THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas! Gifts! Parties! Etc!  (Read 24636 times)

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: Christmas! Gifts! Parties! Etc!
« Reply #100 on: 09 Dec 2008, 07:19 »

I may be doing that. My dad's the president of a social club in town, and they hang out and drink beers every Christmas eve. It's actually a really fun time.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #101 on: 09 Dec 2008, 07:36 »

Also, why the fuck does it matter? Jesus, why do people have to be so difficult? If I want to spend $100 on someone, then no one should read into it. It means nothing other than "The gift I wanted to get you cost $100"

Wouldn't you feel like an absolute shit if your friend bought you a $100 gift but you could only really afford to spend around $20 on them? I know not everyone's the same, but most people I've ever encountered prefer people avoid getting them expensive gifts if they can't afford to reciprocate. It comes off somewhere between "I am a shitty friend who can't budget properly enough to get them a nice gift" and "the fuck do they have to rub it in?"

lamest christmas party ever.

I am pretty sure that I could beat that if I put you, Eed and Linds into a room together. It would likely be four hours of yarn talk.

Has anyone done that thing in this thread where they are all classic grinch and I hate Xmas bloo bloo blooo yet?

Maybe. A bloo bloo bloo it must be lonely up on your mountain watching all the Whos have fun while you cry all alone into your scotch and small yappy dog.

I am going to enjoy a rousing game of Zooziver Carsey and maybe dine on some roast beast.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #102 on: 09 Dec 2008, 14:23 »

Buy him binoculars Nick.  They LOVE that shit.

Heh, that would cover both interest groups... but might be too pricey. Unless I can find a pair of those novelty fake ones that have a picture of a scantily clad woman from the 70's at the end of them.

Need a gift for a microbiologist? POW! It doesn't matter if they're middle-aged, all microbiologists love these things!

The giant microbes aren't a bad idea, but I don't have time to order one... I think they sell them out at NSW Uni, though...  Hmm. Also, I'd probably need a mycobacterium.

Thanks for the suggestions.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #103 on: 09 Dec 2008, 19:59 »

Ok I ended up getting him 8 different fake moustaches and some chocolate. I didn't really want to put much effort into this, to be honest.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #104 on: 09 Dec 2008, 21:38 »

Okay yay, I got my stepmom some astronaut ice cream from Thinkgeek (she is a home ec teacher and likes food), and my dad, stepbrothers, and my good friend are getting some cool shirts (also from Thinkgeek). Still working on what I can get my big sis, but it'll probably be able to wait until we meet up in London right after Christmas. And I got my lady one of those coffee mugs that looks like a paper cup (Ruyi, you are a fucking angel for that suggestion), because she drinks something like 3467465 cups of coffee a day.

Still no clue what to get my mom, though. I don't want to give her the same thing as my stepmonster, but she also has just about everything ever that could possibly be related to food. I realized that we're going to be going to Britain right after Christmas, so getting her Indian food supplies is just going to be redundant, because that and English cheddar are the only things she ever buys there.

I am kindof fucked.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #105 on: 09 Dec 2008, 22:55 »

I have one of those cups Patrick. It is awesome.  I drew all over it so it is even better.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #106 on: 10 Dec 2008, 00:08 »

Jodie you just gave me a brilliant idea. Tara loves to draw. She wants to go to art school. IT IS PERFECT, I'll fill the fucker with multicolored Sharpies.

<33333 you just made Christmas like 3598634 times better
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #107 on: 10 Dec 2008, 00:10 »

The internet is helpful.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #108 on: 10 Dec 2008, 09:05 »

Patrick, check the gift guides on Etsy, probably easy to find something for your mom there
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #109 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:38 »

Just to derail slightly, what's the deal with Canadian Thanksgiving? I know American Thanksgiving is this creepy holiday based around a very dubious story about the colonists and the Native Americans coming together that completely erases how fucked the colonisation of America was, but what are Canadians celebrating??

