THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 11:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hannelore  (Read 60622 times)

Moo Cow

• Plantmonster
  • When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose?
Hannelore
« on: 24 Jul 2009, 10:08 »

How would you feel if Jeph did a plot where Hannelore out grew her OCD (or something). That would be comforting at least for me, considering she's an annoying and awkward character, but i guess when it comes to comics you always need a mental character..  :|

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
Re: Hannelore
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2009, 10:19 »

Not that she's a terribly realistic character to start with, but I think I would really be offended by the idea that she could "grow out of" a serious mental disorder. Nor do I think Jeph, as someone who suffers from OCD himself, would ever do a strip implying that such was possible.

She could learn to manage it better though. That would be good. I actually think Jeph has been moving her in that direction lately.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2009, 10:21 »

She's already made progress compared to what she's told us of when she was "really bad". She's not alphabetizing her shrink's bookshelf any more and she's built a social life.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2009, 11:40 »

You don't "grow out of" mental disorders.

But it would be more interesting to see more "not-Flanderized" Hannelore, like she was when she was first introduced.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2009, 15:08 »

I agree with Bicostp... I mean, I really like the kind of character that is Hannelore right now. But it would be veyr ncie to see her like she was the very first time she was introduced.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2009, 15:34 »

Are you kidding? The medication just made her worse, in other ways. She was stalking Marten! And smoking! And wearing her hair long! She'd never go back on them. Just look at what such anti-OCD stuff did to Monk.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2009, 16:03 »

She was stalking Marten! And smoking! And wearing her hair long!

And I found that entertaining. Matter of tastes.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2009, 16:07 »

Not that she's a terribly realistic character to start with, but I think I would really be offended by the idea that she could "grow out of" a serious mental disorder.

As an OCD sufferer, I agree. I too, am offended by that.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2009, 16:29 »

She was stalking Marten! And smoking! And wearing her hair long!

And I found that entertaining. Matter of tastes.
As did I. I'm just saying, it's not something Hanners would want to do again.

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2009, 17:01 »

To me, when Hanners was first introduced, she seemed, so unlike herself. To be perfectly honest, it's nice to see a fictional character coping with a mental disorder.

Also:
considering she's an annoying and awkward character, but i guess when it comes to comics you always need a mental character..  :|

How is she annoying? She has a mental disorder, that would hardly qualify her as annoying. She has quirks, it's what makes her interesting. I like it, personally.
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

Moo Cow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2009, 17:08 »

When i said 'Grow out of it' I only meant that as a hypothetical situation. So don't take it offensively or anything. - Anyway I guess most of you are right, I mean she has improved, as  Is it cold in here? suggested.

---
To me, when Hanners was first introduced, she seemed, so unlike herself. To be perfectly honest, it's nice to see a fictional character coping with a mental disorder.

Also:
considering she's an annoying and awkward character, but i guess when it comes to comics you always need a mental character..  :|

How is she annoying? She has a mental disorder, that would hardly qualify her as annoying. She has quirks, it's what makes her interesting. I like it, personally.

I never meant it as an insult, I have a mental disorder. It's just how she always seems to be a bottom-feeder, so far from what i have read 636 she seems to be one of those offset secondary characters. But i could be wrong. I haven't read the entire comic. This is just my subsumption so far. 

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2009, 18:49 »

As did I. I'm just saying, it's not something Hanners would want to do again.

Well... it's not like I want her to change [Hell no, she is one of my favorite characters hands down!] but I wonder what would happen if at some point she gets some change all of a sudden, like as some kind of accident.  :-)

Juniper Jade

• Larger than most fish
  • brb picking up high school boys
    • Myspaces
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jul 2009, 19:38 »

Hanners needs to find love... if she's even capable of that.
"Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without happiness." - Christian Dior

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jul 2009, 19:58 »

What makes you say that?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2009, 20:40 »

She's human.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Juniper Jade

• Larger than most fish
    • Myspaces
« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2009, 21:57 »

What makes you say that?
If she did find someone to be with I just figured her OCD would hinder a lot of things like touching, kissing and dare I say sex? But it would be nice to see her have some sort of love interest.
"Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without happiness." - Christian Dior

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jul 2009, 01:33 »

Oh god, here come the shippers! Reef the Mainsail, batten down the hatches, turn her into the waves, it's gonna be a rough one!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

SJCrew

« Reply #17 on: 25 Jul 2009, 08:53 »

None of the QC guys seem like a good match for Hanners right now; her only real shot would be for a new character to step in and sweep her off her feet. Sex is a stretch, since she can't even manage hugging, but hope isn't lost for her on the love front. I'm just kind of hoping Jeph's solution for this doesn't turn out to be for her to meet a guy with OCD. >_>

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #18 on: 25 Jul 2009, 09:23 »

doesn't turn out to be for her to meet a guy with OCD. >_>

Jajajaja I thought about it for some weeks ago... But that kind of thing was just too much for me so I thought that it would be ridiculous.

