THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OH, SHIIIIIIIII  (Read 29648 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: OH SHIT
« Reply #100 on: 21 Nov 2008, 14:04 »

This is a Pocky thread just waiting to happen.

I once nearly gave myself diabetes (not even kidding) at a LAN party. I ate a box of Oreos and slammed something like a gallon of Mountain Dew (one can at a time, bitchesss) and consumed a bunch of other sugary, caffeine-y things.

I felt really really sick for like a month but it was worth it. I was wired as hell and was slaughtering at CounterStrike.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

actreal

• Emoticontraindication
  • Loved by good, feared by evil
« Reply #101 on: 21 Nov 2008, 14:44 »

Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine here in Australia because it's illegal to add caffeine to drinks.

"What?!" I hear you exclaim. "What about Coke and all those 'energy' drinks?"

There is an exemption for cola drinks as caffeine is considered an essential part of the "flavour". Which is why all the "energy" drinks here are cola flavoured or use mixtures of guarana and taurine rather than caffeine.

Silly but true.
Quote from: Hannelore
COME ON THEY ARE BUILDING A RAMP

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #102 on: 21 Nov 2008, 15:45 »

Dude I saw a bottle of flavoured milk the other day that had caffeine in it. It was coffee flavoured, though so this maybe still fits in with your theory.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #103 on: 21 Nov 2008, 15:53 »

well there goes my plans to ever visit Australia. with my sleeping problems the way they are, Mountain Dew is one of the only things keeping me alive most of the time.

Sorry, Australia. I really would like to come over and oogle you when you're not looking and play with all your exotic/poisonous animals but i just don't think it would work.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #104 on: 21 Nov 2008, 16:05 »

Ptsch. Americans and your Target stores.

I have to get mine bloody imported from New Zealand, and that's never happened before cos my friends are all cheapskates and I ask for Wonka Nerds anyway.

Mmmm Tim Tams...
So much like Penguin Bars (but not the same)

I'm beginning to wonder, after having read all this about Mountain Dew, whether I'm the only person in the world who has ever heard of Mirinda drinks. No one I've spoken to here has ever heard of it
There is no sin except stupidity

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #105 on: 21 Nov 2008, 16:12 »

I am sure we used to have Dr. Pepper and I am sure I remember eating Pop Tarts as a kid. We did used to get them right? I remember being devastated when they didn't sell them at Woolworths anymore.

Proper Japanese Pocky is something I wish I could get easily. Every time I see Pocky in the supermarket I get really excited until I realised I've tried that type and it tasted awful and most certainly didn't come from Japan.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #106 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:02 »

Pocky from thailand is nice but extra waxy :/
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

AanAllein

• Furry furrier
« Reply #107 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:17 »

Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine here in Australia because it's illegal to add caffeine to drinks.

There is an exemption for cola drinks as caffeine is considered an essential part of the "flavour". Which is why all the "energy" drinks here are cola flavoured or use mixtures of guarana and taurine rather than caffeine.

Silly but true.

I don't think this is true - I am, at the least, very skeptical. For one thing, energy drinks do have added caffeine aside from guarana and taurine, even the non-cola flavoured ones. And I'm sure I've had juice with added caffeine (although I would concede that it was potentially guarana). Or is my confusion simply that Red Bull/V have a) naturally occurring levels of caffeine in whatever they use for a "base" or that b) taurine/guarana actually does increase the amount of caffeine (which seems like it makes the alleged law even more ridiculous)? I mean, Red Bull plainly states it has 100 mg or whatever of caffeine per can, and it is decidedly not cola.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #108 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:25 »

Yes we used to have Dr. Pepper and Pop Tarts. I remember drinking Dr. Pepper at a year six class party, so that would've been 1997.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #109 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:38 »

Oh man, why did you fuckers have to remind me of Dr. Pepper, it's going to be like a month before I can get any!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #110 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:53 »

We have Dr. Pepper everywhere here and it's still pretty nasty.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #111 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:06 »

I like Dr. Pepper. Not as much as Coke, but I'll take it. Of course, I don't really understand why people like Mountain Dew and Pepsi so much in the first place. I think they're rather one note drinks with nothing going for them other than a blast of raw high fructose corn syrup. Honestly, I think I'd rather just go gargle some maple syrup than drink either of them.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #112 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:10 »

so i finally went to the grocery store across the street to check this tim tam shit out and they don't sell them anymore! nooooooo

(there is another store downtown that does and they are kind of pricey from what i recall, but fuck it i think i will go for it anyway)
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

clockworkjames

« Reply #113 on: 21 Nov 2008, 19:35 »

Worst thing for dibeetus at LAN is Koolaid and Jolt/mountain dew.

Koolaid because by the end of the weekend that kg bag of sugar will be gone, into your body along with 2 crates of mountain dew

Body clock with 91 hour uptime. LAN cancer lasted 2 days one of which was spent asleep.

