THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 18:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye is curvy  (Read 64630 times)

_Allan_

• Plantmonster
  • I <3 Hanners
Re: Faye is curvy
« Reply #50 on: 31 Dec 2008, 19:37 »

1 - I've dated girls accross the specturm.  From 5'4, 120 pounds (if wearing jeans, jean jacket, jean shirt, and soaked through) all the way through to 5'6, 180lb beauty.  And I can honestly say, I prefer the girl with meat on her bones.  Less chance to hurt someone that way *LOL*

2 - Are you gonna take me home tonight
Ah down beside that red firelight
Are you gonna let it all hang out
Fat bottomed girls
You make the rockin world go round

Hey I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad
But I knew life before I left my nursery
Left alone with big fat fanny
She was such a naughty nanny
Heap big woman you made a bad boy out of me
Hey hey!
 :mrgreen:
"He's fat, drinking and driving,in a furry gay outfit, covered in soot, he's smoking, and you let him in the house because he says he has something for your kids... what the hell kind of father are you anyway??" Jeff Dunham, 2008

SayWhat

« Reply #51 on: 11 Jan 2009, 12:27 »

I wonder why people feel the need to attach an over simplified number to themselves, just so they can squeeze into a category that's only going to make them wig out about their weight.

If your doctor tells you "You weigh too much, it's affecting your health negatively" and/or you struggle doing basic everyday things like showering or walking up stairs, then you're fat and need to lose some weight.

If, on the flip side, your doctor says "You're too skinny, that's part of the reason you get sick so often" then you need to gain some weight, twiggy.

What's the point of a scale like the BMI that isn't accurate, in the sense that it tells you whether you're 'fit' or not? It doesn't work for all people, but people try to apply it to everyone else.

I will never understand the point of such sayings like "Only real women have curves". There's no need to tear down and insult women who aren't naturally curvy in order to point out that women with curves are attractive too. Why not just say "Everyone is attractive to someone. Some people find chubby beautiful, other people prefer a more 'streamlined' shape. Each one has its merits."

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
  • I am Dozer the Dozarian... bring me marshmelons...
    • I'm old but I have a myspace...
« Reply #52 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:14 »

I wonder why people feel the need to attach an over simplified number to themselves, just so they can squeeze into a category that's only going to make them wig out about their weight.

If your doctor tells you "You weigh too much, it's affecting your health negatively" and/or you struggle doing basic everyday things like showering or walking up stairs, then you're fat and need to lose some weight.

If, on the flip side, your doctor says "You're too skinny, that's part of the reason you get sick so often" then you need to gain some weight, twiggy.

What's the point of a scale like the BMI that isn't accurate, in the sense that it tells you whether you're 'fit' or not? It doesn't work for all people, but people try to apply it to everyone else.

I will never understand the point of such sayings like "Only real women have curves". There's no need to tear down and insult women who aren't naturally curvy in order to point out that women with curves are attractive too. Why not just say "Everyone is attractive to someone. Some people find chubby beautiful, other people prefer a more 'streamlined' shape. Each one has its merits."

Excellent post, SayWhat...  Great point.  Personally, I like a woman with a little meat on her bones...  but that doesn't mean I haven't dated skinny girls.  I don't have anything against them...  I just typically stick to what I like and base it on personality.  Regardless of physical attraction, if you can't carry on an interesting conversation before or after the sex...  then what's the point anyway?

Just my two cents...
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #53 on: 15 Jan 2009, 08:35 »

People attach a number to it, cause most people cant make a neutral assessments about themselves, or they dont want to go to a doctor for a simple weight issue. Skinny people think they're too fat, fat people know they weigh too much but dont think it has any healthrisks.

It's like speedlimits, your car maybe be able to drive more then 50 miles and still do it safely, but that doesnt mean your risk isnt increasing if you're doing over 50miles an hour. BMI is a rough scale and should be used as a rough scale. But if your BMI is too high or too low, really dont ignore it but go talk to your physician... unless you want to go faster then the 'speedlimit'

SayWhat

« Reply #54 on: 15 Jan 2009, 14:57 »

Physical attraction is definitely important, but it shouldn't be the only thing; I know people who refuse to date guys outside their type', ie tall, fit, with the 'emo' style and facial piercings, who then complain that they never meet any 'nice guys'. Uh, hello, you just turned down a date with that really sweet guy because he has curly blonde hair and weighs more than 120 lbs. Wtf?

