THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 20:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: August 24-28, 2009  (Read 55191 times)

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
WCT: August 24-28, 2009
« on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:12 »

So, Faye is being nice to Angus, and is willing to share where she hides the bodies with him. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCT: August 24-28, 2009
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:19 »

Oh.
Em.
Gee.

Faye is being nice to Angus. Faye is voluntarily going out of her way to check on the feelings of not one, but two fellow human beings.

I have only two things to say:

Who are you? And what have you done with the REAL Faye Whitaker?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:20 »

I laughed out loud at this one, then got the hiccups. Damn you jeph
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:24 »

Gah... Stone Quarrys are one of the most obvious dump sites ever!

While still rather obvious, i prefer beaches, because the crabs will destroy the evidence, or the body will wash out to sea and the salt and sharks will do it. Either way, so long as theres a decent gap between the killing and the body being found, any evidence left on the body itself will have long since been rendered unusable.

But thats just me. Anyone have any other prefences they would like to share?
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

vettechinohio

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:25 »

She's actually apologizing for not including him? My mind, she is blown! Now, the real question is, did she go over just to make sure Marigold got home ok, or for a chance to see him as well?

I've liked Angus from the start, and I'm not sure if it's his persistence or seeming genuine and honorable interest in Faye, but I'd love to see him become a member of the regular pack, even if he only remains a friend.

I eagerly await the future storyline!
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:40 »

Gah... Stone Quarrys are one of the most obvious dump sites ever!

While still rather obvious, i prefer beaches, because the crabs will destroy the evidence, or the body will wash out to sea and the salt and sharks will do it. Either way, so long as theres a decent gap between the killing and the body being found, any evidence left on the body itself will have long since been rendered unusable.

But thats just me. Anyone have any other prefences they would like to share?
Beaches are not that good. Either they can see what you did there with all the sand (and maybe they can even see your sole) or there are many people around all the time. I prefer the Mariana Trench combined with some weights. nobody goes down there and even if they do, they most probably won't see anything because they don't expect to.

On a completely unrelated note: I had a dream tonight of a QC comic where Jimbo, Dora and Marten were knitting an then Jimbo had a heart attack, but with his whole body.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:52 »

Pintsize prefers the garbage disposal.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Inert

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2009, 23:53 »

Off the boardwalk, late at night at high tide? I think that would be the best option. In many places the water reaches the boardwalk and this will take them out to sea with very little evidence. Not to mention how would they know you had the body? They might not even find the body, and if they do where it was dropped is hard to find, and by then the evidence is probably gone.

I also got the hiccups by the way. But it was because I chugged a glass of water.

OMG FAGUS. :O

Mojo

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2009, 00:15 »

...the next most popular character (Faye, which was kind of a surprise)

I was one of those that picked Faye.  Why?  Because she's the most multidimensional character.  There's a realism about her that is very appealing.

Marten comes close, but he's so generic sometimes.
Dora comes close too, but just doesn't have that edge that Faye has.
Hanners is almost entirely comic relief.  That is, she's OCD/whatever will make the joke work.  Yep, she gets the cuteness thing because she acts childlike, but she's remarkably one dimensional.

Raven was my honourable mention, just because she hasn't been seen in so long...

AngryCallCenterAgent

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • "I can't believe it! I'm doing a Shrek!"
    • I'm such a Twit.
« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2009, 01:34 »

Wood chipper's no good, huh? Not even hungry flesh-eating pigs? Or say applying hydrochloric acid to the face and then burning the body, followed afterwards by pulverizing the remains into a fine dust to be distributed across gods know what via a skyscraper and good trade winds?

Yep, everyone's going the water route, including the Gulf Stream...
"This is the Tech Support! Step away from the complex and delicate electronic equipment! NOW!"

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2009, 02:49 »

Dammit, there was a poll ? I missed it ! Darn.
Carpe Diem

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2009, 04:11 »

Small lakes or rivers off a logging road in N. Ontario or Quebec for part,  other lakes or swamps for the rest - you gotta make sure that the areas are not well travelled to (boardwalks, sheesh.  Next thing you know you'll be leaving the bullets in the body.... Young people today, always cutting corners.)
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #12 on: 24 Aug 2009, 05:16 »

Anyone have any other preferences they would like to share?

Fire. And lots of it.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2009, 05:56 »

Anyone have any other preferences they would like to share?

Fire. And lots of it.

