THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: IRON WEEK  (Read 21305 times)

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Re: IRON WEEK
« Reply #50 on: 09 Nov 2008, 19:45 »

Iron Week is detrimental to my principles as human flotsam so I will not be participating in this garish social experiment.

Have fun being mediocre again next week when you have no excuse for being a decent human being.

P.S. Dovey you are LIFECORE, dogg.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #51 on: 09 Nov 2008, 20:17 »

iron week is you know, the usual. I think I'll get drunk on friday night.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #52 on: 09 Nov 2008, 21:00 »

Hey can I do IRON WEEK? Interestingly enough it coincides with Hell Week for my school play, so I will be at school until 10:30 every day and not whining about it at all. Which is what it means for me, because traditionally whining about Hell Week is how all of us pretend to excuse ourselves from doing our homework. So IRON WEEK means I will find time to do all of my schoolwork, and not whine about barely even going home every night.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #53 on: 09 Nov 2008, 22:50 »

Ouch, that sucks. I'll whine for you instead. (Is that allowed?)
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #54 on: 09 Nov 2008, 23:47 »

That's a legit reason I guess. And hey, you know what else? I'm up! And I got up exactly one hour ago, and it's not even 9 am yet. Woo!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #55 on: 10 Nov 2008, 01:45 »

oh hey, IRON WEEK. I didn't know this, but I have been participating in this anyway! For me...

IRON WEEK means getting up early and unpacking my things rather than procrastinating
IRON WEEK means organising my room so it is tidy.
IRON WEEK means staying at home rather than at Mum's place because I am worried about hurting her feelings.
IRON WEEK means making appointments for various things that need appointments made.
IRON WEEK means spending time with my family and not getting annoyed at them all (failed a little with this one already)
IRON WEEK means driving through Sydney and not complaining about it the whole time. (probably will fail this one)
IRON WEEK means maybe working out why I have had a headache for two days rather than just hoping it's dehydration.

I was kind of hoping IRON WEEK was next week, because then I would be all RAWR GET A JOB, but seeing it's this week I will have to deal, I guess. Maybe I will stay in my pyjamas all next week instead.

Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #56 on: 10 Nov 2008, 01:58 »

Alright Iron week, lets hope I didn't mess you up by waking up at 2am. Lets say that I'll still be good to go to class. I only have another 3 days of work this week, so it's all about going to class and teaching some Iron Body and Leopard.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #57 on: 10 Nov 2008, 05:20 »

IRON WEEK is finally getting around to finishing up my EP. figuring out why even though all the inputs are set right, I can't record direct to Garageband.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #58 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:04 »

IRON WEEK is also doing an album cover for Darryl. Today I bought some tape so I can stretch some watercolor paper.
IRON WEEK is also finishing that album from May.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #59 on: 10 Nov 2008, 12:23 »

The only thing I can think of for IRON WEEK is to get my homework done early instead of doing it the day before it is due.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #60 on: 10 Nov 2008, 23:07 »

EVERYBODY DO THAT cos seriously I'm sick of people whining about not having done their homework in the blog thread.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #61 on: 10 Nov 2008, 23:10 »

I'm already kind of dropping the ball on that one.

But really, I have no interest in writing a paper about the Armenian 'genocide' and the Turks' refusal to come to terms with it as an example of "collective national amnesia." I mean, I chose the topic. But now that I'm halfway through the required length of the paper, I'm just like "eh...fuck it."
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #62 on: 11 Nov 2008, 04:36 »

I finally made an appointment at a dentist today! And I didn't even realise it was Iron Week. I did it while on the way back from getting gelati. SUGAR 1-1 DENTISTRY.

However this week looks like it's not going to be Iron Week for me so much as FUCK YOU MOTHER NATURE IT'S NOT EVEN SUMMER YET week.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #63 on: 11 Nov 2008, 09:54 »

My Iron Week went a bit wrong because I didn't get to bed by eleven last night, since I had no duvet (the cat had urinated on it) so I had to find another. However, I have been making a real effort to stop jokingly insulting my friends and one of them has been reminding me every time I say something that could be taken as mean. She said that although she is never offended and knows I don't mean it, she will remind me "what was your second resolution?" to help me. I'm glad; I think I insult people too readily and one day I will genuinely upset someone without meaning to.