Personally I prefer curvier girls too, if I weren't me, I wouldn't be physically attracted to me. Waaaay too skinny.
As if that made any sense.

JonSnow: I get the 'rough scale' thing, but I meet people who obsess and starve themselves because they found out their BMI online and thought it was 'too close' to being fat. I just...dont' really understand how you can let something so...'rough' affect you to the point where you'd harm your body.

My BMI is ridiculously low, but I don't gorge on food until I throw up because I know it's just a rough scale, not to mention I did the smart thing and talked to my doctor about it.

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #55 on: 18 Jan 2009, 01:22 »

Physical attraction is definitely important, but it shouldn't be the only thing; I know people who refuse to date guys outside their type', ie tall, fit, with the 'emo' style and facial piercings, who then complain that they never meet any 'nice guys'. Uh, hello, you just turned down a date with that really sweet guy because he has curly blonde hair and weighs more than 120 lbs. Wtf?

Personally I prefer curvier girls too, if I weren't me, I wouldn't be physically attracted to me. Waaaay too skinny.
As if that made any sense.

JonSnow: I get the 'rough scale' thing, but I meet people who obsess and starve themselves because they found out their BMI online and thought it was 'too close' to being fat. I just...dont' really understand how you can let something so...'rough' affect you to the point where you'd harm your body.

My BMI is ridiculously low, but I don't gorge on food until I throw up because I know it's just a rough scale, not to mention I did the smart thing and talked to my doctor about it.

Nowhere will you find me saying people should start stuffing their faces or go on a hungerstrike because your BMI is too low or too high...
Always consult a physician about it, if you want to work on it. The easiest way to actually gain weight is eat regularly, 3 times a day, every day at the same time. Eat healthy and balanced, so not just meat or not just vegetables, blalanced. And do exercise... going jogging everyday for like 10min doesnt steal away too much precious time, and you'll be fit and have a normal bodyweight in no time.

btw for all those people saying I'm obese so I cant help being fat. Only 3% or less of the population has the required genes (T-T, and not T-A, A-T or A-A) to be obese, and this 3% is usually a group of people that have normal weight, do you know why? because even obese people can keep their posture with a healthy diet and exercise. So Obesity is NO excuse for being fat, the root of the problem lies always within the person

SuperSUGA

• Emoticontraindication
  • Blew out the Candles!
« Reply #56 on: 18 Jan 2009, 09:38 »

An excellent point here. I think "curvy" women are sort of seen as the underdog in this sort of case but, as this thread shows, it seems the vast majority of men are far from put off by women with curves. Frankly I think it must be a difficult time being a naturally slim woman when they're so often treated as some sort of evil. I don't think you need to unify under a banner based on your bodytype, it's just one part of you and is something that affects you a lot more than it affects other people.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #57 on: 18 Jan 2009, 09:43 »

So, every fat girl should donate a sandwich to every skinny girl and everyone would be happy?

Or something? :roll:

People are going to find ways to be unhappy.  It's almost as automatic as death and taxes.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

SayWhat

« Reply #58 on: 18 Jan 2009, 18:07 »

J: I've gotten accused of being anorexic from the school nurse, and several 'friends' who tell me on a near daily basis to "go eat a sandwich".  There's only so many sandwiches I can eat, lol!
I actually eat roughly 6 small meals a day, with random snackage inbetween, and it's a fairly balanced diet, though with probably more bread than necessary.  My doc said that it's just how I am, and as long as I don't lose any weight, I should be fine. And my working out is limited to walking the dogs, and occasionally kayaking. And also lifting small weights. Whheeee!

S: I've never understood it. How does me being twiggy bother other people so much, to the point where they insult me over it? I'm the one who has to spend 6 hours shopping to find two pairs of freaking jeans.
Granted, it'd be easier to find jeans if I were shorter, but oh well.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #59 on: 18 Jan 2009, 20:18 »

she really needs to lay off the donuts.
Help bring back the dragons!

