THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 17:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost; Season 5  (Read 49879 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Lost; Season 5
« on: 14 Jan 2009, 10:11 »

Lost season 5 starts in one week! It's been a long wait, but finally it's coming back!

Thoughts, discussion, theories etc...

We'll keep with the format of the last thread, spoilers will be considered fair game the day after an episode airs (Not an after it airs for you, account for timezones, people), but please shrink fonts on spoiler related speculation for the sake of others (HAR HAR OTHERS) who want to try and figure shit out on their own.

For substance's sake, here are two sneak peaks of "Because You Left:"

Sneak Peak #1

Sneak Peak #2
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: Lost; Season 5
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2009, 10:24 »

Between this and BSG on Friday, I'm dangerously close to nerdgasming.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2009, 12:17 »

Every time I think about this show, I am puzzled as to why I keep watching.  I mean, it is seriously awful.  That aside it is sooo goooood.

I'm curious how much of the next two seasons are going to take place on the island at all.  Like, we see how the Oceanic 6 get off the island, and we've got a good idea of who's left on the island, so we've all but reached the point of the flash-forwards, so I'm guessing these next two seasons are going to focus on Jack and Ben getting Locke's body back to the island, but apart from that I have no idea how they're going to use the rest of the time they've got.

But let's be serious.  If anybody can stretch a simple plotline into two seasons, it's Lindelof, Cuse, and Abrams.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2009, 12:19 »

This next season is going to end with the island plotline and Oceanic Six plotline coming together in 2009. It might go even faster than that, but it won't go any slower.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2009, 13:33 »

I am ridiculously excited.

I have heard that around half or more of the premiere focuses on the on-Island people.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2009, 22:30 »

There'll definitely still be a lot of on-island focus throughout the season. I'm sure of it. There's too many unresolved plot points to avoid the place for even most of a season. Also, it's not just that Jack and Ben have to get Locke's body to the island. Everybody has to be brought back and I can imagine a lot of time will be spent tracking those people down and convincing them of what has to be done. Also...can't Ben not go back? So he can help them set up their return but according to him, he can't return.
Also, I really think Lost is a genuinely good show. I mean, I honestly don't see it as one of those "awful but good" kind of things. It's just...really good (some of the acting and the totally out of place (for the most part) and lamely handled romances aside, and despite the existence of Kate (one of the most insufferable characters I've ever encountered on screen and no, that's not hyperbole)). Anyway, they're going to have to focus their time on and off island in pretty even amounts, I think, in order for the two to neatly converge at the end of the season, as I'm sure they will.
All that being said, I'm embarrassingly excited for this to begin. Three hour premier! Whoo!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2009, 23:23 »

There was a good bit of quality fluctuation until Season 4.  That's when they really stepped up and delivered something that is solid and enduring, with its own internal mythos and a fantastic cast.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan 2009, 05:25 »

FUCK! Im only 3/4s through Season 2!
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:20 »

Then you'd better get on that!

Three hour premier! Whoo!

Three hours?!  OMG yes!  I can't wait for this!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan 2009, 06:51 »

FUCK! Im only 3/4s through Season 2!

Man, if my dad can blow through the entire series in a matter of weeks, you should be able to catch up quick enough.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2009, 08:47 »

To be fair, one hour is a full series recap.

Also, I do agree with Jackie in the sense that the show has gotten consistently stronger with each season. I think all the actors have really grown together in a lot of ways and become not only stronger and more convincing individually but as a cohesive ensemble as well. It also helped that they have killed off a lot of the weaker actors. As much as I dislike a few of the existing characters, it's because they're convincing in their role and I find the character they're playing unlikeable. Luckily, since last season and the remaining seasons are shorter, there's very little space for the filler episodes which cropped up far to often in earlier seasons. Anyway I have really high hopes for this new season since I'm expecting the increase in quality to continue to the end. I'm a tad concerned that there are too many questions to answer in 34 episodes and that things might get a little cluttered or rushed but I have confidence in the writers and producers as well so it's not a genuine worry. It's just that thinking over the list of things that have to be explained at this point, I get a little dizzy.

Hollow Press (my blog)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan 2009, 08:50 »

I'll be honest, I still miss Charlie.
JON MADE ME GAY

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.myspace.com/andrew87part2
« Reply #12 on: 15 Jan 2009, 10:53 »

Every time I think about this show, I am puzzled as to why I keep watching.  I mean, it is seriously awful.  That aside it is sooo goooood.

