THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 10:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!  (Read 44392 times)

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!
« Reply #200 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:49 »

I think it's an automatic ew in my head because I have shared a bathroom my whole life. I don't want to think of stepping into a shower and knowing I might be walking in someone else's pee! I would avoid that in any other situation, so I extend that courtesy to people I share a shower with.

Also morning pee where you're all kind of dehydrated from not drinking all night smells pretty bad. Can you imagine being trapped in a steamy shower with that smell? Ack.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

eddie

• Furry furrier
« Reply #201 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:51 »

It always gets rinsed away, I don't think anyone pisses in the shower and thinks "you know what I think I'll just leave that there"

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #202 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:05 »

I am totally not grossed out by pee at all, it is probably the 'cleanest' thing that comes out of the human body.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #203 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:10 »

two doors one room

This reminds me of something relevant to poop-talk...
I noticed, but I kept it in because it amused me.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #204 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:18 »

People are rite, pee is sterile (if you are healthy) but pressure of how hard you can pee might be an issue. Outside after enough beer I can pee for a good 2 or even 3 yards distance and maintain if for maybe 10 seconds at best. I am sure alot of guys can do better, the only thing is because your urethra is not a perfect circle tube the way it comes out means it goes in a shape like vertical then curves round and hits off itself to make it horizontal then kinda evens out. I am half tempted to get autocad and make a 3d rendering of a stream of piss...
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

lprkn

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #205 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:22 »

Seriously, wear the goddamn sandals it you're that afraid of athlete's foot. One time a guy next to me in a public shower started pissing on the floor, so I left immediately. And I was wearing sandals.

There's a reason we have toilets and showers, people.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #206 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:30 »

Oh, there's somebody that doesn't have to buy his own TP talking. It just makes SENSE to pee in the shower.
Ho, ho, ho!

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #207 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:07 »

I can understand peeing in ones own shower to a certain degree (though I wouldn't do it, maybe mostly because my shower floor is my bathroom floor (I think if I wanted to I could actually sit on the toilet, shower and brush my teeth at the same time without problems), and that kind of grosses me out), but not in public showers. Because, just..no.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #208 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:12 »

i pee in the shower all the time for the reason that it saves toilet paper! that is when you know you are stingy.
the only thing making me a bit skeptical was the thought that maybe it is not so good for my feet but since everyone seems to be saying it actually kills bacteria, i am going to keep doing it. forever.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #209 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:24 »

For me, it's just that the sound of the running water triggers a desire to pee, and by that time, I'm in the nice, warm shower and I'm not going to get out to pee in the toilet when there is a drain directly beneath me.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #210 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:42 »

Agreed. Especially when you've just woken up and you've walked through whatever winter wonderland may be forming in your house to get to your shower. I get chills real easily, especially when wet, and you just cannot find a threat menacing enough to get me to not pee in the shower when that is the case.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #211 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:13 »

I remember doing a psychological experiment in one of my classes.  Basically, the instructor asked the class how many people they think pee in the shower.  We guessed and then it was revealed that if you say over 50%, you probably pee in the shower yourself and therefore think it is normal.  Apparently it is something like forty percent for real.  A Google search yields everything from 42 to 79 percent.  Either way, it's not abnormal.

We then learned that the reason this topic was chosen was because years ago, the instructor left a woman at the altar because someone asked him if she peed in the shower.  The theory was that if he didn't know, then he wasn't ready to get married.  I love psychology courses.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #212 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:18 »

Man, that is fucked up.

The thing about marriage is FINDING OUT all the weird shit your spouse does. And loving them ANYWAY.

Your instructor is a dick.
Ho, ho, ho!

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #213 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:21 »

It sounds to me not that whether she did or not was the issue; he didn't know the answer and thus was not ready to marry the person.  But maybe I'm reading it wrong.  It is kind of oddly phrased.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #214 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:24 »

The only acceptable reasons for leaving someone at the altar all involve criminal pasts. That test, it's not so much that knowing whether or not your fiancee pees in the shower indicates readiness for marriage, but rather thinking it matters indicates that you don't really want to get married.

