THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 07:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Jan 12-16  (Read 46907 times)

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
Re: WCT Jan 12-16
« Reply #200 on: 16 Jan 2009, 06:27 »

TEH KITTEH LOL !!!
*was getting tired of that slug*

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #201 on: 16 Jan 2009, 06:43 »

ESCAPE, JEW!!

plumbob78

• Obscure cultural reference
  • ˇViva la revolución!
« Reply #202 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:48 »

Yeah, a little. Though it does make me wonder why [Silve?]r Escape Jewelry hangs its display wares on an old ribcage. Maybe it's just really frickin' metal in there.

The rib cage looking thing is outside the window, not in the store.

masquerade

« Reply #203 on: 16 Jan 2009, 08:16 »

The hell is the thing coming off Faye's shoulder??

RefD

• Larger than most fish
  • A heartfelt, moving tribute to ennui.
« Reply #204 on: 16 Jan 2009, 09:41 »

poor kitty cat... :-(

ironi

• Plantmonster
« Reply #205 on: 16 Jan 2009, 09:47 »

Methinks Sven just enjoys poking the bear.

Methinks that too.  And I enjoy watching Sven poke the bear.  Bear deserves it.

Faye would be the asshole for getting all possessive when she's the one insisting on it being what it is.  She can't have her cake and eat it too.

And she deserves every little frustration Sven can visit upon her for being the raving bitch she is.  I just did a happy dance.

Um, because he's getting all up in Penelope's face analyzing her physical attractiveness out loud?  Forget Faye entirely for a moment; you can't just do anything you want, hitting on girls obnoxiously like that, and expect it to make it all gentlemanly by adding a "hey, I won't really *do* anything" at the end.

Too bad.  Sven's an asshole and he jerked the chain and got the reaction he wanted.

I've got a big bottle of Boo Fricken Hoo for Faye, but you know what? I'm gonna drink it instead and give her the empty bottle, because that's all she deserves.

Although it occurs to me that if Jeph really wanted give Faye's detractors a Roman Holiday, he'd have Faye meet Angus on the street--along with Angus's nice new girlfriend.

Stop it.  I don't have a bottle of Cognac yet with which to celebrate that blessed event.

Soon, though.

Thus, he must have another reason to be there, such as to see Faye, perhaps?

Or to deliberately flirt with Penelope in order to jerk Faye's chain.

Methinks he likes poking the bear.  Oh wait...someone else said that already.

I think he would be actively flirting with Penny if he weren't so interested in faye, but he doesn't understand how he feels which is why he can be nothing but clinical about noticing Penny being attractive.

I read the strip recently the last time he flirted with Penny, and he said, "I can't help it, I don't know what to do around beautiful, intelligent girls..."

It really was a hilarious strip, because the harder he tried NOT to flirt, the harder he flirted.

I can't wait until you people run into these situations that you're arguing about now, in real life later.

I already have.  That's why I'm taking such joy in Sven's psychological manipulation of Faye.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now, off to buy some Cognac just in case Jeph decides to have Faye meet up with Angus McPhee and his new girlfriend, who looks and acts a lot like Faye, only with a tenderness and obvious adoration for Angus, so much so that Faye could easily see herself in that position, and she gets to angst about it.

I would SO drink a snifter of Cognac in celebration of that strip.

Thanks, Jeph!!

Woohoo!!

S

Whoa, why all the Faye-hate?  She hasn't done anything bitchy for a while.  And no matter what the status of their relationship, Sven shouldn't be commenting on another girl's attractiveness right in front of the girl he is/was banging.  Thats just rude.  Props to Faye for calling him out and trapping him with her logic.  Also...we get it: you like cognac.

BigSol81

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #206 on: 16 Jan 2009, 16:32 »

Somebody feed the kitty!!

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #207 on: 16 Jan 2009, 18:39 »

"r escape jew"

I'm thinking "Your Escape Jewelry"

Not a bad title for a jewelry shop.

As for Faye Hate, yup...I'm enjoying myself.

MWAHAHAHAH!!!

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

cgarci21

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Shagtastic
« Reply #208 on: 16 Jan 2009, 20:32 »

Aww, so much hate for Faye. I feel kinda bad for her. I mean, yeah she IS a huge bitch. But she's a little broken.

And as for anyone being mad at Sven or Faye for their reactions...well thats just silly. Sven has admitted it before, they antagonize each other. Its just what they do and I'm sure they're both very used to it and frankly it never stopped them having a good time before.

::Cut to mondays strip:: 

Bow-chika-wow-wow.  :mrgreen:
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #209 on: 16 Jan 2009, 21:35 »

Hey, at least Sven is being honest with Faye here and is not trying to hide what he is!  And Faye really has nothing to complain about, she knew what she was getting with Sven, yet if I read the Timeslip right, they're still together after all this time which shows that despite it all, they do have feelings for each other, even if Faye is slightly more in denial about things than Sven appears to be.