Juniper Jade

• Larger than most fish
    • Myspaces
« Reply #19 on: 25 Jul 2009, 21:32 »

I'm going to be an annoying shipper and say I always thought Steve and Hanners as a couple would be cute.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jul 2009, 21:59 »

Be weird, considering what a slob he was after the breakup,

Mein Tumblr

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #21 on: 26 Jul 2009, 01:22 »

Would it be creepy of me to offer myself up for the role of Hanners Boy Toy? I mean, i wish i could find a 'real world' version of her coz she is actually pretty close to being my dream girl (OCD and all).

Whatever, the only reason i made THAT sugestion is the fact that if Jeph doest end up creating a romantic interest for Hannelore, he is gonna be one messed up dude (aka: ME). Considering how 'strange' she is, having her hook up with a 'normie' aint really feasable.
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jul 2009, 02:04 »

Sigh. If anyone is up for being banned for being creepy, it's you.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #23 on: 26 Jul 2009, 02:15 »

Fruillc( or whatever) was still worse.

Mein Tumblr

tinysmidgen

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jul 2009, 06:00 »

I want to hear stories of this person. Detailed stories.
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #25 on: 26 Jul 2009, 08:45 »

nah, you don't wanna.

Here's a reason why trollstormur is awesome though
Quote from: Trollstormur
i bet marigold has really crazy '70s bush.
Quote from: frullic
YOU KILLED MY FANTASIES!

Mein Tumblr

jonarus_drakus

« Reply #26 on: 26 Jul 2009, 09:46 »

Damn... I just got here and already Im making friends  :oops:

Meh, story of my life... Wheres a bottle of Vodka when you need one...

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #27 on: 26 Jul 2009, 09:53 »

That'll be over in the "YOU'D BETTER NOT BE SOBER" thread.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #28 on: 26 Jul 2009, 15:37 »

out grew her OCD (or something).
The "or something" here has real possibilities. All Jeph has to do is write in a new medication that fixes her completely or almost completely.

A Hannelore with her illness cured would still have the habit of cleaning everything, and would still be socially awkward due to lack of experience. She'd still iin many ways be like an adolescent. She might become unable to keep her business running.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #29 on: 27 Jul 2009, 01:34 »

Don't get me wrong, I don't know you. I make it a point to be as polite to people on the internet as I would be to IRL people. I was just saying, creepy comments regarding Hanners have been somewhat out of control for years, and we're trying to reign it in. See this: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,22450.0.html

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #30 on: 27 Jul 2009, 05:35 »

WHOA U RINK VODKA DAT IZ SO KEWL DOOOOOODDDDD U R THA COOOLESTT
Hate, rain on me

jonarus_drakus

« Reply #31 on: 27 Jul 2009, 08:30 »

Don't get me wrong, I don't know you. I make it a point to be as polite to people on the internet as I would be to IRL people. I was just saying, creepy comments regarding Hanners have been somewhat out of control for years, and we're trying to reign it in. See this: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,22450.0.html

Point very much taken, I had no real desire to portry that sort of image. Hanners is cute for a fictional character and all, but she is just that, a FICTIONAL character. All i really meant to say is that if by some fluke there was someone LIKE her in the real worls then the OCD would not be an issue to me. I guess i can understand if that wasnt clear however. I was operating on very little sleep at the time. The only thing i can think to add is that i am as interested as anyone else to see how the Hannelore character is developed from here, and that (in my singular opinion) she, if she ended up meeting anyone at all, would most likely 'hook up' with someone who was similarly... err... 'messed up'.

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #32 on: 27 Jul 2009, 13:02 »

to be the millionth person to say this, you don't grow out of a mental disorder ever. buuuuut, i would like to see her continue to manage her ocd (she is doing fairly well these days.) she is becoming more and more of a three-dimensional character, rather than just 'ocd girl'.

seeing her find someone would be lovely, but improbable.
kittens!

Moo Cow

• Plantmonster
« Reply #33 on: 27 Jul 2009, 15:38 »

to be the millionth person to say this, you don't grow out of a mental disorder ever. buuuuut, i would like to see her continue to manage her ocd (she is doing fairly well these days.) she is becoming more and more of a three-dimensional character, rather than just 'ocd girl'.

seeing her find someone would be lovely, but improbable.