In short, your psychology teacher was in denial. typical

It sounds to me not that whether she did or not was the issue; he didn't know the answer and thus was not ready to marry the person.  But maybe I'm reading it wrong.  It is kind of oddly phrased.

Your way is how I read it, and I think that's pretty stupid reasoning. Hence the person is a dick for leaving someone at the altar, and he's just looking for a way to rationalize it to make himself feel better.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 15:26 by jhocking »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #215 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:40 »

Re: The Sterility of Urine.

Kind of correct. Urine inside the bladder can be usually considered free of bacteria, and mid-stream urine will come out relatively "sterile", but the initial flow will have some bacteria in it because it picks up stuff that has colonised the distal urethra, ie. the tubes closest to the outside.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #216 on: 10 Dec 2008, 15:58 »

i pee in the shower all the time for the reason that it saves toilet paper!

Why do you need to use toilet paper when you pee???

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #217 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:06 »

i pee in the shower all the time for the reason that it saves toilet paper!

Why do you need to use toilet paper when you pee???

It comes out of this hole that is burrowed into mucus membranes rather than a hole at the tip of a tube.

Wait are you joking  :?

De_El, if he wasn't ready, it was the right thing to do to decide not to get married at that time. But leaving her at the altar? That is another thing.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #218 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:09 »

No offense to any psychology students, but my theory is that psychology professors initially get into the science in an attempt to understand why they are so fucked up.  Seriously, my psychology teachers have all been batshit crazy.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #219 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:17 »

Gotta agree with Mr. Hocking; any explanation other than "I guess I wasn't ready and should have ended things sooner," is likely just denial. I've been called cold before for breaking up with a lady over seemingly petty disagreements before, but I don't really think there's anything wrong with that since it was early in the relationship and clearly I just wasn't that interested anymore. Personally I think just about anything is fair justification for breaking off a relationship, since even minor issues can help bring the realization that you're just not all that emotionally invested into stark relief. Personally, I try to do everyone a favor and quit wasting time on a relationship if I really seem to be having a lot of problems with seemingly minor issues. Break ups aren't fun, but it sure as hell beats leading someone on, breaking up at the altar and announcing to the world that you are an insensitive and indecisive jack ass.

Re: Crazy Psychology Profs.

My psychology professor was also batshit insane. She was incredibly boring and didn't mind being repetitive since she believed strongly that brute repetition gets results. On our first day, she apologized for how much she repeats herself. Twice.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 16:27 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #220 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:23 »

Yeah, a lot of people interested in psychology are because of their own issues. My mother's doing a counselling degree and I have to say I'm rather scared of her working as a counsellor. Even she text me the other day to say "I feel like a fraud doing this course when I can't cope with my own life". Hum.

To go back like 3 pages, I find it interesting that anyone would find the word "partner" sterile. Each to their own and that but I'm just not quite sure why. I find boy/girlfriend somewhat juvenile and shallow sounding, though I use it sometimes (like when saying "why did I have to get such a dumb boyfriend?" to him. Partner wouldn't work in that sentence  :-D), and I admit I am more judgemental when someone says they are married than I'd like to be. Or not judgemental so much as thinking to myself "hmm, I wonder why they got married and what their relationship's like", which I don't do when someone says partner.   :-P

Oh and the idea of being a wife or having a husband makes me deeply uncomfortable. *shudder*

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #221 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:23 »

De_El, if he wasn't ready, it was the right thing to do to decide not to get married at that time. But leaving her at the altar? That is another thing.

What? Sorry, I did not mean to excuse the dude's conduct I was just addressing semantical issues because that is a thing I do sometimes.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #222 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:29 »

What? Sorry, I did not mean to excuse the dude's conduct I was just addressing semantical issues because that is a thing I do sometimes.

What are you referring to when you say you were addressing semantical issues? Were you doing that by asking me to clarify my post, or were you doing it in your post about the psych professor? Also I am not sure what you are asking me to clarify either.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #223 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:35 »

I am not asking you to clarify anything, what I meant by "What?" was more like "What? No." as in "What? No, that is not what I meant."