As for Christmas... I am ever so slightly offended at having to celebrate Christian holidays all through the year but whatever. Too much of a pain to change. Traditionally our Christmases suck though I generally love buying gifts but have no bloody money this year so it's not much of a holiday season for me. Working Boxing Day and 2nd Jan, probably have some sort of food-orientated-thing with my family and my partner's and drink too much. Kickboxing's running straight through so that's cool.

Bought my mother a Lush bath thingy in lieu of the real present I can't afford, might see if I can scrape in enough money to get my little brother and sister (9 & 7) a bow so I can take them out shooting. Good bonding. I guess I did throw about $200 at a secret santa to someone in Canada... I really like buying gifts, and it was too much fun to be sensible.  :oops:

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #110 on: 10 Dec 2008, 19:01 »

Yay! Drama Club is having secret santas! I'm so happy! I love secret Santas! (why do I keep typing secret satans?)
But yes. Christmas party is on the 19th. We will listen to loud Christmas songs and rawk out and eat food. Oh fuck. Now I have to exercise it all off. Christmas is a bad time to be dieting. Ugh.
Anyway.
I'm going to poke around at the dollar store and put together an awesome gift thingy.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #111 on: 10 Dec 2008, 20:03 »

Thanksgiving is more a celebration of the harvest than anything else, really. Hence, the Canadians celebrate on themselves at an earlier point in the year with their harvest coming earlier.

And if you're seriously bothered by Christmas because of religious connections, you probably have been hiding from society for the past two or three decades.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Fenriswolf

« Reply #112 on: 10 Dec 2008, 20:08 »

Thanksgiving is more a celebration of the harvest than anything else, really. Hence, the Canadians celebrate on themselves at an earlier point in the year with their harvest coming earlier.
Hey, this is logical!

And if you're seriously bothered by Christmas because of religious connections, you probably have been hiding from society for the past two or three decades.
Hey I'm bothered by creepy consumerism too.  :-D It doesn't upset me per se, I'd just really rather not have religious holidays of any stripe - there are lots of religions around, it'd be more fair to have secular holidays and let everyone who's genuinely passionate about their religion celebrate it on their own time.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #113 on: 11 Dec 2008, 15:05 »

I like how my family does Christmas-Minimal religion beyond some of the songs, not a lot of the wild consumerism.  The whole family has actually decided to make this year an official anti-junk year.  It is pretty cool.  My mother and aunt are adopting a family (you buy presents and dinner for a family that couldn't afford it) as their "gift" to each other.  I dig this idea a lot.

I do like holiday shopping though.  I get this sick, sentimental glee when I find the perfect item for someone.  I have done pretty well with gift buying this year.  I usually designate about ten dollars per person, but I actually managed to get by on less this year, which is good because I am broke like everyone else. 

My suggestions for gifts that are low budget, but always well received:

Used books.  If you have a used book store near you, spend a few hours browsing the shelves.  You will usually find some really excellent books that are out of print or otherwise not found at Barnes and Noble or similar chain stores. For example, this year I found my sister a book on the Ghosts of the Civil war, which I couldn't even believe existed.  She's a Civil War buff who likes ghost hunter shows.  It was too perfect.

Booze.  Who wouldn't appreciate a six pack of their favorite beer?  It won't last, but that's okay, and it's definitely something they like and will enjoy.

Knitted stuff.  Relatives love homemade shit.   

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #114 on: 11 Dec 2008, 19:57 »

Hey I'm bothered by creepy consumerism too.  :-D It doesn't upset me per se, I'd just really rather not have religious holidays of any stripe - there are lots of religions around, it'd be more fair to have secular holidays and let everyone who's genuinely passionate about their religion celebrate it on their own time.

Well you can always think of it as a celebration of the winter solstice like it was before christianity came around!

Along darkbluerabbit's line of thinking....beer/wine of the month clubs are always good (because that way even when the booze goes away it comes back in 30 days!)
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Fenriswolf

« Reply #115 on: 11 Dec 2008, 20:56 »

Well, summer soltice here. And I pretty much do. :laugh:

As for my present priorities, I am bad. I'm just gonna press lollies onto ze childrens and buy a bow later, I spent that money (*cough* and some) on a tea pot, flash green tea, and some massages for my partner instead. So much for not buying presents...

