THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will sign up next for the Department of Kicking Your Ass?

Faye
- 34 (22.1%)
Hannelore
- 14 (9.1%)
Vespavenger
- 34 (22.1%)
Pintsize
- 29 (18.8%)
Veronica Vance
- 37 (24%)
Other
- 6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: 15 Mar 2009, 23:11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: March 9-13, 2009  (Read 35476 times)

jordinyc

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: WCT: March 9-13, 2009
« Reply #50 on: 09 Mar 2009, 21:07 »

First of all, did you have to post the picture and a link? Second of all, I don't get it at all. Explain.

From urbandictionary.com :

1.    Toast    

Toast, if a Youtube poop reference, ripped from an extra scene in the video game "Hotel Mario" For the Sega CD.

It is laughed apon because of Marios mistake saying "You know what they say, all toasters toast toast."

Toast is what all toasters toast.
Mario: *Walking into a room with a clusterfuck of toasters plugged into one outlet.*
Mario: "Hahahaa, here's the problem...too many TOASTERS!"
Mario: *Holding up a bag of Bowsers sowerpuss bread* "You know what they say... all toasters, toast toast."
*Mario unplugs outlet and toast goes flying everywere*

(note that I did say it was for YouTube Poop fans, but I thought I was only kidding when I said "both of them")
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2009, 21:10 by jordinyc »

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #51 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:06 »

Jeph just said in his Twitter that Dr. Corrine is back in tonight's strip.

It truly is a time for nearly forgotten characters to return! :mrgreen:

What's next, will Angus and Hanner's mom come back and have a three-way with Jimbo? stay tuned!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #52 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:29 »

Hanners has an interesting dream life.  Now all Tai has to do is stick a Tape Recorder under her pillow with a subliminal message for a week and she's in.

Alright, there's the obligatory HanTai reference.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

jordinyc

« Reply #53 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:30 »

Jeph just said in his Twitter that Dr. Corrine is back in tonight's strip.

It truly is a time for nearly forgotten characters to return! :mrgreen:

What's next, will Angus and Hanner's mom come back and have a three-way with Jimbo? stay tuned!

WUGH! Angus/Jimbo/Hyperbitch 3way? My brain! It's like a webcomic goatse, it cannot be unimagined.

akronnick

« Reply #54 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:32 »

tuned!
WUGH! Angus/Jimbo/Hyperbitch 3way? My brain! It's like a webcomic goatse, it cannot be unimagined.

..and, Your welcome :evil:
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Mojo

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #55 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:47 »

You know, I'd love to see Hanners' mom meet Marten's mom.  They're both assured, strong women; it would be interesting to see how they'd interact.  Hell, let's throw Faye's Mom and Dora's mom into the mix and really see the fur fly!

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #56 on: 09 Mar 2009, 22:55 »

You know, I'd love to see Hanners' mom meet Marten's mom.  They're both assured, strong women; it would be interesting to see how they'd interact.  Hell, let's throw Faye's Mom and Dora's mom into the mix and really see the fur fly!

Just so long as we get Michael Buffer to do the introductions and Triple H to referee the 'discussion'. I guess I'd enjoy that.
James The Kugai 

akronnick

« Reply #57 on: 09 Mar 2009, 23:08 »

Tag team?

Or free-for-all!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #58 on: 09 Mar 2009, 23:20 »

Mrs. Whitaker would sit there passively, possibly shocked if she knows what Veronica does/did for a living, but not showing it.
Ms. Bianchi would be stoned, and everyone else would soon realize this and ignore her except for Mrs. Whitaker. See above.
Veronica would do her best to politely ignore Hanners' mother and try to talk to the other two. See above.
Mrs. Ellicott-Chatham would be doing her best to leave: these people are not capitally significant, and therefore not worth her time.

