THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 17:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!  (Read 57167 times)

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
Re: Halloween!! Costumes, parties, plans!!
« Reply #50 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:30 »

i do not know where your clothes have been and i do not think i would want to wear them either, so i guess that makes us even!
except no it doesn't because you're still using my avatar, you jerk.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #51 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:35 »

I ordered a new optimus prime voice changing helmet... Not so much for Halloween but more for the job interview I have soon, is a phone interview and voice changing mask and anyone who would not hire someone who sounds like Peter Cullen for a tech support call centre job is not worth working for.

Might just dress up as a dead person again as all my friends are boring and although I have been invited to a party it is far away and I will get hit on by girls I am not allowed to do because they are friends of my good female friend and she says not to. LAN centre is throwing an all nighter though...

I demand pics of everyone BTW.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #52 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:46 »

Chris and I are throwing a Halloween party, mostly because our friends live far away and most of them have not seen our apartment since I moved in and spiffed it up. I'm going as Sarah Palin- stupid hair, skirt-suit, square-rim glasses, and a bloody stuffed-animal moose.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #53 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:49 »

I'm working on Halloween. Boo. (This situation totally didn't come about as a result of me agreeing to cover a friend's shift or anything.)

Luckily, we are not only allowed but actively encouraged to dress up. I have to check with my manager to see if there's a theme but I think I might go as a disco kitty. As in, a cat. With silver makeup and... dancing?

Guys, I just bought some silver lipstick off Ebay and now I can't pay for it because it won't accept my debit card. HOW ANNOYING. I'll have to find my cheque book tonight and delve into my savings. Huh.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 07:16 by Barmymoo »
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #54 on: 22 Oct 2008, 06:55 »

so disappointed.

Judging by the photo, you're not the only one.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #55 on: 22 Oct 2008, 07:56 »

I love the way that Liz's reaction to someone being smothered to death is like "oh cool, a Kodak moment".

Naturally.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #56 on: 22 Oct 2008, 08:32 »

I guess if we're attempting to stay on topic, I'm going to a Halloween party on the 30th, but I don't know what's going on yet on the 31st. For said party, I think I'm going as Dobby the house elf. I have the hat and elf ears and now I just need either a giant pillowcase or an "I love Harry Potter shirt" and mismatching socks. Probably the latter.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #57 on: 22 Oct 2008, 08:52 »

My fiancee throws a big Halloween party every year with a murder mystery and gaming and pizza and good times. Costume required. I pushed for us to dress up as Zombie McCain and Zombie Palin but he can't wear a political costume to work and wouldn't do an assassination themed murder mystery. Boo. So now we're going as Jack the Ripper and Lizzie Borden which is less timely but I already have all the components for the costume except a plastic hatchet and more fake blood. I may actually wear this costume to work.

My last two costumes were Howard Hughes and a really, really dead person (gunshot plus fake knife in stomach plus slashed wrists plus green fake "poisoning" makeup... that was fun).

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #58 on: 22 Oct 2008, 08:55 »

Still trying to decide between Taylor the Sailor and the Freudian Slip. 

:|

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #59 on: 22 Oct 2008, 11:16 »

Freudian Slip! Mostly because I want to see how you'd do that.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #60 on: 22 Oct 2008, 12:56 »

I did that a few years ago:) Wear a slip and a Hello My Name Is Freud tag. Then you gnash on a cigar and ask awkward questions about peoples mothers.
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #61 on: 22 Oct 2008, 15:29 »

I always pictured the Freudian slip outfit as wearing a slip with a big picture of Freud having sex with his mother on it.

You could probably screen-print this if you were keen.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #62 on: 22 Oct 2008, 15:35 »

Tom Lukiwski is my Member of Parliament. For Halloween, I'm going as 1991 Tom Lukiwski!

______________________________/\_________________________________________________________
"There's A's and there's B's. The A's are guys like me, the B's are homosexual faggots with dirt under their fingernails that transmit diseases."
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 15:37 by Johnny C »
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #63 on: 22 Oct 2008, 15:56 »

I'm probably going as a zombie belly-dancer, because I'm going to the Washington DC Zombie Walk the next day, and I don't want to have to go home after the halloween party.  I'm being extremely lazy with my costume, because I'm just adding fake blood to one of my old gig outfits.  But it'll be fun.
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

nobo

« Reply #64 on: 22 Oct 2008, 16:35 »

Would dressing up as Eddie Norton's character Derrick Vineyard from American History X be too offensive? I have the facial hair and build for it, add a head buzz and a few sharpie tattoos and i think i would be pretty good
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #65 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:25 »

I'm sewing a plastic apple onto a hat and getting one of those cheap arrow-through-the-head things. William Tell's other son. Cheap, and I get to dress warmly.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #66 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:28 »

I don't really think that'd be worth the effort, honestly; I mean, Norton was obviously playing to a very specific stereotype in that movie, so many people are likely to see the stereotype and not the character. If you're comfortable with people thinking you're going as a plain ol' skinhead though, knock yourself out.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #67 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:46 »

Or knock other people out, as the case may be.