I'm curious how much of the next two seasons are going to take place on the island at all.  Like, we see how the Oceanic 6 get off the island, and we've got a good idea of who's left on the island, so we've all but reached the point of the flash-forwards, so I'm guessing these next two seasons are going to focus on Jack and Ben getting Locke's body back to the island, but apart from that I have no idea how they're going to use the rest of the time they've got.

But let's be serious.  If anybody can stretch a simple plotline into two seasons, it's Lindelof, Cuse, and Abrams.

I dont know how spoiler worthy my response is since it's been mentioned by Lindelof and Cuse themselves several times, but...

they've said several times that the oceanic six (including locke) will be back on the island sometime in the middle of this season. they arent going to spend too much time trying to get them back on.

also, Abrams hasn't really had anything to do with Lost since the pilot episode.

I am super excited for the season premiere.

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
« Reply #13 on: 15 Jan 2009, 10:55 »

To be fair, one hour is a full series recap.

Also, I do agree with Jackie in the sense that the show has gotten consistently stronger with each season. I think all the actors have really grown together in a lot of ways and become not only stronger and more convincing individually but as a cohesive ensemble as well. It also helped that they have killed off a lot of the weaker actors. As much as I dislike a few of the existing characters, it's because they're convincing in their role and I find the character they're playing unlikeable. Luckily, since last season and the remaining seasons are shorter, there's very little space for the filler episodes which cropped up far to often in earlier seasons. Anyway I have really high hopes for this new season since I'm expecting the increase in quality to continue to the end. I'm a tad concerned that there are too many questions to answer in 34 episodes and that things might get a little cluttered or rushed but I have confidence in the writers and producers as well so it's not a genuine worry. It's just that thinking over the list of things that have to be explained at this point, I get a little dizzy.

Cuse and Lindelof have both said not everything is going to be answered. the big questions for sure will, but a lot of the little parts of the mythos will probably go unanswered.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:02 »

For example, I can't think of any explanation for the four-toed statue that wouldn't be utterly retarded.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jan 2009, 12:49 »

I'm a tad concerned that there are too many questions to answer in 34 episodes and that things might get a little cluttered or rushed but I have confidence in the writers and producers as well so it's not a genuine worry. It's just that thinking over the list of things that have to be explained at this point, I get a little dizzy.

They know how much time they have and they know what they need to do. In fact, they bargained for that much time and no more. I have faith it'll be wrapped up agreeably.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jan 2009, 06:51 »

Under twelve hours to go!

FUUUUUUUUUCK!
JON MADE ME GAY

LukeSimm

« Reply #17 on: 21 Jan 2009, 08:11 »

Urgh, one of the reasons I hate being in the UK; it will take longer for me to be able to watch lost. I've been an avid fan ever since season one. I initatly watched it and thought "It's pretty cool", but when the eposide came on which revealed Locke's being in a wheelchair, I was blown away.

Of course I could always download *shock horror* lost, but bit torrent takes to long, and is... *hushed whispers* illegal.

--- Luke

Harun

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #18 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:38 »

^ You can't watch the videos ABC puts up on their site the day after they air? I don't know if ABC lets people outside the US watch them, but if they don't then that's too bad.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #19 on: 21 Jan 2009, 14:00 »

They don't

Hollow Press (my blog)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jan 2009, 20:02 »

Fuck! Another week?! FUCK!
JON MADE ME GAY

mietteissass

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2009, 21:29 »

It was soooo good! They should just play them all at once so I can be happy. I love this show and it just gets so much better.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2009, 23:45 »

It was good.  It was REAL good.  Having Faraday be such a pivotal character was an amazing choice.  I was all "HOLY FUCK" when they showed him with the original Dharma crew.  And now we know that Desmond is somehow "special" and can exist outside "the rules"... fuck.  And I seriously LOL'd at the bit near the end where Hurley summed up the entire show so far to his mom in about two minutes.  And also I have a pretty good guess about Richard and his seeming agelessness now.

Also nice touch with Neil wearing a red shirt and getting killed, but Sawyer borrowed one of his shirts - which was also red - leading us to fear or suspect that Sawyer is marked for doom... which makes me sad.

Also, the last few minutes.  WHAT.  THE.  FUCK.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2009, 07:22 »

Could Hawking be Faraday's mother? He told Desmond to go find his mother so she has to be someone important which probably means we've already encountered her. As we've seen, Hawking knows about weird anomalies and fate and so on and she's British and she was writing equations all over a black board and doing crazy experiments just like Daniel and...well yeah. Maybe that's reading too much into it but it seems possible, no?