The kind of thing you don't wanna do more than once a year, so you take it easy at all the other LANs and play alot better since you are not exhausted and without focus.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #114 on: 21 Nov 2008, 20:03 »

Oh god Jolt..

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #115 on: 21 Nov 2008, 20:20 »

Jolt is nothing, back when I lived in Springfield Missouri there was this store brand called Thunder Cola, which was supposed to be like Jolt, but my dad would buy it and him and my brothers (We were all still pretty young) would sit around having burp contests.

Man though, I miss the LAN parties we'd have at my high school back in Texas. so much soda/chips/snacks, me and several friends would share, get boosted off of Mountain Dew and then either own at counterstrike, jedi force academy or unreal tournament respectively.

As for this thing called a "Tim Tam Slam", I seem to remember that recently one of the cereal brands came out with these cereal straws, that you were supposed to drink a glass of milk with, the inside of the straw being coated in chocolate or something that was supposed to flavor the milk, and then when you were done you ate the straw. The idea had promise, but we never bought any for testing. Wonder if they have those still around.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #116 on: 21 Nov 2008, 20:30 »

My parents used to have something like that when they went to school and they got a little carton of milk provided to them, but they weren't edible. They used to reuse the flavoured straws, so I think fairly soon after that they were taken off the market. However, there are a similar type of thing out now where there are little bead-thingamajigs of flavour in straws, with something that stops them from coming out the top/bottom (little grille type things?) which are popular now here. It's not quite what you're talking about, but still weird.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #117 on: 21 Nov 2008, 21:14 »

Man, mountain dew is really some crazy shit if you drink enough of it. Me and my cousin were hanging out/sleeping over late one night at his friends house playing guitar hero. I was piss tired till like 3 am when I started putting down tons of off brand Mountain Dew and then I was up till 7am. I got up at 11am feeling perfectly fine.

Mountain Dew is fucked.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

sean

• welp
« Reply #118 on: 21 Nov 2008, 21:15 »

Also I just remembered as great as Tim Tams I still am not capable of being content with life because you are still keeping woddles from us.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #119 on: 22 Nov 2008, 09:23 »

The closest Target to me did not have any Tim Tams. When I asked about them the woman looked at me as if I'd gone mad.
Perhaps some phone calls are in order.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #120 on: 22 Nov 2008, 09:24 »

She's fucking hoarding them all for herself! Get her!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #121 on: 22 Nov 2008, 12:06 »

My Target had them on sale! 2 packages for $5. I dipped into my savings and got all they had, which was seven. I expected there to be just a few tim tams per package but there are quite a lot of them.

I also expected them to not be awesome outside of slamming, but these are really rich and ridiculously filling. I have 4 hours before I can slam one.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

actreal

• Emoticontraindication
  • Loved by good, feared by evil
« Reply #122 on: 22 Nov 2008, 13:45 »

Silly but true.

I don't think this is true - I am, at the least, very skeptical. For one thing, energy drinks do have added caffeine aside from guarana and taurine, even the non-cola flavoured ones. And I'm sure I've had juice with added caffeine (although I would concede that it was potentially guarana). Or is my confusion simply that Red Bull/V have a) naturally occurring levels of caffeine in whatever they use for a "base" or that b) taurine/guarana actually does increase the amount of caffeine (which seems like it makes the alleged law even more ridiculous)? I mean, Red Bull plainly states it has 100 mg or whatever of caffeine per can, and it is decidedly not cola.

Further research indicates that my statements were true until Red Bull successfully applied to have the Food Standards Code changed so that "energy" drinks could also have caffeine added. I had previously thought that Red Bull scraped in under "kola" somehow.

Also, I have just learned that guarana is a natural source of caffeine so adding guarana does mean adding caffeine.

Either way, unless Mountain Dew rebrands as an "energy" drink here rather than a soft drink, it can't have caffeine.

Edit: Source material - http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2008, 13:49 by actreal »
Quote from: Hannelore
COME ON THEY ARE BUILDING A RAMP

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #123 on: 22 Nov 2008, 14:33 »

My Target had them on sale! 2 packages for $5. I dipped into my savings and got all they had, which was seven. I expected there to be just a few tim tams per package but there are quite a lot of them.

Mine had the same sale! And I think I creeped out the guy at Target when I asked him about them
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #124 on: 22 Nov 2008, 15:16 »

What is with Mountain Dew.

Why do people enjoy it? It is a terrible drink, really. It's like piss.

I don't drink Coke much either, but I can see why people enjoy it; it is pretty tasty. But Mountain Dew..urghkd.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #125 on: 22 Nov 2008, 15:38 »

Coke tastes like rotting teeth

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #126 on: 22 Nov 2008, 15:53 »

it is delicious, Mountain Dew is greenish sin
 - Napoleon

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #127 on: 22 Nov 2008, 15:56 »

A sin?  It's a fucking soda, man.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #128 on: 22 Nov 2008, 16:01 »

A sin?  It's a fucking soda, man.