Fur would not fly. Uncomfortable silence might smother, though.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Mojo

« Reply #59 on: 09 Mar 2009, 23:26 »

Mrs. Whitaker would sit there passively, possibly shocked if she knows what Veronica does/did for a living, but not showing it.
Ms. Bianchi would be stoned, and everyone else would soon realize this and ignore her except for Mrs. Whitaker. See above.
Veronica would do her best to politely ignore Hanners' mother and try to talk to the other two. See above.
Mrs. Ellicott-Chatham would be doing her best to leave: these people are not capitally significant, and therefore not worth her time.

Fur would not fly. Uncomfortable silence might smother, though.

Oh, I dont' know.  Ms. Vance might well find Hannermom rather amusingly stuck up (in fact she might suggest that's just what she needs), which would no doubt enrage Hannermom to no end.  As for the other two, who knows what they might do, they have made such limited appearances, and have such less obvious personality traits...

mehmeh

• BANNED
  • Plantmonster
« Reply #60 on: 10 Mar 2009, 01:02 »

It's better to have boned and lost, than never to have boned at all.

Martok

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #61 on: 10 Mar 2009, 01:27 »

"There needs to be a monster truck option." 

Heh.  That's a t-shirt slogan if I ever heard one.   :-P 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." --Pascal

tweetles

« Reply #62 on: 10 Mar 2009, 01:29 »

*ahem*

yeah New Zealand. Fuckin aye

*ahem*

that is all

muffmasta

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #63 on: 10 Mar 2009, 01:39 »

Hoorah for new zealand- home of milford sound and hobbits.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #64 on: 10 Mar 2009, 04:27 »

And the monster truck reference reveals Faye's roots.

Tanks crush things much better.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Mallli_kite

• Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #65 on: 10 Mar 2009, 07:52 »

But if you really want to crush something, C4 works nicely.

*sigh*  This is one of those "Smack Faye" moments where I keep hoping she will grow up but don't expect it for a while.  A long while.  A Very long while. 
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

Dagdason

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #66 on: 10 Mar 2009, 08:57 »

I have a hunch that monster trucks cause significantly more problems than they solve.

Naaaaaah, Jeph. It only causes problems for the people you're crushing on your way through life. Believe me, I've been one of those people crushed by a monster truck (in this kind of a situation). It's happened to me more than once.

nimnix

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #67 on: 10 Mar 2009, 11:22 »

This is definitely one of those times where Faye is just annoying.  I suppose if you can't be sulky and immature with your therapist, who can you be that way with? 

I really, really want to see what happens when Faye and Sven confront each other.

roxy255

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #68 on: 10 Mar 2009, 11:35 »

remember back in the day when faye spoke like a dainty southern belle? she's finally completely embraced her inner trucker

Mallli_kite

« Reply #69 on: 10 Mar 2009, 11:57 »

Ok, I went away and thought about it.  I do think Faye's expectations are skewed -- no one gets a pain-free life, and if you don't have some pain, you never really understand love or happiness -- but I keep reminding myself that she's young and she is going through her learning experiences right now.  At least she's owning her responsibility.

I hope we get back to Sven.  He's also at a crux point -- does he go back to his womanizing ways?  Does he face up to his choices and make a change?  Does he try to apologize and maybe explain things to Faye?  Hell, no decent lasting relationship exists without some conflict and some hard times, misunderstandings and anger and even the occasional Major Fuckup, but it's the working through that makes the relationship stronger. 

Oh feh, damned comic characters, getting into my head!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #70 on: 10 Mar 2009, 13:12 »

Malli-Kite, if you, at whatever age you've attained, don't occasionally wish for an easier way out of something painful, then you must be a heroic stoic. Nobody likes to undergo personal growth except for flakes who only think they're doing so by moaning at crystals, doing mescaline**, swimming with dolphins, ad nauseam.*

Remember, ideally, talking to a shrink is like talking to yourself, only with (hopefully) better answers.

*Not that there's anything wrong with trying new stuff. Just don't actually expect it to make you a better person. You'll still be basically the same ass—just a more experienced ass.