Jackie, good point about the Sawyer thing. To be honest, I've expected Sawyer to eventually die for a long time now. I'm pretty sure he still will. Maybe this was some clever little way the writers are suggesting this.

Who is the baby in Chang's (i.e. Candle's) house on the island? It has to be important in some way. Could it have been born on the island? My guess is no since babies and their mothers die during the birth. Who knows when this began but it's likely it was a still a problem when the DI was around. So the baby is probably from off-island and has to be someone important or important in some way (I think) which makes me think maybe, just maybe, it's Charlotte, since she had to be on the island in the past at some point. I dunno, potentially hairbrained but it's a theory.

Also, did Faraday cause the first 'incident' by drilling into that wall in the Orchid intentionally? Methinks yes. Soooo I'm going to rewatch these two and come up with more crazy theories but that's what I have for now.

One final awesome moment: Sayid killing that guy by kicking open the dishwasher and knocking him back onto all the knives. Holy shit!

Hollow Press (my blog)

mietteissass

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2009, 08:45 »

Desmond is only special because he is currently existing in both places at once. He is one of the people that got off the island that they can still talk to on the island. So when Faraday tells him something that is in the past, it will come into memory in their present. It is a really smart idea.

The lady at the end of the episode also appeared when Desmond bought the ring for Penny. Now I wonder when she told him it wasn't right before if she knew all this already happened because of the time travel, her possible connection to Faraday and now to Ben. It's getting deeper and deeper. I am so hooked again.

Also, the baby might have been born on the island. We don't know how long that babies and mothers h ave died on the island. IT could have not happened until the power was released. But now the hatch makes sense. Why someone would have to push that button. An infinite power is alot to control.

I can't wait till next week!

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2009, 09:25 »

And now we know that Desmond is somehow "special" and can exist outside "the rules"... fuck.

I thought we already did know that?  At least, when Faraday said that to him, I instantly thought back to that episode where the people from the freighter were going crazy and bleeding from like their entire goddamn face because of a disconnect with the past.  If you remember, Desmond was Faraday's constant, and so I thought there was a connection between that phenomenon and this time travel now.

I mean, granted, when I first remembered the older episode, I thought it was about time travel, and I only just remembered what tjhe episode was actually about.  But, I still think the connection could be there.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jan 2009, 10:30 »

Unless the baby was adopted I dont think it was Charlotte. Pierre Chang and his wife were both asian. Charlotte has red hair and not asian. Also, unless the baby was taken off the Island before the purge it is dead. So theres a good chance the baby is not important at all.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #27 on: 22 Jan 2009, 12:46 »

Could Hawking be Faraday's mother?

It seems obvious, but also quite possible.  The mother of a crazy-smart scientist is named Hawking?  That's very Lost-y.

What I find more interesting is how downright evil she seemed.  She's got Benjamin Linus whipped.   :-o

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jan 2009, 12:57 »

Unless the baby was adopted I dont think it was Charlotte. Pierre Chang and his wife were both asian.

The baby could be Miles...

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #29 on: 22 Jan 2009, 13:10 »

It was good.  It was REAL good.  Having Faraday be such a pivotal character was an amazing choice.  I was all "HOLY FUCK" when they showed him with the original Dharma crew.  And now we know that Desmond is somehow "special" and can exist outside "the rules"... fuck.  And I seriously LOL'd at the bit near the end where Hurley summed up the entire show so far to his mom in about two minutes.  And also I have a pretty good guess about Richard and his seeming agelessness now.

Also nice touch with Neil wearing a red shirt and getting killed, but Sawyer borrowed one of his shirts - which was also red - leading us to fear or suspect that Sawyer is marked for doom... which makes me sad.

As soon as I saw that beard with the obscured face, I knew it had to be Faraday and I started hopping up and down in excitement in front of Rachel and Jimmy. I fucking love Faraday.

I also loved the Hurley summary, but I think the absolute best line of the show was "Why is there a dead Pakistani on my couch?!"

My first observation of Frogurt was his red shirt. All through his constant whining all I was saying was "Thank fuck this annoying dipshit has a red shirt. He's dead by the end of the premiere, guaranteed.

Could Hawking be Faraday's mother? He told Desmond to go find his mother so she has to be someone important which probably means we've already encountered her. As we've seen, Hawking knows about weird anomalies and fate and so on and she's British and she was writing equations all over a black board and doing crazy experiments just like Daniel and...well yeah. Maybe that's reading too much into it but it seems possible, no?

