THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 04:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT April 6-10 (or March 37-41)  (Read 54286 times)

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
Re: WCT April 6-10 (or March 37-41)
« Reply #100 on: 08 Apr 2009, 15:09 »

There's also the idea that, while Dora is bi, Faye (as far as I can tell) is not. Also, any aftersex awkwardness would just be multiplied, not to mention aftersex insecurities all around (the variations on "Was she better than me?" boggle the mind).

Nah Faye would be out of the question, didn't mean to imply her involvement within the mere idea.
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

Jeff7

• Furry furrier

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #102 on: 08 Apr 2009, 17:48 »

Hey, Marten's just next door, Faye... ;)
I thought this, too. And I'm not trolling (as I understand the term, anyway). I simply think it's a shame that people who're good friends can't help one another out at times like this. One of the worst problems I see in Western European cultures (Can't speak to other cultures, haven't lived in them) is its attitudes towards sex. It seems absolutely designed from the ground up to make people feel lonely, isolated, and guilty. Oh, I know very few, if any 'free love' movements have ever worked. But I also think I can pinpoint why they failed. A) too many of the individuals within them couldn't quash their ground-in 'old' culturally-based reactions and 2) there really is no such thing as free sex. There is a price: you have to on some level care about the person you're sharing it with and act accordingly. (yeah, I know there are hoards of people who don't do this; that's part of our society's sexual pathology).

Too me, all sex really boils down to is (or should be) a way of showing someone you care about them, of celebrating the connection. But to think it's the only way, or even the most important way, to me is batshit crazy. Like every other physical act, it's not the act itself, but the intent behind it that defines what the act means.

And yes, I know there's a freaking ton of biological issues that go into this that I haven't touched on. I'll say this: I think one of any society's goals should be to find a way for its individuals to live with and, my goodness, even be happy with their human biology. It's a bit shocking that with all the save the forests, save the oceans, save the whales, what-have-you attempts to get us to live with our planet's biology instead of fighting and destroying it, that we don't seem to do nearly as much for our own biology. Suppress it and move on, OR submit to it completely seem to be the prevailing attitudes, too often both at the same time. I think we need another option.

Anyway, it is a shame Faye can't go get some comfort from Marten, who, incidentally, seems to be the one character on the strip who doesn't place some sort of halo around sex. (Raven and Sven are both belt-notchers, IMHO).

Hookay. Rant over. Inner Penelope, go back to sleep. And for those of you who want simply to address this topic in general, I have created a thread elsewhere. http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,22913.msg801347.html#msg801347 Why? Because I like you.  :-)
No, not that way. (Man, I miss T-Rex emoticon.)
Dude, I love you. I agree with every damn thing you've written, every single point. And wish more people agreed with me! lol Can't be arsed reading your thread but might when I'm not on my lunch break.

Love. You.

I really don't get why it never came up. Really - what harm could "we can haz 3sum?" do with a bisexual partner? Even if it does any (either by one part not being able to take a "no" or making a scene when uttering that "no") you've learned a bit more about what your relationship is made of.
Well in this case it's obvious neither Dora nor Faye would cope in this situation, but generally I don't see why asking for a threesome with a friend would be bad. Yes or no. It has much potential for badness, but equally for awesomeness!

Edit: Whoops.
Nah Faye would be out of the question, didn't mean to imply her involvement within the mere idea.
OK never mind, we agree. :P

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #103 on: 08 Apr 2009, 19:22 »

No one has brought up the fact that, should Marten suggest a threesome with Faye, Dora would be all "AHA! You still want Faye and you're just with me until she's available! DIE!!"
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #104 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:16 »

Faye's going totally nuts. And now Dora is the sane one. :roll:

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #105 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:19 »

It's disconcerting how quickly Faye jumped to the comatose fuck-toy idea.

