THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 19:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!  (Read 44375 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: Unisex Bathrooms.
« Reply #50 on: 07 Dec 2008, 15:30 »

At work, we just have one bathroom that we all share. Its not so much a unisex bathroom as it is a private toilet.

We actually talk about our bowel movements a lot. As well as pee. And pubic hairs. I got in an arguement once with my boss about the color of pee, and he likes to inform me of when he has pooped. Whenever I walk into the back, and he is leaving the toilet, he likes to flex and say "I just poo'd," and occasionally describes it to me.

And once one of the girls found a hair on the toilet and decided it was someone's pube. Then she accused my boss, and he said it couldn't be his because he shaves.

More people should be this free with the discussion of toilet related things.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #51 on: 07 Dec 2008, 15:56 »

I think this is a good time to quote wikipedia:
Some urinals for men incorporate fly targets: images of flies that are either printed on labels stuck to the inside of the urinal or embossed directly into the porcelain. Men often feel a compulsion to aim their urine stream at the fly, and thus the fly target helps prevent men from urinating outside the basin or bowl of the urinal. Maintenance crews at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam reported in 2005 that adding a fly target to urinals reduced bathroom cleaning costs by giving men something to aim at. The urinals at terminal 4 of John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City have a fly target in the urinals. These are replaced every month because they slide off.

Man I was reading about that literally yesterday. It was in a book about game design, as an unusual example of game design principles in practice.

Also re aiming for the bowl of the toilet and not the water: I do shoot for the sides most of the time actually, but as the stream tapers off when I'm almost done it becomes much harder to aim.

Also, is this TMI?
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 15:58 by jhocking »

Telea-Rose

« Reply #52 on: 07 Dec 2008, 16:02 »

I don't think so but, then I also am free willing to tell people about my period...

I'm always entertained when I drink a energy drink and it turns my piss a special color.  It also makes you go, dear god thats gotta be bad for you!  First time it happened I told my friend and we wound up talking to some of our friends about all the things that turned the color of your pee for over a half an hour.  Special times...

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #53 on: 07 Dec 2008, 16:02 »

If you ever go back-packing, particularly in Asia, everyone in hostels bonds over toilet stories and bowel movements. It's actually pretty great.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #54 on: 07 Dec 2008, 16:15 »

I'm fairly certain Harry is not thinking very highly of us right now.  Even less of me because I attacked his character.

Anywho, I used to work in a retail store that was both very close to the Light Rail (electric tram) and next door to a liquor store.  This meant we rather frequently had homeless and sometimes clinically insane people in our store.  There was one man who tried to get arrested so he could sleep in jail instead of out in the 20 degree weather.  This in itself is not a problem, but he chose to drink an entire handle of vodka in the span of 10 minutes and sit in the women's room until the police arrived. 

My point is you can't decide that a bathroom is unisex, this will probably get you arrested.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #55 on: 07 Dec 2008, 16:23 »

re: pee/poop colors

if you drink alot of grape kool-aid or grape gatorade your dumps turn NEON GREEN. I had a scare senior year of college, but a little bit of internet research brought rest to all my fears. you have to drink a lot of the purple drink though, if you only do it half ass and drink a quart or so, you get a deep forest green instead of neon.

Also, if you eat too much borsch (polish beet soup) it turns your piss orange/red, and your dumps completely beet red. And energy drinks - neon yellow/greenish.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #56 on: 07 Dec 2008, 16:38 »

something i find really interesting about this, actually, that i've noticed in sharing stories about bowel movements is that absolutely no-one talks about it on account it's so gross and taboo, and as a result when you get to sharing stories you start noticing that some people have some seriously bizarre pooping habits, or your habits are seriously bizarre compared to everyone else's, and you'd never know cos there's no way to compare pooping on account no one ever talks about it.
a friend of mine used to poop five times a day and thought that was pretty standard until we got to talking about poop and she decided she maybe needed to cut down on the fiber a bit. another girl i met only pooped once a week and thought everyone did. talk to your friends about your poop! it's fascinating!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #57 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:10 »

The main thing that mystifies me along those lines is that I use way more toilet paper than other people when wiping. I honestly have no idea how people can get away with wiping so little, but apparently I'm the unusual one.

