THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 19:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 86737 times)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Re: Heroes
« Reply #300 on: 12 Mar 2009, 18:59 »

Micah was incredibly intelligent for his age though.

Also, a friend of me just pointed out that Nathan was putting a lot of emphasis on the word 'hope' right after hope was flashed on the computer screen. So if he's in custody, which would make sense, Nathan might be using him.

I dunno. Layers upon Layers.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #301 on: 12 Mar 2009, 23:10 »

Sorry Jon Hana's dead

Also nathan said that they only had one prisioner when the woman was investigating if he should continue to recieve funding. And I really can't see him working both sides from the biggining.

My bet, Mrs Patrelli is working with miccah and maybe molly as well. We know she's working against Nathan it would have been easy for her to destroy any of the primatech files before they were given to the government and she would have chosen allies that nathan wouldn't consider a threat. Consider the combination of powers - Angela dreams that young matt parkman (I'm assuming that he is the child matt's former wife was expecting series 1) will be important, Molly does her thing to find out exactly where he is and Miccah asks a fax machine to send a fax with the relevent details to somewhere hiro will find it.

« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2009, 23:44 by axerton »
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #302 on: 13 Mar 2009, 10:00 »

That's pretty open ended and not the slightest bit conclusive, especially considering Hana's last words in the comic (Though mis-spelled, it's supposed to be phir milinge) translate to "we'll meet again, Drucker." A quick google search clarifies this.

As ridiculous as her storyline would be if we included the comic continuity and made some claim of her coming back, it would still be at least slightly less ridiculous than the idea of two barely adolescent children managing to outwit an entire government operation for a prolonged period of time.

Rebel is clearly working on their own, autonomous from Nathan and Noah. I'm a good 90% certain that it is NOT Micah. They wrote him out for a clear and obvious reason (The same reason Molly was written out and why Walt was written out of Lost) and I doubt they'll write him back in.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #303 on: 13 Mar 2009, 15:18 »

They wrote him out for a clear and obvious reason (The same reason Molly was written out and why Walt was written out of Lost) and I doubt they'll write him back in.

Because everyone hates tweens?  Anyway, Nikki was a way douchier character and they managed to bring her back in some form.  Micah was fairly popular and showed a high level of responsibility for his age, why couldnt he be rebel.  He was both smart and capable as a little kid, as a youth Id imagine he would be more-so.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #304 on: 13 Mar 2009, 15:47 »

I think the reason that jon is reffering to is that the actors would out age their characters.
But the writers have said that Micah will be coming back this volume.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #305 on: 13 Mar 2009, 17:31 »

Axerton nailed it. Shows like this tend to go through child characters quickly because of how hard it is to explain when they start shooting up like weeds. Lost is an ideal example as one of the central characters from season one has grown a good foot since the show started and his voice has changed dramatically.
JON MADE ME GAY

thepugs

« Reply #306 on: 14 Mar 2009, 09:24 »

I doubt at this point they'll be introducing another character as Rebel, so working from the perspective that it's probably either Micah or Gitelman, why not both?

It's already been announced that Micah will be back this volume, which will satisfy the average viewer, but the addition of Gitelman solves to me the problems with having Micah alone be Rebel.  My official prediction is both of them.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #307 on: 14 Mar 2009, 09:43 »

I don't know if they'd add a purely web-based character though. Have they done it before? I know they've done it the other way around, but I don't remember a web character coming onto the TV show.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #308 on: 14 Mar 2009, 09:54 »

To be fair, Gitelman wasn't purely web based. She first appeared in season 1 working with Ted Sprague to bring down the company, remember? Shit, her season 1 M.O. was practically identical to Rebel's. While I'm fine with Micah coming back, I really feel that having him turn out to be Rebel would be majorly dropping the ball.
JON MADE ME GAY

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #309 on: 14 Mar 2009, 13:19 »

Well, stupid shit has happened before but I still hope that they're truly above that now.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #310 on: 14 Mar 2009, 15:12 »

While I'm still saying that it's probbaly Angela Patrelli with the help of Micah and Molly, I think that Micah alone as reble could be done in such a way to make it at least mostly believeable. Imagine; Micah is sitting at home one day "talking" to his computer and for some reason or other he stumbles across his own name and detalis in the online government files. He then 'asks' for them to be deleated and spends the next few days/weeks (however long the time is between the abductions and when rebel first starts sending messages) studying these government files - remember he wouldn't even have to try to hack through government security, he has been seen using his phone to casually ask traffic lights to change - and then he decides that he's got to do something about it (he's always said they should use their powers to be heroes) from there he hacks into CCTV so that he can have eyes everywhere and from there has started pushing people togeather so that they can fight back.