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #60 on: 19 Jan 2009, 22:49 »

Like hell. Butts are supposed to jiggle.

SayWhat

« Reply #61 on: 20 Jan 2009, 17:01 »

Plus, who wouldn't like a chick you could chow down with? Srsly. I'd rather hang out with a  girl who appreciates a good KrispyKreme than one who says "No thanks, are you trying to make me fat?"

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #62 on: 20 Jan 2009, 17:11 »

Plus, who wouldn't like a chick you could chow down with? Srsly. I'd rather hang out with a  girl who appreciates a good KrispyKreme than one who says "No thanks, are you trying to make me fat?"

i swear my ex LIVED on pick'n'mix sweets, and ate loadsa junk, and was pretty much the perfect figure.  kinda slim, but by no means skinny, and kinda curvy.  she'd absolutely chow down with me, which was awesome.  it was only the complaints later on that "i'm getting fat" which were annoying, as they were all lies!

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #63 on: 20 Jan 2009, 18:24 »

lolz!!! Right on...
It is what it is... But if I kill it, then is is dead?  So if dead is is, is it dead?

SayWhat

« Reply #64 on: 20 Jan 2009, 19:32 »

i swear my ex LIVED on pick'n'mix sweets, and ate loadsa junk, and was pretty much the perfect figure.  kinda slim, but by no means skinny, and kinda curvy.  she'd absolutely chow down with me, which was awesome.  it was only the complaints later on that "i'm getting fat" which were annoying, as they were all lies!

I eat like that, but with a lot of healthy food along with the junk, and I wish I could gain some curves. I get a leetle annoyed with my friends who crab at me for 'rubbing it in their faces' that I can eat and not gain weight while they have to diet to be 'skinny', because they think they're fat. Which they're not. A size 5 is not fat. A size 12 is not fat.
They're idiots.  :roll:

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #65 on: 21 Jan 2009, 00:29 »

Since it's been brought up, what does the number in women's sizes measure?

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #66 on: 21 Jan 2009, 06:15 »

i've always wondered that, especially since UK and US sizes are different.  apparently the dreaded "size zero" in the US is equal to a UK size four....

SayWhat

« Reply #67 on: 21 Jan 2009, 13:38 »

Ugh, the stupid women's fashion measurements. They mean essentially nothing thanks to vanity sizing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_standard_clothing_size

Yes yes it's wiki, but this isn't a school paper, and this way I don't trawl through sites about BBWs and how they're superior to every other woman. [/rant]

The 'sizes' aren't even consistent through the industry, a size 3 at American Eagle is different than a 3 at Hollister, for example.

Makes it hard to find pants when your size is rare enough as is.

TheDozarian

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #68 on: 21 Jan 2009, 13:51 »

Makes it hard to find pants when your size is rare enough as is.

I can relate to that one... maybe not for pants/shirts... but for shoes...  You have any idea how hard it is to go out and just buy a size 15/16(US) in the store?  Let alone something besides a straight up basketball shoe.  The internet is the only place I can consistently find shoes...  It sucks...

SayWhat

« Reply #69 on: 21 Jan 2009, 15:21 »

I can't say much about the shoe issue, because my size is fairly common (my only issue is that I have really high arches and have to put inserts in for support, otherwise my feet ache).

My big complaint is pants. I hate shopping for pants. So much. With my waist size, I need in the 00-0-3 range. However, i also need them to be 'Longs', because my legs are long enough that regulars aren't comfortable on me. Issue, however, is that most 00-0s are 'shorts', because most people who buy them are petite. I am not short enough to be petite, sooo, pant shopping blows.

That and swimsuit shopping. It's damn hard to find two-piece swimsuits that are modest (meaning no string bikinis, teensy bottoms, etc).

I've noticed that there is clothing out there that would fit me, but a lot of it is what I would call skimpy.  Body image issues=not wanting to dress like a cheap hooker. :lol:

I had a friend who when she was in 6th grade, wore size 13 mens shoes. Now she can barely find formal wear shoes...that's got to be freaking aggravating. What's with the tiny feet thing?