It's almost like Sven is the only person she knows that has a penis, but isn't there somebody who comes to the coffee shop from time to time even though he doesn't really like coffee all that much. Someone who shares her taste in eye wear and vintage fashion, and like her just got out of an awkward unhealthy relationship?

If only there were someone like that in the cast of Questionable Content.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Mojo

« Reply #106 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:20 »

I understand there's a MALE Realdoll.  If she'd be happy with Sven in the condition she suggests, she might as well go with the vinyl....

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #107 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:23 »

Dang!  I was hoping she was gonna offer Faye a threesome.  :D  ;)

Seriously though, at least Dora is offering her a workable solution.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #108 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:25 »

Well, Maddness, Dora could also say: "O, god, I knew us was a bad idea. If I'd just stayed out of it, you and Faye could have been happy all this time." *sob*

I can make a case for either way. Or maybe something in between, like: "AHA! You still want Faye and you're just with me until she's available! DIE!....wait, wait, oh , god, I knew us was a bad idea. If I'd just stayed out of it, you and Faye could have been happy all this time." *sob*

What she wouldn't say: "You two deserve each other. Me, I'm gonna hunt down Angus and belittle his fashion sense."

Or

"Screw you both! Incest is best! Yeah, I said it, and I'm glad I said it. Take me, Sven, baby!"
Sven (still rubbing jaw): "Take you where?"
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #109 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:28 »

I understand there's a MALE Realdoll.  If she'd be happy with Sven in the condition she suggests, she might as well go with the vinyl....

I think part of the appeal to her idea is the 'visiting horrific destruction on Sven' part. Kind of like when Hannibal Lector made Ray Liotta eat his own brain at the end of Hannibal.
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2009, 21:32 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

sneakylemur

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #110 on: 08 Apr 2009, 21:28 »

Am I the only one surprised at how willing Faye is to rant about how horny she is for Sven, to his sister? And how completely unfazed Dora is? I would find that conversation to be super-awkward. Yeah, Dora knows Faye's hot for Sven, but some things just don't need to be elaborated upon, I would think.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #111 on: 08 Apr 2009, 22:01 »

Dora is trying to be a Good Friend. It is not that awkward, really.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #112 on: 08 Apr 2009, 22:27 »

The characters do have limits after which they say Too Much Information, but those limits are pretty far out there.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #113 on: 08 Apr 2009, 23:31 »

Todays posting utterly confused me.

Ladies cant masturbate without the help of a penis machine ???

Doesnt make sense to me at all, sorry.
Carpe Diem

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #114 on: 09 Apr 2009, 01:48 »

Was Dora always that much taller than Faye?

maveric1984

« Reply #115 on: 09 Apr 2009, 02:02 »

a fake penis is still a fake penis.  I have a fleshlight, an dwhile it is pretty good, it is no comparison to the real thing.  It's still masturbation.

Bendal

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #116 on: 09 Apr 2009, 04:39 »

Gee, Faye wants to use a brain-dead Sven as a fuck-toy?  I thought that was what she was already using him for, so what's the difference?  After all, the only interaction she had with Sven was when she wanted sex, and then she gets up and leaves and hangs out with her friends (specifically not including Sven in that circle at all), until she gets horny again and needs another night of banging.

He's not even a friend with benefits, because she never thought of him as a friend.  He was just a...well, a fuck toy.

Mallli_kite

• Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #117 on: 09 Apr 2009, 04:50 »

A fuck toy who could hug.  Most toys lack that particular feature.

Of all people Faye would talk to about Sven, Dora is tops on the list -- what is so weird/awkward about it?  It isn't as if Dora doesn't know about Sven's sexual activities, or that he was with Faye, or that Faye doesn't have sexual feelings.  She's Faye's friend, and it isn't like Faye is describing Sven's penis with a 3 D model or anything.  What, some folks still haven't come to grips with the fact their own parents had sex at least once without getting all ooky?  Maybe the continued existence of stork and cabbage leaf stories is really for the kids, not embarrassed parents.