That was my first thought, as well. They're both English and she's certainly old enough to fit the idea. I'd lay heavy odds on it. If not, we're certainly supposed to be guessing as much.

Who is the baby in Chang's (i.e. Candle's) house on the island? It has to be important in some way. Could it have been born on the island? My guess is no since babies and their mothers die during the birth. Who knows when this began but it's likely it was a still a problem when the DI was around.

I don't think it's all that relevant. Don't forget, it's conception on the island, not births. Claire gave birth to Aaron just fine because he was conceived before she ended up on the island, and there were questions about Ji Yeon's parentage because the D.O.C. would effect whether Sun would or would not die due to her pregnancy. Judging by the fact Dr. Chang was actually recording Dharma orientation videos and the construction of the stations was still in progress, it is likely that Chang has only been on the island for a month or two at most, meaning the baby wouldn't be effected, since it would've had to have been conceived at least ten months or so ago.

Desmond is only special because he is currently existing in both places at once. He is one of the people that got off the island that they can still talk to on the island. So when Faraday tells him something that is in the past, it will come into memory in their present. It is a really smart idea.

It's not because he exists in both places at once. That could, conceivably, occur with the survivors of 815. He's special because he was at the center of the anomaly when it exploded. This was covered way back in season 3.

Who wants to bet that Danielle's crew shows up this season?
JON MADE ME GAY

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #30 on: 22 Jan 2009, 13:59 »

Rousseau's crew will probably be a part of the season at some point. That seems pretty likely. I also think it would be cool/possible for them to go all the way back to the time the Black Rock ended up on the island.

Were the people who fired the flaming arrows Dharma? The British guy, Jones, who took Sawyer and Juliette prisoner, was wearing a jumpsuit with name tags like the Dharma ones but it's hard to tell. Also, I'm not sure they're the same people as the arrow firers since they had guns. So...were the arrow firers the Others?

Hollow Press (my blog)

Dotes

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #31 on: 23 Jan 2009, 21:39 »

It looks like time travel will be a huge part of the story from this point on, or at least during this season. I liked how they handled Desmond's experiences with it, but I am still a little concerned. I usually hate movies or books that focus on time-travel.

More than anything else, I want to know more about Locke. I'm wondering what exactly happened over the three-year timeskip, and I'm wondering what's going to happen to him when he gets back to the island. When I first heard that Locke had to go back to the island with Ben and the Oceanic Six, the first thing I thought about was Christian Shephard's empty casket in season one. When Locke gets back to the island, I'm just assuming he will come back to life, but will he be himself, or a figure more like Christian and Claire, apparently subject to the island's will?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #32 on: 24 Jan 2009, 08:54 »

I'm reasonably certain three years didn't pass for the Islanders before Jeremy Bentham left in search of the Six. Maybe a few days at most.

I love the use of the time travel mechanic to explore the island's past and revisit old characters already, though. This is already one of my favorite uses of time travel in the history of sci-fi.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dotes

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #33 on: 24 Jan 2009, 12:12 »

I'm not saying that it was 3 years before Locke left. But there's a three-year timeskip between the two stories being told right now and I'm wondering what Locke's part in it was.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #34 on: 24 Jan 2009, 12:50 »

Was I the oly one endlessly amused by another hilariously brutal death for a random very minor character.

Arst's spontaneous explosion, Nikki and Paolo's burial alive, and now Frogurt getting shot by a fucking flaming arrow. I love this show.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #35 on: 24 Jan 2009, 15:04 »

Correction: Like six flaming arrows. You're not alone, I was waiting, from the outset of him showing up, for his inevitable ridiculously brutal death.
JON MADE ME GAY

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #36 on: 24 Jan 2009, 22:29 »

I wan't necessarily waiting for it to happen, but god damn if his death wasn't really gratifying.

quantum_insanity

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jan 2009, 00:37 »

Waaa I'm going to have to wait at least 6 months before it airs here. :(

The thing is I don't even like the show.  I liked the first series, but I hated the second series and the way it was all basically the same thing over and over again from different perspectives.  And it's so very frustrating the way nothing gets resolved and the questions just keep mounting.
I have to keep watching to see what happens, but I'm sure all the little things (especially stuff from the first couple of seasons) wont get resolved and that's just going to annoy the hell out of me. 