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #58 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:14 »

My only scary poopin' story is the time after I ate some red velvet cake and thought I was bleeding.

Also, Joe, I'm with you. I use a hell of a lot of paper.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #59 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:19 »

I support unisex bathrooms.  I have to wonder, does anyone know if there are any laws regarding what bathroom a person must use, or it is just a well-followed guideline?  I tried googling but didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this.  Apparently, some people consider gendered bathrooms a womens' safety issue, which is something I never considered. 

I'm always entertained when I drink a energy drink and it turns my piss a special color.  It also makes you go, dear god thats gotta be bad for you! 

It's the high doses of vitamin B12 that change the color of your pee.  B vitamins can supposedly give you an energy boost, so most energy drinks have a bunch of them.  They also turn your pee a neon yellow.  This can also happen if you take vitamin supplements, particularly ones designed for vegetarians, because B12 is found mainly in animal products.  Despite the weird color, it's not bad for you because you can't take an overdose of B12.  The high doses of caffeine, on the other hand, are probably not super healthy. 

Fun fact:  Some people take B12 to try to fool drug tests.  If you drink enough water to dilute the presence of drugs in your pee, it's also clear, which might make your sample suspect, but B12 can restore some color.  Smart testers know the difference between B12 yellow and normal pee yellow, though.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #60 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:27 »

My only scary poopin' story is the time after I ate some red velvet cake and thought I was bleeding.

I've not had any scares from poop colors, but let me tell you it is quite freaky to throw up after eating something red.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #61 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:39 »

I've not had any scares from poop colors, but let me tell you it is quite freaky to throw up after eating something red.

My best friend had a fuckton of gin and tonics for his 21st, and he described his bile the next day as 'tasting like Lime-Ade and looking like chunky Mountain Dew'.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #62 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:50 »

Also re aiming for the bowl of the toilet and not the water: I do shoot for the sides most of the time actually, but as the stream tapers off when I'm almost done it becomes much harder to aim.

Also, is this TMI?

When you're about to finish you've got to just sorta hover over the bowl, no mess that way!

re: pee/poop colors

if you drink alot of grape kool-aid or grape gatorade your dumps turn NEON GREEN.
I remember my mom buying me some halloween ice cream thing from burger king when I was maybe seven years old that turned it dark green and spooky. This should have been part of the marketing campaign.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #63 on: 07 Dec 2008, 17:56 »

A lot of stomach medicines can do weird things to your stool color.

My parents are both medical professionals, so if it has something to do with the body or its functions, chances are my parents will talk about it fairly openly. My mom always hates it when people use the word "impact" (the movie impacted me deeply, etc.) because when they do she's reminded of her nursing days, when she had to de-impact bowels by hand.

My deepest sympathies to the men and women who work in mental institutions.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Runa

• Emoticontraindication
  • I GOT NUKES!
« Reply #64 on: 07 Dec 2008, 18:58 »

The main thing that mystifies me along those lines is that I use way more toilet paper than other people when wiping. I honestly have no idea how people can get away with wiping so little, but apparently I'm the unusual one.

Oh em gee. A man who knows how to wipe!

Some woman will be lucky for she will never have to see skid marks on laundry days.

Telea-Rose

« Reply #65 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:02 »

Cottonelle fresh. Flushable moist wipes.  No more skids!

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #66 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:12 »

If you are afraid of peeing loudly, throw some toilet paper in the bowl before you go. It muffles the sound. I am paranoid of loud peeing.

Also, I once wrote an absurdist play about toilet paper. It was supposed to reflect the Kyoto protocol and it was really kind of amazing. Fun fact that I learned while writing that play: before the invention of toilet paper, some people used corn cobs to wipe. That still makes me laugh very, very hard.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #67 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:15 »

Some woman will be lucky

It's a double-edged sword. It keeps my underwear cleaner, but it also means I am far more likely to clog up the toilet. Every month or so I end up plunging it because it's clogged up with toilet paper.

If you are afraid of peeing loudly, throw some toilet paper in the bowl before you go. It muffles the sound.

oo good tip
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 19:17 by jhocking »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #68 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:22 »

Try folding instead of bunching. It's more efficient.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Runa

• Emoticontraindication
  • I GOT NUKES!
« Reply #69 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:24 »

I manage to clog the toilet after just peeing. I am very proud of this fact about myself, I do not know why. I just use a lot of toilet paper.