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #116 on: 11 Dec 2008, 20:57 »

Woops...I suck  :oops:
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #117 on: 24 Dec 2008, 05:00 »

Hey, it's technically Christmas here now y'know.

So, uh, merry Christmas guys.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #118 on: 24 Dec 2008, 05:01 »

take THAT, Jens
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

CardinalFang

« Reply #119 on: 24 Dec 2008, 05:01 »

Technically Merry Christmas to you to!!
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #120 on: 24 Dec 2008, 05:53 »

Happy Christmas, Australia!

I dunno. It's still October over here.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #121 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:19 »

I'm about to sit down to eat an awesome Christmas dinner (pork steak, I guess? Something like that), and then it's time for cake and, uhm, whipped cream with cloudberry (so good!), and then some more cakes and presents.

Awesomeness to commence! My parents have even realized that they won't get anything more done tonight, so they're not as stressed right now. Merry Christmas, people!

Metope

« Reply #122 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:29 »

Merry Christmas from Jens, me and some of our relatives!

(Technically this is from last year's Christmas, but you know, Christmas is Christmas so I'd say it's still somewhat relevant.)
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #123 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:37 »

Kris, why do you look so pissed off?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #124 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:48 »

Because she got shafted with the stool seat.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #125 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:48 »

Nice curtains. (tee hee)

And yayyy for the lovely Norwegian family!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Metope

« Reply #126 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:55 »

Yeah Shane, Tyler is right. And Liz, don't make fun of my grandparent's taste in curtains (ok, I looked at the pic again and jeez, those curtains are horrible. Make fun all you want).

I'm gonna go eat delicious Christmas food now, so everyone have a great evening!

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #127 on: 24 Dec 2008, 11:05 »

I finally finished my shopping about an hour ago!

Of course I only started yesterday. I still have to my make my mom's present, though, which will be kind of annoying. I'm not sure if what I have planned will even work...I hope it does. If not, I won't have a present for my mom, and I will be screwed.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #128 on: 24 Dec 2008, 14:26 »

Tonight ended up being great for a while, then crappy, then okay. The food was excellent and while Christmas dinners now consist of just the five of us, as opposed to about 10 or more earlier years, it was mostly really nice. Everyone got along well for a while, then not so well, but then the ones who were left got along well and decided not to worry about things, which was great, for once. My mom tends to always worry about things and drive me insane, so it was a pleasant relief. Watching some lame ass Hallmark movie with Denise Richards and Dean Cain after the cakes kinda sucked, but ah well.

Tonight's gifts:
- Creative Inspire T10 speakers for my laptop and/or iPod
- About 3000kr, which will probably go towards the Tokyo-trip
- Gift certificate from H&M
- Two gift certificates for the cinema
- Some expensive Kerastase-stuff for my hair, but it's for dyed hair and hair that is exposed to the sun a lot? What? Not my hair.
- Okkervil River - The Stage Names
- Feist - The Reminder
- The movie "Once"
- Some silverware
- Minnie Mouse socks?
- Felted wool seating seating pad in the colors of my favourite football team
- Gloves
- Some weird little pouch that looked like it was from a toy store and some candy.

Overall, nice Christmas so far. Could've been better, if my arm didn't still hurt after a slight, uhm, argument, but I guess all things considered, still nice. Pretty pleased with the gifts, even though they weren't very exciting and I got more varied stuff last year, but I pretty much just asked for money and the speakers, so yeah..

