THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rick Froberg's new band on Sub Pop!  (Read 2395 times)

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
Rick Froberg's new band on Sub Pop!
« on: 30 Sep 2008, 18:21 »

Quote from: exclaim!
After the demise of Drive Like Jehu and then Hot Snakes, the bands’ main man Rick Froberg has launched yet another project, Obits, who have recently inked a deal Sub Pop. Froberg’s latest New York-based rock outfit are also in midst of recording their debut, which, according to Billboard, is expected to hit sometime early next spring.

Along with Froberg, Obits features guitarist Sohrab Habibion (formerly of Washington, D.C. act Edsel), bassist Greg Simpson and Scott Gursky on the skins. All are reportedly working with Girls Against Boys' Eli Janney and Geoff Sanoff on the group’s as-yet-untitled first album, which is currently being recorded at Brooklyn's Seaside Lounge studio.

Full article here. I dunno if most of you guys knew about this already or not, but this is the first I've heard of it. I am pretty excited. The live songs on their myspace sound somewhat rough, but also pretty promising. I'll definitely be keeping my ear to the ground for more stuff from these guys.

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
  • master of his domain ...for now
Re: Rick Froberg's new band on Sub Pop!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2008, 18:49 »

i am MAD excited, especially because this means my band ACTUALLY has a chance to play with froberg!

true that though, the two together are amazing.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2008, 19:47 »

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that John wasn't included in this project. We still have awhile before the album comes out though, so it's still a possibility!

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2008, 20:19 »

This news is rad. It is rad news.

I have the rip of their first show on my hard drive -- did anyone ever match song titles to the tracks?

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2008, 11:16 »

i heard they're planning a tour with the night marchers... which means there's potential for a run through some hot snakes/drive like jehu songs at the shows!
Pages: [1]   Go Up