I'd prefer to dump them in the middle of the atlantic...

today's comic kinda put faye in a new light.  The Past few comics we have seen her she has proven to be kind of a bitch but todays was oddly (and awesomly)  redeeming of her character as a person.  Go Faye.  The little sparing near the end reminds me of faye and marten before the talk.  :-D
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #14 on: 24 Aug 2009, 06:54 »

Yeah, Faye was pretty cool in this one. It's funny how Angus played off being bothered about not being invited.

On body disposal: What you need is a nice quiet spot in the desert to bury the body and a good size bag of quicklime. I also second swamps and bogs. Fire's tricky. You'd have to get some good heat going to make be sure there's no evidence. We're talking cremation type heat, which is above 1600 deg. F. You're average house fire burns at 1200, so you can't just light a place on fire and walk off. Got to put some effort in to it.

« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2009, 07:04 by maddness »
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2009, 07:25 »

Oh we give tips here now how to hide bodies ?  :-D :evil:
Carpe Diem

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2009, 07:56 »

Yeah, Faye was pretty cool in this one. It's funny how Angus played off being bothered about not being invited.

On body disposal: What you need is a nice quiet spot in the desert to bury the body and a good size bag of quicklime. I also second swamps and bogs. Fire's tricky. You'd have to get some good heat going to make be sure there's no evidence. We're talking cremation type heat, which is above 1600 deg. F. You're average house fire burns at 1200, so you can't just light a place on fire and walk off. Got to put some effort in to it.

Given how much mockage he got from Faye for showing emotional vulnerability, it was probably a smart move on his part to pretend like it didn't bother him.

It surprised Jeph that people like Faye despite her increasingly nasty behavior and I think maybe before he knew that, he felt free to have her get meaner because he didn't really think people liked her anyway. So I wonder if he wrote this little snippet of Faye being nice, in response to the poll information. She has been increasingly unlikable in my opinion lately and this sudden attack of conscience feels forced.

It's just a thought anyway.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:15 »

Fire's tricky. You'd have to get some good heat going to make be sure there's no evidence. We're talking cremation type heat, which is above 1600 deg. F. You're average house fire burns at 1200, so you can't just light a place on fire and walk off. Got to put some effort in to it.

Theodore Sturgeon covered this in "The Sex Opposite" (available in his collection of stories "E. Pluribus Unicorn"). Slice the body (actually, two bodies in the story) from neck to crotch, pack with powdered aluminium and powdered iron oxide, touch it off with a coil of magnesium wire.

"Made a great big messy thermite bomb out of them"

Edit:
2500 degrees C ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrCWLpRc1yM, or
4500 degrees F ! http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/11/1-000-Pounds-of-Thermite-605934.html
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2009, 10:47 by Binary »
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:17 »

Given how much mockage he got from Faye for showing emotional vulnerability, it was probably a smart move on his part to pretend like it didn't bother him.

It surprised Jeph that people like Faye despite her increasingly nasty behavior and I think maybe before he knew that, he felt free to have her get meaner because he didn't really think people liked her anyway. So I wonder if he wrote this little snippet of Faye being nice, in response to the poll information. She has been increasingly unlikable in my opinion lately and this sudden attack of conscience feels forced.

nope
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:25 »

I suspect jeph did it because he wanted to.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:26 »

On the subject of getting rid of bodies, you really need to check with the people who did in Jimmy Hoffa. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

H0b0K!n9

• Plantmonster
  • You WILL respect the fedora!
« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:36 »

I wonder if Faye learned her body hiding technique from and underground mob.......She seems to know quite a bit about the quarry.....
First you take my sanity, and now my hat? WHERE DOES IT END?!?!

TwistedRemedy

• Emoticontraindication
  • NOOOO
« Reply #22 on: 24 Aug 2009, 13:08 »

Yay, Faye. Yay, Angus. Yay. Woo.
:-D
Yay dead bodies

No more costumes though.
Take you to the stabbing cabin.

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #23 on: 24 Aug 2009, 13:58 »

Uh. If she knocked on my door at 3 fucking AM on a workday for something like that, I'd have to dispose of her body. By feeding it to the pigs.