**Unless you're doing it the right way. Carlos Castaneda was basically full of it, but even so, I wouldn't exactly call what he, er, his character went through in The Teachings of Don Juan a fun ride.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2009, 13:19 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #71 on: 10 Mar 2009, 15:45 »

Hanners has an interesting dream life.  Now all Tai has to do is stick a Tape Recorder under her pillow with a subliminal message for a week and she's in.

Alright, there's the obligatory HanTai reference.

Of course, Tai will take a wrong turn in the apartment block and put her subliminal indoctrination under Faye or Marten's pillow for wacky hijinks. Isn't that how this kind of love-potion story usually pans out?

I suppose if you can't be sulky and immature with your therapist, who can you be that way with? 

I just like this quote.

"I'm paying you to listen my inner mopey teen...and he's written poetry!"
"You don't pay enough for poetry."
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Kaitydid08

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #72 on: 10 Mar 2009, 16:23 »

That is a very funny quote. :-)

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #73 on: 10 Mar 2009, 17:20 »

That quote definately deserves a t-shirt!
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

Mallli_kite

« Reply #74 on: 10 Mar 2009, 18:28 »

Malli-Kite, if you, at whatever age you've attained, don't occasionally wish for an easier way out of something painful, then you must be a heroic stoic. Nobody likes to undergo personal growth except for flakes who only think they're doing so by moaning at crystals, doing mescaline**, swimming with dolphins, ad nauseam.*

Remember, ideally, talking to a shrink is like talking to yourself, only with (hopefully) better answers.

*Not that there's anything wrong with trying new stuff. Just don't actually expect it to make you a better person. You'll still be basically the same ass—just a more experienced ass.

**Unless you're doing it the right way. Carlos Castaneda was basically full of it, but even so, I wouldn't exactly call what he, er, his character went through in The Teachings of Don Juan a fun ride.

Oh, I won't say that I wouldn't have liked an easier way a few hundred times, but early on I figured out it wasn't going to happen, and so turned my attention and energies toward getting through whatever was to be gotten through.  At some point in my late twenties, it occurred to me that if I was going to screw up so much, I should at least pay attention so as not to repeat the same thing.  I'm not particularly heroic, and compared to many my life has been full of advantages, but I've had my own personal load of shitty events to get over (the details are maudlin so I shan't detail).  In some ways, I'm similar to Faye, and I guess that's why she gets to me so much.

But even now, it's hard to watch someone make mistakes you already made.  Even in fictional characters, it's distressing. 

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #75 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:28 »

Hell, no decent lasting relationship exists without some conflict and some hard times, misunderstandings and anger and even the occasional Major Fuckup, but it's the working through that makes the relationship stronger. 

This just made me realize that The Man and I have been together coming up on 12 years and we've not had a single "Major Fuckup" in our relationship. Most of our mad-ons are minor and worked out in a day or so. I hope this doesn't mean we're due.

I've never felt comfortable talking to therapists. I got no problem telling them all about things that have happened in my past and how I feel about it, but I don't like to tell them about current stuff and how I feel now. Besides, they're all nuts, that's why most of them became therapists. The last one I had was bat-shit crazy. I think I knew more about her issues than she did about mine before she pronounced me cured.  :roll:

Personally, I don't think she was being particularly childish. So what if she makes a couple of whiny remarks to her therapist? It's not like she's going around pulling a "why me?" I think she's handled the whole situation in a rather adult manner.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #76 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:47 »

Yes. Anyone can *hope* progress would be more pleasant. Faye didn't say or act like she was entitled to have it be more pleasant.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #77 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:55 »

All she needed was the Silver Fern added on that T-Shirt and it would be Unofficial Official Merchandise,  :D

Good going Jeph, nice to see us Kiwi's getting official recognition here.  ;)

I think Faye isn't thinking rationally here, she crushed Sven with a monster truck and it's over too quick.   She needs something slow and painful - Steam roller!!     :evil:
James The Kugai 

soniku64

• Plantmonster
  • What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me...
« Reply #78 on: 10 Mar 2009, 21:37 »

For all the QC fans who enjoy YouTube Poops (yes, both of you). Sorry Jeph but I couldn't resist.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z298/jordinyc/?action=view&current=1355toast.png