The using my time effectively thing is starting now! I am going to work for at least an hour after I eat.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #64 on: 11 Nov 2008, 23:03 »

I'm being sort of balls at this so far. I kept expecting that my knees would be better as soon as someone waved some magic medicine at them, but no, they're not. Due to pain and discomfort, I haven't been to my classes, but since I'm not going to be better immediately, I have to get a working plan going for how I am going to do things.
Basically there are actual cripples out there who can not walk ever and presumably I will be able to comfortably walk again in the future, so I should be able to suss out how to wash dishes and cook food with sore legs. I should not be using my pain as a crutch to avoid work. I think it goes back to a tendency I have, like others, to get into this mode where pity is expected for the infirm. It's nice to have an excuse not to do things and to have people pay attention to me and be nice to me, but really, I'd rather be able to go for long bike rides to nowhere.
So I'm not being Iron at all, I'm just letting myself think an injury means I'm special.
Injured deer get eaten, injured wolves starve. Gotta keep up.

IRON WEEK means not letting yourself let you down.
IRON WEEK is doing no less than you can when you have problems.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #65 on: 12 Nov 2008, 00:35 »

My IRON WEEK is doing alright. I have been getting up at 6:30 every morning to drop my mum off at her carpool partner's house, so I have been organising my room and only procrastinating a little. Talking to my family makes me think the my headache is from eye strain, so I have to wait until Friday to get my eyes checked and see if that is what it really is. I only lost my temper at my family once so far (my brother kept hanging around, so I yelled at him) so I have been doing better than I usually do.

So I probably would be doing all this anyway, but... IRON WEEK wooooooo!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #66 on: 12 Nov 2008, 05:07 »

That girl has not been on the bus all week.

I STUDIED THOUGH
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #67 on: 12 Nov 2008, 05:13 »

My IRON WEEK hit a snag on tuesday. My nana went back into the hospital so I didn't make it to class.
I am going to go the rest of this week though. And next week, my work schedule permitting.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #68 on: 12 Nov 2008, 05:39 »

Iron week is fuck you chest infection.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #69 on: 12 Nov 2008, 10:34 »

IRON WEEK is not spending my nights drinking alone till three playing WAR to keep my mind off how much of a waste the last six months of my life have been.
IRON WEEK is not doing things half assed both at home and at work.
IRON WEEK is getting a god-damn haircut already? Honestly this one will be hard.
IRON WEEK is eating at least two decent meals a day and cooking dinner instead of just grabbing something from the freezer (c'mon, lasange is easy and will feed me for days).
IRON WEEK is asking for those days off that I would like and not just leaving it until it's too late.
IRON WEEK is at least talking to a friend I haven't seen in too long and really should.
IRON WEEK is not spending too much money this week so that come payday on tuesday I'll be able to afford tickets to Sydney and back in february.
IRON WEEK is probably not going to be figuring out what I need to do to solve all my problems but goddamn I'd love for that to happen.

These are the things that I have completely failed at so far; they are also all of the things that I intended to do. Man I am shit at being a person who does things.

Incidently Dovey, Phaedra, and umm, shit whoever else was in perth (I know there were more of you; some dude who I mistake for dimmukane? And Jenno not that he's posted for like a year and a half) Nick Motherfucking Cave and the Goddamn Badseeds on the 20th of January at the belviuor ampitheater tickets from heatseeker holy shit he doesn't hate perth. It's not well advertised so consider this me officially telling you people (I'd make a thread but I have this handy relfex where I do not make threads on this forum when I am drunk (but this other forum well all bets are off and I think they all think I'm a dick)). The first I heard of it was when I was buying tickets for the Mountain Goats and noticed the nick cave ones on the same site. Also the PIAF closing night will be fucking great with Mogwai playing the set and Dan Motherfucking Deacon doing the afterparty (free from maybe 10:30?). That's the night before my birthday going into the morning of my birthday so I think I will treat myself to that and write it off as a birthday present.

[edit] Belvouir?

[another edit] Belviour.

[third edit] Belvoir.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2008, 10:46 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #70 on: 12 Nov 2008, 11:23 »

I bet none of you actually do this shit.