Clogged toilets and plunging is better than skids in my opinion.

nobo

« Reply #70 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:42 »

before the invention of toilet paper, some people used corn cobs to wipe. That still makes me laugh very, very hard.

in 1998 my folks took me on a road trip to see mt. rushmore and crazy horse monument. On the way back we stopped at a tourist trap which was "a town out of the 1850s." basically a guy bought a whole bunch of 1850s houses and stores and antiques and set it up to replicate a village.

anyway, they had an out house, and in the out house were two corn cobs. one corn cob was reddish/brown and the other was white. Apparently in the old days you'd go and use the darker one as TP, and then use the white one to check if you needed to use the darker one some more. It makes you really grateful that its not the 1850s when you learn stuff like that.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #71 on: 07 Dec 2008, 19:52 »

Clogged toilets and plunging is better than skids in my opinion.

Well okay plunging a clog isn't a big deal so let me up the ante. Coincidentally just this weekend I had to mop up the bathroom after my toilet overflowed. No matter how many showers I take after that, the memory haunts me.

It's pretty simple arithmetic: lots of toilet paper + spotty flushing mechanism = increased likelihood of overflows
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2008, 20:13 by jhocking »

tania

• famed sex columnist
Re: Unisex Bathrooms - now with TMI!
« Reply #72 on: 07 Dec 2008, 20:49 »

the solution to all of your problems is to stop pooping

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #73 on: 07 Dec 2008, 20:53 »

Oh man, I know! How do people use just like 1 sheet, or 2?

Also, My friends and I had a discussion about whether or not we ball up the paper and then wipe, or if we wipe with the sheet, then fold it and wipe again. This second option seems crazy to me. I do the first. Why would you fold your poop? It does not make sense to me!
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #74 on: 07 Dec 2008, 20:56 »

I do the second one! It is very efficient.
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #75 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:01 »

wait some people only use one sheet?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

tragic_pizza

« Reply #76 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:03 »

I've never heard of one sheet users.

As to method:

The second one. Folding allows for a greater paper-to-bunghole ratio, and as Vendetagainst notes, allows for 1 good repeat fold/wipe.

(hey, the thread title says tmi...)
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #77 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:05 »

I shit trains, now what.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

tragic_pizza

« Reply #78 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:09 »

It'd be a better trick to train shits.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #79 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:12 »

man, there's no way to say this without it being kind of disgusting, huh. okay, here goes -
the consistency of your poop depends mainly on your diet. if you eat lots of veggies and fibre, it'll be mushier than if you have a diet high in protein or just kind of unhealthy in general. so, a healthy diet means you will probably need to use more toilet paper than an unhealthy diet where it is just one solid hard thing that doesn't really make any kind of mess. in the latter i tend to use only one square cos that is all you need. the difference between you one-square and many-square users is probably just the consistency of your poop and what you're eating.

if this wasn't already the tmi thread i guess it is now.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #80 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:17 »

On top of that the more vegetable-dependent your diet is the more flatulent you'll likely become. This is nature's way of saying have at that second piece of red meat you fat son of a bitch

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #81 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:27 »

Everything you didn't want to know about poop, in one convenient location! Head on down to the unisex bathroom thread today!
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

clockworkjames

« Reply #82 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:28 »

If you eat alot of sugary foods it apparantly turns your crap to liquid. I drink lots of high sugar stuff but I just piss it out and stay "regular" with no liquid poop.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #83 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:49 »

*looks down at bowl of ice cream*

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #84 on: 07 Dec 2008, 21:55 »

This thread wants to POTTY ALL THE TIME
POTTY ALL THE TIME
POTTY ALL THE TIIIIIIIIIIIME

[/eddie murphy and rick james]

tragic_pizza

« Reply #85 on: 07 Dec 2008, 22:02 »

Also, since I've had my gall bladder out, the consistency has gotten much softer.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #86 on: 07 Dec 2008, 22:34 »

ITT: Tragic_Pizza tells us he is old.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Gilead

« Reply #87 on: 07 Dec 2008, 23:12 »

Let me tell you guys about my pooping habits.

