Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets.  (Read 30532 times)

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
Re: Pets.
« Reply #50 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:10 »

Can we see more pictures of this guy? He looks like he might be fat, and fat dogs are the best dogs.

Oh yeah, Stoney's pretty fat; but that's because she's pretty old and doesn't do much any more. It's also not uncommon for lady dogs to gain weight once they've been desexed, so that coupled with a working dog moving to a place with basically no back yard means that she's pretty overweight. We have had a long-standing joke in our family that when she dies we're going to have her stuffed (with a barrel of port inside) and make her into a coffee table.

She always looks so sad these days, though; and she's so deaf you have to actually touch her to get her attention. Poor old fat dog.

Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #51 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:58 »

This is my de-facto pet (she belongs to my housemate), Pancake.

She's pretty punk rock.

Also, she kind've looks like Falcor from the Neverending story when she doesn't have a mohawk.

Are her ears and head? actually pink, or is that just an effect of the lighting?

Here's my dog (click for larger view):
()

ducks!!!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: 21 Nov 2008, 19:10 »

So far I've had 4 dogs and 3 cats.  Right now I have one dog and one cat, new photos of them shall come soon.

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #53 on: 21 Nov 2008, 20:43 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irFfJdLZAZc
I wish my dog could do that. That would be so awesome. Teach him to 'play' the guitar. xD

I'm confused. You wish your dog could whistle, or just answer you musically?

(I'm not trying to be a douchenozzle, really. I'm just trying to figure out what Hubert did there that a dog could do.)
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #54 on: 21 Nov 2008, 21:26 »

At the moment I have:
A shitload of fish, one of them is notorious for eating the other poor fish
A cat named Bartimaeus who actively hates me
A 2nd adorable kitten name Elphaba, though she should be renamed speed racer.
And an old Lab-Mutt named Layla

Also, a while before we got layla we watched a neighbor's old dog(neighbor moved, dog died)
He was HUGE. He was a wolfhound-lab mix I think.

« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2008, 22:31 by Zombiedude »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #55 on: 21 Nov 2008, 22:07 »

My kitty is named Tigerlily. She is a brat! Currently she lives outside because she has fleas and no matter what I do I can't get rid of them. I miss her cuddles at night time. :(

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #56 on: 21 Nov 2008, 23:41 »

That is the prettiest cat..
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #57 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:47 »

Have you bathed her in anti-flea stuff? As in, got her completely soaked? There are some pretty cool anti-flea shampoos but I can't remember which one we use for our dog and it's probably different for cats too. Our kittens have fleas :s We're getting them flea collars, I hope it works because I cannot stand the idea of insects on my pets. UGH.

I have two kittens, identical except that one is fatter, and an older cat who is black and white and very gorgeous. Then we have a dog, a little terrier cross, and at my dad's there's another big fat black and white cat and a Labradoodle. Also lots of expensive goldfish in the pond, which I just can't get enthusiastic about, and dozens of chickens and two ducks. That's a lot of feeding.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #58 on: 22 Nov 2008, 03:52 »

Also, making her stay outside (where she got the fleas in the first place and where they like to hang out) probably isn't helping the situation. Maybe really clean her and fleabomb the lounge room to see if that does anything to help.

Snot (the chihuahua; he's Snot a real dog) has fleas and Dad can't work out how to get rid of them, so he keeps scratching incessantly. Fleas really are annoying little buggers!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #59 on: 22 Nov 2008, 07:11 »

I've had 4 cats: Sabrina, Samantha, Tac and Rudy. Bri and Sam died when I was young, and Tac had to be put down a few years ago...but Rudy is still around, though I hardly see him because he is always hiding. He is afraid of his own shadow (and the doorbell, and footsteps, and sudden movements - I think you get the picture).

When my stepdad moved in with us he brought a dog and I have never been a dog person...but Casey was a good first dog. He was astonishingly well-trained and obedient. He was affectionate to those he was familiar with, but when he was a puppy he lost one of his eyes and that made him sort of anti-social. He lived to be 18 and passed away in my stepdad's arms.