Nodaisho

« Reply #68 on: 22 Oct 2008, 17:49 »

Why not both?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #69 on: 22 Oct 2008, 18:23 »

I am ALSO being Sarah Palin. I'm slinging a fake rifle though, hopefully, and I already have the glasses, hair, red power suit and a Minnesota accent. The best part of that is that I have an exam in a class where a girl once said "Sarah Palin is wonderful" and she was serious. Maybe I should say I'm Tina Fey as Sarah Palin instead.

There's a badass show too with a bunch of bands being other bands. One band is being the Cars, one is being Slayer, and the other is Queens of the Stone Age. All of them are local bands who I like, specially the first one. Yeah! I think I might accuse the second band of not being Christian.

I am kind of bummed though, the only Halloween ritual I've had since I moved to Fargo was to play only really good cover songs on my radio show, but I don't have that anymore :(
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #70 on: 22 Oct 2008, 18:37 »

As a pre-Halloween halloween party thing, I'm going to be a fratboy!  My friend is taking me to some bar I don't plan on going to again, so why not pretend to be an asshole?   A couple polos with the collars popped, and a backwards Family Guy hat.  American Eagle shorts to finish.  Sandals, too, if it's not too cold.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #71 on: 22 Oct 2008, 18:49 »

Yay! I love that. My friend did that one year, a pink polo with the collar popped, a trucker hat cocked to one side, and lots of Heineken. Only here we call 'em Sweet Dudes 

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

nobo

« Reply #72 on: 22 Oct 2008, 19:33 »

to be honest, i just want to do derrick vineyard to see if any strangers I run into say anything. many people go out of their way to avoid conflict and that makes for nice awkward situations. then again, there is the chance of running into someone large that doesn't avoid conflict. may have to go with a safer choice
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #73 on: 22 Oct 2008, 21:58 »

Some previous costumes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/halloween1.png
A Generic Corpse ("braiiiins" etc)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/n508719514_671284_4767.jpg
The Corona Kid! (I was partnered with The Corona Cowboy, we were a team effort)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/n514979652_321171_3793.jpg
The Flying Rage. (superpowers include running into walls and tight rubber)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/skull.jpg
Skull Boy (who the hell are these misfits, anyway?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/elvis1.jpg
The King (a-huh-huh)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/n504830664_248897_8672.jpg
Some French Guy (merci beaucoup)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/halloween3-1.png
Punk Is Dead (my first "concept" costume)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/zeejay_djinn/jackfrost1.png
Jack Frost (brr.)

I am still umm-ing and aah-ing over my next costume. I mean, it has to beat all previous efforts. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2008, 22:03 by ZJGent »
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #74 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:28 »

I am ALSO being Sarah Palin.

Actually, I changed my mind. I'm now being a yip yip. I made it myself... pictures forthcoming after I glue the eyeballs on top.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #75 on: 22 Oct 2008, 22:32 »

Also, Emaline, I suppose you're talking about white powder and maybe foundation as well? My advice would be to implant some kind of tracking device into a local Goth, then release them into the wild. They will undoubtedly lead you to a large cache of white powder and foundation.

I am, but I live in a small farming town. Goths are pretty rare here. I am sadly probably the closest thing to a goth you could find. A bit away in St. Louis, there are more goths, but I haven't met any that have been to friendly to me, and the ones that have aren't very goth. And they make fun of the other goths, and nobody wears any god damn white powder foundation. Ugh. I don't want to order it online.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #76 on: 23 Oct 2008, 03:54 »

Oh! The many personalities of Roddy,

As the other Aussies have already mentioned. Halloween is not a big deal here (something I lament every year).  But I guess I will go to Brisbane Friday afternoon, seeing as I will be there that weekend anyway.  if Brett only works until 9 like he thinks he might I guess we will hang out?  I'm sure there is something going on.  I probably won't dress up though.  Maybe I will go as 'rad'.  So I will just dress how I always do.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #77 on: 23 Oct 2008, 07:08 »

Roddy your Jack Frost costume is probably one of my favourite ever.