I was addressing the semantical issues in whether the psych professor gentleman decided not to marry someone (nominally) because he discovered some answer to the question of whether his fiancé peed in the shower, or because he realized he did not know the answer. I thought it was the latter. Whether or not the reason is any good is something else entirely.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #224 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:39 »

Oh sorry, I just realized I meant to respond to the original anecdote, which was actually shared by Darkbluerabbit and not you. My bad!

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #225 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:42 »

Peeing in the shower now.
This thread is going places!
There is no sin except stupidity

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #226 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:45 »

fenriswolf: i don't want to be a "wife" either. i know this isn't the 50s anymore, but all i imagine upon hearing that word is spending the day in the kitchen wearing an apron and bonnet and making pies with like 15 babies running around. "partner" makes me think we could both maybe wrestle and play video games and be best friends who don't fit into stereotypical gender roles and it'll be alright.
obviously i am not trying to speak for everyone here... it's my own personal thing. basically i never want to get married.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #227 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:46 »

Just to clear up up a few things:

I DO: pee in the shower

I DO NOT: pee in the tub while taking a bath

I DO: poop on street corners in dire, dire, dire emergencies and abandon my underpants there

I DO NOT: poop in the shower under any circumstances
Ho, ho, ho!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #228 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:48 »

fenriswolf: i don't want to be a "wife" either. i know this isn't the 50s anymore, but all i imagine upon hearing that word is spending the day in the kitchen wearing an apron and bonnet and making pies with like 15 babies running around. "partner" makes me think we could both maybe wrestle and play video games and be best friends who don't fit into stereotypical gender roles and it'll be alright.
obviously i am not trying to speak for everyone here... it's my own personal thing. basically i never want to get married.

word.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #229 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:49 »

lol @ Edith.

Yup. Got into a big shitfight on another forum about this, people who felt threatened by me feeling this way. Uh, I don't have a problem if you like marriage and all the stuff that goes with it, it's just that the idea makes me want to run screaming from anyone who suggested it.  :lol:

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #230 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:56 »

yep, i went the majority of my life being told by my ultra-traditional family that if my two main life goals weren't to get married and have a billion babies (again, i have nothing against other people being pregnant, i just don't want to ever do it because it really freaks me out), i was pretty much the most horrible selfish person on earth. so mostly i do not care what anybody thinks of me anymore but also it is really nice to know other people think like me and i am not all that terrible and insane after all!

Fenriswolf

« Reply #231 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:01 »

Yay! I've been pretty lucky in mostly knowing other women who don't want kids and have a non-traditional family. But the idea it's selfish to think that kids should only be born to people who passionately want children and not just everyone with a uterus drives me into a homicidal rage. Well, not quite.  :laugh:

I've got the slightest amount of patronising "you'll change your mind when you're older" from my partner's sister in law recently and I have to try really hard not to say "just because you live your life as one big sexual stereotype doesn't mean I have to, fool."

Nodaisho

« Reply #232 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:03 »

"partner" makes me think we could both maybe wrestle
Isn't that what husbands and wives do?  :-D
and play video games and be best friends who don't fit into stereotypical gender roles and it'll be alright
Seriously, though, that is pretty much how I feel, and I am a male.

Fenris: It wouldn't surprise me if at a later age (hell, probably not far above the average age here), the body starts bugging you to have kids. Wouldn't change how your mind feels, of course, but it might try.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #233 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:07 »

i know that they do, it's really just a very picky, personal language thing. that and there's some other stuff about marriage that i find too traditional and annoying. again, i'm not telling other people that it's bad or that they shouldn't do it, i just really do not think it is the thing for me.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #234 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:17 »

Fenris: It wouldn't surprise me if at a later age (hell, probably not far above the average age here), the body starts bugging you to have kids. Wouldn't change how your mind feels, of course, but it might try.
Oh I'm sure it will. But doesn't it strike you as incredibly rude to say that to someone? I mean if I decided to have kids later on it's my damn choice and no one ele's business. Bear in mind I feel strongly enough that if I could convince a dr to sterilise me I'd do it: and frankly I don't understand why we're so hung up on letting our hormones rule us. If I regret it it's my decision to regret and my life, good lord.