Iron is so weak and bendy.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #71 on: 12 Nov 2008, 11:26 »

And brittle.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #72 on: 12 Nov 2008, 13:51 »

I cleaned my house! And I started the album cover for Daz. I have done two things, so far.

mooface

« Reply #73 on: 12 Nov 2008, 14:23 »

for IRON WEEK i will continue to be myself, aka awesome.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #74 on: 12 Nov 2008, 19:02 »

Incidently Dovey, Phaedra, and umm, shit whoever else was in perth (I know there were more of you; some dude who I mistake for dimmukane? And Jenno not that he's posted for like a year and a half) Nick Motherfucking Cave and the Goddamn Badseeds on the 20th of January at the belviuor ampitheater tickets from heatseeker holy shit he doesn't hate perth.

huaglblfuck yeah. Now if only he brought Spiritualized over with him I could die a happy man. (I would die from having my own boner crack me in the skull)

Also the PIAF closing night will be fucking great with Mogwai playing the set and Dan Motherfucking Deacon doing the afterparty (free from maybe 10:30?).

I knoooooooow

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #75 on: 13 Nov 2008, 04:13 »

I bet none of you actually do this shit.

Iron is so weak and bendy.

Fuck you, I accomplished most of mine, and the ones I haven't (not getting enough sleep or taking care of my body) have been because I have devoted myself to accomplishing the first ones.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #76 on: 13 Nov 2008, 06:11 »

IRON WEEK is showing up to work on time every day this week. So far I'm doing great!
IRON WEEK is making it to Kung Fu every single day there is a class I can learn in or lead this week. I missed Tuesday, but that was because my nana went into the hospital.
IRON WEEK is actually getting all of those Orcs for Dan built Yeah, they're all built just need to drop a few rocks on the bases and prime them
IRON WEEK is starting to paint those Orcs so I can get them done.
IRON WEEK is being prepared to graduate in December. I know that I'm totally ready for this as far as the form goes, I just need to show up.

My Iron Week is turning out pretty strong so far.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #77 on: 13 Nov 2008, 13:17 »

I will try to do this.

IRON WEEK is going to bed by at least eleven each night. Well, I haven't managed it yet but aiming to has meant I've got a lot more sleep so far!
IRON WEEK is thinking twice before I speak to avoid upsetting friends. Seems to be harder than I thought, I am a bad person.
IRON WEEK is using my time effectively. Although today I spent most of the day at the cinema, I've been doing more work than usual and become editor of the student newspaper!
IRON WEEK is stopping lying to my teacher about why I haven't handed in that one essay, and actually doing the essay. I just did it.
IRON WEEK is concentrating fully at work and giving customers my full attention. Hmm. This one has failed since I haven't worked yet this week but we'll see how it goes tomorrow!

and if we are starting on the 10th (I am confused by what you mean by next week)
IRON WEEK is wearing a white poppy on Rememberance Day and calmly explaining its significance to anyone who asks or challenges me about it. I wore it, and it was fine. I was pleased.

An unexpected IRON WEEK bonus was getting two university offers and my mother suggesting she buys me a moped so that I have a bit more independence (we can't afford a car). So things are doing ok!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #78 on: 13 Nov 2008, 13:36 »

I guess IRON WEEK for me will be going through with my first stand-up open mic night on Tuesday and not pussying out at the last minute because of stage fright.

I'll let you guys know how that turns out on Wednesday.

So I did go through with this, and it went unfathomably well. I actually killed, I'm so pleased.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #79 on: 13 Nov 2008, 17:33 »

Oh hey, now your post in the blog thread makes much more sense and I can stop thinking that you're a potential murderer. Phew!

Also, congratulations!
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #80 on: 14 Nov 2008, 07:08 »

Thanks.

I probably should have elabourated in the blog thread but I posted it from my phone just a few minutes before going to sleep, so I didn't even think about it.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #81 on: 14 Nov 2008, 08:59 »

Fuck you, IRON WEEK. That girl smokes.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #82 on: 14 Nov 2008, 17:43 »

what's wrong with smokers?

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #83 on: 14 Nov 2008, 17:48 »

Yeah, I would not go with smoking as a reason not to pursue someone.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #84 on: 14 Nov 2008, 17:51 »

People who smoke taste like cigarettes. And smell like cigarettes. I can understand that would be a problem if you do not like the smell or taste of cigarettes.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #85 on: 14 Nov 2008, 17:56 »

Considering my incredible aversion to the smell of cigarettes I have always figured i would avoid dudes who smoke.

Turns out it is not that bad!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #86 on: 14 Nov 2008, 18:56 »

i told myself i'd sack up and work hard for iron week but since next week is my real week of hell, i ended up spending all of this week in a drinking, sexing panic. like, failing iron week in possibly every single criteria. i suck. sorry, thread.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #87 on: 14 Nov 2008, 20:35 »

People who smoke taste like cigarettes. And smell like cigarettes. I can understand that would be a problem if you do not like the smell or taste of cigarettes.