Yeah, but it's the Devil's soda.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #129 on: 22 Nov 2008, 16:03 »

It is still just a soda. Not really a big deal guys.  Move along

Smiles

« Reply #130 on: 22 Nov 2008, 16:16 »

I don't even think there's a Target in the whole northeast.  What the hell.

The fuck does it matter, just order that shit off of the internet. How do you think I'm planning on getting my fix for McVitie's chocolate-covered digestives for the next 70 some-odd years? Certainly not by living in Britain. They drive wrong.

So am I the only American who read "chocolate-covered digestive" and wondered why you would eat laxatives as a snack?

Nodaisho

« Reply #131 on: 22 Nov 2008, 16:58 »

No, I just figured that it was lost in translation between the same language.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #132 on: 22 Nov 2008, 17:30 »

The tastiest goddamn laxatives ever.

Man maybe McVitie's is why I'm so skinny. Those fuckers.

Dunxco

• Plantmonster
  • Sir Grumpy
« Reply #133 on: 22 Nov 2008, 21:17 »

Could be worse; you could be Mr. Kiplings' bitch.

... Then again it might be worth it for the exceedingly good cakes.
Regards,

D.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #134 on: 22 Nov 2008, 22:34 »

Man, i don't understand all this hate for Mtn. Dew and Dr. Pepper.. they are the sodas of choice for the boy and myself. Also, according to my research, Mtn. Dew sold stateside has 36mg of caffeine in 8oz.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

clockworkjames

« Reply #135 on: 23 Nov 2008, 03:25 »

We get the american stuff over here and if you know where to go you can get stuff from some azn country beginning with P that I cannot remember in a 1.5L bottle for like 70p.

I like code red and normal dew, voltage and supernova and the other one are kinda... lame.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #136 on: 23 Nov 2008, 19:43 »

Surge
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #137 on: 23 Nov 2008, 19:51 »

YES.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #138 on: 23 Nov 2008, 19:59 »

I was trying to think of Surge the other day, couldn't remember the name though.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #139 on: 23 Nov 2008, 20:23 »

I drank 3 of these in a few hours, hoping that maybe they would help me to function on the 1 hour of sleep I'd gotten the night before. What I got was caffeine shock.

From their website.
Jolt is a very powerful energy drink! In Jolt's 23.5 oz Re-sealable Battery Bottle one can find over 280mg. of caffeine, approximately 2,800 mg. of taurine, 56 mg. of both Guarana and Ginseng and just about any B vitamin you're looking for.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #140 on: 23 Nov 2008, 20:28 »

God damn.

Dunxco

• Plantmonster
  • Sir Grumpy
« Reply #141 on: 23 Nov 2008, 20:30 »

And you say you didn't turn into a human grenade?
Regards,

D.

clockworkjames

« Reply #142 on: 23 Nov 2008, 23:53 »

Nope but 3 hours later he broke out in cold sweats and shit his pants while hallucinating wiggle lines on stuff and softly weeping.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #143 on: 24 Nov 2008, 01:24 »

All those damned things do, including Red Bull, is give me a massive headache and a muddle in my brain. I don't get energetic or anything. The closest I get is that sometimes I get really nervous for no reason. Energy drinks are not my friends.
 - Napoleon

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #144 on: 24 Nov 2008, 01:31 »

I think this is appropriate:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #145 on: 24 Nov 2008, 05:18 »

i drink nos whenever i need to not be asleep for whatever reason or however long a period of time. each big bottle has 260 mg of caffiene in it. it is a terrible filthy energy drink.
i drank three one night while studying for an exam and somehow became convinced by about 6am that my internet provider had found out about all my illegally downloaded music and had already sent people out to arrest me and i was going to have to come up with some kind of plot to get out of the country before they got to my house. i had planned on explaining it all to my housemates when i got back from writing the exam, but they weren't home and instead i fell asleep and forgot all about it. it was probably a good thing.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #146 on: 24 Nov 2008, 06:10 »

I had a customer who really liked flirting with me at work, and I decided to make her buy me NOS one day, because I'd never tried it. I made the mistake of slamming the whole 21oz bottle.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKCIIIEIRJHGRTH

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #147 on: 24 Nov 2008, 06:12 »

I drank 3 of these in a few hours, hoping that maybe they would help me to function on the 1 hour of sleep I'd gotten the night before. What I got was caffeine shock.

I did this one day this summer. I started hallucinating and I thought my heart was going to implode, turning my entire body into a black hole.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

clockworkjames

« Reply #148 on: 24 Nov 2008, 10:29 »

I snorted a line of speed at a party once.

Meh. Kept me up a while.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #149 on: 24 Nov 2008, 11:18 »

Great job!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up