I mean, what has reble actually done? So far he's sent  few inspirational text messages. Told Clair to go save Alex - which would have been the obvious thing to do for anyone who's had a good look at the goverment's files "hmm they're sending someone to pick up a super, and he works quite close to the one person who would be willing to help and has limited imunity"
Apart from that he's hacked the goverment computers to stop the bomb and shut down the power in building 26. None of this would be overly taxing for a child genious who can make computers do what ever he wants. 

The only thing that makes me think that it might not be him alone is sending Hiro and Ando to save a baby, that to me smells of someone who has some knowlege of the future, unless of course he actually meant for them to help Matt sr, but the ended up with the wrong one somehow.
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2009, 15:15 by axerton »

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #311 on: 14 Mar 2009, 15:26 »

The only thing that makes me think that it might not be him alone is sending Hiro and Ando to save a baby, that to me smells of someone who has some knowlege of the future, unless of course he actually meant for them to help Matt sr, but the ended up with the wrong one somehow.

Relatively sure it as supposed to Matt Parkman Sr and not some baby.  I think that baby was probably just coincidentally named Matt Parkman

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #312 on: 14 Mar 2009, 16:05 »

But reble gave them directions to find the young matt parkman.
As I said earlier, my guess is that young matt parkman is the main matt parkman's son from his marriage in season 1. As to why a woman would name her child after the man who abandoned her I don't know, but in the season one future episode the kid was definatly call matt jr, with the change of timelines this may no longer be true, but it still might be the same kid. 

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #313 on: 14 Mar 2009, 18:55 »

Axerton, when exactly is Micah going to have time to this kind of shit? He's an eleven year old. Eleven year olds go to school. There is no logical and believable way for Micah to be doing this on his own. It goes above and beyond suspension of belief into the realm of ridiculous. I'm not saying I'll stop watching the show if it turns out to be true, but it'll definitely have an effect on my enjoyment.

In terms of Matt Parkman, I'd like to think it's obvious that that's mind reader Matt's son. They pretty much telegraphed it. Go way back to season 1's episode "Five Years Later." Matt's son's name? Matt.

In terms of his naming, that's a mutual decision between parents. We have no idea of the circumstances of Matt's divorce or anything. "Abandoned" is a rather strong word considering we don't have any details aside from the fact they divorced. For all we know, Matt divorced her because of her infidelity, perhaps it was called into question whether the child was his or not. Janice may have named him after Matt as a gesture of her certainty that Matt was the father.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #314 on: 14 Mar 2009, 20:37 »

To be fair, Gitelman wasn't purely web based. She first appeared in season 1 working with Ted Sprague to bring down the company, remember? Shit, her season 1 M.O. was practically identical to Rebel's. While I'm fine with Micah coming back, I really feel that having him turn out to be Rebel would be majorly dropping the ball.

I had to look that up and no, I didn't remember her, but I remember missing that episode because I know I missed it when Simone got shot. Really, her power probably is the best choice to go with, but everywhere I looked to find out who she was says she's dead. I don't know if they'll do the whole her being alive through electronics thing or not.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #315 on: 14 Mar 2009, 20:59 »

Axerton, when exactly is Micah going to have time to this kind of shit? He's an eleven year old. Eleven year olds go to school. There is no logical and believable way for Micah to be doing this on his own.

The kid is able to manipulate any from of technology to do what ever he wants - do you really think he couldn't get into the school database and figure out some way to stop questions being asked.

