THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 11:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!  (Read 57148 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!
« on: 21 Oct 2008, 17:34 »

Halloween is quite possibly my favorite time of the year. What do you kids have planed? Who isn't too old to dress up?

I am contemplating having a rock band 2 party. Costumes would be required. If I don't do that I may just go up to the parade, and get drunk, and dancing around. And handing out roses. I am going to be a doll. It's up in the air if I will go with my original plan to be a Coin Operated Girl, but I probably will. I am thinking of buying a bouquet of black roses, mainly because I wanted one black one for my hair, and it is cheaper to by a whole bouquet, and wouldn't it be fancy to hand out roses to strangers? Who wouldn't want a rose from a life sized doll?

So far my only problems with my costume are my make up, and my shirt. My shirt is a little... uh....low cut. As in, very very low cut. As in I am afraid of flashing people. My make up is just a pain because I can't find any powder, and grease paint looks too fake.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Re: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:23 »

I am going as a pirate because I realized this year that I had never done it before. Plus I already had tall boots, cut off pants, a white ruffly blouse, and a vest. So I went to Savers and bought a hat, sword, hook, eye patch, and earring for cheap.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:28 »

i'm contemplating either being a soldier or being Mario. It'll just involve a run to walmart and checking whats more easily available, a pair of fatigues or overalls.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:30 »

Mario would be much cooler, especially with an egregious moustache
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:30 »

Halloween isn't really that big in Australia. However, we have a token American in our house, so there's been talk around my house about having a Spinal Tap themed party. I will be procuring some kind of wig and handle-bar moustache, I imagine! Or maybe I could go as Stonehenge... Hmm.

Also, Emaline, I suppose you're talking about white powder and maybe foundation as well? My advice would be to implant some kind of tracking device into a local Goth, then release them into the wild. They will undoubtedly lead you to a large cache of white powder and foundation.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

nobo

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:40 »

yeah... i've been growing my mustache out for about a month and a half now and its really pissing me off. i can't eat without having to pick all sorts of stuff out of the corners of it at the end of the meal. So I don't think the stache is going to make it past this weekend.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:42 »

My friend is playing a punk show that night, so thats what I think I should do. I mean, what is better than punx on Halloween?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:53 »

I'm going as a zombie retail employee.  Cutting and burning bits of my old Michael's apron and throwing flour at my face.  Camping out in my friend's backyard, using my sleeping arrangement as a means to an end.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

backstagebetty

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • mmmmhmm
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2008, 18:58 »

I'm going to the annual Halloween party at the local bar that I frequent. I'll be dressed as "the cat's pajamas": wearing pajamas, ears, a tail, and cat makeup. The new PJs I bought for the costume are so cute and warm and soft! I have to talk myself out of wearing them to bed every night because I want them to be fresh for my costume. After that, I'll probably live in them.

It's a bummer I won't be off work that day (many Nevadans are, as October 31st is also Nevada Day) or the next day, but I'm pretty excited!

P.S. I know that I won't actually be the cat's pajamas but, rather, a cat in pajamas, but I still think it's cute. My mom stole my costume idea when I told her. Bitch. At least we don't live in the same city.
Quote from: Something Witty on Gabbly
Who is backstagebetty? A slut. But who?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:03 »

My neighbor does a haunted house every year and i usually participate. I am going as a creepy scarecrow this year. Where can i get me a burlap bag?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:07 »

My housemates and I are havin' a party. I am dressing up with my friend as the McPoyle brothers from the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:24 »

My band is playing a gig on Halloween in full Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band uniforms. Complete with acoustic covers of Smack That, Bump N' Grind, and Because I Got High.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:30 »

Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:39 »

I don't know if I want to be Horatio Caine or a Lolcat. Please advise.

backstagebetty

• mmmmhmm
« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:41 »

I would love to hear how you plan to go about being an Lolcat and then advise you to DO IT!

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:41 »

Seconded.