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #129 on: 24 Dec 2008, 14:29 »

Happy Christmas Aussies and Norwegs:)
I've already exchanged stockings with Chris (dude has a SOLID handle on the kind of jewelry I wear, LOVE it) so I get to stretch christmas out over the next few days with my family and his down in NC.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Metope

« Reply #130 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:01 »

This years Christmas Eve was awesome! Tomorrow I'm going to a Christmas brunch with dad's part of the family, and friday it's Christmas dinner with mom's part of the family. On the present note, this is what I got:

- An easel
- An acrylic painting set: paint, brushes, canvas and paint spatulas in a nice wooden suitcase (thank you, Jens!)
- A toasting iron/grill
- Two sets of frosted window film, which is great because my apartment is on the first floor, and I'd love to have some privacy without keeping the curtains shut all the time.
- 200 kr
- One gift certificate at a record shop
- A necklace
- A scarf and a hat
- Blue scissors with beads who sparkle
- A pink toy car
- An old fashioned pharmaceutical jar who has the words Chinin. Sulfuric. inscribed on the front (old malaria medicine or something. Note: there was no medicine in the jar).
- Two towels
- A tool kit
- Fuzzy slippers who are extremely comfortable
- Scented candles and a pretty candle holder
- A sauce mug (I guess that's not the real name for it, but I don't know the English word for "sausenebb", if there is one at all. Help me out here if you can, fellow Norwegians.)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you soooo much, family and friends. Jens is the only one of them who will read this, but I'm writing it anyway because all of the gifts were so amazing. Thank you!

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #131 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:02 »

I am very jealous of that haul.

Metope

« Reply #132 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:36 »

Yes, that sounds like it could be it. Thank you, Sam!
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2008, 15:45 by Metope »

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #133 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:44 »

Metope

« Reply #134 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:45 »

Yeah, except mine is much more stylish.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #135 on: 24 Dec 2008, 15:52 »

Oh, frosted window film! Any idea where I can get that? I have my curtains shut 24/7 because my dorm room window is on the 2nd floor, but faces the admin-building, so everyone and their sister walks by there every day, and you can basically see my entire room if they aren't pulled shut, but I just lose so much light that way.

I'm now finishing off Christmas Eve (well, technically it's Christmas Day now) by watching How I Met Your Mother (a Christmas episode (not on purpose), even!) with the nice brother. Good times.

Metope

« Reply #136 on: 24 Dec 2008, 16:07 »

My friend bought them at a store called "Designertorget", but I haven't seen that store anywhere outside of Oslo. If you're ever in Oslo, go to Byporten Shopping, that's where it's located. I bet you can find some on the internet too, but my guess is that's sorta expensive. Good luck finding it anyway!

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #137 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:21 »

jason and i made a christmas.

he got me something shiny from tiffany's.

i got him(us) something shiny too.

other things we got:
me: garmin gps navigator, foot spa, jewelry box, mummy tomb of the dragon emperor dvd (hells yes terrible movie that i love), barnes and noble gift certificate, bananagrams, lots of chocolate, socks, knitting calendar.
jason: rockband 2, fallout 3, arrested development season 2, zombie survival guide book, peacoat, skibs, food processor/blender.

it was a good christmas. ^_^
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #138 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:45 »

Our Band Could Be Your Life by Michael Azerrad

Oh hey! I literally started this yesterday. At the beginning when Azerrad is being all "FUCK YEAH DIY" I was kind of put off because it seemed really self-righteous, but one I got into it it is fun and informative and pretty well written. Yay good books! It really makes me want to read Get in the Van, as well.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #139 on: 25 Dec 2008, 01:40 »

I want all of Yelley's Jason's presents
it's time to stop posting

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #140 on: 25 Dec 2008, 01:43 »

Actually I want Yelley's presents too, except for the crappy movie.
it's time to stop posting

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #141 on: 25 Dec 2008, 01:48 »

it is a pretty crappy movie. but damn, i love me some brendan fraser and jet li.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #142 on: 25 Dec 2008, 02:23 »

