THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 08:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OH, SHIIIIIIIII  (Read 30003 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: OH SHIT
« Reply #150 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:36 »

penis
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #151 on: 24 Nov 2008, 13:02 »

This is your goal nowadays, isn't it?
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #152 on: 24 Nov 2008, 13:24 »

But what a goal it is to have!
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #153 on: 24 Nov 2008, 14:42 »

apparantly when you go an extended period of time without sleeping, the delusions and psychotic episodes you experience are very similar to those of schizophrenic patients. MRIs demonstrate that the same parts of the brain are active in both scenarios. it's interesting because many people still do not really understand what schizophrenia is. it isn't multiple personality disorder, but it also isn't just hallucinations; schizophrenic patients also experience episodes of delusional thinking, paranoia and disorganized speech/thought patterns. basically it refers to abnormalities in how you percieve reality. if you've ever gone over 24 hours without sleep you almost certainly can relate to this.
for some reason i've always found this really interesting. not to diminish schizophrenia in any way, it's a really terrible debilitating disease but next time you find yourself extremely sleep deprived and thinking really crazy shit, you'll kind of know what it's like to be schizophrenic! wacky.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 14:45 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #154 on: 24 Nov 2008, 14:50 »

I knew I wasn't just making that shit up when I told my mom that I had started seeing shit after spending 3 days awake due to air travel. Can you PM me the source so I can show her that I'm not just dicking with her?
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #155 on: 24 Nov 2008, 15:07 »

How did we get from Tim Tams to the psychiatric effects of sleep deprivation?

Maybe it's all related!
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #156 on: 24 Nov 2008, 15:09 »

there are a number of articles you should be able to find which link sleep deprivation to increased dopamine levels, which is also associated with schizophrenic episodes.
here is one and here is another one.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 15:10 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #157 on: 24 Nov 2008, 15:30 »

These tim tams are making me crazy!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #158 on: 24 Nov 2008, 15:34 »

I've found that I do my best coding when I am sleep deprived.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #159 on: 24 Nov 2008, 16:15 »

Obviously I don't know about you specifically, but there are many programmers I know who think the code they write when sleep deprived is superior, but in fact they simply cannot tell while in a sleep deprived state that their code sucks.

I type all kinds of weird nonsense if I drift off while working on a paper (I also talk in my sleep.) I used to unknowingly hand in papers that I had "finished" in my sleep. Those were the days.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 16:17 by jhocking »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #160 on: 24 Nov 2008, 16:20 »

is it possible to get used to sleep-deprivation? like, build up a tolerance?

because i used to stay up for 2 or more days and trip out pretty hard. but now it doesn't phase me; i have to stay up for like 4 or more to get the same effect (which is really hard and almost never happens).
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #161 on: 24 Nov 2008, 16:28 »

This question is relevant to my interests, as due to the stupid hours I work, my sleep schedule is necessarily fucked up.

(OK so I don't make it any better by actually getting a decent night's sleep when I can, that would be silly, silly)
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #162 on: 24 Nov 2008, 16:33 »

speaking of not sleeping; anybody here who doesn't have ADD ever take Adderoll (sp?)?

that stuff will fuck you up; i ate one once and i was high for a little over 36 hours and didn't get any sleep during that time.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #163 on: 24 Nov 2008, 17:06 »

Obviously I don't know about you specifically, but there are many programmers I know who think the code they write when sleep deprived is superior, but in fact they simply cannot tell while in a sleep deprived state that their code sucks.

I type all kinds of weird nonsense if I drift off while working on a paper (I also talk in my sleep.) I used to unknowingly hand in papers that I had "finished" in my sleep. Those were the days.

I know, I was partually joking, generally what happens is that when I'm really trying to figure something out, and I stay up longer, my average productivity goes down, but since I'm staying up later to figure something out, the eureka moments are better. Does that make sense?

I guess what I'm saying is, that while the coding may end up being shoddy, the breaks that I make while sleep deprived seem to be all the more glorious. Coding can always be fixed if I get the right idea.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #164 on: 24 Nov 2008, 18:43 »

That is never the experience I have. The longer I keep forcing myself to excrete an answer, the more constipated my mind gets. Then I go to bed, and magically I know the answer when I wake up.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #165 on: 24 Nov 2008, 20:46 »

I drank 3 of these in a few hours, hoping that maybe they would help me to function on the 1 hour of sleep I'd gotten the night before. What I got was caffeine shock.
I did this one day this summer. I started hallucinating and I thought my heart was going to implode, turning my entire body into a black hole.