And Faye is totally a Hitachi Magic Wand kinda girl.    Those Japanese silicone animal things would give her nightmares.

I wonder if those could be the basis of Hanners' animal problems?  I can see that.
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

bbq

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #118 on: 09 Apr 2009, 05:18 »

Is it just me or does this feel slightly like fanservice?

BryanP

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #119 on: 09 Apr 2009, 06:00 »

You say that as if it were a bad thing?

Mallli_kite

« Reply #120 on: 09 Apr 2009, 07:00 »

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, damned if it makes the slightest difference.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #121 on: 09 Apr 2009, 10:03 »

I just thought it felt funny, you know, when it made me laugh.

Fucking can't please people.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #122 on: 09 Apr 2009, 10:05 »

I dunno. I'd just be like weirded out.

I have a cousin who is one year younger than I. We were raised together and so he's always been more like a pesky little brother to me. In high school the masses of females who were attracted to him and wanted me to "hook them up" with him seemed to find it necessary to tell me how hot he was. I had to point out, repeatedly, that A) I was not his pimp and B) He was like my brother and NO I did not want to discuss his assets or listen as the rhapsodized about them. He thought it was fucking hilarious. Asshole.

On the real doll, I've heard that they can make you one working off a picture. So, Faye could have a Sven-like fuck toy if she had the money and could live with the embarrassment of having a Sven toy hiding in her closet.
Fight Me, Bitches!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #123 on: 09 Apr 2009, 10:16 »

you'll fucking know when i do fanservice
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Milesb

« Reply #124 on: 09 Apr 2009, 11:00 »

Will it be like the SMBC guest strip a while back? =D

Uhm. on topic:

I'm sure Dora would be used to people talking about Sven since she's had to put up with it for years already. Also Faye did not say anything too implicit.

Golani

« Reply #125 on: 09 Apr 2009, 11:30 »

Interesting last couple of comics these past few days... ah, the human element.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #126 on: 09 Apr 2009, 13:37 »

Meh, I don't see sex discussion among friends as weird, even when it's one person's brother. But then, I have been known to harass my mother about poor use of contraception and push condoms on her, and recommend vibrator brands. Finding her vibrator when I was 18 and knowing she likes big and realistic was too much though.   :|

Mallli_kite

« Reply #127 on: 09 Apr 2009, 13:58 »

Uhm. on topic:

I'm sure Dora would be used to people talking about Sven since she's had to put up with it for years already. Also Faye did not say anything too implicit.

The point exactly.  Not explicit, not detailed -- well, except for the brainstem part, and I think Dora has had that particular thought herself once or twice.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #128 on: 09 Apr 2009, 15:13 »

So whatever happened to the Pulse-Master-9000 whatever it was?  Surely it's on a shelf in the back-room of COD somewhere... or under the counter used for stirring herbal tea....

http://questionablecontent.net./view.php?comic=105
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 15:16 by MillionDollar Belt Sander »

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #129 on: 09 Apr 2009, 15:13 »

Uhm. on topic:

The point exactly.  Not explicit, not detailed -- well, except for the brainstem part, and I think Dora has had that particular thought herself once or twice.

Without the whole fucktoy part, though.  
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Milesb

« Reply #130 on: 09 Apr 2009, 15:20 »

one would hope.

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #131 on: 09 Apr 2009, 15:51 »

Judging by many of the posters, it isn't fan service until Hannelore discovers self-stimulation.  One can hope this never, ever happens (or at least is not chronicled in a comic).

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #132 on: 09 Apr 2009, 15:59 »

And shortly after that, Hanners will let Tai seduce her.

(And the Nuclear powered SS HanTai sails on :D )
James The Kugai 

Milesb

« Reply #133 on: 09 Apr 2009, 18:09 »

Would be funnier if Hanners seduced Tai - if that's even possible.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #134 on: 09 Apr 2009, 18:25 »

Do more of it.  :mrgreen:

Or, "blatant pandering," I believe was the one keyphrase.  :evil:

Mojo

« Reply #135 on: 09 Apr 2009, 19:42 »

Heh, maybe they gave it back to Marten....