As for the marriage thing. Lots of people have marriages that are as traditional or non-traditional as any other couple. People are like that. But the historical backdrop of marriage is relevant and I think effects people more than they know. I mean it's not like heterosexual relationships don't already have a strongly socialised structure that's remarkably hard to avoid.

Every relationship I've been in someone's had to say "haha, we know who wears the pants in this relationship!" (a) No, you don't know shit about what I'm like in private. (b) Wow, relationships have to have a "dominant" partner now? Nice to know...

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #235 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:38 »

Just to clear up up a few things:

I DO: pee in the shower

I DO NOT: pee in the tub while taking a bath

I DO: poop on street corners in dire, dire, dire emergencies and abandon my underpants there

I DO NOT: poop in the shower under any circumstances

I hear that

Nodaisho

« Reply #236 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:38 »

Oh, sure it's condescending, but it is also incredibly common to say that. I've gotten used to it, I suppose, because I have made decisions that people insist I will feel differently about when I am older. Of course, these are always people that don't really know my situation at all, but isn't that usually the case?

Isn't the not tying the tubes of women until they have had a child something to do with the size? I seem to remember hearing that it was because until a child was born, the part was too small to safely operate on. Well, science marches on, so if that is true, I imagine we will eventually be able to operate safely.

On marriage effecting people, I don't really know, as I don't know what you are speaking of in specific. I tend to be suspicious of claims of subconscious influence, though I know it exists. It just seems like it is frequently used to explain away things that someone doesn't like.

I would agree with you about there not needing to be a dominant partner in a relationship, but I personally don't find the pants comment annoying at all. That usually gets said over small stuff.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #237 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:44 »

I've generally found the "pants" comment has usually not been in response to something specific and silly so much as a generalised comment just because I'm not especially feminine. Meh.

I'm not sure about the practicality of sterilising women who have not had children but I'd doubt it very much, it's probably just a wee bit more fiddly which is going to make surgeons uncomfortable if they don't do it a lot. I mean it's not entirely sexist, men get harassed about wanting children/more children when they do it as well, it's just annoying.

As for subconcious influences I can't be bothered figuring out exactly what I mean, I guess it's that as forward as we like to think we are gender roles are still very much socially enforced, and I think all sorts of little things exacerbate this so I'd rather opt out of the whole thing all together. As much as I can.

Nodaisho

« Reply #238 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:53 »

Oh, I guess I see what you mean. Unwritten laws, and whatnot. Know what the best part about an unwritten law is? They can't jail you for breaking it.

edit: I guess that is kind of glib, but I really tend to not care if I get people's feathers ruffled because of how I behave, so things like that seem rather straightforward to me.

spoon_of_grimbo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
    • http://signalstonoise.tumblr.com
« Reply #239 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:56 »

the whole kids thing is kinda weird... i mean, i'm 20 and single, and if the subject comes up in conversation, i'll usually just say i don't really ever wanna be a dad, but i'm not so militantly against the idea that i wouldn't consider it if i met the right girl.  i mean, i'm not massively opposed to having a kid running around, i generally get on well with my younger relatives and have done since they were little, but what scares me is the ridiculous amount of influence i'd have on the kid.  i mean, most of my habits, mannerisms and attitudes are a result of either picking them up off my parents, or consciously avoiding picking up other habits from my parents.  the thought that EVERYTHING I DO during the kid's life up until adolesence could influence the person he/she turns out to be is a fucking scary thought.

my point is, it's something think about, but i don't think anyone could ever be totally 100% certain that they do or do not want kids - hell, probably just about every expecting mother has worries and second thoughts, and same goes for every guy on his way to get a vasectomy.  what doesn't help is the people who say things like "that's what life's about, having kids, raising a family" etc.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #240 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:02 »

THIS THREAD IS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.