This.

Ugh, smokers.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #88 on: 15 Nov 2008, 06:25 »

Their mouths taste like ashtrays.

I have nothing against smokers as people, though. In fact, I'm sure smoking is a great way to meet people at parties.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #89 on: 15 Nov 2008, 06:28 »

what's wrong with smokers?

My parents both smoke. All of my clothes used to smell of cigarette smoke. It's pretty terrible, man.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #90 on: 15 Nov 2008, 06:33 »

Ok, Im in.

IRON WEEK is cleaning the damn house as best as time allows. Did this!
IRON WEEK is not bitching about all the things stressing me out. I will also try not get get angry about it, either. Did this, too, but it's because things got better.
IRON WEEK is finishing the hat I'm working on. It's not quite finished, but it will be soon.
IRON WEEK is getting the leaves out of the yard before it rains/snows. Especially the drive way. Uh, I didn't do this. I hung out with friends instead. >.>
IRON WEEK is also doing an album cover for Darryl. Today I bought some tape so I can stretch some watercolor paper. Still working on this.
IRON WEEK is also finishing that album from May. I have not touched this and at this point, I don't think I will.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #91 on: 15 Nov 2008, 06:44 »

In fact, I'm sure smoking is a great way to meet people at parties.

This is what my last girlfriend told me when I asked her why she smokes. That it is the best way for her to meet people. Because you know, walking up and saying "Hi, I'm Jace, what's up?" doesn't work.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #92 on: 15 Nov 2008, 07:47 »

Jens it makes me so sad whenever you talk like that. Smoking is gross.
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #93 on: 15 Nov 2008, 07:49 »

Uh, I didn't do this.

Great, whose leaf pile am I supposed to jump in, now?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #94 on: 15 Nov 2008, 07:54 »

I know, but the fact that you still think it is a good idea is troubling.
Liz is touching me.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #95 on: 15 Nov 2008, 08:46 »

I guess I will play.

For IRON WEEK I will actually finish my two English papers and sack up and make that appointment with my English professor to tell him why I never turned the first one in. I will also be on time to both of my German classes and not skip either even though the professor doesn't care if we are there or not. I will help my group with my english project so that I won't be the cause of us failing. I will actually read my trig chapters and make up all the homework I have missed, so that I might not fail the exam and the class outright, and so that even if I have to take the class again it will be because I got a D instead of F (it is ok, though, because it's trig).

I will not flip out or get angry at anything my housemates do that is stupid or irrational, because people are irrational and even though I am in therapy for this because I still don't get it, it is high time I sacked up and just accepted it. I am seriously sick of that whole fact of life where you can only control and change yourself and I wish other people would conform to my standards for even just one fucking day, but I think I can deal with it for a week and it will be a good start.

And when I go to get my stitches out on Friday I will not react to anything they do to me by crying like a baby or having wussy panic attacks because of needles. This may or may not happen, though, considering how much control I [don't] have over it.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2008, 08:49 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #96 on: 15 Nov 2008, 09:04 »

Katie, you're about a week late. IRON WEEK is coming to an end.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #97 on: 15 Nov 2008, 09:23 »

Uh, I didn't do this.

Great, whose leaf pile am I supposed to jump in, now?

Well, there are tons of soggy leaves all over the place for you to jump into.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #98 on: 15 Nov 2008, 09:36 »

So here it is:

IRON WEEK is going to the gym at least three times this week.
IRON WEEK is when I write something in my planner, I will get it done by the time that I wrote that I would get it done.
IRON WEEK is writing stuff in my planner/organizing.
IRON WEEK is attending all my lectures and tutorials, and actually paying attention.
IRON WEEK is being in bed by 12.
IRON WEEK is spending less money on food, and the money that I do spend shall be on healthy food.
IRON WEEK is not complaining about my flatmates (even though they haven't done the dishes in like three weeks; we have a dishwasher for christ's sake!)(that was the last time)
IRON WEEK is finishing all three of the major assignments that are due on friday/thursday.

I did this. It feels good. I am now going to go out and drink.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #99 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:02 »

i smoke. i like smoking. i don't think i'm a stupid disgusting person who constantly smells and tastes like an ashtray. contrary to popular belief, i do not sit around all day and smoke but rather spend the majority of my day going about doing regular people things like everyone else. crazy i know!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up