Guys I have all the parts to a potential excellent costume except body paint. Where do I get good paint that I can afford, that will cover my whole body, and will be opaque and true to the colour that comes out of the container? Barring that, how do I tint my own theater makeup? I have checked out Ben Nye but all of that stuff is like greasepaint, which is gross and not what I want. Also I tried liquid latex, but that is translucent and like white doesn't show up at all and blue looks green and orange looks kind of yellowy because of my skin underneath.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #78 on: 23 Oct 2008, 08:27 »

Sorry, but you're probably the person here with the most body paint experience to speak of.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #79 on: 23 Oct 2008, 08:29 »

I don't think I'll be dressing up this year, because I have very little inspiration and seriously doubt I will ever manage to top last year's costume.

That said, I will be going to see El Guincho play, which should be awesome, although not particularly scary.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Cam

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #80 on: 23 Oct 2008, 09:09 »

I decided to do something completely different this year.  I am going to dress up as Beaker.  I'll be fabricating my beaker mask this week end.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #81 on: 23 Oct 2008, 09:18 »

one of these on each hand and bam abortion man (good idea for costume, no?)
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #82 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:00 »

No.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #83 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:07 »

What is it with today and me wanting to rip the face off of every new poster?

benji

« Reply #84 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:10 »

What is it with today and new posters being creepy?
This signature is intentionally left blank.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #85 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:33 »

I don't have a problem with the abortion humour thing, I just think it's a bit crap as a costume. Put some more effort into offending people.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #86 on: 23 Oct 2008, 10:40 »

I agree with supersheep. Those as accessories make no sense without a costume, which should be a dirtied doctor's scrubs. And maybe a big jar with a doll inside of it. Honestly for Halloween I don't see how anyone's offended by anything anymore, not after they started making those stupid Saw movies where they've got people landing on a pile of used syringes and Hostel where a guy snips off the melted eyeball of a girl. I think nowadays the trick is to be both disgusting and politically incorrect.

Edit: FUCK YOU PAGEBREAK.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2008, 15:22 by Boro_Bandito »
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #87 on: 23 Oct 2008, 11:38 »

And that's how it's done.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #88 on: 23 Oct 2008, 11:51 »

Don't forget a shop vac.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #89 on: 23 Oct 2008, 12:44 »

I don't think I'll be dressing up this year, because I have very little inspiration and seriously doubt I will ever manage to top last year's costume.

Richard, you peaked too soon. Not good! I will try to think up a good costume for you but I fear it might be a lost cause.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #90 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:05 »

I'm going to be Kitty Pryde! I'm a little surprised she is not more popular, actually. Probably going to be spending Halloween night between a co-op party and a coworkers party.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #91 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:20 »

Kitty Pryde is probably not a popular choice because she's not a character that really stands out. The only outfits she's ever had that really stand out are the ones she wore for like an issue at a time. Everything else is pretty generic and amount to yellow and blue spandex and a Star of David. She's never really had an iconic look that anyone would recognize her by. Storm stands out by being the only prominent black female superhero, Phoenix always stood out by her red hair and some of her iconic costumes, Psylocke had the purple hair to distinguish her. Shadowcat was always a relatively generic looking teenager in a generic looking X-Men costume.

How are you planning on selling it? This is of great interest to me.

And yes, Tommy, that makes you racist.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #92 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:28 »

Man if someone went as Ellen Page I would probably be in love.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #93 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:29 »

Deal.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #94 on: 23 Oct 2008, 13:32 »

If I can figure out how to wrangle icing tips, I am SO fucking making these.

ahhh so big...dont know how to fix....

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #95 on: 23 Oct 2008, 14:45 »

No dessert can ever be better than this one.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #96 on: 23 Oct 2008, 14:53 »

Damn, those look good. I want one. Now!

Last year my friends and I decided (and Brits surrounded by Americans) to go as Harry Potter characters, because it would be pretty recognisable... and we were!

My friend was Luna and she spent a good drunken half hour sitting on a street corner counting the number of girls crossing the street who looked like whores. Ah, that's the mark of a good holiday!

I'm not sure how to post an image, so I'll go try and find out how to do that and then you might get a photo.
I think I'll take a nap now...

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #97 on: 23 Oct 2008, 15:43 »

Waiter there's a hair in my cupcake.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #98 on: 23 Oct 2008, 16:49 »

Man if someone went as Ellen Page I would probably be in love.

Yeah, see, this is how I decided to do this. It occurred to me that my hair looks like hers at its current length, so I could pull off Juno. However I'd probably have to go as pregnant for it to really click for people, and one of my coworkers is currently very pregnant, so...I thought that'd be weird.

So then I just looked at Ellen Page's other roles.

Anyways, yes, Jon, you're right, so I did have to kind of pick and choose images to decide how I wanted to look. I've already bought the pieces so I guess I'll just share pictures after Halloween  :-D

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #99 on: 23 Oct 2008, 17:03 »

Hooray for pagan holidays!
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up