THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 03:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Six Degrees of Questionable Content  (Read 8601 times)

ctrlbuild

• Not quite a lurker
  • Mantenna Array...Pain Level...Shatnerian
Six Degrees of Questionable Content
« on: 02 Nov 2008, 16:26 »

Simple formula. Explain what webcomics you found via Questionable Content, and then blame Jeph for the time you have wasted reading them.

I'll start...

I discovered Misfile via way of tvtropes.org. I discovered tvtropes.org via Irregular Webcomic. I discovered Irregular Webcomic via Dinosaur Comics. I discovered Dinosaur Comics via XKCD. I found XKCD through Questionable Content.

This is thus Jeph Jacques fault.
Raven is The Chessmaster.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
Re: Six Degrees of Questionable Content
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2008, 08:14 »

None - I found QC via Turnsignals on a Landraider .

I can blame alot on TSOALR
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2008, 09:00 »

mine's pretty simple :P

I found http://www.twolumps.net/ from boredom on the Internet

I also found QC from boredom on the Internet

:P

whats this "boredom on the Internet' you ask? Well..... use your imagination :P

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 03 Nov 2008, 09:57 »

umm...I found QC via Something Positive (I think?) via Yahoo!Search Engine --but I was on Yahoo Search Engine because I had been reading Todd and Penguin for like a year, and I wanted something new to read... I was also reading Devil's Panties (I think that's what it's called?) and a few others I no longer remember because I haven't really stayed up to date with them...whoops.

damnitsteve

« Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2008, 14:20 »

I wandered over into the links section one day and decided to give Ornery Boy a run.

Don't really keep up with it though.

And a friend told me about QC.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2008, 14:46 »

QC's probab;ly the only webcomic I actually read. I give Dinosaur comics a look every so often, and hit the random button above each comic. I disocvered QC through my awesome friend Holly *instert love heart smiley here*
There is no sin except stupidity

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #6 on: 03 Nov 2008, 17:58 »

I found girl genius and QC in the same weekend.  It was back just before comic 666.  I must have heard about both from friends because I devoured both that weekend.

tragic_pizza

• Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: 03 Nov 2008, 22:53 »

I am racking my brain to remember how I discovered QC. I think it was after the Gordon Frohman comic came to an end, and maybe I googled "webcomic." I don't remember.

Anyway, I discovered "Something Positive" by trolling the links page, and "Girl Genius" because of a QC sighting posted in the forum. That led me to Buck Godot.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

SmileyBandit

« Reply #8 on: 04 Nov 2008, 17:54 »

I was (sorry, AM) a dedicated xkcd reader and Jeph and Randall Munroe decided to forward their respective URLs to each others' sites one hilarious April Fools Day. Best prank I've ever been involved with because I was FURIOUS when it happened, being an avid xkcd fan and thinking that it was no more. Then I went back to QC #1 and went all the way through in a couple of days!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #9 on: 04 Nov 2008, 19:56 »

I pointed out Questionable Content to a friend, who has since been attacking my free time in return by pointing me to such comics as Schlock Mercenary. I went through the entire archives of that one. So, by a strained and wacky interpretation, I can blame Jeph.

I found out about Scary Go Round from the QC forum, so let's blame Jeph for that chunk of time going missing!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Touch Me Im Sick

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm
« Reply #10 on: 04 Nov 2008, 20:19 »

I was introduced to Questionable Content from browsing the forums on GuitarGeek.com

Someone posted the one where Martin lusts over a Tele (forget what #), so I went on the website. Then stopped. Then went back to the site, read every single one of 'em (back when it was at 1000 or so), then I was hooked afterwards.

lauren!

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 04 Nov 2008, 23:41 »

I was (sorry, AM) a dedicated xkcd reader and Jeph and Randall Munroe decided to forward their respective URLs to each others' sites one hilarious April Fools Day. Best prank I've ever been involved with because I was FURIOUS when it happened, being an avid xkcd fan and thinking that it was no more. Then I went back to QC #1 and went all the way through in a couple of days!

Hey, that's how I found it, too!  I've read through the QC archives...5 times now?  Maybe 6. 

(This is a little off topic, but can anybody give me any links to other good webcomics?)
What's this about nudity?

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #12 on: 05 Nov 2008, 00:24 »

Someone I knew opened up a laptop and was laughing at a webcomic and I was like "what the hell is this" and they explained it and then I was like "that's just stupid" and then they explained about another webcomic they were reading at the same time and I told them "that's also stupid" and when I went home I looked up the second one and got hooked on it in my hypocritical sort of way.

The first one, by the way, was XKCD. The second one was QC.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #13 on: 05 Nov 2008, 22:01 »

I don't remember which came first, xkcd or QC. All I know is that one led to the other. From there I've picked up several daily/weekly webcomics that I really enjoy. Righ now I'm reading the following:

xkcd
A Girl and her Fed
Overcompensating
Striptease
diesel sweeties
octpu pies
Devil's Pantird
Sordid City Blues
Scary Go Round
[url=http://anderslovesmaria.reneengstrom.com/]Anders Loves Maria]

Anders Loves Maria
[url-http://www.little-gamers.com/]Little Gamers[/url]

I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

tragic_pizza

• Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #14 on: 08 Nov 2008, 16:38 »

I mighta missed someone mentioning this one, which I forgot in my own list: got it on a "steampunk" search after reading up on Girl Genius:
Freak Angels.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #15 on: 08 Nov 2008, 17:30 »

I was playing Megaman Xtreme 2, then looked for tips on how to kill one of the bosses or something. Then found Bob and George, then through that found XKCD, then from the list of recommended webcomics I found Questionable Content.

Obviously Jeph must be the reason I never beat Megaman Xtreme 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up