That's exactly what it was like. Only, if you add dry-heaving, shakes and uncontrollable laughter/paranoia.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #166 on: 24 Nov 2008, 21:20 »

That is never the experience I have. The longer I keep forcing myself to excrete an answer, the more constipated my mind gets. Then I go to bed, and magically I know the answer when I wake up.

Replace 'go to bed' and 'wake up' with 'take a shower' and 'wash my hair' and this is usually what happens with me.  Although sometimes it takes a little longer.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #167 on: 25 Nov 2008, 01:45 »

I have stayed up several days straight with nothing but huge amounts of sugar to keep me going (I don't drink coffee or energy drinks or anything with caffeine in it). After three days I start to see things moving in my peripheral vision and then objects that are right in front of me tend to disappear, or at least I totally overlook them. This was particularly bad when I worked in a bottleshop and I knocked over three stacks of wine (4 cases to a stack) in one day because I either didn't see them until I was knocking them over or because I was distracted by the dancing shadows that were mocking me from the corner of the room. Eventually if you lose enough sleep your body shuts down from the strain.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #168 on: 25 Nov 2008, 02:23 »

Ask Liz or the Norwegians and they'll let you know I have the worst sleep schedule ever, from two 24 hour in a row days to weird days where I don't sleep for 36 hours. I start to have the best (read: most terrible) ideas ever at about the 20 hour mark.

One of them was "wouldn't it be awesome if the guy in the armored truck delivering money closed the door, walked in and then the truck exploded and fighting broke out in the lobby? the glass doors would shatter and I'd have to drop down behind the counter then start fighting off zombies or some shit"
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #169 on: 25 Nov 2008, 03:18 »

I'm going to stray back on topic for a second. Dovey (I think) mentioned graham crackers for s'mores. Plain McVities digestives are a different shape but almost identical in flavor to graham crackers. I think their round shape is actually a superior choice for s'mores.
Ho, ho, ho!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #170 on: 25 Nov 2008, 03:23 »

+

The shapes, they do not fit together.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #171 on: 25 Nov 2008, 03:52 »

Chew round the edges until they do :-)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #172 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:33 »

I only like 2 sections of a Hershey bar for my s'mores. And marshmallows are round.
Ho, ho, ho!

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #173 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:49 »

This is when you maybe try Reese's Cups in your s'mores. Compliments the roundness of the cookie and the marshmallow...and then peanut butter kicks it up a notch.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #174 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:52 »

I'm going to stray back on topic for a second.

topics are the devil!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #175 on: 25 Nov 2008, 07:16 »

This is when you maybe try Reese's Cups in your s'mores. Compliments the roundness of the cookie and the marshmallow...and then peanut butter kicks it up a notch.

....How have I never thought of this?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Cyanin

« Reply #176 on: 25 Nov 2008, 11:45 »

Maybe it's all related!

hehe, i know what you mean, i skipped the 2nd and 3rd pages cos i wasn't bothered reading them, though gotta say it's pretty interesting.  :-P
anyone here watch house? damn i like that show, the most you could last without sleep i think is either a week or 10 days, can't remember which, and i hate all nighters, only do them when i have to study for some important exam which i've completely put off or when i'm flying abroad the next early morning (i'm a lazy bastard) , and they always make me feel like shit.  :oops:

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #177 on: 25 Nov 2008, 12:14 »

....How have I never thought of this?

I know, oh my god! This is so done tomorrow, I swear. So. Done.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #178 on: 25 Nov 2008, 12:30 »

Here is a list of things which I do not know about:

Hersheys
S'Mores
Mountain Dew
Pop Tarts
Tim Tams
Reese's Cups

I don't think this is because I'm english. I think it's because I had a sheltered childhood.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #179 on: 25 Nov 2008, 12:35 »

Far enough most of that list, but Pop Tarts? Pop Tarts were everywhere in the 90s, everyone was advertising them, not even my mother could get away and ended up falling in love with the strawberry ones.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #180 on: 25 Nov 2008, 13:50 »

Hersheys
S'Mores
Mountain Dew
Pop Tarts
Tim Tams
Reese's Cups

I don't think this is because I'm english. I think it's because I had a sheltered childhood.
Hit up American Soda for all that stuff and use the code "TGF" at checkout for free shipping.

