THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT January 26-30  (Read 111368 times)

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
Re: WCT January 26-30
« Reply #400 on: 31 Jan 2009, 04:39 »

It's not overreaction; Dora is controlling Marten by browbeating him with guilt trips. If anything, y'all are underreacting because you apparently think it's funny when one person holds absolute power over the other in a relationship, as long as the one in power has a pair of tits to distract you.

I reiterate: if it was a guy who yelled at his girlfriend that she shouldn't change her hair without his approval, this forum would explode with feminist rage. But hey, it's a chick doing it and the guy is getting smacked around so he he ho ho ha ha how aDORAble (giggle) :lol:.

Dude - Chillpills™: They're good for you. =)

Although it's not entirely wrong what you say, I wouldn't go as far as accusing Dora of running a well calculated reign of terror for the sake of constantly manipulating Maaahhten. Plus the guy just asks for treatment that might be percepted as such, y'know.
Seems like he's just fine with getting pussy-whipped. Couldn't have learned it any other way than that considering his mom's profession anyway. :>

And since you can't spell 'overreaction' without 'ovaries' [/ironically sexist remark] these situations will occur with pretty much any partner. Which isn't solely his significant other's fault; he's the control-freak's dream boy.
Know of course you could think that this is why Dora stays with him in the first place, keeping this whole (at least subconscious and maybe even symbiotic) "abusing" scheme in motion..
So no reason to demonize Dora from my pov.

I'll just stop before I continue thinking in circles (I'm sorry, everyone) and will close with this:
Man up, man! D:<
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2009, 04:49 by Headwoünd »
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #401 on: 31 Jan 2009, 06:55 »

i absolutely do not want to see faye with marten.

AGREE!

Bitch deserves...PINTSIZE.

Faye/Pintsize seems about right somehow.

faye has alot to sigh about lol.

And hasn't sighed nearly enough yet.

Bitch needs to pay her dues.  Mostly to Marten.

yeah i kind of got really confused when i couldn't find the link either.  it keeps friggin disappearing.

Which is why I have the sucker BOOKMARKED...so you can't get away from me!  BWAHAHAHAH!!!!

*ahem*

Er, I mean...

...I bookmark the forums so I don't have to follow links.  How do YOU do things?

...I...I think I might be a troll. Is there some sort of test I can take? Do I pee in a cup or something?

Nah.  You're not a FULL troll yet.  But you have some trollish attributes.

You need to me more creepy, and a lot more contrary...

...like me.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

don't think you are actively a troll, but you might be developing some trollish tendencies.

Get.  Out.  Of.  My.  Head.

It's a bad neighborhood in there;  Why you in that neighborhood, son?  You got business in this part o'town?

Hmmm?  Lemme see your driver's license and proof of insurance.  And keep yer hands where I can see 'em, okay?

OH JEZZUS! I JUST SPENT TEN HOURS UNDER A SUSPENSION BRIDGE! WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE A CREME?

Yes.  It's called "Creme De Menthe" -- I use it in abundance whenever I feel trollish, or whenever Faye gets a bitch-slap.

I think you can get by with a little Gold Bond

It's too bad the Air Force "gold bond powder" commercial isn't around anymore.  That'd be perfect for right now.

so much as flirted with another woman since he and Faye got together.

Err...hello?  How about recently?  Comic 1318?

Juuust checkin.

have you NEVER seen a married couple?

Hell, I've BEEN half of a married couple...a couple of times.  That's spot-on!

i absolutely do not want to see faye with marten.

why not?

Cuz Faye's an evil bitch who deserves Pintsize, that's why not.

Wow. Lots going on.

Hmmm i wonder if Wil will ever come back,will Faye ever find love,will Hanners ever find love too,will Pintsize ever stop being crazy?

All three things will happen in the same room simultaneously.

And then my head will explode.

Hanners will find she can only love a mechanical man.

Cue Frank Klepacki's "Target (Mechanical Man)" tune from Command & Conquer (How's THAT for esoteric?)

I demand an explanation for this outrageous comment!

Please submit your demand in quadruplicate on an appropriate Explanation Requisition Form A-4410-Revision C: "Demand".

