THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 01:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange things you probably did not know about me  (Read 39051 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Strange things you probably did not know about me
« Reply #250 on: 25 Jan 2009, 17:36 »

I shot several people in Reno because I wanted to watch them die because they did that thing that was funny like two years ago where you change the line from the Johnny Cash song with something rhyming with 'die'.
Before I shot them in Reno I went to their homes, kidnapped them, and drove through the hot desert sun with them piled up in the trunk of my car, plastic bags over their heads that had been punctured once for air. The heat made them sweat, they could all smell the fear in each other as they rode for hours longer than they could remember the numbers to count to. One of them thinks that they will not die because why would he go through this work to make them suffer before death no one would know no one would know it would serve no point he might as well just kill them before this can't be happening this can't be happening
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #251 on: 25 Jan 2009, 18:00 »

He also has a bunch of old roman coins.

Ooh! I do too. There's a really well-respected dealer downtown that I get catalogues from and stuff. I have byzantine, Islamic, and Roman coins and I also collect American coins (Morgan and Peace dollars, etc.)

I'm a geek, basically.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #252 on: 25 Jan 2009, 18:37 »

I have chorea.

I'm the only member of my family who never had a tooth on the palate.

My name is Anthony, because of a maronite saint called Saint-Antoine.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon
« Reply #253 on: 25 Jan 2009, 23:39 »

I talk to myself almost constantly.
I do this, too.

Once, I was walking somewhere and my brother passed me... he wouldn't pick me up because he thought I was having some kind of psychotic episode (talking away with no one there).
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #254 on: 26 Jan 2009, 00:11 »

I once shot a man in reno just to watch him die
I shot a guy in Reno 'cuz they cancelled Firefly.
I once shot a guy in New Reno because everyone there are mafia bastards.

Strange things you should have figured out about me by now: I game too much.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #255 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:24 »

Trying to make it interesting, as opposed to dull:

I played Washington Irving on stage and had to get so angry at one point that I kicked over a table, injuring someone else in the process.
I once bit a chav in the throat because he pushed a snowball into my face after a really bad day.
I spent a good 3 days last semester speaking only in old english to get into character for playing Chaucer.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 02:12 by Josefbugman »
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #256 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:33 »

I have read Wiccan/Hulkling slash.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #257 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:08 »

Hey, everyone, I believe the title of the thread is "Strange things you probably did not know about me", not "Boring things you probably did not know about me".

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #258 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:01 »

I still want to know why you were in the custody of the Russian police.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #259 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:15 »

Oh yeah, that.

Nothing exciting. I was in a town near the Russian/Finnish border and I missed my train back to Helsinki. In Russia they generally only give you visas that last the exact number of days that you plan to stay in the country, so my visa ran out at midnight. The police pulled me outside because they thought I might be in the country illegally or something, but I managed to explain to them that I'd simply missed my train and I wasn't trying to outstay my visa, so after a bit of discussion they put me in the back of a police van and started driving me towards the border. The cop driving the van asked me for money but I didn't have much and the only A.T.M. we found didn't work, so he dropped me off on the Russian side of the border and left me to fend for myself. When I tried to cross the border the border-guards (Russian Army guys) stopped me, and after explaining my situation again they started asking every car that passed over the border into Finland if they were going to Helsinki. Eventually they found one that was going to a town about 70 kilometres away, and I got in.

So the army guys were much cooler than than the cops. Sure, the cops drove me to the border, but they weren't happy about it and they didn't help me much beyond that. The army guys hitched me a ride, though.

Unusual evening, that one.

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #260 on: 26 Jan 2009, 06:50 »

On an almost related note, I was offered hashish by an official customs agent. On duty. On post. In plain view of about 6 more customs agents.
It's strange and you probably did not know it about me.