KP

« Reply #70 on: 23 Jan 2009, 15:33 »

Eh, there isn't really any easy way to tell if you're at a healthy weight. BMI is good for some people (I think I'm like 27 or 28 which seemed fine to me) but for others it can get out of wack as can just using your weight. Basically the real thing is if you can handle intense physical activity or not, not some random number. Me, I'm 6'0'' 192, but I also play basketball, baseball, work out a fair amount, bike and walk a lot, etc so I don't bother worrying about BMI or weight or anything. As long as you feel good, that's probably what really counts. I used to be about ten pounds lighter for a while, but I was quite out of shape and didn't feel too great, feel much better now that I'm active again. Besides, you might just be a big boned type of person, I know I'm not tall but I've got wider shoulders so I'm naturally going to have a little more weight on me. The important thing is to keep that weight from being fat. Also, I hate looking for pants, no place sells 30X34s EVER it's annoying as hell.

HappyGrar

• Plantmonster
  • Vulcan Boob Squish'd
« Reply #71 on: 24 Jan 2009, 22:15 »

BMI has been discounted by many doctors, or so I've read. It's a useful tool for generalizing, but for specific measurements it's basically useless. Everyone else is doin' it, so...I'm about 5'8", 175 lbs, which gives me a BMI of roughly 26.6. That's in the overweight range, but that doesn't take into account the fact that I've got a thicker build than most, more muscle and bone than fat. That's also not to mention that I was about 190 (a BMI of nearly 29) due to greater muscle mass back when I was swimming, and was in far better shape than I currently am.

Meaning, any doctor who was to look at my swimming weight (and BMI) alone and tell me to stop hitting the Krispy Kremes and get off my fat ass would have been gravely mistaken. It's a better measure for those with a normal distribution of muscle, fat, and bone, a group which definitely does not include athletes.

As for body image...I'll just put it out there that I didn't consider myself fat at all, even since I stopped swimming, until I got to college. Has anyone on this forum ever BEEN to Arizona State? This place is Stepford if I ever saw it. A bunch of frickin' creepy-ass size-zero clones. *shudder* And that's not to bash on SayWhat, above, because your weight is a natural thing that you can't help in the least. Theirs, I presume, is the result of a diet that consists entirely of Red Bull, cocaine, and petty bitching.  :-P
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 22:26 by HappyGrar »

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #72 on: 24 Jan 2009, 23:24 »

Sorry, but you have to have a lot more muscle mass than any regular swimmer for your BMI to be that far off. You would still have a decent amount of fat.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 05:28 by Spluff »
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Zingoleb

« Reply #73 on: 24 Jan 2009, 23:25 »

Shoe shopping sucks. They only stock up to 13's in my county. >.<

I have weight issues as a guy, and I'd probably end up being a bulimic if it weren't for the fact that I don't have a gag reflex.

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #74 on: 25 Jan 2009, 02:26 »

As for body image...I'll just put it out there that I didn't consider myself fat at all, even since I stopped swimming, until I got to college. Has anyone on this forum ever BEEN to Arizona State? This place is Stepford if I ever saw it. A bunch of frickin' creepy-ass size-zero clones. *shudder* And that's not to bash on SayWhat, above, because your weight is a natural thing that you can't help in the least. Theirs, I presume, is the result of a diet that consists entirely of Red Bull, cocaine, and petty bitching.  :-P

What the hell? The entire point of diets, and half of the health industry is based on the fact that you CAN HELP YOUR WEIGHT. Even people who are skinny and tiny, if they eat a highcarb diet and go to the fitness to work this up into muscle can gain weight. And if you weigh too much it's nothing exercise and a decent diet cant help. Why else would people with the obesity gene (not the trait, but the real gene) be able to stay among the skinnier of the fatter people? If not by working out and eating healthy they can manage their weight (even though they have a disease that makes them fatter).

and if you have a BMI of 29 just because of your muscle mass, you aint no swimmer you're a friggin bodybuilder, lay of the steroids.

Golani

« Reply #75 on: 25 Jan 2009, 21:08 »

Most of my female-friends are like Faye* in appearance, (and one including temperment). I myself dislike (the appearance) of overly-skinny women (who do that to themselves on purpose, not meaning people who can't help it) As a matter of a fact, two of my skinny friends hate being that, and no matter what they eat, they will never become as fat as Faye, just because of biological disorders. People call them Anemic, when they aren't. Anyway, I'm going off track.