I have a powerpoint presentation, with diagrams.

tragic_pizza

« Reply #88 on: 07 Dec 2008, 23:21 »

@Emaline:

Like you needed to know...

clockworkjames

« Reply #89 on: 07 Dec 2008, 23:50 »

Linx plz

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #90 on: 07 Dec 2008, 23:56 »

Back on topic, I know the Students' Union at Manchester University has unisex toilets, so transgendered people don't get confused or upset

Here's the BBC report. I love the end bit the president says!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7643175.stm

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #91 on: 08 Dec 2008, 00:01 »

Linx plz

Will there be a quiz?

clockworkjames

« Reply #92 on: 08 Dec 2008, 00:09 »

Back on topic, I know the Students' Union at Manchester University has unisex toilets, so transgendered people don't get confused or upset

Here's the BBC report. I love the end bit the president says!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7643175.stm

Fucking pathetic. The reasoning behind it is just stupid. It's just making excuses for perverts, not many dudes would like a woman to watch them pee at a urinal.
IF YOU HAVE A PENIS GO THROUGH THIS DOOR TO PEE =>
IF YOU HAVE A VAGOO GO THROUGH THIS DOOR TO PEE =>

That show with the anorexic lawyer had unisex toilets didn't it?

nobo

« Reply #93 on: 08 Dec 2008, 04:14 »

so... anyone ever eat enough peanuts/cashews to make their dump look like a payday bar?

reference pic of bar:

Dude is hardcore.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #94 on: 08 Dec 2008, 09:14 »

Fucking pathetic. The reasoning behind it is just stupid. It's just making excuses for perverts, not many dudes would like a woman to watch them pee at a urinal.

Trans people have a lot of awkwardness to deal with in our society and I think this is a good positive step. People who identify/project with what they physically aren't often look just kind of androgynous, so the people this is intended for shouldn't be making anyone feel uncomfortable on sight, as you won't necessarily be able to tell.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #95 on: 08 Dec 2008, 09:51 »

i never used to really get the point of unisex bathrooms until two of my housemates, who have short hair and dress kind of guyish, told me they absolutely cannot ever use public bathrooms on account they constantly get yelled and sworn at for being in the "wrong bathroom". i think it is pretty obvious they are ladies myself, but what do i know.
now that i am aware of how horrible and rude people can be, i am pretty much all for them.

This is pretty much why, I think.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #96 on: 08 Dec 2008, 09:52 »

well, presumably they'd have stalls too. i guess people can just use whatever toilets they want but they also know where to go if they specifically need a urinal.

It's just making excuses for perverts, not many dudes would like a woman to watch them pee at a urinal.

yeah i don't really think anything should be done to reduce transphobia either cos i feel sort of uncomfortable sharing bathrooms with guys, so you know, forget those weird people.

no but seriously think about it, this is the kind of thing that would probably eliminate that attitude and make people feel less uncomfortable sharing the same bathrooms in the long run. social norms are not permanent, they're only created and enforced by the societies we live in.

clockworkjames

« Reply #97 on: 08 Dec 2008, 11:57 »

Next they will make a third toilet type for people who do not know what toilet to go into.

If some dude told me I was in the wrong bathroom I would unzip and say I HAVE A PENIS .'. I AN ENTITLED TO BE HERE TO PEE.

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #98 on: 08 Dec 2008, 12:32 »

Next they will make a third toilet type for people who do not know what toilet to go into.

Now surely that would make more sense than forcing everyone else into using unisex toilets? Just have male, female, miscellaneous

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #99 on: 08 Dec 2008, 12:47 »

If you are trans you are having a tough time fitting in to the world around you. Your mother gave birth to you as one gender and you want to be another gender. Your family and early friends knew as something that you don't want to be. You are not what anyone expected or wanted.
Now you must either a) go to the toilet in a room you don't think you belong in where people awkwardly mistake you for being the wrong gender or b) go to a room which sets you further apart from those around you.
I really don't think there's too much to the guy-girl bathroom thing besides the fact that we've all been brought up with it. If the next generation is brought up without it being a big deal it won't be a big deal in the future.

If a third washroom sprung up I would use it to prove a point.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up