Science is serious business
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #241 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:04 »

Man I want to get a poster of that for the toilet door.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Fenriswolf

« Reply #242 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:10 »

Oh, I guess I see what you mean. Unwritten laws, and whatnot. Know what the best part about an unwritten law is? They can't jail you for breaking it.

edit: I guess that is kind of glib, but I really tend to not care if I get people's feathers ruffled because of how I behave, so things like that seem rather straightforward to me.
:D Glib is OK. Personally I'm happy being a big freak and actually try and avoid "fitting in", but what frustrates me is watching mainstream media and societal expectations shape people around me. I hates the mind control!  :police:

the whole kids thing is kinda weird... i mean, i'm 20 and single, and if the subject comes up in conversation, i'll usually just say i don't really ever wanna be a dad, but i'm not so militantly against the idea that i wouldn't consider it if i met the right girl.  i mean, i'm not massively opposed to having a kid running around, i generally get on well with my younger relatives and have done since they were little, but what scares me is the ridiculous amount of influence i'd have on the kid.  i mean, most of my habits, mannerisms and attitudes are a result of either picking them up off my parents, or consciously avoiding picking up other habits from my parents.  the thought that EVERYTHING I DO during the kid's life up until adolesence could influence the person he/she turns out to be is a fucking scary thought.

my point is, it's something think about, but i don't think anyone could ever be totally 100% certain that they do or do not want kids - hell, probably just about every expecting mother has worries and second thoughts, and same goes for every guy on his way to get a vasectomy.  what doesn't help is the people who say things like "that's what life's about, having kids, raising a family" etc.
See I just wish more people would really think about the bolded part before having kids. I love people who love parenting. I actually really like kids, though babies disturb me and I have little tolerance for brats. I have a friend who's a single mother, she knew when she got pregnant she probably would be. She doesn't care, she loves hanging out with her kid, and hence he's really cool. She's also covered in pastel-coloured tattoos, has white and purple hair and dresses her son in lion outfits as a matter of course. Awesome.  :laugh:

I agree no one can be 100% certain about not wanting kids. But I have a long list of logical reasons why I shouldn't procreate and I literally feel about having children the way I do about owning animals - if I feel I'm in a position where I can be a good parent I'd rather foster or adopt kids who need help than add yet another child to the world just because it will have my genes.

Nodaisho

« Reply #243 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:30 »

Yeah, I get what you mean about the influence you have on your kid. I might have one eventually, but I'm determined to wait a while. Three of my cousins have had kids recently, and the amount of responsibility they are dealing with scares me. Especially because they aren't exactly well-off. I'm determined to have a house, money, and some investments before I have a kid, if I ever do. I have thought a lot about genes, mine in specific, and I figured that I've gotten pretty lucky, so I wouldn't feel bad about passing them on to a child.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #244 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:37 »

:-D Yeah my genes aren't so great.

I wouldn't necessarily panic about the money to a huge degree so much as being emotionally ready and stable. Money is important but if you wait until you have "enough" money you'll be waiting forever. You never have enough money for children. lol

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #245 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:39 »

I was about to contribute to the discussion about having kids, but then noticed what thread this is. Why are you having this discussion here?

Siibillam-Law

• Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #246 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:41 »

Why not? Slowly, every topic will be covered by this thread

Fenriswolf

« Reply #247 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:41 »

Go on, doooo it.

Why not, it's not like someone can't bring it back on topic if they're dying to discuss poo some more. And splitting OT threads into two separate discussions inevitably kills one of them, usually the off-shoot.  :-P

Edit:
Why not? Slowly, every topic will be covered by this thread

Ah, beaten!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #248 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:51 »

well regards people paying attention to the genes they pass on...

My fiancee had me calculate the percentage chance that our children will have blue eyes because this is important to her (I guess my background in biology proved handy.) It's a 50% chance, so she half-jokingly announced that she would love and care for the half with blue eyes while any brown eyed children were my responsibility.

Half-jokingly.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #249 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:57 »

Did you point out that you could still have 4 brown-eyed children as it's a 50% chance every time? And that brown eyes are prettier?  :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up