I lol'd
Official supporter of SnowmanxEveryone

kgbisouttogetme

• Murder is only bad if you kill baby seals.
« Reply #79 on: 10 Mar 2009, 22:34 »

death quarterly? i need a subscription to that!
Jesus probably was hung like a horse. Wouldn't it be pathetic it he weren't? haha Jesus boner.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #80 on: 10 Mar 2009, 22:37 »

Yes, Radiohead is the cause of all of our problems. 

a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #81 on: 10 Mar 2009, 22:44 »

Enjoyed the artwork: lots of different poses in this one.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #82 on: 10 Mar 2009, 22:45 »

I have this image in my head: all the QC characters, major, minor, and sporadic, are in therapy. Corrinne and her colleagues are having coffee 'n bagels in a basketball gym somewhere while they construct a gigantic yarn diagram of the whole situation on the court. "You know, it's starting to look like a mushroom cloud."

Martok

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #83 on: 10 Mar 2009, 23:21 »

Loved the "life of mime" comment.  I've been snickering for a good full minute now....   :lol: 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." --Pascal

Monsterboy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • :txeT lanosreP
« Reply #84 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:07 »

Made me wonder how much longer they all got to be twentysomethings?
"True literature can only exist when it is created, not by diligent and reliable officials, but by madmen, hermits, heretics, dreamers, rebels and skeptics"  -- Yevgeny Zamyatin

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #85 on: 11 Mar 2009, 00:50 »

The comment in the RSS feed says Coldplay...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Jedit

« Reply #86 on: 11 Mar 2009, 01:03 »

I would have no problem with a law forbidding Thom Yorke from creating noise.
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

Wyr

« Reply #87 on: 11 Mar 2009, 02:35 »

As a unprofessional Mime myself, with his own fan club (hey, if you had one, you'd brag too) I would enjoy the honour of welcoming Thom Yorke to the fold. Mostly so we could all sleep with his imaginary girlfriend.
But if he gives away any of our secrets, well, lets just say there's a little invisible box with his name on it...which we'd fill with starving beaten lions, set it on fire, push it out of an airplane, and have it attacked by ninjas during freefall, super villain style.
'Cause thats just how we Mimes roll.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 02:51 by Wyr »

guyy

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #88 on: 11 Mar 2009, 03:03 »

Due to my irrational hatred of Thom Yorke's voice, the last line of this comic is probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in QC.

DoubleJ

• Plantmonster
« Reply #89 on: 11 Mar 2009, 05:26 »

Well, Dora was 26 way back in comic 144, and I figure Marten was a year or two out of college at that time... call it 22 or 23. Given that Jeph has never figured out how much time has gone by, and we just had a small timeskip, I'd randomly guess that it's been about a year since then. So Dora would be 27, Marten 23 or 24, and Faye, Hanners and Steve are all about that age as well. So Dora will be ready for Carousel in three years comic time, with Marten et al following three/four years later.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #90 on: 11 Mar 2009, 05:29 »

Hell, no decent lasting relationship exists without some conflict and some hard times, misunderstandings and anger and even the occasional Major Fuckup, but it's the working through that makes the relationship stronger. 

This just made me realize that The Man and I have been together coming up on 12 years and we've not had a single "Major Fuckup" in our relationship. Most of our mad-ons are minor and worked out in a day or so. I hope this doesn't mean we're due.

I've never felt comfortable talking to therapists. I got no problem telling them all about things that have happened in my past and how I feel about it, but I don't like to tell them about current stuff and how I feel now. Besides, they're all nuts, that's why most of them became therapists. The last one I had was bat-shit crazy. I think I knew more about her issues than she did about mine before she pronounced me cured.  :roll:

Personally, I don't think she was being particularly childish. So what if she makes a couple of whiny remarks to her therapist? It's not like she's going around pulling a "why me?" I think she's handled the whole situation in a rather adult manner.