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #38 on: 25 Jan 2009, 13:01 »

I couldn't disagree more, personally. For me, Lost is one of those shows that keeps getting better and better. Each new season adds a whole new layer to the show (from the initial shock of the crash/trying to survive to dealing with the hatch and all that entailed, from the hatch to the Others as a primary part of the show, then from there to the Oceanic 6 and flash forwards and now time travel and trying to return). The characters have gotten stronger, the acting better, the more annoying characters weeded out (thank god Ann Lucia died. It was a shock when she was killed but I'm SO glad she's off the show) and so on. Yes, each season thus far has raised far more questions than answered but it makes the show one that sticks with you. It invites and demands heated debated with friends the second the credits role after each episode. You have to pay attention to catch everything and it's almost puzzle-like in the way it uses hints and suggestion. For me, the number of unanswered questions just makes the show more exciting and engaging.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2009, 16:00 by TheFuriousWombat »

Hollow Press (my blog)

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #39 on: 25 Jan 2009, 13:49 »

Finally finished seasons 1-4.  Now I am ready for 5.  Locke is amazing though, easily my fav char.  Ben also grew on me in seasons 3 and 4, such an addictive show.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

mietteissass

« Reply #40 on: 28 Jan 2009, 19:51 »

Holy crap holy crap holy crap.  Lost was amazing!

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #41 on: 28 Jan 2009, 19:53 »

Oh man yes. SO good!

So um...spoilers for those of you who haven't seen the episode:

Hawking is definitely Daniel's mom. She has to be!
Could Widmore be his father? The reason I ask: it seems pretty clear that "Ellie," the Other escorting Daniel around the bomb, was Hawking and she and Widmore were around the same age and both Others at that time. It seems possible...

The pillar Locke's father was tied too way back in season 3, that would be the bomb covered up with concrete methinks.

We're getting into the territory of self fulfilling prophecies here. Richard goes to see Locke as a child b/c Locke as an adult came back in time and told Richard that he was going to be the leader and to go see him as a child. Widmore was on the island to see this as well. For some reason he wanted to get Locke to the island in the first place so he sent Abaddon to send Locke on the walkabout which resulted in him being on 815. Hawking is all into time travel as an adult b/c as a young woman Daniel came back in time and talked about time travel to her, getting her interested in how it could be possible. There's more too...just speculation of course but seems possible...

Finally, more random speculation that came from nowhere, we don't know how long the Others have been on the island. Could they have come in the Black Rock?
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2009, 20:52 by TheFuriousWombat »

Hollow Press (my blog)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #42 on: 29 Jan 2009, 02:00 »

Hawking is definitely Daniel's mom. She has to be!
Could Widmore be his father? The reason I ask: it seems pretty clear that "Ellie," the Other escorting Daniel around the bomb, was Hawking and she and Widmore were around the same age and both Others at that time. It seems possible...

yeah, that seemed very obvious to me too.  the instant i saw her i thought "young mrs. hawking".

jesus fuck, this episode was so amazing.

so much desmond and faraday <3

mietteissass

« Reply #43 on: 29 Jan 2009, 08:47 »

It could be possible that they came on black rock. But, it is also just as possible that the island moved at one point and ended up under black rock. So I cant wait to find that out. I about choked on my pizza when I found out that Widmore was on the island.

Fluxuation

• Plantmonster
« Reply #44 on: 29 Jan 2009, 09:49 »

it's always been theorized that widmore had been on the island before, but I initially thought he was a part of the Dharma Initiative. when this episode showed he was an other, it blew my mind. I didnt realize until earlier today that Ellie is Ms. Hawking. it makes so much sense.

The others may have come from the black rock, but we atleast know for sure that one of the ancestors of Alvar Hanso (founder of the Hanso Foundation which made the Dharma Initiative) was on the black rock.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #45 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:15 »

Ellie is quite obviously Mrs. Hawking and quite obviously Faraday's mother on a very simple line of thought:

According to the enhanced version of 'The Lie,' Mrs. Hawking's first name is Eloise, which is the name that Faraday gave to his rat, which can be shortened to Ellie.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #46 on: 31 Jan 2009, 23:24 »

No matter how many Others came from the Black Rock, Richard is older than that. I imagine he's the one who teaches them Latin.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #47 on: 01 Feb 2009, 07:58 »

That does make sense but knowing Latin does not mean you necessarily come from the time when Latin was spoken. Somehow I can't think of Richard being that old. But that is a potentially interesting point...

Hollow Press (my blog)

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #48 on: 03 Feb 2009, 10:43 »

mietteissass

« Reply #49 on: 03 Feb 2009, 11:05 »

Lol that was hysterical.

"OMG you hit me with a coconut"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up