The female figure now-a-days is protrayed as being slim, and slim being sexy. Faye (while being my definition of sexy), is more like the modern woman. Though she herself is a little prettier than 55% of the female population. Anyway, Jeph's comic won me over for how he portrayed everyone's different personalities, down to their figure. Faye is a great example.

*She is also my favorite character.

gobbleykins

« Reply #76 on: 25 Jan 2009, 21:35 »

Sorry to disrupt the weight discussion, but have any of you noticed (primarily referenced in the last two comics) how lazy Faye has been? Either that or she is a compulsive liar/ has responsibility issues. She says first that it's Penny's turn to clean up blood, then she shunts blood-cleaning off onto Raven (could be vise-versa, cba to check). What the hell? Stop being lazy Faye and clean up the damn blood.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2009, 21:39 by gobbleykins »

Zingoleb

« Reply #77 on: 25 Jan 2009, 22:12 »

You clean up the damn blood! It's all yours, anyways!

And quit passing out!

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #78 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:27 »

You know why skinny women are portrayed by the media as being sexy? Because people will always pick the most unique things to be called beautiful. The problem isnt that Faye is not skinny enough, the problem is that most modern people are getting fatter. and the skinny people are slowly but steadily disappearing into a forest fo chubbiness.  (example: the USA has now more morbidly obese people, then overweight people. With morbidly obese being, so fat your life is actually in danger, if you want an inaccurate BMI : 28+) In England the average weight of a person has gone up by a third in the last 5 years alone.

Now I wouldn't be opposed if it was just people getting fatter, but there's huge healthrisks involved, more so for woman who grow fat at an early age. A woman will menstruate for the first time as soon as her bodyfat reaches a certain level. And the longer between your first period and your first baby, the higher your chances for breastcancer (and this at an almost exponential rate). As girls are getting fatter faster, they'll have their first period at around the age of 11, 12 now, but they wont have a child until they're in their late 20's or early 30's. So please do not dismiss being overweight or even worse being morbidly obese, as something you cant help. You can help anything if you want it enough

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #79 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:36 »

I don't know if I have been hanging around Discuss for too long, but can we get some sources for this information you're spouting? I would think that going through puberty would have more influence on when a girl gets her first period than her body weight. Some website or articles would be nice so that it doesn't sound like you are making up random bullshit.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #80 on: 26 Jan 2009, 03:49 »

Most girls menstruate once every 4 weeks, give or take. Fat girls menstrate every 4 minutes. Due to their BMI being so much higher, their body is constantly trying to get rid of extra weight, so they continually menstrate since most of them won't be trying to fertalize any children any time soon. Unfortunately since they eat more, it balances out.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #81 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:03 »

In England the average weight of a person has gone up by a third in the last 5 years alone.

Where on earth did you get that frankly absurd figure?  All I can find (quickly) is a 2004 survey that showed that the average UK female's weight had risen from 61.5kg to 65kg over the previous 50 years.  As a guess, are you perhaps misreading a statement that the number of obese people has gone up by a third?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jtheory

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • overthink backscatter
« Reply #82 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:21 »

In England the average weight of a person has gone up by a third in the last 5 years alone.

What

A woman will menstruate for the first time as soon as her bodyfat reaches a certain level.

What?

Fat girls menstrate every 4 minutes.

What?!

What is going on in this thread?

Let's make a rule: no more posting silly medical claims without links to reputable sources.  Hell, any source at all would be useful.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #83 on: 26 Jan 2009, 05:23 »

Quote from: Dr. Spaceman
Fat women do menstrate every 4 minutes. It's a fact. Like Sex Panther. It works. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

JonSnow

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #84 on: 26 Jan 2009, 09:58 »

Girls are getting their first period younger and younger, the main reason is prosperity and not because puberty starts kicking in early. The female hormonal cycle that causes ovulation and accordingly menstruation jumpstarts when that girls bodyfat reaches a certain level, this is a scientific proven fact.

