THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left for Dead 2  (Read 64394 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Left for Dead 2
« Reply #150 on: 27 Nov 2009, 23:32 »

No

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #151 on: 28 Nov 2009, 04:50 »

I guess that's going to preclude me from asking the same question for PC.

Bummer.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #152 on: 28 Nov 2009, 05:47 »

Not really, I was just being a dick because I have the PC version.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #153 on: 28 Nov 2009, 06:05 »

Oh... I see.

So, uh, is there any interest in getting a PC-centric L4D2 group going so I don't always have to be on shit teams in scavenge?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #154 on: 28 Nov 2009, 09:25 »

Yesssssssssss

Steam ID: ozymandias.x
Name: Ramses Luther Stubbs
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2009, 13:27 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #155 on: 28 Nov 2009, 10:27 »

Although I know for a fact I came off as a huge dick today. I was playing the Drak Carnival campaign with guys I met in a Lobby, I suggested we try the Gnome Chompski Achievement where you have to rescue a garden gnome you win at a game stall at the carnival. It took us three runs of ammo to get the alloted points to unlock it. After an hour and 50 minutes we finally made it to the finale with gnome still being held onto. After an epic stand off with hordes and two tanks the chopper comes, I'm down to my last health so I decide to just run and take the gnome as far as I can before I die. On the way to the chopper I find a med kit and heal while the others are holding their own behind me so this gives me time to dash ahead and get in to wait for them, only they get bombarded by a horde and I'm left in the helicopter holding a gnome and not wanting to let go because daminit I want this fucking Achievement.

Which I got.

They weren't happy that I didn't help them and kicked me after the credits.

TL;DR: Game is fucking choice. I would be totally down for a QCL4D2 Squad.

I see you, lifting off in the helicopter, looking down at your fellow soon-to-be-ex-survivors who have that look on their face, that look only someone about to die a horrific death can ever have. As the zombies overrun them, their mangled corpses soon to be a feast, a single tear rolls down your cheek. You turn your head and stare in the grateful eyes of the gnome in the passenger seat. You wipe away the tear, and pull the helicopter up into the sky, towards salvation. They don't understand, they could never understand my feelings for you...
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #156 on: 28 Nov 2009, 12:28 »

Oh... I see.

So, uh, is there any interest in getting a PC-centric L4D2 group going so I don't always have to be on shit teams in scavenge?
Yeah. name: thepopstalinist
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #157 on: 28 Nov 2009, 12:51 »

From what I've heard if the gnome gets to the helicopter, and you are still alive, then you will get the achievement.  You don't have to be the one holding it, you just have to make sure it gets there.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #158 on: 28 Nov 2009, 20:44 »

Just got the 360 version, I'll probably start playing it when I get home tomorrow afternoon. Do we have enough 360 players for a 4-man team?
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #159 on: 28 Nov 2009, 22:10 »

You might have enough players but I don't think anyone on the 360 version counts as a man.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #160 on: 29 Nov 2009, 10:11 »

I can do just fine.  Some play throughs I haven't been touched at all.  One thing I'm not good at is friendly fire.  If I see a zombie I shoot it, sometimes someone gets in the way at the last second or I just shoot right through them.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #161 on: 29 Nov 2009, 10:23 »

Hey, have you checked out Left 16 Dead?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #162 on: 29 Nov 2009, 13:53 »

That looks absolutely terrible and unplayable, but Yeah I'm on Xboxlive right this second, gamertag Wickedfall, someone play with me because I'm tired of shitty pick-up games.

PS; The xbox version also bee-tee-dubs has a little button you can press to pull a 180 really fast, great for those high tension battle sequences.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #163 on: 29 Nov 2009, 14:57 »

I'm pointlessly trying to insert needless machismo into my inherently nerdy hobby to make up for my personal shortcomings.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #164 on: 29 Nov 2009, 18:26 »

I would totally be in on this, if my 360 hadn't red-ringed on me.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #165 on: 01 Dec 2009, 13:25 »

Oh... I see.

Is there a QC Forums Steam group?

ackblom12

« Reply #166 on: 08 Dec 2009, 09:23 »

Early Christmas means I'm installing this on my 360 right now.