You seem incredibly blinkered by what an eleven year old (though acording to heroes wiki he was born in 1995 making him 13) should and shouldn't be able to do. He is supposed to be, without exageration a child genious, in "Six months ago" he built a new motherboard for his computer, by hand, without his technopathy. While I agree that he probably isn't acting alone, it would not be totally beyond his capabilities to do so.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #316 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:57 »

Unless you're going to a school run by incompetents, no amount of technopathy and genius is going to make your teacher inexplicably not notice you missing six months of classes.
JON MADE ME GAY

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #317 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:58 »

Or, y'know, his guardian. I sincerely doubt gramma's going to be cool with him staying home from school to run an anti-government rebellion.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #318 on: 15 Mar 2009, 16:36 »

I bet she'd be less upset with him staying home and rebelling against the government than being snatched up by said government and never being seen again. I mean, they're going to know about him, so he's probably in hiding anyways, kid or not.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #319 on: 15 Mar 2009, 16:53 »

I'm not sure why I'm putting so much faith in the writers of this show, considering how many times they've let me down with ill thought out plot work.
However I'm guessing that whoever rebel is, there will be an episode in the not too distant future, dedicated to him/her and how they've been doing all their stuff. if this happens then I guess we'll see how belivable or otherwise it is.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #320 on: 24 Mar 2009, 13:45 »

Oh hey look, Micah.

Hell that was a good episode in my opinion, but I couldn't stop myself from saying out loud "Oh god, they're killing her off again?" I said that twice actually. :P
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 14:02 by Boro_Bandito »
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #321 on: 24 Mar 2009, 14:06 »

Yeha, I said that too. But when she went and found that doctor, he said she was one of three. Also, she winked at the very end to HRG, so maybe she'll pull herself together? Who knows!

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #322 on: 24 Mar 2009, 14:25 »

I believe she shed a tear there actually. My problem is that she wasn't you know, invulnerable to her own power. But I thought about the pulling herself together thing as well. I mean, Iceman actually turns into ice doesn't he? I don't know if he can pull himself together or not if he's shattered like that, and it would be a bit T1000esque too wouldn't it?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #323 on: 24 Mar 2009, 16:25 »

Yeah, it's be Terminator-esque for her to do that. But freezing herself didn't surprise me too much because of the look on her face when she told Micah to run for it. I think she knew they would have killed her for letting him get away.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #324 on: 24 Mar 2009, 16:35 »

Holy voice-break Batman, when Miccah called for a taxi I litterally did a double take.

"Time is once again on our side" - if it had been anyone other than Hiro saying that line with that look in his face I think I might have barfed, but he pulled it off well.

I think I may have been a little too premature when I said I liked sylar last time, I had assumed he was about to remove what's-his-name's head, but instead he starts gift wrapping supers.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #325 on: 24 Mar 2009, 17:15 »

Well Hiro's always been the melodramatic one who's read too many comic books.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #326 on: 24 Mar 2009, 18:26 »

While I didn't care for the Micah revelation, as I think the implications given in this episode that Micah is acting completely on his own make the situation seem even more retarded that I though, the rest of the episode was pretty damn good. I saw them using the baby as a deus ex machine to give Hiro his powers back the second the kid started showing powers. I do like that they gimped them, though. The writers are doing a pretty decent job of decreasing the power of some of the more ridiculously overpowered characters (Like Peter and Hiro).

I believe she shed a tear there actually. My problem is that she wasn't you know, invulnerable to her own power. But I thought about the pulling herself together thing as well. I mean, Iceman actually turns into ice doesn't he? I don't know if he can pull himself together or not if he's shattered like that, and it would be a bit T1000esque too wouldn't it?

I, and likely pretty much every other comic nerd who watches this show, figured that's what's going to happen. Iceman's done that multiple times in the X-Men comics (Initially, he actually just encased himself in kind of ice armor, but back in the nineties he started full on turning to ice and could reform if shattered, though it took a lot out of him and was a big risk any time), and with how much the show borrows from the X_Men, I don't doubt they'll go that route.
JON MADE ME GAY

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #327 on: 24 Mar 2009, 19:35 »

PS: Rebel is totally Micah Sanders

Ahem, I TOLD YOU SO

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #328 on: 30 Mar 2009, 23:21 »

Well would you look at that - Sylar can now take on other people's apearance - everyone thinks he's dead and he's decided to wipe out all supers - is it just me or is this sounding familiar?

Also I'm wondering about the intellegence of giving a character - whose actor by all acounts is considered highly attactive (I personally don't see it) - the ability to be played by other actors - this just means less screen time for Zach Quinto.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #329 on: 31 Mar 2009, 16:28 »

It's the eyes and the eyebrows, man. Also the bad guy thing.