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #136 on: 09 Apr 2009, 19:48 »

Dora just looks better and better over time.  Do you think she might be Jeph's favorite to draw?
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 20:19 by MrMonk »
If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #137 on: 09 Apr 2009, 20:28 »

I'll get you next time, Hantai! NEXT TIME!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #138 on: 09 Apr 2009, 20:29 »

What I see here is the Dora I like so well (as opposed to the insecure nut-job, and why I cut her enormous slack when she's in that mode) being kind to her friend, Faye, who is going through a rough spot. Or the Sarlacc pit, take your pick.

Oh, and those of you who think it's odd to speak badly of a sibling (or cousin, what have you) must not have one who's often a douche. At some point, ya gotta sigh and say, yeah, that's him alright. The douche. As we've seen in many strips, Dora is very much past this stage with Sven.

I do agree the vibrator sounds a little inadequete, but, were it I trying to do the comforting, I'd be hard pressed to think of anything else, either, things being how they are. I mean, if Dora offered to hold the
*slap*
Sorry.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #139 on: 09 Apr 2009, 21:42 »

jephjacques Hee hee, these next few strips are gonna be fun

I can't be the only one both concerned and excited by the glee with which this statement was expressed.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 22:24 by maddness »
Fight Me, Bitches!

Lost Coastlines

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #140 on: 09 Apr 2009, 21:57 »

Oh, and those of you who think it's odd to speak badly of a sibling (or cousin, what have you) must not have one who's often a douche. At some point, ya gotta sigh and say, yeah, that's him alright. The douche. As we've seen in many strips, Dora is very much past this stage with Sven.

So true.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #141 on: 09 Apr 2009, 22:24 »

The "Daft Punk Disco Dong"???

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #142 on: 09 Apr 2009, 22:27 »

@celticgeek
Would you prefer the James Brown Dildo?

WHOA! I FEEL GOOD! So good!...So good....

Also, let us hope that Faye invests wisely in some quality NiMH batteries and a good charger. :P

Though I suppose a sex shop would stock some variant of them, likely NiMHph batteries.

« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 22:29 by Jeff7 »

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #143 on: 09 Apr 2009, 22:31 »

Why bother with batteries? Just get one that plugs right in.

I am willing to bet that pretty much my entire female readership would buy this product.

I concur. Where can I buy one?
 :-D
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 22:35 by maddness »
Fight Me, Bitches!

geffyb

• Plantmonster
« Reply #144 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:02 »

Jeph, the Daft Punk Vibrator made my week, thanks for that.

I especially love the "Work it Harder" written on the box ^^

[edit] Hell I'd buy it just to see the reaction that people have to the box.
[edit] okay I lie, I'd use it, especially if its as colorful as their shows.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2009, 23:05 by geffyb »

AnalogyShark

« Reply #145 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:07 »

I am willing to bet that pretty much my entire female readership would buy this product.

Fixed.  =)

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #146 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:18 »

I'll get you next time, Hantai! NEXT TIME!

NEVER!!!!!!   MUUWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I think that shop keeper has taken TGIF far too much to heart  :D  ;)

Hmmmmmmm   I wonder if the Michael Jackson is the 'Thriller'.     :evil:
James The Kugai 

mnethia

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #147 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:28 »

jeph, i shop at that porn store. thank you for making your comic my real life once again.

Jack Faros

• Plantmonster
« Reply #148 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:29 »

Fixed.  =)
Yeah, seriously!  I'm male, and I would totally buy that thing for the box alone! xD

Tinsid

« Reply #149 on: 09 Apr 2009, 23:38 »

Isn't there a continuity problem here, with Faye having never been to a sex shop but still visibly having clearly used vibrators in the past?

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1011 (last panel)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up