And is that Shi in the last panel there?  :D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #210 on: 17 Jan 2009, 09:46 »

Whoa, why all the Faye-hate? 

You mean aside from the fact that she's been a physically, mentally, verbally, and emotionally abusive bitch to everyone around her and expects a free ride BECUZ I'VE GOT ISSUES LOL?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

mietteissass

« Reply #211 on: 17 Jan 2009, 12:31 »

I love the kitty.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #212 on: 17 Jan 2009, 13:58 »

And no matter what the status of their relationship, Sven shouldn't be commenting on another girl's attractiveness right in front of the girl he is/was banging.  Thats just rude.
Well, with Faye, yeah, but I just thought,

what if Marten commented on another girl's attractiveness infront of Dora? Dora'd probably be all like, "I'm so proud!"
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #213 on: 17 Jan 2009, 14:09 »

Don't get me wrong, she deserves some of it, certainly not a free ride, but she isn't always a bitch. I don't think they would all be her friend if she was.

I think its a bit extensive though. Everyone has issues, its what makes the characters realistic. And in really life some of your friends are a little abrasive or snarky but they have redeeming qualities too and thats why they are your friends.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

Ghanima Atreides

« Reply #214 on: 17 Jan 2009, 15:10 »

Every character has been a bitch/bastard in the past. Even Marten :P

I actually think Faye is less of a bitch nowadays, she can still be abrasive but I remember when she used to throw people across the room and Shanghaied Penelope into working for COD...it feels like she's been trying to tone that down and deal with her issues instead of using them as an excuse, but no-one can just change their personality overnight. 

...I've been defending Faye a lot, and I probably wouldn't even like her IRL. I guess I'm just rooting for the underdog.  :-P
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #215 on: 17 Jan 2009, 16:48 »

Hmmmm

Could be Sven's mellowing her out.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

SuperSUGA

• Emoticontraindication
  • Blew out the Candles!
« Reply #216 on: 17 Jan 2009, 18:16 »

...I've been defending Faye a lot, and I probably wouldn't even like her IRL. I guess I'm just rooting for the underdog.  :-P
Faye has certainly become a much more sympathetic character since she stopped carrying out cartoon violence on other characters.

kaitco

• Emoticontraindication
    • DorienneSmith.com
« Reply #217 on: 17 Jan 2009, 18:44 »

Hmmmm

Could be Sven's mellowing her out.

Nah. I think she was starting to mellow a bit even before she and Sven got together. In fact, there is a possibility that the reason she "succumbed" to Sven was because she was beginning to mellow.

Even though I do not agree with the level of physical abuse we saw from Faye in the beginning, I still like her very much and her character was what kept me reading the comic. She is very forward and more or less to the point about everything she says. Yeah, she can be a little cold and sarcastic, but that is just who she is. If the others had such a problem with her, they would not have tolerated her, not matter how much of a pushover they may be.

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #218 on: 17 Jan 2009, 22:38 »

her character was what kept me reading the comic.

Keeps ME reading the comic too!

Yay Faye Misery!  *Hic*  Bitch!

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #219 on: 17 Jan 2009, 22:45 »

Continuity error!

I can't find the strip, but I distinctly recall Sven hitting on her a LOT one time.

It bugged me enough that I found strip 906 here.

"Compliment-Tourettes" Hurr Hurr....

S

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #220 on: 17 Jan 2009, 22:55 »

Whoa, why all the Faye-hate? 

You mean aside from the fact that she's been a physically, mentally, verbally, and emotionally abusive bitch to everyone around her and expects a free ride BECUZ I'VE GOT ISSUES LOL?

Yeah!  That's what I was going to say...er...well...kind of?

That, and Faye reminds me of someone I knew once, so Faye gets all the bottled-up Hatorade.  It's therapeutic.

And just for the record:  I don't KNOW if I like Cognac.  It's just that Cognac is kinda the "Top Shelf" of Brandy...and while Brandy isn't my favorite (But she WAS pretty good - *rimshot*), I'd buy a top-shelf liquor and pour myself a snifter in celebration if that amazingly wonderful reality-bitch-slap to Faye occurs.

So just in case that happens, I'd like to...you know...be prepared...just in case.

You know, carrying a condom in my wallet...just in case.
Or carrying pepper spray...just in case supermodels try to kiss me.

Hey, it's a reason to buy more booze I may eventually drink.

I haven't even finished this bottle of Skyy yet.

I hope to in the next couple of months though, especially as Sven continues to "Poke the Bear."

S

QuarterFire

• Emoticontraindication
  • o rly?
« Reply #221 on: 17 Jan 2009, 23:22 »

Yay Faye Misery!  *Hic*  Bitch!

Faysery.

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #222 on: 18 Jan 2009, 10:05 »

Methinks Sven just enjoys poking the bear.