Note to self: Get pigs.
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #24 on: 24 Aug 2009, 16:02 »

OK, I just have to say one thing:

If Faye and Angus HOOK up, I'm going to THROW up. Angus used to be some creepy stalker who constantly pestered Faye DESPITE her constant requests for him to bug the fuck off, and now all of a sudden he's part of the group? What the fuck?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

BigSol81

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #25 on: 24 Aug 2009, 16:35 »

Angus wasn't a 'stalker'. If that's your idea of a stalker, then I'm starting to understand why so many paranoid freaks request restraining orders. Angus liked swapping wit with Faye, and it was obvious she got some enjoyment out of it too since she never called the cops on him and Dora or one of her other friends didn't pull him aside and say "Hey, you really need to back off.". Also, it was obvious later on that she was at least physically attracted to him, and it was her own ISSUES that made her tell him to fuck off.

That being said, Angus isn't a womanizer like Sven, and even if Sven is learning that his womanizing is getting old, he still has a lot of bad habits. Angus seems like a far more stand-up sort of guy, and it would do Faye good to actually have a guy that isn't just interested in sex. I'm really tired of the whole "shippers" trendy catch-phrase buzzword bullshit people use now. "Oh, you're a Marty/Dora shipper! You're a Hanners/Marigold shipper! Blah-de-blah!"

Shut up. I have couples I'd like to see. Stop attaching some retarded label to it. I'm happy with Marten/Dora. I'd prefer Faye/Angus at this point only because he seems like a nice guy and Faye seems to like him to some extent. I'd also like to see Tai have a fling with one of the main characters, maybe Raven or something. Hanners needs a relationship too, or at least some experimentation, but Jeph would be hard-pressed to find something to overcome her issues...maybe shower sex in a clean-room or something, who knows?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #26 on: 24 Aug 2009, 16:38 »

Uh. If she knocked on my door at 3 fucking AM on a workday for something like that, I'd have to dispose of her body. By feeding it to the pigs.

Note to self: Get pigs.

I vouch this note to self. Pigs are useful when one does not have access to a very big oven. That is, if you want to get rid of assorted biological waste. There is little that pigs will not eat.

...the next most popular character (Faye, which was kind of a surprise)

I was one of those that picked Faye.  Why?  Because she's the most multidimensional character.  There's a realism about her that is very appealing.

Marten comes close, but he's so generic sometimes.
Dora comes close too, but just doesn't have that edge that Faye has.
Hanners is almost entirely comic relief.  That is, she's OCD/whatever will make the joke work.  Yep, she gets the cuteness thing because she acts childlike, but she's remarkably one dimensional.

Raven was my honourable mention, just because she hasn't been seen in so long...

Comic relief... in a comic?
« Last Edit: 24 Aug 2009, 16:44 by LTK »
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Blackcat Moebius

• Plantmonster
  • No mushrooms.
« Reply #27 on: 24 Aug 2009, 16:44 »

Body-disposal discussion aside, am I the only one getting deja vu?

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=945

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #28 on: 24 Aug 2009, 17:13 »

Angus wasn't a 'stalker'. If that's your idea of a stalker, then I'm starting to understand why so many paranoid freaks request restraining orders. Angus liked swapping wit with Faye, and it was obvious she got some enjoyment out of it too since she never called the cops on him and Dora or one of her other friends didn't pull him aside and say "Hey, you really need to back off.". Also, it was obvious later on that she was at least physically attracted to him, and it was her own ISSUES that made her tell him to fuck off.

OK, Sol81. Let's become best buddies! I'll hover around you, hassle you, and when you FUCKING FLING ME ACROSS A BAR, I'll just laugh and say it's your "issues".

Ha ha! We're bonding! :-D
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #29 on: 24 Aug 2009, 17:17 »

Personally Angus creeps me out sometimes, its not his actions he just...feels creepy. That's just me though and I'm biased because I like Sven.

Insofar as body disposal I think my favorite way has to be stripping the flesh off the bone and making a stew. Serve the stew at a local homeless shelter and everybody wins.

Yes, there are still bones left but you could always have them ground up to be sold at a voodoo shop (if you live in Louisiana) or you could disperse them (broken and/or altered) into the trash behind several meat markets. No one would even notice a human femur or a few stray finger fragments amongst the gore.
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2009, 17:38 »

Personally Angus creeps me out sometimes, its not his actions he just...feels creepy. That's just me though and I'm biased because I like Sven.

Insofar as body disposal I think my favorite way has to be stripping the flesh off the bone and making a stew. Serve the stew at a local homeless shelter and everybody wins.