After that...we adopted this monster:

Bayley! When he was a puppy he was abused, and a rescue service took him in. He then bounced around from foster home to foster home, but always ended up back with the service because he was so badly behaved. We took him in when he was a little over a year old, and he was a terror. He had a radar for the most important thing in the room, and would choose to destroy that thing. It was hard, but we forgave him and kept him. Couldn't imagine my life without him. And gosh, if he isn't the cutest thing.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2008, 20:34 by allison »
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #60 on: 22 Nov 2008, 23:50 »

Tiger is allergic to the pyrethrins in most flea treatments! She cannot breathe when I wash her in them!
The vet says that this is pretty common and all we can do is treat it with expensive treatments that I have bought and they're not working, so she's staying outside. She doesn't seem to mind it at all actually.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #61 on: 23 Nov 2008, 02:02 »

cleek for beeg!
also israel

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #62 on: 23 Nov 2008, 02:18 »

I has a chihuahua. Samson the semi-wonder dog.

Alas, no photos, since I can't make my phone put pictures on the interwebs.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #63 on: 23 Nov 2008, 11:41 »

"Back the eff off. I called the TV."

"Lettuce is delicious!"

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #64 on: 23 Nov 2008, 12:02 »

@Trollsturmur: Cutest kitten ever! What is his/her name?
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #65 on: 23 Nov 2008, 12:26 »

@sandysmilinstrange : Do you recommend Cockatiels as pets? I've been thinking that some day in the future I want a pet bird, and I have several options, but really hadn't considered a cockatiel until now.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #66 on: 23 Nov 2008, 13:06 »

Some friends of ours got married - our dogs and theirs dressed up to be bridesmaids:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #67 on: 23 Nov 2008, 13:29 »

@sandysmilinstrange : Do you recommend Cockatiels as pets? I've been thinking that some day in the future I want a pet bird, and I have several options, but really hadn't considered a cockatiel until now.

Cockatiels are great low maintenance birds (even better, I'd say than parakeets) as long as you have the time for them. You should have at least an hour's time (not necessarily all at once, scattered throughout the day is fine, but at least an hour) to spend handling them/talking to them and such.

They are not even remotely aggressive and unlike most parrots, they do like being scratched and petted sometimes. Not very good talkers in my experience, but very talented whistlers. They pick songs up very quickly if you whistle on a regular basis to them.

They are much, much more low-maintenance than big parrots (that tend to turn self-destructive and mutilate themselves if they don't get enough attention), but friendlier than smaller ones like canaries and finches and such.

Be sure to get a male if it's your first bird, though. They tend to be a little friendlier and more musical.

@Trollstormur: Holy crap, that is the prettiest kitten ever! What big, curious eyes it has. ACK! The adorable.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #68 on: 23 Nov 2008, 13:37 »

Trollstormur, you need to take your kitten to a professional for a photo shoot. It's for the greater good.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #69 on: 23 Nov 2008, 13:53 »

This is a friend's parrot (same friends as got married - see my previous photo).  His wings are clipped, and he has a disorder that makes him pull his feathers out, so he wears a high collar to prevent him pecking his chest.  In this photo he is not wearing the collar as he is in a good state; but I find him very unappealling, even before he shits down my back and on the furniture.

He also destroys jewellery and pens...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #70 on: 23 Nov 2008, 16:19 »

Recently I realised that it was precisely 1 year since I got my cat Hedda. This realisation coincided with me getting a new phone on which to take crappy phone-cam photos. And also with me losing my proper camera (I found it, it was on a shelf).

She was around 8 months old when I got her, so she's around 20 months now.

lyra

• Plantmonster
  • magically delicious
« Reply #71 on: 23 Nov 2008, 16:21 »

Tiger is allergic to the pyrethrins in most flea treatments! She cannot breathe when I wash her in them!
The vet says that this is pretty common and all we can do is treat it with expensive treatments that I have bought and they're not working, so she's staying outside. She doesn't seem to mind it at all actually.

Tigerlily is beautiful!!

Have you tried using Advantage (imidicloprid) or Promeris (metaflumizone)? I would recommend Advantage...it kills fleas without them having to bite. Promeris is a newer drug and so I would try it if Advantage doesn't seem to be working. In addition to the monthly spot-on flea treatments, you should be vacuuming your house at least every other week and washing clothes/sheets/bedding regularly. Flea eggs, larvae, and pupa are found in the environment. After you vacuum, throw the bag away because if fleas hatch in the bag they can and will crawl out of the vacuum. If Tigerlily is outside, it's harder to control the fleas  unless you're also spraying your yard.
()

ducks!!!

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #72 on: 23 Nov 2008, 16:32 »

Tigerlily is a lovely cat fleas and all.

And I've always been a little in love with Hedda ever since I saw a picture of her after you adopted her over on aurostion. But then, I'm a sucker for gray cats.

