THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 16:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a $200 supper  (Read 8256 times)

MC

• Furry furrier
a $200 supper
« on: 29 Sep 2008, 08:46 »

hehe yeah.... will is taking Penelope out for a dinner that is gonna cost a week's pay.... I see no way what-so-ever how this will blow over wrong...... no way...... nope :roll:

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
Re: a $200 supper
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2008, 09:08 »

$200 for an evening is standard.

$50 for the babysitter
$50 for the movie and associated crap
$100 for the restaurant

Or

$50 for the sitter
$150 for really nice dinner and drinks afterwards

This is why married folks don't leave the house that often....

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Anastrianna

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2008, 10:35 »

$50 for the babysitter

Ok, how long are they going to be gone? I ask because $50 dollars isn't all that much these days. About 2 years ago I had a regualr babysitting job that would get me about $85 for about 3 and a half hours. But then again, I was babysitting a 5 year old and his 2 1/2 year old brother. So maybe $50 for an older, potty trained, self-grooming child would make sense.

Well, I hope this whole-weeks-pay date goes well! And I hope the ice cream is amazing. :-)

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:14 »

Damn! Back in the nineties you were lucky to get $5 an hour for a kid that needed intermittent supervision. I don't know if that's inflation or what, but if I could get $85 for three hours of babysitting I'd quit my job right now. Even despite how much I hate kids.

Yeah.... a first date should NOT be an expensive shebang, everyone knows that. Wil's getting set up for a letdown.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:45 »

$50 for the babysitter

Ok, how long are they going to be gone? I

$8/Hour for 5-6 hours (rounded off for ease)
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2008, 11:56 »

Unless they just don't talk about their kids ever, neither Wil nor Penny require a babysitter. Most single parents that I know go about 3 minutes in most social settings before mentioning their children.

Chez Albert's is apparently a real place. Here's a menu

It looks like dinner would top out at about $50 a plate before wine (but including an Aperitif for each), so there's $100. Add a bottle of wine and we're at at $130 easy, and $150 if he's going for a nice bottle (I'm assuming based on usual wine prices, as their wine list isn't provided). Add 5% sales tax and we're at $157.50. Add 20% tip ($31.50) and we're at $189. That leaves $11 of flex room, and I don't see a desert menu there.

Now, chances are that Penny is a cheaper date then that. She's pretty thin and health concerned, so she probably won't order both a bisque and a side salad. She may prefer to share a light hors douvre. And probably doesn't drink much (I think she's said as much before), so may prefer that she just get 1 glass of wine instead of sharing a bottle and having an Aperitif. Also, given her perspective on dating, I see a pretty high chance that she insists on going dutch. But Wil doesn't necessarily know any of this and can't take any chances.

Edit: typo stuff. Also, man that menu makes me hungry.
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2008, 12:11 by benji »
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Anastrianna

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2008, 17:39 »

Damn! Back in the nineties you were lucky to get $5 an hour for a kid that needed intermittent supervision. I don't know if that's inflation or what, but if I could get $85 for three hours of babysitting I'd quit my job right now. Even despite how much I hate kids.

Yeah.... a first date should NOT be an expensive shebang, everyone knows that. Wil's getting set up for a letdown.

Yea...I think I got lucky there.....but I usually only went over there every other week.....it was nice pocket change.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2008, 19:48 »

Where the heck is $200 a week's pay?  I made almost twice that delivering pizza part time in central Florida.

Anastrianna

« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2008, 19:49 »

Where the heck is $200 a week's pay?  I made almost twice that delivering pizza part time in central Florida.

I am sort of wondering that as well....I work part time (20 hours/week) in Wisconsin and only make about 160 a week.....unless minimum wage actually went up......but last year, I was lucky to average 150 a week....

Roivas

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2008, 21:25 »

I wish I made $200 a week, stupid economy...

Anyhow I can on the other hand imagine someone wanting to impress their date by being pretty free about their money while on the date itself. It shows confidence and wealth, two things that work on 64.7% of all women without fail.

Maybe we'll actually find out why Pen-Pen is so anti-dating this week, besides being highly intelligent and easily tiring of bullshit. Maybe this date won't go so well after all...
Arrogance and ignorance rolled into one sexy package

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2008, 11:45 »

Wow ... I've never had a job that payed $200 or less. Even in high school, when I worked as a teacher's aide I made over $200.  That's harsh.

He could take her to a decent place for a bit under $100 and he'd probably come off looking better for it than trying to go fancy. For $20? I'm thinking Arby's ... if he's lucky.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #11 on: 05 Oct 2008, 15:22 »

Your sig-pic is eating my page. =(
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #12 on: 05 Oct 2008, 15:59 »

You can turn sigs off, and never see any again!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

durao

« Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2008, 09:17 »

$15   - Taxi trip
$40   - Flowers
$30   - Symbolic Gift
$115 - Dinner
Watching Penelope striping off to change into PIZZAGIRL - PRICELESS

There are some things you cannot buy or acquire...
But for all the rest, there's Questionable Content!!!

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2008, 10:05 »

Anyhow I can on the other hand imagine someone wanting to impress their date by being pretty free about their money while on the date itself. It shows confidence and wealth, two things that work on 64.7% of all women without fail.

Yeah, but faking wealth is a mistake in the long run. Eventually she'll figure out you're broke and feel betrayed that she was lied to. I think it's better to take her on a date that's within your price range and show confidence and comfort with doing that. I think Penny would be more impressed by a man who took her out for a nice meal at a relatively low priced but interesting restaurant and was unapologetic about not being able to afford the nicest place in town.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2008, 21:27 »

What do you think the chances are that this meal ends up on Marten's lap?

durao

« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2008, 00:52 »

What do you think the chances are that this meal ends up on Marten's lap?

MARTEN???

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2008, 02:46 »

Yeah, but faking wealth is a mistake in the long run.

I know a couple; she was a student, he was a builder who mended something in her house - they courted and got married.  ONLY THEN did it come out that she also had inherited wealth, and he owned  a substantial building firm, and each had thought the other would be embarrassed if they'd mentioned it.  So then he built her a house, and they were very happy together.

Sadly, for most of us, this is not the fairy-tale outcome.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up