Yes, there are still bones left but you could always have them ground up to be sold at a voodoo shop (if you live in Louisiana) or you could disperse them (broken and/or altered) into the trash behind several meat markets. No one would even notice a human femur or a few stray finger fragments amongst the gore.

Why waste a perfectly good skeleton? You need to be more creative! You can use steel wire to connect the bones together, screw in a hook at the top of the skull and hang it in your closet. When you show them your skeleton in the closet, everyone will laugh and no one will suspect it's real! Or if you really don't like skeletons, donate it to a high school somewhere, they'll happily put it up for display in the biology class.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #31 on: 24 Aug 2009, 17:47 »

^ Good point. I like the closet prop idea, plus I could always take it out for Halloween.

...but what if you have multiple bodies???
You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #32 on: 24 Aug 2009, 17:53 »

Body-disposal discussion aside, am I the only one getting deja vu?

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=945

just as long as it doesnt end like this...
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=987
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Mojo

« Reply #33 on: 24 Aug 2009, 19:05 »

Comic relief... in a comic?

Heh, yeah, I just mean Hanners' personality changes in order to get a laugh, which isn't terribly realistic.  As a result I find it hard to relate and to her character.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #34 on: 24 Aug 2009, 21:28 »

...but what if you have multiple bodies???

Arrange them into "live" versions of those old victorian etchings that had everyday scenes enacted by skeletons*. Call yourself an Artist.

*(My Google-Fu fails me, but you know what I mean.)
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #35 on: 24 Aug 2009, 21:29 »

The Nevada Desert - After all, it worked for the Mafia   :D

I'm kinda sorta like rooting for these two
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

zoose.alors

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #36 on: 24 Aug 2009, 22:02 »

lol, ditchforks.

MiraiGen

« Reply #37 on: 24 Aug 2009, 23:13 »

I'm having fun editing comics with different dialog.

ecstaticjoy

• I like math
« Reply #38 on: 24 Aug 2009, 23:40 »

lol...yay, great comic!

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #39 on: 24 Aug 2009, 23:44 »

Slap-happy Hanners!

OMG she reminds me so much of me in this strip.
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Shok Xone Studios

• Wasn't he also "Vigo the Butch"?
    • ShokXoneStudios.com
« Reply #40 on: 24 Aug 2009, 23:50 »

God I hope my sleep habits never get that fucked up. As it is, I'm up till 2AM designing whatever since I know I don't have anywhere to be in the morning.
SHOK XONE STUDIOS.com
Art is love. Love is destructive. That's what I told the police when I blew up the museum.

oh look I has arts for sale

danman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #41 on: 25 Aug 2009, 01:03 »

It surprised Jeph that people like Faye despite her increasingly nasty behavior and I think maybe before he knew that, he felt free to have her get meaner because he didn't really think people liked her anyway.

Actually to me this does not seem out of the way or special. Faye is nasty, but is not a sociopath - Marigold was drunk first time and going home alone, so it was rather a good idea to check - either to get nothing, a funny story one can tease her about, or prevent a possible disaster (her not arriving home). It was also in previous comics, (VespAvenger) that she goes out of way to help her friends when it is REALLY necessary.

As far as with not assaulting Angus, it is partly because he behaved intelligently and followed a joke with his own comments, and partly since at 3AM every larger physical activity (even beating an annoying person) seems too tiring.
"The pyramid is opening!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
                -- Firesign Theater, "How Can You Be In Two Places At
                   Once When You're Not Anywhere At All"

Spikam

« Reply #42 on: 25 Aug 2009, 01:40 »

Just read todays comic 40 hours with no sleep very hard to do but funny comic i liked it i know the feeling being a insomniac my self which is why i am posting at 3 in the morning but anyone else like the fact that she looked on the bottom for instrustion?

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #43 on: 25 Aug 2009, 01:47 »

BAH! Only 40 hours!?

I wont be impressed untill she beats my record of 64 (aprox) hours straight.
I had just gotten a new game for my computer (Medievel 2 i think) on the friday. I got up at 8am on the Saturday, and stayed up constantly untill around 1/2am Tuesday morning, at which point i went to bed and didn't wake up till Wednesday.
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #44 on: 25 Aug 2009, 02:14 »

Medieval 2 is a great game, worthy of those ~64 hours. Perhaps.

On topic, today's comic was funny  :lol:
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #45 on: 25 Aug 2009, 06:36 »

nope

Well I guess that's why they are called thoughts and not proclamations of absolute truthiness.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Random832

« Reply #46 on: 25 Aug 2009, 07:02 »

Well I guess that's why they are called thoughts and not proclamations of absolute truthiness.