I did qualify with "some" and not every "Major Fuckup" necessarily means something one of you did to the other.  Sometimes they come from the Big Outside World and you either weather them together or you splinter (I'm 15 years with my husband.)  Or you may be among the blessed few, on which I congratulate you.  It would be a better world if more people could have relationships like yours.  

The generalization about therapists is interesting.  

As for the twentysomething stuff -- maybe it's all just a state of mind.  I have a friend who is permanently 22, which means he's stuck about 1987, and at this point it's SCARY.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2009, 05:33 by Mallli_kite »

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #91 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:05 »

But even now, it's hard to watch someone make mistakes you already made.  Even in fictional characters, it's distressing. 

Unless it's Faye.  Then it makes me giggle.

S
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #92 on: 11 Mar 2009, 08:10 »

So Dora will be ready for Carousel in three years comic time, with Marten et al following three/four years later.

Which means about 15 years real time, right? :lol:

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #93 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:11 »

Ahh, the joy of finding a decent therapist. For the first point, half the idea behind a therapist is to be able to share with someone who's not directly involved in current events. I feel your pain though because while years of therapy as a child taught me to say "I feel this way because of this blah blah blah" to anyone who asks sharing things that actually make me feel something is an entirely different proposition and very difficult if I don't feel close to the person which funnily enough isn't going to go so well if they won't/can't share about themselves.

As for the second, while most people develop an interest in psychology from their own trauma it's not to say they're all shite (counsellors, psychologists, whatever). It just means you have to find someone actually competent and who suits your personality through hit-and-miss and when you're really battling with depression and anxiety this is no small ask.

Speaking of nutters in mental health, my mother's studying counselling right now and I'm shit scared she'll actually want to practice. This woman has fought tooth and nail for the stability she has in her life now and I still don't trust her not to use anything I share against me, she's always convinced she's right, she fails at consistency with her kids (8 & 10yo, not me) and dog and is downright abusive with her partner. She even text me freaking out because once in a while she'll realise this, but I feel obligated to be supportive... I just don't want her counselling anyone!  :|

Uh, re: comic, Faye was slightly annoying in that she seemed to be reacting to the psychologist's statements without actually examining them which seems like a bit of a waste of money, but whatever. And I also hate the outright "how do you feel?" It just seems lazy and you're probably going to get at least a raised eyebrow from me! Otherwise I couldn't help but think "it hardly matters" about Dora's comment about seeing the same psychologist (man they must be rich to afford this!) but it was nice to see witty banter again, I don't like the conflict and bitchiness.

And now, you are all enlightened! Anyone else feel like a smeghead pronouncing their opinions on the comic like this?  :-D

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #94 on: 11 Mar 2009, 14:17 »

I don't know, I figure it'll just be like the Simpsons, where none of the characters age.  Also: though they have celebrated holidays, I don't think it's been anyone's birthday (please link to specific comics if I'm wrong), so I think that's the approach Jeph's taking.
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #95 on: 11 Mar 2009, 14:46 »

It's been Hanners' birthday; she turned 21.

• Plantmonster
  • WOOOO!
« Reply #96 on: 11 Mar 2009, 14:46 »

Due to my irrational hatred of Thom Yorke's voice, the last line of this comic is probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in QC.

seriously? i LOVE his voice. that's the best part! but i love voices like that in general. i love the desperation i think  :?

kantsuu

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #97 on: 11 Mar 2009, 15:51 »

Sounds like Sven is sending everyone to therapy... haha.
"As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Golani

« Reply #98 on: 11 Mar 2009, 16:40 »

Nice couple of comics we've had the last two days. Though the comment Hannelore made about the beard is silly. If you might as well shave off your beard, then Hannelore needs to cut off all her hair, as a beard is the same thing. (Seriously, I hope Hannelore DOESN'T get that idea.)

The councilor comic was meh, though I am considering going to see one after reading this, I could use it because of a situation in my life. I hope it is therapeutic.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #99 on: 11 Mar 2009, 17:13 »

Unless it's Faye.  Then it makes me giggle.

S

You're just bitter ;)  Or sober.  I can't always tell with you, Mr. S. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up