(I turned it down. We were still used as drug mules on the way off from the border but that's another strange story.)
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

PieGuy

« Reply #261 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:18 »

Im a incredible nerd and i have a tattoo on my left shoulder that says:
FIGURE THAT OUT!!!!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #262 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:20 »

AMOR! (MI AMOR!)

(Thank you binary translators on the INTERNET.)
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

PieGuy

« Reply #263 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:22 »

*Clap Clap*
Very quick my friend. The internet is cheating though.
Another fact: I can solve a rubiks cube... WITH MY FEET!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #264 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:27 »

I am still trying to convince est to get "DICKS" and "BOOBS" tattooed in binary on his forearms. He then would have to tell everyone they translated to "Peace" and "Tranquility" or something similarly clichéd. He is standing firmly against the idea.

All the strange things about me I have told people on a fairly regular basis, but I did realise that I have a fair few of the symptoms of that TMJ thing that Joe mentioned, except for the pain. My orthodontist told me the joints of my jaw felt like a bag of marbles, and was a bit surprised it didn't hurt. I also have a gap where one of my baby teeth came out without an adult tooth to replace it, so my teeth misaligned and my jaw slid across a little to compensate, so I still have a straight-looking smile.

Not really all that interesting, though.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #265 on: 26 Jan 2009, 23:55 »

When I was 12 I was ranked the 871st best Scrabble player in the United Kingdom. I only attended one competition the next year, dropped to 976, then I stopped playing.

I am a proficient Campanologist. I have rung several quarter peals and an extent on a ring of six, normally as the tenor. I am considering taking it up again because I need money and you can get paid for weddings, though I'm not sure if they allow piertced atheists to do it (I learned when I was much younger).

One of my legs is a centimetre shorter than the other, owing to having a ton of sheet metal dropped on it when I was three. This has left me with a strange, gimp-like walk and is the main reason I prefer to always wear boots, for their additional ankle support.

I have had my poetry published twice, once in a collection by children when I was 9, the other time in a magazine as an adult.

I have been arrested once, for writing "Legalise Murder: Why Should Governments Have All the Fun?" on the wall of an abandoned building whilst extremely drunk. The arresting officer told my mother later that I am the politest person he has ever taken into custody. I was so polite he let me turn out my own pockets, which meant he never found the eighth of skunk. He tried to embarrass me in front of my mother with the bottle of amyl nitrate and the tobacco he had taken from me, but it didn't work. The only other time I thought I might be arrested, I was also extremely drunk. A police officer made me prove I was drunk by holding an electric shock pen, such as one might purchase at a joke store, for six seconds, then let me go. At least, I think that's what happened. He definitely made me hold the shock pen. All I did was piss on a wheelie bin.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #266 on: 27 Jan 2009, 00:04 »

I meant it more in the way that I were no longer seen as a smart person, I wouldn't be as worthwhile.

It really sucks to see your intellect fade with age.  Especially when you see these arrogant smart kids and realize you were once like that but now no longer are.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #267 on: 27 Jan 2009, 08:10 »

I didn't start drinking soda until i was ten.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #268 on: 27 Jan 2009, 08:14 »

I have never had a nose bleed.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #269 on: 27 Jan 2009, 09:16 »

I'm not racist, some of my friends are white!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #270 on: 27 Jan 2009, 13:40 »

I am the best drunk person ever

Fixed
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #271 on: 30 Jan 2009, 00:33 »

i associate numbers with meanings, and they usually have absolutely no reason behind them at all. such as 2 means my mom, 8 stands for fat people, 10 is sex, etc. some of them stay pretty much the same, like 8, 10, and 11, while other numbers like 2, 3, 4, and 6 change meaning frequently. i shall probably make a list someday. is that strange enough for the intarwebs?
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #272 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:36 »

I can say the alphabet backwards, and often do when looking through things that are alphabetized, such as in the library or at a record store. Out loud. People look at me like I'm absolutely insane.