Maybe yours aren't proclamations of absolute truthiness...

greekstreek

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #47 on: 25 Aug 2009, 09:41 »

That being said, Angus isn't a womanizer like Sven, and even if Sven is learning that his womanizing is getting old, he still has a lot of bad habits. Angus seems like a far more stand-up sort of guy, and it would do Faye good to actually have a guy that isn't just interested in sex. I'm really tired of the whole "shippers" trendy catch-phrase buzzword bullshit people use now. "Oh, you're a Marty/Dora shipper! You're a Hanners/Marigold shipper! Blah-de-blah!"

Totally agree regarding Angus/Faye. I can't help but think that anyone who "loves Sven" and "hates Angus" is probably too immature to know better.

If you recall, Angus did NOT continue bothering Faye after she "threw him across a bar". In fact, he disappeared for a couple weeks because he got a girlfriend. That's very un-stalkerish behavior.

Stalking also implies obsession. I don't understand how Angus's cavalier attitude could be mistaken for obsessing over Faye. Furthermore, Angus has proven himself to be a pretty chill dude, hanging out and getting along with Faye's gang without completely focusing on just her. These sorts of things are not stalking and they are not "smarmy" - they happen every day and are called "making friends". The fact that she never called the cops on him, and that she now seems to LIKE him, implies that he DID read the situation right, in that she was marginally attracted to him and just being standoffish all along.

I could understand being paranoid and saying Angus is a stalker much better if the same people didn't invariably LOVE SVEN. Sven is an asshole, hands down, who over the course of just this comic strip has been responsible for more pain and suffering than I suspect Angus has EVER caused in his life.

How do these people find themselves more sympathetic to a womanizer with no principles (evidenced by his sell-out country music writing), rather than a laid-back activist who doesn't look like he could hurt a fly? I really don't get it. Do people like him ironically or something?

danman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #48 on: 25 Aug 2009, 11:02 »

[ Do people like him ironically or something?

LOL

Another problem with classifying him as a stalker is that obsession alone is not enough. Stalkers in general are also aggresive, (that is why restr; orders are useful) sending anonymous letters to the victim, visiting the home when she is not present, or attempting rape. while Angus does none of that.

Sven is simply a disgusting and parasitic man.
"The pyramid is opening!"
"Which one?"
"The one with the ever-widening hole in it!"
                -- Firesign Theater, "How Can You Be In Two Places At
                   Once When You're Not Anywhere At All"

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #49 on: 25 Aug 2009, 12:24 »

If you recall, Angus did NOT continue bothering Faye after she "threw him across a bar". In fact, he disappeared for a couple weeks because he got a girlfriend. That's very un-stalkerish behavior.

Actually, he disappeared for a bit after the tossing, but he returned eventually, he just didn't ask her out again. His recent disappearance came at one of those time jumps, so in comic time, he was gone for a a few months.

The thing is, Faye admitted to her psych that she was attracted to both Angus and Sven. She treated Sven like crap too before she started sleeping with him. Sven was coming around as much, if not more than Angus did, right before they started hooking up. The only reason people weren't calling him pathetic and a stalker was that he hadn't asked Faye out before he started hanging out with her and he was giving Faye as much of a hard time as she was giving him. If Sven had straight out asked Faye to go out with him the way that Angus did, he would have been shot down and then they'd never have hooked up because she would have been wary of him and on her guard like she is now with Angus. Sven got to her because she wasn't worried about him being interested in her and so let him get closer than she would have otherwise.

I could understand being paranoid and saying Angus is a stalker much better if the same people didn't invariably LOVE SVEN. Sven is an asshole, hands down, who over the course of just this comic strip has been responsible for more pain and suffering than I suspect Angus has EVER caused in his life.

How do these people find themselves more sympathetic to a womanizer with no principles (evidenced by his sell-out country music writing), rather than a laid-back activist who doesn't look like he could hurt a fly? I really don't get it. Do people like him ironically or something?

I like Sven as a character because he's fun and funny. He's the charming rogue. If he were a real person, and did to someone I'm close to what he did to Faye, I'd probably threaten to end him and punch him in the junk. I figure that Sven and Faye will eventually end back up together, so I don't think it would be good for Angus to get involved with her. I like Angus though and much prefer him over Sven.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2009, 12:26 by maddness »
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up