Sign in the red box.  Press hard.  Four copies.

Thus endeth the current "Great Wall O'Text".

I still really am bad at this.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #402 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:38 »

...duuuude....

...take it easy.
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Siibillam-Law

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Ha Ha Fucking Ha
    • Siibillam's Storywrite
« Reply #403 on: 31 Jan 2009, 11:56 »

Just one thing:

oO
There is no sin except stupidity

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #404 on: 31 Jan 2009, 14:46 »

Am I the only person who noticed the red shirt with a yellow tag under Penelope's bed?

The Pizza Girl outfit has long sleeves.

Golani

« Reply #405 on: 31 Jan 2009, 15:59 »

Golani, I interpreted it as her needing to give the card to someone.  That seems likely from her.

True, now that you mention it that could fit Tai's profile.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #406 on: 31 Jan 2009, 17:44 »

I demand an explanation for this outrageous comment!

Please submit your demand in quadruplicate on an appropriate Explanation Requisition Form A-4410-Revision C: "Demand".

Sign in the red box.  Press hard.  Four copies.

S

Bloody Vogons!!!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #407 on: 31 Jan 2009, 18:04 »

Kugai, I have to ask...what is the caption in your avatar?

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #408 on: 31 Jan 2009, 18:18 »

Kugai, I have to ask...what is the caption in your avatar?

S

Here's a link to a larger version Skawronska

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/Kugai2/Anime%20Pics/?action=view&current=GenderError.jpg
James The Kugai 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #409 on: 01 Feb 2009, 06:24 »

Interesting, Kugai. But something seems to be missing...

OMG, the censors have taken her nipples!

Poor girl. Damn censors.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #410 on: 01 Feb 2009, 08:03 »

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=962

Thought this might be relevant...like, five days ago.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Bushbr

• Emoticontraindication
  • Death by Gopher
« Reply #411 on: 01 Feb 2009, 09:35 »

as far as akward moments greeting cards

"Happy Probably My Father's Day!"

thats really all i got..

m3nd3s

« Reply #412 on: 01 Feb 2009, 10:43 »

I suggest to anyone hating Faye so much go back and read the comic from the beginning. I think the idea of her being so bad has built up in your minds, and has become just a tad overblown.

emmaleigh

« Reply #413 on: 01 Feb 2009, 11:30 »

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=962

Thought this might be relevant...like, five days ago.

Further evidence that girls hitting on Marten at work is NOT something "interesting" or "out of the ordinary" that happens to him.

And: yeah, if you read through archives, Faye is in no way as irrationally angry about stuff as Dora is on occasion. But just the simple fact that there are people who defend Dora's absurd behavior (as someone has pointed out many times, if a dude was acting the way Dora was, all the posters would be defending the Marten-girl equivalent) is proof that these characters have enough depth to trick people into loving one of them unconditionally. And eventually Jeph will probably take advantage of this and flip many readers over with how they see Faye and Dora, respectively.

I think I am just talking out my ass now.

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #414 on: 01 Feb 2009, 12:56 »

I think I am just talking out my ass now.

EEEWWWW and I almost read that! :x

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #415 on: 01 Feb 2009, 13:08 »

....Didn't you read that when you quoted it?  :?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #416 on: 01 Feb 2009, 13:27 »

uh.. no! >.>

Mallli_kite

• Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #417 on: 01 Feb 2009, 15:06 »

Well, I guess Faye going over to Sven's to rescue and/or accuse him of bedding a slut when his lawyer was there was completely rational behavior :) Totally grounded in reality and justified, since Faye is the self-declared preserver of All Women Who Touch Sven.

Face it, there's not a character in the comic who hasn't at one point or another stepped over that line.  That's one thing that makes the comic funny.

And why is any pointing  out a character's negative attributes equal to "hating" that character?  Such simple worlds, people!  It is entirely possible -- nay, very common -- to like a character or a person and still be aware of their faults and flaws.  Many a fine person -- or character -- has a few issues.  That's what makes them complex and interesting.