This years haul:
- A collection of letters written to and by Groucho Marx - from my brother.
- The Farseer Trilogy (Assassin's Apprentice, Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest) by Robin Hobb - from my girlfriend
- The Official X-Men 3 Game for the Xbox360 - from my girlfriend
- A pair of underpants with skulls all over them (if you check certain parts of the internet you may see me showing them off? Who knows??) - from my girlfriend
- 3 t-shirts with cool skull designs - from my girlfriend's mum
- A pretty cool looking cookbook - from my girlfriend's mum
- A pair of black longjohns - from my folks
- A black longsleeve thermal undershirt - from my folks
- A set of Lynx (Axe to you Yankees) shower gel/deoderant/anti-perspirant/cologne - from my folks
- $200 cash - from my folks
- $50 cash - from my aunt and uncle
- $50 cash from my grandma
- $100 cash from my mother
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream byBarack Obama - from my mum
- A dvd of Black Balloon (a film I've never seen before but I hear it's very dramatic and whatnot) - from my mum

Not bad, all things considered.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #143 on: 25 Dec 2008, 02:55 »

This years haul:

You're also getting a scarf from me when I finish it and see you next!

So far I have only gotten a few of my presents, but will get more when I see my family tomorrow. So far I received:

Bill Bailey dvds! Now I have all his shows that are available, whoo!
Pop Charts book - a book of those graphs and charts based on songs
a $25 sanity voucher

I did spend today (christmas) with Ben's family, meeting some of his relatives and his brother's inlaws and taking photos of his new niece and eating a lot of food. Oh god, the food. Tomorrow I am driving up to Newcastle to see my family where there will be more food. I am pretty sure they will like what we got them, so I am pretty sure the 2 hour drive will be worth it.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #144 on: 25 Dec 2008, 06:45 »

Good christmas. I was enjoying the deal, giving and receiving gifts, etc. when I get to my twin brother's present for me. I open a big bag in which he included an old LP player, The Great Destroyer, The Sunlandic Twins, and some Decemberists single.

My brother is the best.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #145 on: 25 Dec 2008, 08:01 »

=

(The beard was longer before but I've got new trimmers to keep it a bit tidy, although I went a bit shorter than I hoped, and my skin isnt normally so gready...just waiting to have a bath).

And also, just to back up a point from the Soccer Team thread -

Also I got - A new laptop charger
- Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama
- The DC Encyclopedia (Have wanted this for AGES)
- Batman Begins and Dark Knight Special Edition boxset.
- £20 Borders Voucher
- £35 Topman voucher
- Tools (I do a lot of DIY at my girlfriends house)
- A large array of toiletries

Not a bad haul this year seeing as I am now nearly 22 and should be of the age where people stop buying for me!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #146 on: 25 Dec 2008, 10:17 »

Santa brought me a set of three non stick cake tins! With a buckle for easy removal of the bottom to get at the cakey goodness inside!

I am going to do some mad baking for new year.

I also got some DVDs, a one pot cook book, a selection of beer, and some monies. All in all a pretty good day.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #147 on: 25 Dec 2008, 18:19 »

I had a very good Christmas! Received a lot of gift cards..which are nice, but my feeling is kind of: if you want to have me choose my own gift, well, why not give me a check? It may be less "fun," but wouldn't it be more practical? I am honestly never going to use 25 dollars at Kohls. All of my gifts, to my family members, friends and girlfriend were successes though!

That's one thing I've noticed as I've gotten older. As much as I love getting gifts, I like it even better when I have a really great present to give to someone that I know they'll love.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #148 on: 25 Dec 2008, 18:33 »

Christmas could've been better but with the economy and all I'm satisfied with what I got..

- Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick
- T-shirt with an awesome speech bubble that you can write in and it washes off
- Across The Universe
- Sweeney Todd
- The Dark Knight
- Awesome Mountain Dew and Pepsi lounge pants to match my Yoohoo and Dr. Pepper ones
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

phbihop

« Reply #149 on: 25 Dec 2008, 18:57 »

I got:

- A gift card to REI -- gonna buy some ski socks with that
- A lift ticket to a local ski area
- A beanie (not a ski one, one to just wear around)
- A fleece
- A binocular-shaped flask (random)

I think that's about it, but it was more than I expected, really. I was more excited for the gifts I gave, to be honest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up