Masterbainter

• FIGHT YOU
  • those times...
« Reply #273 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:37 »

I could not tell you where a letter is in the alphabet, unless I sing that stupid song(in my head mostly, which now I can do extremely fast) or unless it's A or Z.
Hey guys let me tell you about my intercourses.

My intercourses, let me tell you about them.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #274 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:53 »

Isn't the idea that everybody can say the alphabet backwards unless they are drunk?
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 23:19 by David_Dovey »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #275 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:58 »

Goddamn I must be drunk all the time
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #276 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:59 »

o/

high fives, broheem
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 23:19 by David_Dovey »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #277 on: 30 Jan 2009, 04:13 »

\o

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #278 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:08 »

I have a mild phobia of banks.
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #279 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:32 »

simple addition/subtraction looks like Tetris in my head.

for example, seven has a curved slot on top which is exactly three units below the imaginery line representing Ten. so when i put five on top of seven, the curved bottom of five fits perfectly into the top of seven, extending the top of the five exactly two units above the ten line (equalling 12). three also fits perfectly into seven, but it stops right on the ten line. some numbers have to be turned to fit; like if i was doing eight plus five, the eight would have a rectangluar slot in the top and five would have to be turned upside down so it's top (which equals two, remember?) fits into the top of the eight and the bottom (which equals three) sticks up above the ten line (making thirteen).

i would really like to know if anybody else here thinks like this because i have talked to so many people about it and they all look at me like i'm fucking insane.

interestingly enough, this method is probably the reason i am so bad at complex math.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #280 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:39 »

I actually play tetris in my head pretty much constantly when I'm not doing anything else.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #281 on: 30 Jan 2009, 11:10 »

I went through a stage of zoming out in conversations and playing either Oblivion or Fable 2 in my head.

I had to stop when I cut my director's head off with a steak knife. I DIDN'T KNOW HE WASN'T THAG THE BANDIT?!?!?!

Damn you Microsoft.
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

FriendlyFireIsnt

• Not quite a lurker
  • Is it supposed to burn?
« Reply #282 on: 30 Jan 2009, 12:51 »

I have this wierd obsession with faces. Sometimes, when I'm listening to someone talk, my mind helplessly wanders to things like how I would draw or paint that person, if I had the chance. How the swell of the cheekbone transitions to jaw, maybe, or what colours would represent them best. If I'd use blended colours or stipple. I've only actually completed one of these paintings and the subject never saw it.
It's the tragedy of our age.  Everyone strives to be so damn clever. Not nearly enough, to be smart.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #283 on: 30 Jan 2009, 12:55 »

I have double jointed elbows. My left one in particular bends quite an alarming distance the wrong way.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #284 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:15 »

Since watching Clone Wars my internal voice sounds like George Takei.  One step further, everything I read sounds like George Takei is narrating it.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #285 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:20 »

My brain-voice occasionally sounds like Peter Griffin and it makes me really not like myself very much.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #286 on: 30 Jan 2009, 20:52 »

I have low blood pressure and I once blacked out just by standing up. Beats having heart disease.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #287 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:13 »

I keep finding out after being advised about some problem I have that the condition I've never heard of before is in fact pretty common. Low blood pressure is the latest one.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #288 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:43 »

My grand piano was was once set on fire by an arsonist.  It was not too damaged to restore, fortunately.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #289 on: 31 Jan 2009, 09:45 »

My brain-voice occasionally sounds like Peter Griffin and it makes me really not like myself very much.

Mine sounds like Ringo Starr most of the time. It's interesting having a Scouse accent in your head all day.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #290 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:02 »

My brain voice is English, and it comes out when I am sewing or baking. Seriously. When I sew I talk to myself in a fake English accent.

(I am kind of weird).
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #291 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:28 »

After reading a certain xkcd strip, I started reading everything like Morgan Freeman. It makes everything so much more comforting.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #292 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:33 »

Mine still sounds like me, I only hear it when I get into arguements with myself.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up