My Halloween plans may involve zombies.  I don't know yet.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:41 »

As Violentdove mentioned Halloween isn't very big here and generally if kids show up at my door asking for sweets I give them a stern lecture about how we don't do that here and how asking strange people for candy is probably the dumbest thing you could do. I then proceed to force them to watch me eat a Mars Bar while I cackle madly.

This year my girlfriend is having a halloween/housewarming party at her place and I'm going as a shadow. A black gauze mask, black t-shirt, jeans and boots, black leather gloves and a black trenchcoat pretty much pull this whole thing together. I'm also not going to talk to anyone and I might follow some people around mimicking what they do.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:44 »

STEAMPUNK!
Ok, yes, I hate how genres now all seem to have -punk or -core added onto the end of them but I really love this art style. I've got a tuxdeo jacket and shirt, a nice vest, and am getting a cravat. To up the punx I've got a pair of fingerless work gloves, some old school motorcycle goggles and I'm looking for a pair of engineer boots. A pocket watch is also on the "to buy" list.
Oh, and the party will consist of getting drunk with everyone on campus.

Edit: Hopefully I can get some pictures of my ensemble because I face a dilemma: with a black jacket and grey vest should I wear black or grey pants?
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 19:49 by Social Bacon »

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #18 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:51 »

Either could work but my gut says to match the vest and the trousers.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #19 on: 21 Oct 2008, 19:58 »

Steampunk- I hate the name, but love the aesthetic. A flintlock might be a nice addition, and consider some type of hat, maybe? 

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #20 on: 21 Oct 2008, 20:41 »

I still think you should dress as a vampire.
Liz is touching me.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2008, 21:21 »

A blond vampire?
Though he has the hair to slick back in the classic Dracula look...

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #22 on: 21 Oct 2008, 21:41 »

Actually he doesn't, I was just basing it off of the fact that he is really pale and I would like to see him in formal wear.
Liz is touching me.

öde

« Reply #23 on: 21 Oct 2008, 21:58 »

I am hosting a huge party in my friend's old mansion. Apparently there are over 500 people coming. I hope they don't all turn up with friends. I don't think I'll be in fancy dress, which is odd for me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #24 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:15 »

I'm thinking about going to a Halloween party as a luchador, I just need to get tights. Shouldn't be that hard. If I have time I'll get two pairs and make the crotch be like, golden or something ridiculous that. Yeah, something that's just ridiculous.

Now where do I find tights?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

GnarlsBroccoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #25 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:16 »

Zombie is always a good idea, but this year I will be dressing up as Bill Nye the Science Guy.

I suppose I could even turn that into a zombie Bill Nye......Bill Nye the Zombie Guy

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #26 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:18 »

Nobody liked my idea of forumites dressing up as eachother. I thought it was awesome. Anyway the main thing I am doing is attending The Rocky Horror Picture Show for my fourth year in a row. I'm actually doing a theme this year, so it should be great.
Hate, rain on me

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:18 »

I was thinking of going as a washed up Joker.  I'd wear a wife beater, boxers, slippers, and the Joker makeup with my hair dyed.  Maybe even talk about the good old days with Batsy and how good Harley was for me.

I'll probably just wear my hoodie with a hockey mask again.

That reminds me, is anyone going to start a pumpkin thread or should we post them here?
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 22:44 by Blue Kitty »

GnarlsBroccoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #28 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:27 »

come on, that is hilarious...you should do that.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:42 »

My roommate has been pressuring me into dressing up with him like a droog, but I think I might end up being Carrie, mostly out of laziness. Alls ya need is a dress, a wig, and a bunch of pig'sfake blood. Yes I did get this idea from Rotten Tomatoes.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #30 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:25 »

I need Halloween ideas for a dude with no sense of anything.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #31 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:27 »

I was planning on going to my local rock club but since it is closed and 'relocating' to another premises for the event, I might give it a miss. The usual DJ is away on a cruise or something and the guy who replaces her is just AWFUL. As it is it looks like I'm probably just going to a friend's party... might suggest dragging round my Xbox and Rock Band, that always ends well.