(Not quoting any of you folks 'cuz I don't know where you've BEEN.  I used hand sanitizer before I got on the computer.)
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

emmaleigh

« Reply #418 on: 01 Feb 2009, 15:22 »

Well, I guess Faye going over to Sven's to rescue and/or accuse him of bedding a slut when his lawyer was there was completely rational behavior :) Totally grounded in reality and justified, since Faye is the self-declared preserver of All Women Who Touch Sven.

This is a really good point, but we have context for Faye's emotions when this happens. We know she is insecure about relationships and we know that she knows it and she is working on it. And she apologizes when it's all over and feels like an asshat, whereas Dora still (apparently) feels vindicated and justified when her arguments with Marten are "over."

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #419 on: 01 Feb 2009, 16:04 »

This is a really good point, but we have context for Faye's emotions when this happens. We know she is insecure about relationships and we know that she knows it and she is working on it. And she apologizes when it's all over and feels like an asshat, whereas Dora still (apparently) feels vindicated and justified when her arguments with Marten are "over."

Wasn't that also when she had a concussion?  It was pretty overblown, but she at least gave Sven the satisfaction of seeing her humiliated half to death.  As someone said earlier, Faye is usually pretty quick to see when she is in the wrong.  Dora, not so much.  I think Faye overstates how mean and messed up she is, saying things like "I'm a bitch to deal with," and calling herself a "chick with issues."  Dora portrays herself as the sweet and stable one.  I think they are both off-base on self-evaluation.

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #420 on: 01 Feb 2009, 16:11 »

I'd forgotten about that.  I'd say it was an early indicator of her own attraction to Sven.  Related to that, I recall that she once told Sven off about (what she saw as) his habit of sleeping around.  Then, Sven told her in a later strip that he intended to change his ways.  More reasons to think that there's potential for something deeper to develop between Sven and Faye than merely "friends with benefits".
If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

Tybalt

• Can't always unscramble eggs
« Reply #421 on: 01 Feb 2009, 18:30 »

(click to enlarge)

Do not know if want....

DO WANT!

HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW ABOUT MY FICTIONAL SEXY FANTASIES?

LET ME UPDATE YOU ON MY ERECTIONS.

...and that's why I eat bugs.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #422 on: 01 Feb 2009, 18:32 »

I totally wish QC had Slashdot-style post moderation. Because that post deserves +5, Funny. :lol:

Mallli_kite

« Reply #423 on: 01 Feb 2009, 18:40 »

Dora represents herself as all sweetness and stability?  Where?  I've only seen her worrying about her own insecurities.  I've yet to see her say "Hey, look, I'm the stable one here!"

I think my point was missed or perhaps deliberately skipped over -- both Dora and Faye (and Sven and Marten and Steve and Penelope and do I need to mention Hannelore?) have BUCKETS of issues they are hauling around.  None of them are all good -- and none are all bad.  This is what makes them interesting.  I don't think any of them are particularly "better" or "Worse" than each other (whatever those two terms can be construed to mean).  They are COMPLEX.  That's a good reason to be interested them.  If they were really as flat, single issued, and insipid as is occasionally argued here, they wouldn't be worth the time to think about them, much less discuss them.  They'd be BORING.

Did anyone think to bleach this forum?  I'm thinking a good Cloroxing is necessary, especially after all that sticky red typeface up there... :-P

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #424 on: 01 Feb 2009, 19:25 »

Not as much anymore but earlier in the comic there were a few times she would say she is too nice for her own good, or self-sacrificing.  As for stability, it's more in how she plays herself off Faye.  It's also apparent in how she doesn't reflect and address her insecurities after fights with Marten or her blowing up at Faye over Sven.  She might not say it (like Faye says she's a bitch and has issues), but she definitely portrays herself as the nice and normal one.

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #425 on: 01 Feb 2009, 19:51 »

Tybalt, your bright red words hurt my eyes. 

Stop it. 
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #426 on: 01 Feb 2009, 22:04 »

I don't think Dora has ever represented herself as normal. For one thing, is it possible to be a Goth, former or not, and still claim to be normal?  For another, there's all the sexual innuendos, the broadsword, the battle spatula, her parents, her heroine, the way she runs COD and so on.  Too, I don;t think anyone whose business becomes famous for insulting its customers is exactly nice in the traditional sense.

