too many people with popped collars cruising around on them.  But seriously <3 longboarding.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #51 on: 04 Sep 2008, 22:11 »

A friend of mine takes his Mountain Board to the park sometimes.

It usually ends the same way.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #52 on: 05 Sep 2008, 02:44 »

For the first time in years I skated every night for the last week in a retail park car park. I can jump over 2 stacked 6packs of coke, or a 40oz bottle (emptied in my tummy before jumping) but still suck at anything more than jumping shit. Makes me happy though.

I remember being suckier than I am.

Only problem is people come in at 11pm and park there cars and just sit there.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #53 on: 09 Sep 2008, 02:59 »

When I was at school in Vancouver, I joined a group of longboarders who bombed a 6-level parkade when it was wet outside and a 3-mile hill going all the way from the campus to the beach at night. I got most of my road rash there, I learned how to longboard mostly drunk and / or high and it was absolutely brilliant.

On Saturday nights when it was raining, the parkade was packed with between 40 and 100 longboarders racing down the spirals, playing longboard hockey in the basement floor, playing music and having a raunchy good time. So good a time in fact that when campus security showed up, they usually cruised through the parkade once, then left and radioed for police support to disperse the crowd of no-gooders.
I miss that parkade.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #54 on: 09 Sep 2008, 06:47 »

Interesting fact:

I used to stereotype skateboarders into the kind of people i would not hang out with. Not so much because they were dumb, just because skateboarders were like teenage bikers or punks. The kind of kids who spent their weekends practicing in Martin Place.
When I found out some of my 20 something uni friends skateboarded, I realised they were normal people who were also actually smart. Now I find skateboarding kind of cool. Especially when the guys on them are hot.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

HammyDavisJr

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #55 on: 09 Sep 2008, 08:33 »

I've been skating for over 20 years.

Old Balls!

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #56 on: 09 Sep 2008, 09:13 »

Yeah my hometown Regina SK is i the the prairies with nary a hill to be found so we would crash the Cornwall or Sasktel parkades since they were the only things you could get bombing speed on.  The odd time we would go around parking lots or streets getting dragged behind a buddies car but that usually sounded better than it looked.  Then theres always the Sheet-Sail on a windy day.

pentaen

• Furry furrier
« Reply #57 on: 09 Sep 2008, 13:17 »

i don't like skateboarding i think its too flashy, why cant kids these days play more modest games like cribbage? Tony hawk is just a professional show off...

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #58 on: 09 Sep 2008, 13:19 »

Screw cribbage, play pinochle. Pinochle is totally going to be the next hip trend amongst the college crowd.

And I will be right in the middle of it.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #59 on: 10 Sep 2008, 05:32 »

I like cribbage!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #60 on: 10 Sep 2008, 05:47 »

I like carrots.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #61 on: 10 Sep 2008, 09:53 »

Not so much. Same goes for peas.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #62 on: 11 Sep 2008, 05:48 »

I go to unit 23 for the first time on Saturday, will be the first skatepark I have been to since the third VANS skate park I visited many years ago :/

I am gonna faaaaalll...
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #63 on: 11 Sep 2008, 11:19 »

so now that it's fall and the days are getting shorter, i happen to get off work right when the sun is setting at it's brightest and the other day i went to the skatepark like i always do when i get off work but i went to roll in, the sun was shining right into my eyes and i literally went blind for second and ate shit.

now my wrist hurts and that was like 2 days ago. stupid fucking autumn sun.

in other news, my friend Tj and I are going to try to rent a house with a barn or shop this winter (if we can find a cheap one) so that we can build a ramp to skate when it's snowing and raining and shitting outside. i'm excited. i love miniramps.

P.S.
Behold: Richie Jackson. Also, check out his part in the new Transworld video "And Now" because he slays and the rest of the video is pretty good too.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #64 on: 11 Sep 2008, 17:15 »

God I wish I could build a miniramp. Maybe next summer.

Man, I haven't been keeping up with the skate world for like two years, there's all this new blood I got no idea about! And people are all switching companies and I'm so confused when I look at the skate magazines...
it's time to stop posting

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #65 on: 11 Sep 2008, 19:33 »

Here is a video of one of my friends, he's the kid with the dreads.  His sponsor just released a video, here's a promo reel.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #66 on: 23 Sep 2008, 11:01 »

Just got my longboard shipped to me today finally (its been since end of May since Ive had it).  And skated down to the boardshop and got some randal red bushings since the day I got my randals I cut up the original bushings and had to use regular skate ones (le suck).  But going from a prairie town to a hilly town is kinda scary, having to stop in the middle of traffic while going downhill will take some getting used to, and I fucking HATE heel breaking, it ruins shoes in like 2 days.

geffyb

• Plantmonster
« Reply #67 on: 25 Sep 2008, 08:51 »

Been skating off and on since I was 6. Had a mini-ramp in my backyard all threwout highschool, it did irreparable damage to my shins on the comping. I occasionally visit a park just to cruise around and pump the transitions, always relaxes me.

P.S.
Behold: Richie Jackson. Also, check out his part in the new Transworld video "And Now" because he slays and the rest of the video is pretty good too.

Holy Shit.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #68 on: 06 Oct 2008, 10:42 »

it's too bad people look down on inline so much. why is that anyway?
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #69 on: 06 Oct 2008, 12:40 »

Well have you ever seen someone like this skateboarding?  Yeah, inline needs to be taken back before it'll not be shunned.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #70 on: 07 Oct 2008, 23:45 »

damn it yeah, people need to stop thinking of inline as... well, that picture.

GnarlsBroccoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #71 on: 08 Oct 2008, 12:13 »

I used to skate almost every day back in highschool until most of my friends either progressed to handrails (which I wasn't down with doing) or just stopped skating in general.  I still skate occasionally now and stick to the knee-high rule for the sake of my joints: Don't skate anything much higher than my knees.  Except for mini ramps, of course.  The local shop just put one in so hopefully that'll be a good time.

Now I've really gotten into in snowboarding went up.  It has the same amazing relaxing qualities and is a ton of fun.  Also, it's a little less intimidating hucking yourself off a huge jump or down a rail knowing your not gonna land on concrete.  Needless to say, I cannot wait for the white stuff to start falling.

Still, nothing beats cruising around downtown on an autumn night with some good tunes in your headphones.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #72 on: 08 Oct 2008, 12:32 »

Of course it looks cool when you make it look that goddamn effortless.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #73 on: 08 Oct 2008, 12:40 »

God they get so much air. It is insane.

Also, German commentators lol.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #74 on: 09 Oct 2008, 22:04 »

Dude, Eito Yasutoko is awesome. I'd like to see skateboarders do double 180 backflips (I know you shouldn't really compare the two like that, but whatever.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up