Edit - Also, keep in mind that if you become incapacitated and accidentally fire off one shot of your pistol, you cannot get the Confederate of Crunches. Fuck.
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2009, 11:02 by ackblom12 »

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #167 on: 11 Dec 2009, 11:10 »

I bought this for 360, I love it! So much fun yes yes yes!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ackblom12

« Reply #168 on: 14 Dec 2009, 12:19 »

First DLC pack

http://kotaku.com/5426167/first-left-4-dead-2-add+on-brings-back-bill-francis-zoey--louis

Valve has revealed the first downloadable addition to Left 4 Dead 2, a new episode named "The Passing." The campaign, set after the events of "Dead Center," features a meet up between Ellis, Coach, Rochelle, and Nick and Bill, Francis, Zoey and Louis.

"The Passing" offers more than just a friendly Survivor get-together, adding one new "uncommon common" infected type, new weapons—one melee, one firearm—and "a new co-operative challenge mode of play." The new campaign will naturally be playable in Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes in addition to that still unannounced newer mode.

The new episode is "set in a small town in rural Georgia," according to Valve's release, keeping players in the role of Left 4 Dead 2's cast "as they meet with the L4D1 characters." Could "The Passing" offer 4-plus-4 cooperative multiplayer action, or are we just aiming too high?

Left 4 Dead 2's "The Passing" is scheduled for release in "early spring" for the PC and Xbox 360. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Bringin back the old crew fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhh!
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2009, 12:38 by ackblom12 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #169 on: 14 Dec 2009, 21:25 »

Can't wait,  though the way they describe them it seems like it'll just be a cameo

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #170 on: 14 Dec 2009, 21:26 »

Left 8 dead would be awesome, though.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #171 on: 14 Dec 2009, 21:49 »

Can't wait,  though the way they describe them it seems like it'll just be a cameo
That, or the original guys are enemies now.

Somehow.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #172 on: 15 Dec 2009, 12:10 »

Sounds to me like it adds a new 8 player co-op mode to me is what it sounds like.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liwen D

• Not quite a lurker
  • A fellow human, that's all you need to know.
« Reply #173 on: 17 Dec 2009, 03:31 »

Although I know for a fact I came off as a huge dick today. I was playing the Drak Carnival campaign with guys I met in a Lobby, I suggested we try the Gnome Chompski Achievement where you have to rescue a garden gnome you win at a game stall at the carnival. It took us three runs of ammo to get the alloted points to unlock it. After an hour and 50 minutes we finally made it to the finale with gnome still being held onto. After an epic stand off with hordes and two tanks the chopper comes, I'm down to my last health so I decide to just run and take the gnome as far as I can before I die. On the way to the chopper I find a med kit and heal while the others are holding their own behind me so this gives me time to dash ahead and get in to wait for them, only they get bombarded by a horde and I'm left in the helicopter holding a gnome and not wanting to let go because daminit I want this fucking Achievement.

Which I got.

They weren't happy that I didn't help them and kicked me after the credits.

TL;DR: Game is fucking choice. I would be totally down for a QCL4D2 Squad.

I see you, lifting off in the helicopter, looking down at your fellow soon-to-be-ex-survivors who have that look on their face, that look only someone about to die a horrific death can ever have. As the zombies overrun them, their mangled corpses soon to be a feast, a single tear rolls down your cheek. You turn your head and stare in the grateful eyes of the gnome in the passenger seat. You wipe away the tear, and pull the helicopter up into the sky, towards salvation. They don't understand, they could never understand my feelings for you...

I love this game, but sometimes I get the feeling karma doesn't give a damn what I do in this game. When I happen to be the firstone to get to the chopper/boat/end of the bridge etc I'm like : okay I've just manage to get to relative safety, now I'm going to use my sniper to cover my teammates on their way here. *unloads clip, killing 45+ zombies* Hey guys I've cleared you a highway to heaven, come on guys, we can do this!"

Then the second after that, I get smoked, charged or spitted on, forcing me to abandon my place on the chopper. The 3 other guys get in soon after while the hordes finish me off. Before the other 3 realize what just happen, I'm down, defending my sorry ass with that lame pistol, an army of zombies quickly dropping my health to absolute death. Even when it's not hopeless, the others just stand there, waiting for me to die, ungrateful sons of *&^*^&$^
GO HANNERS, I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #174 on: 17 Dec 2009, 17:47 »

The game's called Left 4 Dead, they're just following the title

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #175 on: 17 Dec 2009, 20:50 »

They're obviously going for that Fuck Teamwork achievement.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #176 on: 28 Dec 2009, 07:12 »

My girlfriend got me this game for Christmas. I am interested in playing it.

Xbox 360 gamertag: BeardedGlyphic

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #177 on: 09 Jan 2010, 01:10 »

Left 4 Dead 2 3 4 the weekend

Ahh fuck I'm away that weekend and I need gold subscription ahhh fuck
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up