Methinks that too.  And I enjoy watching Sven poke the bear.  Bear deserves it.

Faye would be the asshole for getting all possessive when she's the one insisting on it being what it is.  She can't have her cake and eat it too.

And she deserves every little frustration Sven can visit upon her for being the raving bitch she is.  I just did a happy dance.

Um, because he's getting all up in Penelope's face analyzing her physical attractiveness out loud?  Forget Faye entirely for a moment; you can't just do anything you want, hitting on girls obnoxiously like that, and expect it to make it all gentlemanly by adding a "hey, I won't really *do* anything" at the end.

Too bad.  Sven's an asshole and he jerked the chain and got the reaction he wanted.

I've got a big bottle of Boo Fricken Hoo for Faye, but you know what? I'm gonna drink it instead and give her the empty bottle, because that's all she deserves.

Although it occurs to me that if Jeph really wanted give Faye's detractors a Roman Holiday, he'd have Faye meet Angus on the street--along with Angus's nice new girlfriend.

Stop it.  I don't have a bottle of Cognac yet with which to celebrate that blessed event.

Soon, though.

Thus, he must have another reason to be there, such as to see Faye, perhaps?

Or to deliberately flirt with Penelope in order to jerk Faye's chain.

Methinks he likes poking the bear.  Oh wait...someone else said that already.

I think he would be actively flirting with Penny if he weren't so interested in faye, but he doesn't understand how he feels which is why he can be nothing but clinical about noticing Penny being attractive.

I read the strip recently the last time he flirted with Penny, and he said, "I can't help it, I don't know what to do around beautiful, intelligent girls..."

It really was a hilarious strip, because the harder he tried NOT to flirt, the harder he flirted.

I can't wait until you people run into these situations that you're arguing about now, in real life later.

I already have.  That's why I'm taking such joy in Sven's psychological manipulation of Faye.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now, off to buy some Cognac just in case Jeph decides to have Faye meet up with Angus McPhee and his new girlfriend, who looks and acts a lot like Faye, only with a tenderness and obvious adoration for Angus, so much so that Faye could easily see herself in that position, and she gets to angst about it.

I would SO drink a snifter of Cognac in celebration of that strip.

Thanks, Jeph!!

Woohoo!!

S

Sure, except the character was a dick to Penelope, who's you know, totally blameless. But don't let that get in the way of your raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging Bitch-Hate.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2009, 10:10 by fifthfiend »

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #223 on: 18 Jan 2009, 14:45 »

Hmmm...is "flirting with" the same as "being a dick to"?

I mean he tells her how attractive she is and how he would so totally get with her if she wasn't already with Wil.

He's being a smarmosaur.  But I don't see her as being upset, only mildly annoyed.  Whereas Faye is over there blowing a gasket.

At greatest interpretation, I'd call Penelope's hurt feelings if there are any, collateral damage.

So I'll agree that Penelope didn't deserve to be used as part of the tool to Poke the Bear...

...but she was.  And if I took a governmental position, I could simply say with a glib look on my face, "The Ends Justify The Means."

S

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #224 on: 18 Jan 2009, 15:02 »

At greatest interpretation, I'd call Penelope's hurt feelings if there are any, collateral damage.

So I'll agree that Penelope didn't deserve to be used as part of the tool to Poke the Bear...

...but she was.  And if I took a governmental position, I could simply say with a glib look on my face, "The Ends Justify The Means."

S

Which is to say, he was being an asshole to Penelope, which you think is okay because of your all-consuming Bitch-Hate.

Thank you for agreeing with me completely.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2009, 15:14 by fifthfiend »

michi-love

« Reply #225 on: 18 Jan 2009, 15:40 »

Or we could just say the truth!
Faye is a bitch. One with very little self-confidence in the romance department, which exacerbates the condition.
Sven if a bastard.
Penelope is an innocent bystander...

...So, really, both of them are at fault.
I feel bad for Penelope, personally. Poor girl, shanghai'd into a job, subjected to abuse at said job on a daily basis, falls for a complete lunatic who goes off on a motorcycle, and now she's becoming a stick for Sven to poke Faye with.

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #226 on: 18 Jan 2009, 21:49 »

and now she's becoming a stick for Sven to poke Faye with.

Maybe Pennelope (I know she hates it pronounced that way) should eat more.

S

masquerade

« Reply #227 on: 18 Jan 2009, 23:19 »

God, Faye is my best friend incarnate. She handles things exactly the same way, has the same sense of humor, the same temper, and even resembles her. Also, their names rhyme. It's weirding me out more and more.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #228 on: 19 Jan 2009, 20:42 »

God, Faye is my best friend incarnate. She handles things exactly the same way, has the same sense of humor, the same temper, and even resembles her. Also, their names rhyme. It's weirding me out more and more.
what's her name?

masquerade

« Reply #229 on: 19 Jan 2009, 22:12 »

Shea.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up