quote from: http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0617.htm
"The first menstrual period of an adolescent girl is known as the menarche. Studies have proven that intense exercise can delay the onset of menarche by disrupting the hormonal patterns that control menstruation. A girl who has not reached menarche by age 15 would be considered abnormal by most doctors. But this does not necessarily imply that she has a medical problem. She may be a late starter for genetic reasons. Or it could be that her exercise habit has kept her body fat levels below what is needed to trigger menstruation."

quote from: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_6_20/ai_94981928
"Why, given a group of women with similar exercise programs and low percentages of body fat, do some experience menstrual problems and others do not? The answer usually relates to nutrition. Women with amenorrhea may be striving to maintain a weight lower than appropriate for their genetics. When the cost of achieving this desired leanness is inadequate nutrition, menstruation will cease."

As both articles clearly state a woman with her bodyfat below a certain level (depending on her genetics) will not menstruate. So if a girl would stay below that weight she would never menstruate. Because of our prosperity we gain more bodyfat and thus modern girls menstruate sooner. Because if keeping somebody from reaching a certain amount of bodyfat prevents menstruation, allowing her to reach that bodyfat at an earlier then normal age, will allow menstruation to start op sooner then is to be expected naturally.

The link between breastcancer and early first period, late first child is simply explained due to hormones. The longer a woman waits before getting her first child the longer her body is exposed to the hormones,
quote from:
"Pregnancy-Related Factors that Protect Against Breast Cancer

Some factors associated with pregnancy are known to reduce a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer later in life:

The younger a woman has her first child, the lower her risk of developing breast cancer during her lifetime.
A woman who has her first child after the age of 35 has approximately twice the risk of developing breast cancer as a woman who has a child before age 20.
A woman who has her first child around age 30 has approximately the same lifetime risk of developing breast cancer as a woman who has never given birth.
Having more than one child decreases a woman’s chances of developing breast cancer. In particular, having more than one child at a younger age decreases a woman’s chances of developing breast cancer during her lifetime.
Although not fully understood, research suggests that pre-eclampsia, a pathologic condition that sometimes develops during pregnancy, is associated with a decrease in breast cancer risk in the offspring, and there is some evidence of a protective effect for the mother.
After pregnancy, breastfeeding for a long period of time (for example, a year or longer) further reduces breast cancer risk by a small amount."

"Other Breast Cancer Risk Factors Not Related to Pregnancy

At present, other factors known to increase a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer include age (a woman’s chances of getting breast cancer increase as she gets older), a family history of breast cancer in a first degree relative (mother, sister, or daughter), an early age at first menstrual period (before age 12), a late age at menopause (after age 55), use of menopausal hormone replacement drugs, and certain breast conditions."

I could have misread the how fat english have become article. And that people with obesity have grown by 33% instead of the average weight going up.

« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 10:11 by JonSnow »

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #85 on: 26 Jan 2009, 10:30 »

I too consider Faye's build to be the sexiest, especially in real life. Helps that I'm an ass man. ;)

My ex has a figure rather like that. Smaller boobs though... but she has a great butt, which is pretty much all I need for physical attraction. ;) (Had mental attraction long before I even knew what she looked like)
Though since we were in an internet relationship and she had a crappy camera I never really got a good look at the rest of her body (besides her face) until a while after we broke up*, when she got herself a pretty good camera... and damn.

*But still good friends, which is why I've even seen her pictures.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 10:39 by Superkid11 »

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #86 on: 26 Jan 2009, 12:11 »

Like hell. Butts are supposed to jiggle.

jiggle, not tremble like mexico city in an earthquake.

Naira

• Not quite a lurker
  • Chicks dig Elder Gods
« Reply #87 on: 26 Jan 2009, 17:24 »

Personally, I appreciate the portrayal of Faye.

I'm with all the others here who have said that they're Faye-ish in their figures. I actually like having my figure, as opposed to any other. I would personally find the pear or stick figures to be rather annoying.

Of course, I have my moments of raging insecurity, but once I tell my brain to shut up and sit in a corner, all is well again and I can appreciate that I have a figure that many of my friends would kill for.

And, honestly...I don't mind the occasional joke that Jeph throws out. For me, it's pretty much based on reality. My boobs are the center of dozens of jokes that my friends have told over the years. Maybe boobs are inherently funny.