Where did the power from Candice go? Or did he not have that at all. I know he wanted it when he killed her.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #330 on: 31 Mar 2009, 18:52 »

Who the eff was Candace

The Voice

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #331 on: 31 Mar 2009, 19:39 »

Candice was the brunette that created illusions.  She was the one who watched over Micah at the end of season 1.  At the beginning of Season 2 she appeared as a redhead called Michelle.  She took care of Sylar after he was stabbed by Hiro.  Sylar killed her and tried to take her powers but he was infected by the Shanti virus so it didn't take.

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #332 on: 01 Apr 2009, 21:00 »

Missy Peregrym

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #333 on: 02 Apr 2009, 05:16 »

aka that fine look lass on Reaper

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #334 on: 20 Apr 2009, 21:56 »

Thread res to say: Sylar talking to himself as his mother - just a bit weird.

And if he is flat out invincible now I'm not going to be happy.

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #335 on: 21 Apr 2009, 16:20 »

The psycho goes "Psycho".
If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #336 on: 21 Apr 2009, 17:20 »

Yeah, as much as I like Zachary Quinto, they should've killed him off two seasons ago.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #337 on: 21 Apr 2009, 17:23 »

I've gone back to not liking Sylar again.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #338 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:53 »

Heh - "Hi-five turtle!"  is my new favorite quote.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #339 on: 27 Apr 2009, 17:22 »

You are about six or seven months late on that one.

In related news, has anyone heard about this neat new show ER?
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #340 on: 27 Apr 2009, 19:49 »

Heh. So yeah, I think I may just not watch Heroes anymore. Seriously? As if what's going to happen next season isn't as freaking predictable as ever. "Oh no guys, he really thinks he's Nathan, oh wait ticking clock he's back" and the cycle from the last three seasons repeats itself.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #341 on: 27 Apr 2009, 19:58 »

Heh. So yeah, I think I may just not watch Heroes anymore. Seriously? As if what's going to happen next season isn't as freaking predictable as ever. "Oh no guys, he really thinks he's Nathan, oh wait ticking clock he's back" and the cycle from the last three seasons repeats itself.

/why I lost interest after Season 2
//still watches sometimes in the vain hope it will get better

///it won't
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #342 on: 27 Apr 2009, 20:05 »

I just wish they could get through a season finale without killing Nathan off and then bringing him back. Just the once, maybe? I really want to keep making apologies for this show, but it's gotten so ridiculously redundant.

I'd claim they've run out of ideas, but the show really has never been original. At this point, though, they don't seem to even be trying to spin things in any original manner. Just about every single idea has been stolen from one comic or another. Even this Sylar is Nathan shit is ripped almost directly from a comic book.

I will admit, the show has essentially gone pretty far down the tubes, but I can't say I'l definitively quit watching. It's not like I'm paying for it or anything.
JON MADE ME GAY

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #343 on: 27 Apr 2009, 22:10 »

I've still got X-Men.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #344 on: 28 Apr 2009, 14:28 »

You are about six or seven months late on that one.

In related news, has anyone heard about this neat new show ER?

Meh - late, but still enjoying it.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #345 on: 28 Apr 2009, 17:40 »

I'm glad you all came around to my way of thinking.

<---- trendsetter.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #346 on: 29 Apr 2009, 13:19 »

Why didn't they just give him an infusion of Claire blood? What the fuck. 

Would you like to take the easy way or perhaps this super convoluted plot with plenty of faux-meat to force feed your audience over the next 20 episodes is more to your liking?

Super convoluted plot it is! Paper or plastic?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #347 on: 29 Apr 2009, 14:07 »

Exactly. The sensible and logical thing to do would've been give him Claire's blood (Healing blood's worked on him before) and have Matt read Sylar's mind to find out where he moved his "spot."
JON MADE ME GAY

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #348 on: 29 Apr 2009, 16:10 »

The only reason I've been watching this show now is because I feel like I'm invested somehow.

But I'm really not. I think I'm giving up. There were better episodes this season, but I've concluded that they should have cut it at season one.

That was a terrible season finale.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #349 on: 30 Apr 2009, 13:41 »

I've noticed that every season, I like the buildup, but I hate the finales - they always seem to let me down in the end.

My blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up