And Trollstormur's kitten is still mind-blowingly adorable.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #73 on: 24 Nov 2008, 19:33 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irFfJdLZAZc
I wish my dog could do that. That would be so awesome. Teach him to 'play' the guitar. xD

I'm confused. You wish your dog could whistle, or just answer you musically?

(I'm not trying to be a douchenozzle, really. I'm just trying to figure out what Hubert did there that a dog could do.)
I loled at the douchenozzle thing for some reason. But yeah. I wish my dog could answer me musically. There was a dog in the paper that could. I was all, "Dude, no fair."

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #74 on: 25 Nov 2008, 08:19 »

This is my step-cat. She is fuzzy.

Jessidee

« Reply #75 on: 25 Nov 2008, 18:31 »

since i was a kid....
i have had:
6xdogs - d-fa, sally, lisa, max, tina and maggie
6xcats - blacki, bonnie, oliver, baylee, sammy, belvadier
about 500x budgies (small parrots)
5x chickens
6x pet mice (over a period of time)
a bunch of fish
2x pet doves (hand reared due to being mauled by other birds)
3x love birds
a worm farm
and a single rat

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #76 on: 25 Nov 2008, 18:39 »

Cat.

Fuzzy cat is fuzzy. And very pretty.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #77 on: 25 Nov 2008, 19:06 »

I believe I've posted this image before in another thread, but I thought I'd post it again anyway. This is my dog Maggot at my mother's house.

This picture really isn't catching her in her natural state at all though. Normally, she's murdering things. She is an 11 pound rat terrier mix and nothing on earth under 10 pounds has a chance in hell of escaping her. If rat baiting were legal, she would excel. She is very, very fast, and doesn't care for much that isn't people. I can't really let her outside even into a fenced yard unattended anymore because something will die.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2008, 19:13 by Alex C »

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #78 on: 25 Nov 2008, 22:12 »

Lmfao, maggot. She sounds interesting.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #79 on: 25 Nov 2008, 22:38 »

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #80 on: 25 Nov 2008, 23:28 »

That was awesome.

I used to want to do work like that, in the ocean... But..
Then I came to realize the ocean scares me. Conversation with my dad.

"So why don't you want to go be a marine biologist and go in the ocean?"
"..Because I have no idea what's down there."
"Sure we do. Big. Fucking. Monsters."

I love my dad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #81 on: 26 Nov 2008, 07:35 »

I have had 3 dogs. My family had a greyhound, but that wasn't really mine.

My stepdad had two "sons" when we met him, Saturn and Jughead.

Saturn was a German Shepherd who was a badass. This dog could do geometry and shit. You would throw a ball on the roof at an angle and BEFORE IT CAME DOWN, he would be at where it would fall. He would get between myself and my friend when we would be doing the joke wrestling and start barking at us until we stopped.

And Jughead was sorta dumb but absolutely lovable. He was Siberian Husky, and we said he was part wolf to scare away solicitors. People would see him at the door even though it was Saturn barking from behind him. We had to have Jughead put down because he couldn't walk from one side of the house to the other.

After Saturn died we got Sadie, an aussie shepherd. She was 10 weeks old when we got her and so very cute. Now she is turning into an old fat dog since the kids (my sister and I) moved out. She is so adorable.
I have always been a dog person and I consider dogs to be part of the family. If you get a dog, you don't ignore it. You spend time with it and you love it.
one of my favorite things is to just catch my dog walking by and hug em. Since sadie is small enough, I pick her up and spin her around. Dizzy dogs are funny guys.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Junodog

• Not quite a lurker
  • Beregond needs more love.
« Reply #82 on: 26 Nov 2008, 13:23 »

So far, my family has had three different cats and a dog. One cat was hit by a car and the other two disappeared, but the dog's still alive and well.

This is Juno.

She's kind of a moron at times; she's tried to get into our car before the door was entirely opened, and the one time she actually caught an animal, she killed it and got really confused as to why it wasn't moving around anymore. That was kind of depressing to watch, but also hilarious in a sick, sick way.

I also have a fish tank with one cichlid. He killed off the last of my old bunch of cichlids. I hate him but I don't have the heart to get revenge.
Quote from: Xipher from elsewhere
I'ma gonna charge my kitty vengance lazer beam. It's the cutest death ray you'll ever see.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #83 on: 26 Nov 2008, 13:26 »

Juno is freakin' adorable. Wow.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #84 on: 26 Nov 2008, 19:55 »

I also have a fish tank with one cichlid. He killed off the last of my old bunch of cichlids. I hate him but I don't have the heart to get revenge.

