THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRON WEEK  (Read 21335 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: IRON WEEK
« Reply #100 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:09 »

I smoke (on and off) and I don't smell like an ashtray. I usually have something to drink when I'm smoking and chew gum afterwards and I almost always smoke outside, so the smell doesn't cling to my clothes or hair. I think it really depends on what, how much, and where you smoke that determines whether or not you are going to smell/taste like an ashtray.

But I can understand where Liz is coming from. Some people reek of smoke and judging from the smell, I'd guess they'd taste like it too. But there's also people who don't.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2008, 12:12 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #101 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:19 »

Hooray for marijuana?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #102 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:22 »

not that i am trying to defend smoking, it really is a terrible habit. but i'm still, you know... human.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #103 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:23 »

I think it's a terrible habit, too, but sometimes you want to smoke and sometimes you actually need to (for whatever reason). Also, pot smells far worse than cigs, come on.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #104 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:27 »

Well, it's definitely a more noticeable smell, but it doesn't attack my respiratory system like cigarette smoke does.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

sean

• welp
« Reply #105 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:00 »

Also I find you smell less when you smoke from like, bowls and not js.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #106 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:06 »

Yeah.  My totally addicted little brother always smells like flavored cigars (hurr hurr), but I almost never smoke from anything that's not made of glass, and I find the smell doesn't stick to me all that much.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #107 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:17 »

This iron week,
I made out with a 1st yr, slapped a stranger (he deserved it) across the face, and caught a taxi with 3 drunk guys i did not know. And that was just one night.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #108 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:28 »

My IRON WEEK was kind of a failure, but I am ambivalent about this fact.  It would have been nice, but it didn't pan out. The timing was bad; A friend of mine came to visit and he brought his vape. Last night I was the highest I've been in almost a year. 

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #109 on: 15 Nov 2008, 14:45 »

Katie, you're about a week late. IRON WEEK is coming to an end.

Well cool then I do not have to do anything at all. I guess I can pat myself on the back for having done such a great job for the whole five hours I knew it was IRON WEEK.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2008, 15:02 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #110 on: 15 Nov 2008, 19:28 »

Now where did you get that idea? I don't think it's a good idea, it's just that I know it's not all downsides. Talk to any drug addict, heroin probably feels fucking great! But the single pro doesn't outweigh all the cons. That is why I have stopped smoking.

Well good. That is what I like to hear.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #111 on: 15 Nov 2008, 19:39 »

This iron week,
I made out with a 1st yr, slapped a stranger (he deserved it) across the face, and caught a taxi with 3 drunk guys i did not know. And that was just one night.

Well good. That is what I like to hear.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #112 on: 16 Nov 2008, 06:13 »

Well cool then I do not have to do anything at all. I guess I can pat myself on the back for having done such a great job for the whole five hours I knew it was IRON WEEK.

Hurrah!
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #113 on: 16 Nov 2008, 16:39 »

IRON WEEK means getting up early and unpacking my things rather than procrastinating
IRON WEEK means organising my room so it is tidy.
IRON WEEK means staying at home rather than at Mum's place because I am worried about hurting her feelings.
IRON WEEK means making appointments for various things that need appointments made.
IRON WEEK means spending time with my family and not getting annoyed at them all (failed a little with this one already)
IRON WEEK means driving through Sydney and not complaining about it the whole time. (probably will fail this one)
IRON WEEK means maybe working out why I have had a headache for two days rather than just hoping it's dehydration.

Well, I did most of these things! I got annoyed at my family a few times (but i think I was justified in doing so), and my room isn't as tidy as it was supposed to be. However I got my eyes checked, my car fixed, my headache went away by itself (after 3 days, goddamnit), and I didn't whinge about having to go to Sydney (and didn't get lost or in an accident in the process). I did stay at mum's place all week, but that is because I would have had tog get up earlier to go pick her up and I am lazy, so it was simpler to stay there. I also decided halfway through getting ym stuff unpacked that I would rearrange my room, giving myself more work to do! It does look nice now, though.

And it seems that Iron Week is continuing into this week so far. I have been doing housework this morning, and am looking online for jobs. Later today I'll probably go for a walk to see if places around here are looking for people, so I am being productive!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up