But really, the jokes and the back and forth sarcasm is a reality for me, so I don't mind it being reflected in a comic. I paid my years as being the insecure fat girl in school. I just can't be bothered to care anymore if someone DOES really think that I am overweight. They can bite my big, luscious booty.
You're going to die anyway
You may as well knit.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #88 on: 26 Jan 2009, 18:04 »

Sez you.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #89 on: 26 Jan 2009, 21:27 »

Fat women do menstrate every 4 minutes. It's a fact. Like Sex Panther. It works. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

He's... Dr. Tran.

SayWhat

« Reply #90 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:50 »

He's... Dr. Tran.

So when are the hot, american dickings going to be handed out?

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #91 on: 27 Jan 2009, 05:43 »

He's... Dr. Tran.

Coming right up.
Wait, what?
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #92 on: 27 Jan 2009, 08:57 »

Sez you.

I sez it, therefore it is true.

lol, I like a girl with body. But too chubby is just not attractive.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #93 on: 27 Jan 2009, 09:07 »

He's... Dr. Tran.

Coming right up.
Wait, what?

YOU AREN'T AMERICAN! I'll pass out those dickings.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Random832

« Reply #94 on: 27 Jan 2009, 10:28 »

It's like speedlimits, your car maybe be able to drive more then 50 miles and still do it safely, but that doesnt mean your risk isnt increasing if you're doing over 50miles an hour.

Poor analogy, since if everyone else on the road is going at 60 miles per hour, your risk may actually be decreasing as you go up from 50 towards 60. Risk of an accident is more complicated than "moar speed = moar riskz"

BMI on the other hand is a fundamentally broken scale, and doesn't even mean what it claims to mean outside of a certain presumed height / body fat percentage range

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #95 on: 27 Jan 2009, 11:13 »

its not a broken scale.
*drumroll*
only really fat people can do that.

BMI essentially measures ratios which ultimately determines the weight placed on the preson.

carvin

• Not quite a lurker
    • BESM Wikia
« Reply #96 on: 27 Jan 2009, 12:27 »

First off, Faye has some curve but isn't that big. I wish she was, but she isn't big, plump, or chubby and certainly not fat. This may not be true if the art style specifically makes people look thinner... but I don't quite get that feeling. I've seen a few plump characters in the background to confirm this.

Secondly, the BMI is extremely poor at rating anything. Body fat counts are a bit better. Still, the core concern is health. In that mind let us consider the actual meaningful 'numbers'.

Fat is used to store energy, vitamins and minerals. It is a needed component in a person's diet. It is also a needed component in a person's body. Without fat it is hard to absorb many of the vitamins and minerals that are needed to keep a healthy mind and body. Certain fats are especially needed for women in concerns of female cycles, child birth and breast feeding. Obviously there is another end of this as too much fat can cause concerns with blood pressure, cholesterol, and other micro systems (as macro systems. This doesn't mean minor). The reality of most of these concerns are rooted in this: lack of muscle work and calorie burning. An idle system will become addled.

TL;DR    In  other words, an active system that is taking in enough minerals, vitamins, and nutrients and can keep them till needed is healthy. This simply isn't something that can be measured, only striven for. You can see some possible evidence in things like weight, BMI etc., but these are educated guesses at best and more often deceptive.

Other than being healthy a person must be confident in their body and feel good in it. This can be done at almost any weight, but it is easier within the first standard deviation of the person's perceived world. Media represents a lower bell curve of weights than real life , though some portions are lower and some are higher. Since we usually see more people via media than via real life. Still, there are tons and tons of reasons why people can have a difficult time with their bodies.

Random832

« Reply #97 on: 28 Jan 2009, 11:20 »

BMI essentially measures ratios which ultimately determines the weight placed on the preson.

Anything can measure ratios. But "height squared" is a meaningless quantity and thus so is any ratio based on it.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #98 on: 28 Jan 2009, 12:48 »

Most of you who are saying you are "curvy like faye" are probably just fat. You know this right? That there is a difference, between fat and curvy?

You are probably fat.

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #99 on: 28 Jan 2009, 13:02 »

Awfully presumptuous.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up