As for Faye, if I had a dollar for every time someone posted "Arggh, Faye is allowed to get away with everything 'cuz she's got issues," I'd have enough for a Playstation 3. Or maybe that Epiphone SG knockoff I want. And what they say next is true, for everybody on the cast: "We all got issues."

Ah well, 'tis almost time for a new comic, new thread, and Jeph fubaring some of this.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #427 on: 01 Feb 2009, 23:15 »

As for Faye, if I had a dollar for every time someone posted "Arggh, Faye is allowed to get away with everything 'cuz she's got issues," I'd have enough for a Playstation 3. Or maybe that Epiphone SG knockoff I want. And what they say next is true, for everybody on the cast: "We all got issues."

Lets be honest here, if we had a dollar for that, we could afford to build a HAL9000!!!!
James The Kugai 

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #428 on: 02 Feb 2009, 05:56 »

Yes, but PTSD just slightly outweighs "mah bro was more popular =(".  :-P

Mallli_kite

« Reply #429 on: 02 Feb 2009, 06:40 »

Yes, but PTSD just slightly outweighs "mah bro was more popular =(".  :-P

OH please -- comparative mental issues?  "My father killing himself and leaving me feeling insecure about loving anyone because they will all leave me trumps your so-called friends using you to get to your brother and you never feeling you were good enough leaving you insecure about anyone ever loving you for being who you are."

"Oh yeah?  Well my being used by so-called friends went on for YEARS and YEARS.  Your dad offed himself, what, a couple years ago?"

"So?  That's DEATH!   I lost a parent!"

"Oh Yeah?  Well I lost DOZENS of friends.  I lost MORE!"

"I don't even KNOW why my dad killed himself!  You know they were after your BROTHER."

"YOU know your dad loved you! All those girls who said they were my friends were LYING to me."

In other words, both have suffered betrayal, both have difficulty maintaining trust, both are prey to insecurities, and both occasionally act out because of internal conflict in a way that hurts both themselves and those they care about.

JEEZ!

« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2009, 06:56 by Mallli_kite »

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #430 on: 02 Feb 2009, 07:56 »

In other words, both have suffered betrayal, both have difficulty maintaining trust, both are prey to insecurities, and both occasionally act out because of internal conflict in a way that hurts both themselves and those they care about.

PTSD.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #431 on: 02 Feb 2009, 08:34 »

Yes, nice initials. I am intimately familiar with them.  Do you happen to know anyone who suffers from it?  Are you speaking from personal experience?

Let's just agree to disagree on this point

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #432 on: 03 Feb 2009, 19:27 »

I suggest to anyone hating Faye so much go back and read the comic from the beginning. I think the idea of her being so bad has built up in your minds, and has become just a tad overblown.

Did that.

Definitely still hate the bitch.

Not gonna change.  It's not about the issues, or comparing her with Dora, or anything like that.

I like hating the bitch; She's my emotional whipping girl.

S

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #433 on: 03 Feb 2009, 20:26 »

(click to enlarge)

Do not know if want....

DO WANT!

HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW ABOUT MY FICTIONAL SEXY FANTASIES?

LET ME UPDATE YOU ON MY ERECTIONS.

NO WE DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THAT INFO UNLESS YOUR A GIRL...... WAIT WHAT?

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #434 on: 03 Feb 2009, 21:00 »

Yes, nice initials. I am intimately familiar with them.

So you understand it's a quite severe mental disorder, far worse than just insecurity.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #435 on: 03 Feb 2009, 21:01 »

That's exactly his point, that we don't want to know about your erections. He was something called "sarcasm." There are detectors for it commonly available on the market, I suggest that you obtain one. ;)

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #436 on: 04 Feb 2009, 01:00 »

That's exactly his point, that we don't want to know about your erections. He was something called "sarcasm." There are detectors for it commonly available on the market, I suggest that you obtain one. ;)

but I wasn't posting about my erections..... he was.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up