As for costume, I picked up a black and white jester / harlequin outfit and will be going with a black and white facepaint look. Did a trial run of it last Saturday and it looks pretty damn disturbing. Good times!

Next Sunday, though it is obviously not Halloween, there is a Zombie Walk through my town which should be a lot of fun, I'm trying to get as many people as I know to go along. Thinking of just going as an 'average' zombie, though with some iPod earphones in... the wire leading through a blood-stained hole in my shirt, with some blood coming from my ears.

I'm surprisingly not excited about Halloween this year, though, which is odd. Usually I can't wait... this year I seem more excited about Xmas but I think that's because I've spent the last three weeks spending my entire wagepackets on other people's presents.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #32 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:28 »

I'm going to go to my internship dressed in a giant hot dog costume, then go home, eat candy and watch my 25th anniversary DVD of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

backstagebetty

• mmmmhmm
« Reply #33 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:35 »

Zombie Walk

All this time I've spent wishing my little town was cool enough to have a large, organized zombie event of any kind and I'm not going. There's a Zombie Crawl this year, with all the major bars and clubs on the main drag participating. I don't think I have the energy or dedication to make myself up like a proper zombie. I always thought I would, but I never thought I'd have to prove it. Plus, it's on Halloween itself and I kinda have to go to the party. I guess that'll be my excuse this year. 

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2008, 23:39 »

Yeah, I was amazed to see there was going to be one in Blackpool, so I feel I kind of owe it to the organisers to go, try and put Blackpool 'on the map' a bit more for events that don't revolve drunken stag / hen weekends and cheap lays. I wanted initially to go with all my friends as a zombie stag party but don't really have the time or money to organise that, get cheap and offensive t-shirts printed etc.

I'm glad it's not on Halloween, since as you said... parties to go to etc, I can't imagine it getting a big turnout if they did it then.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #35 on: 22 Oct 2008, 01:29 »

low budget halloween.
this year i think i'm going as rosie the riveter.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #36 on: 22 Oct 2008, 01:39 »

Lots of people I know are having Halloween parties but I don't think I'm actually invited to any.

If I do, though, I have my costume selected (I do have to procure almost every article but that should not be hard)

I am going to be Elwood Blues.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #37 on: 22 Oct 2008, 01:59 »

Halloween?

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #38 on: 22 Oct 2008, 02:28 »

low budget halloween.
this year i think i'm going as rosie the riveter.

jesus woman could you get any more butch

i mean seriously tone it down a little once in a while
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2008, 04:51 »

I've been invited to a Halloween party. Apparently it will be mandatory to wear a costume.

I'm thinking of putting on my pin-stripe jacket, silk tie, nice trousers and shoes and wearing a sign around my neck like a beggar that says "Will screw the global economy for $700 billion."

Bowers

• Breadsticks
« Reply #40 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:14 »

all the boys in my halls are going as smurfs.
We're making the gay guy go as smurfet

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:17 »

How tolerant of you.
Hate, rain on me

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #42 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:22 »

Sometimes you should not ask questions.

are you using my avatar because you want people to think you're me?
it's okay to be jealous, i won't judge.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #43 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:23 »

after a period of judgment and pointing and laughing i will try not to judge after that.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #44 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:29 »

There's a theme-park close to my house called Wonderland and in October they have "Fearfest". Basically they go all out to scare the shit out of you...

So I'm gonna get drunk, get bundled up (it will be cold, I am not happy about this) and hope I don't have a heart attack.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #45 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:38 »

tommy: don't think i won't come over there and destroy you because that is definitely possible

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #46 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:50 »

And just look how happy she is!

"Tania, the jolly smotherer."

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #47 on: 22 Oct 2008, 05:51 »

his screams of terror were just too precious

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #48 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:14 »

not just 'someone'

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #49 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:24 »

Well, you can wear our clothes, too, I guess, if they fit.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up