Incase you don't know how to read, I think we've settled the 'You don't grow out of OCD'

When i said 'Grow out of it' I only meant that as a hypothetical situation. So don't take it offensively or anything. - Anyway I guess most of you are right, I mean she has improved, as  Is it cold in here? suggested.

---

Also:

I never meant it as an insult, I have a mental disorder. It's just how she always seems to be a bottom-feeder, so far from what i have read 636 she seems to be one of those offset secondary characters. But i could be wrong. I haven't read the entire comic. This is just my subsumption so far. 

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #34 on: 27 Jul 2009, 17:06 »

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome years ago, but you'd hardly know it now.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #35 on: 27 Jul 2009, 17:49 »

I don't think two mentally unstable people make for the healthiest of relationships. I'm not saying they never work, I'm just saying they're not exactly healthy.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #36 on: 27 Jul 2009, 21:16 »

Point very much taken, I had no real desire to portry that sort of image. Hanners is cute for a fictional character and all, but she is just that, a FICTIONAL character. All i really meant to say is that if by some fluke there was someone LIKE her in the real worls then the OCD would not be an issue to me. I guess i can understand if that wasnt clear however. I was operating on very little sleep at the time. The only thing i can think to add is that i am as interested as anyone else to see how the Hannelore character is developed from here, and that (in my singular opinion) she, if she ended up meeting anyone at all, would most likely 'hook up' with someone who was similarly... err... 'messed up'.

You are so hilariously bad at the internet. I have never seen more typical excuses for Bad Posting used by one person. "I WAS OPERATING ON VERY LITTLE SLEEP AT THE TIME" haha oh wow.
Hate, rain on me

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #37 on: 27 Jul 2009, 21:40 »

I don't think two mentally unstable people make for the healthiest of relationships. I'm not saying they never work, I'm just saying they're not exactly healthy.
I vouch for this from personal experience. Twice.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #38 on: 27 Jul 2009, 22:51 »

You are so hilariously bad at the internet. I have never seen more typical excuses for Bad Posting used by one person. "I WAS OPERATING ON VERY LITTLE SLEEP AT THE TIME" haha oh wow.

I often use the "I was drunk" excuse.  But I've learned to not post while drunk.  At least not much.

bodymod89

« Reply #39 on: 27 Jul 2009, 23:05 »

Friends don't let friends drunk text.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #40 on: 28 Jul 2009, 00:03 »

I vouch for this from personal experience. Twice.

12 years of personal experience and still going over my way. Co-dependent as all fuck, but it seems to work pretty well for us.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #41 on: 28 Jul 2009, 01:17 »

Codependency is good, believe it or not. Hell, It's normal for every couple.

Mein Tumblr

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #42 on: 28 Jul 2009, 11:56 »

It's really not. If you're just reading it as depending on each other, then that can be normal and healthy, but that's not what people usually mean when they say "codependent." Codependency describes a series of unhealthy, maladaptive compulsions developed by those in long-lasting family relationships which are under constant stress (from chemical dependence, poor mental health, abuse, etc.).

A need to control every situation, a tendency to martyr one's self in order to solve a problem, creating personal emotional crisis as an attention seeking device, and compulsively seeking out unhealthy relationships even after the original unhealthy relationship has ended are all compulsions relating to codependency.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

chronoplasm

• Plantmonster
« Reply #43 on: 28 Jul 2009, 12:03 »

I'd like to see her find ways to work around her mental disorder.
Like... if her OCD prevents her from having sex for fear of skin contact and exchange of fluids, maybe she could wear a latex suit or something during sex?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2009, 12:06 »

I think a latex fetish strip is what everyone wants right now.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

chronoplasm

• Plantmonster
« Reply #45 on: 28 Jul 2009, 12:16 »

Then everybody is allergic to latex and hilarity ensues.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #46 on: 28 Jul 2009, 17:52 »

Her alcohol use is a workaround.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

SJCrew

« Reply #47 on: 28 Jul 2009, 19:18 »

I'd like to see her find ways to work around her mental disorder.
Like... if her OCD prevents her from having sex for fear of skin contact and exchange of fluids, maybe she could wear a latex suit or something during sex?
Kinky as that sounds, I was thinking that her feminine wiles could possibly overpower her OCD for a moment of hot passion.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #48 on: 28 Jul 2009, 21:05 »

I wouldn't wish that on her. What would it be like for her when the madness of passion abated and the situation sank in?

Anyway she has some growing up to do before getting into that serious a relationship. She's legally and economically an adult, but emotionally still in adolescence.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jul 2009, 23:42 »

She seems to support herself just fine. Well, except she has a dream job doing something she loves to do, and has (literally) astronomically rich parents who seem willing to help her at the drop of a hat, so I don't know how much that counts for.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up