Okay, so this is kinda sick and demented but me and my friends were drunk and the one who owned the fish was moving and couldn't take it, and his roomate didn't want it. It had also eaten its tankmate so we felt justified. We cooked a Jack Dempsey Cichlid(is it jack dempsey? I forget but its blue and green). In beer. and then fried it in hot sauce, and then we all tried some of it (4 of us, all very drunk). I figure its death was quick (if not entirely painless) and far more interesting than being flushed down a toilet to die slowly or just thrown in the trash or outside or something, so therefore it will always be that story of that fish we cooked one time. My only regret is that we were in no shape to take pictures.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #85 on: 26 Nov 2008, 20:14 »

I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #86 on: 26 Nov 2008, 20:26 »

AGH! Shoulder cats are so cute!

And Maggot the dog. And Juno the dog.

Cat.

Fuzzy cat is fuzzy. And very pretty.

Indeed. Unforunately I'm super-pissed at her right now and considering shaving her tail.

since i was a kid....
i have had:
6xdogs - d-fa, sally, lisa, max, tina and maggie
6xcats - blacki, bonnie, oliver, baylee, sammy, belvadier
about 500x budgies (small parrots)
5x chickens
6x pet mice (over a period of time)
a bunch of fish
2x pet doves (hand reared due to being mauled by other birds)
3x love birds
a worm farm
and a single rat

Did the love birds live together or did they have separate cages? I've heard they can be really aggressive.

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #87 on: 27 Nov 2008, 05:00 »

I love that cat.
It reminded me of hide and seek.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #88 on: 27 Nov 2008, 17:11 »

Everyone loves a cat in a bag!

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #89 on: 28 Nov 2008, 03:41 »

Everyone who liked my cat

Sorry guys those pictures are over two years old, he's a big ugly cat now. His name is Paco. Unfortunately, I couldn't really think of a good name for him, so my sister got to him first. I'll never forgive her for giving my snuggly little bastard a shitty name.
also israel

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #90 on: 28 Nov 2008, 05:06 »

In the last 2 days my cat has pooped on the carpet and ate the grated cheez off the pizza I was waiting to put in the oven.

I do not like my cat much rite now.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Jessidee

« Reply #91 on: 29 Nov 2008, 17:17 »

Did the love birds live together or did they have separate cages? I've heard they can be really aggressive.
they lived together until their son/daughter killed them both, which wasnt a good sight to come across at the age of 10...

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #92 on: 29 Nov 2008, 18:24 »

Everyone loves a cat in a bag!

Waugh! The eyes!

they lived together until their son/daughter killed them both, which wasnt a good sight to come across at the age of 10...

Eek. How awful! So that's a yes on the aggressive thing, then...

Jessidee

« Reply #93 on: 29 Nov 2008, 19:59 »

very much a yes....

but it may have been that my sister and i forgot to feed them too  :roll:

mooface

« Reply #94 on: 30 Nov 2008, 09:24 »

I would like it noted that this sort of thing should be avoided. I'm not trying to piss off any animal rights types, but letting your dog sleep in your bed makes them feel a measure of dominance in a pet-provider relationship and can result in obedience problems later on.

uh, i guess this might be why my dog is a total asshole

those who have seen me post in past pet threads know that i also have a bunny.  or should i say had... i just found out from my brother that my parents sold him :(  i am really upset about this.  farewell, mussolini the demon bunny... i really miss you.

« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2008, 09:26 by mooface »

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #95 on: 30 Nov 2008, 15:30 »

I was loading up the car for yesterday's gig, and Lucy saw a space...

« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2008, 16:15 by pwhodges »

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #96 on: 30 Nov 2008, 15:37 »

Any excuse to post my photogenic dog.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #97 on: 30 Nov 2008, 15:40 »

Paul, I don't know how I missed your dogs earlier in the thread, but they are adorable. They are scruffy in the best sense of the word. Despite my ownership of a chihuahua, I prefer my dogs to be wash and wear, so to speak, and your dogs definitely look like they're too busy tearing around the yard and being awesome to have much time for being groomed all day.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #98 on: 30 Nov 2008, 15:42 »

I feel attacked by that post.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #99 on: 30 Nov 2008, 15:47 »

Sorry, but my grandfather had a dog that could have passed for Lucy's big brother back when I was just a li'l kid. Beau was awesome. He was very smart and easy to train, but he put all of his excess energy into doing Disgusting Dog Things. He was the kind of dog that could locate roadkill and bring it back home in under 20 seconds, but he did it with such gusto you couldn't really get mad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up