I bought some lucky charms but you can find alot of the stuff in your list there, most of it is reasonably priced but still more than you would pay for similar stuff in the supermarket.
I just take advantage of all the offers that end up in my mailbox (Normally to buy Mountain Dew).
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #181 on: 25 Nov 2008, 13:54 »

All right...

I went to Target last week and they had a huge empty shelf space where the Tim-Tams used to be.

Now I am really curious.

I have gotten rid of most of the bad food in my house (Pop Tarts, cookies, ect.)  in order to get healthier in my eating habits.

But I am getting a box of these things come hell or high water.

Come
hell
or
high
water.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #182 on: 25 Nov 2008, 14:36 »

Hersheys
S'Mores
Mountain Dew
Pop Tarts
Tim Tams
Reese's Cups

I was about to be shocked that you've never heard of all these things before, but then I remembered how earlier in this very thread I mentioned I had never heard of Target until I went to college.  I guess it's always weird when things one person takes for granted are totally alien to another person.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #183 on: 25 Nov 2008, 16:10 »

Maybe it's all related!

How appropriate for somebody with this username to be posting about sleep deprivation. The real Edison invented the lightbulb expressly to fuck with people's sleep, he thought sleep was a sign of being a lazyass.

He was fucking crazy man

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #184 on: 25 Nov 2008, 16:22 »

i think i might buy some of these Tim Tam things you guys keep talking about.

today seems like the perfect day for it: it's rainy, i just got my internet and PS3 hooked up (finally), i have alot of weed, and my smoking buddy is probably hung over because it was his 21st b-day last night (everyone knows smoking weed cures hangovers).

tonight is going to be swee-eet.

Cyanin

« Reply #185 on: 27 Nov 2008, 10:48 »

Hersheys
S'Mores
Mountain Dew
Pop Tarts
Tim Tams
Reese's Cups

yeah, to be fair i've only heard of s'mores mountain dew and pop tarts, never actually seen em, they sell hershey's and reese's cup's in ireland, never a fan though, prefer cadbury stuff like moro's. mmmmm....moro's...

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #186 on: 27 Nov 2008, 13:11 »

S'Mores are disgusting.

Marshmallows are disgusting in general.

Yes, I hate happiness.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #187 on: 28 Nov 2008, 22:19 »

Crush a kitten while you're at it.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #188 on: 28 Nov 2008, 22:45 »

Killing kittens is my specialty. *grabs lotion*

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #189 on: 28 Nov 2008, 22:49 »

No no no you're doin it wrong. You gotta oil the drill first
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #190 on: 28 Nov 2008, 22:53 »

I'll drill for your mom's oil.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #191 on: 28 Nov 2008, 22:56 »

Original jokes!
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Cyanin

« Reply #192 on: 30 Nov 2008, 05:54 »

they're your mom jokes but they are original, we should hate you, but it's too damn funny :laugh:

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #193 on: 01 Dec 2008, 17:50 »

S'Mores are disgusting.

Marshmallows are disgusting in general.

Yes, I hate happiness.

Crush a kitten while you're at it.

Actually, by not eating marshmallows StaedlerMars is slightly LESS likely to crush any kittens.

Ingredients in Jet-Puffed marshmallows:
Corn Syrup, Sugar, Dextrose, Modified Corn Starch, Water, gelatin , Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate (Whipping Aid), Artificial Flavor, Artificial Color (Blue 1).

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #194 on: 01 Dec 2008, 21:00 »

Oh geez.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #195 on: 01 Dec 2008, 22:10 »

This is the oh shit topic. Kindly take your oh geez elsewhere.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #196 on: 01 Dec 2008, 22:29 »

yeah man

geez
it's time to stop posting

Gilead

« Reply #197 on: 01 Dec 2008, 23:17 »

Aw frignuts.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened