THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: August 31-September 4, 2009  (Read 64299 times)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: WCT: August 31-September 4, 2009
« Reply #50 on: 31 Aug 2009, 16:29 »

Looking at Faye's eyes in the very last panel, I kind of expect her to leap at him and hug him.  

The last panel is indeed masterful.  You only see the eyes, yet they say so much.  There's definitely a softening going on.  She's considering something, but I don't think it's going to be physical contact - not yet.  He was too big an asshole, and though he's owning up to it, she's not going to let him completely off the hook that easily!  

I expect things will move forward for them, and it's gong to be complicated - and at times hysterical (in every sense of the word).  

Calling Dr. Corinne!  
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2009, 10:41 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #51 on: 31 Aug 2009, 17:40 »

By the way, am I the only one who likes Sven more than Angus?
Angus is just.... annoying.

Angus is more human now, but he still remains someone who wanted to set up some kind of verbal sadomasochistic relationship with a barista.  The ickiness of his behaviour at his introduction is a mountain that it will take more than a couple of goats to overcome.  Faye hooking up with him just feels like the icky guy managing to get the girl on the rebound.

As for giving Sven another chance - I would hope that Faye didn't have another casual relationship with Sven.  Unless he commits to something which is actually a relationship, instead of something she specifically stated was sex and only sex, then I don't want either of them to go there.  Although they're positive as friends, it's self-destructive of Faye to go back into a relationship like that with Sven.

But I like that Faye seems to make Sven want more than that.

slinkyindieninja

• Plantmonster
« Reply #52 on: 31 Aug 2009, 17:47 »

Am I the only one who's like nice one Faye, get him to go out back so you can murder him and then leave the body?

oh.

Of course I want them to be friends really, Sven is just so pretty I can't help it.

Kazukagii

• Furry furrier
  • I seem to be lost
« Reply #53 on: 31 Aug 2009, 18:27 »

Hmm, this is getting interesting.

Angus seems to be chillin back into the "Just Friends" zone (Though we have no idea if he'll suddenly make a move), and either doesn't mind much or is good at hiding his true intentions. Now we have Sven, who is trying to start the relationship over from scratch, as friends.

The ultimate irony would be if both Sven and Angus stop being romantically interested in Faye. Though I doubt it. Sven, while trying to make amends, I'm going to guess is still interested in Faye, he wouldn't be doing this unless he felt some connection to her. Angus seems a little more chill, but who knows.

...Now my brain hurts. I think too much about these things.

Awesome comic Jeph, worth the weekend wait.
I had something witty to put down here but.....

fortytwotwelve

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #54 on: 31 Aug 2009, 18:58 »

Is it just me, or is the last panel very reminiscent of Anders Loves Maria? Wonder if it's an influence on Jeph.

I've also been waiting for this strip. You just knew there was no way Sven was going to let Faye out of his life completely, judging by how depressed he's been since they split up. I gotta be honest and say that I like him and Angus about equally at this point. Angus started out annoying but he's kind of redeemed himself, and I've always liked Sven. Even when he's a jerk, at least he's a compelling character. I want to read more about him. Actually, I wouldn't mind reading more about Angus, either. Hmm.

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #55 on: 31 Aug 2009, 20:07 »

The ultimate irony would be if both Sven and Angus stop being romantically interested in Faye.

The ultimate irony would be Faye being torn between Sven and Angus and then Sven and Angus hooking up.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #56 on: 31 Aug 2009, 20:55 »

Really, you had to go there?

Sure everyone here was thinking it, but did it really need to be said out loud?
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Alus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #57 on: 31 Aug 2009, 21:14 »

faye's face in panel 3: WIN!

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #58 on: 31 Aug 2009, 21:16 »

Somebody would have 'gone there' sooner or latter, it was inevitable really. Now that is been said we can move on without having to worry about it.

On the last panel... I know that look all to well, for the sake of suspense i will not divulge its meaning (from my experience) here...
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

Hawke

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #59 on: 31 Aug 2009, 21:37 »

Since I too made an account just to say "Awesome comic"....

I will say this, sounding off on everything I've just been skimming over.

I like Sven much more than Angus (I find Angus stalker-creepy, and he deserves Marigold in my opinion. And I don't care if that's harsh.)
I think Faye and Sven *should* get back together. They were quite good for each other in many ways. The way I saw it, the crash-and-burn over Gina-Loose-Pants had to do with Faye's refusal to admit to herself and to Sven that she was growing more emotionally involved with him than "just sex;" also neither of them got really truly specific about NOT sleeping with other people. Sven appears to have somewhat assumed that there was no exclusivity clause in there, and Faye (obviously) seemed to feel just the opposite. Sven knew, at the time of the Gina..."encounter" shall we call it, that he 'was screwed' in more ways than one. He was thinking about Faye *during* his sex with Gina, he knew that Faye was likely to feel hurt over it, and honestly he showed a lot of spine by being completely up front and honest with Faye about the matter. Sven's pattern in the past (as I understood it) was to lie to his girls a lot because he wanted to keep the sex good and/or not hurt their various feelings. This time he's making the effort to be honest, and trying to own up. Faye reacted predictably.

Now, he did indeed act like a prick at the beer sledding thing. That I'll totally agree with. But as others have observed it seems to indicate that he feels jealousy when regarding the idea of Faye-with-another-man. In other cases he was *relieved* when some girl he had hurt found someone else. And as we see here he clearly has more feelings for Faye than just "hey let's screw" which is to his good credit. We already know, somewhat, that Faye has stronger feelings for Sven. I don't think those have gone away just because of Angus or because of time passing.

I think Faye's expression at the end of the strip indicates that she is thinking over how she feels now, and that she knows she's still got a sizeable soft spot for Sven.

I also think that she would not have been quite so pissed off in panel 3 if she weren't secretly afraid that Sven is just saying whatever needs to be said, to get back in her pants...but his next words do help allay that fear, I think.

If I were Faye I'd be straight with the man, no manipulation but also taking no bull. If they want to be friends even, it has to be with boundaries clearly marked and letting Sven know what is and is not OK with Faye : and making sure Sven tells Faye what he feels he can live with and maybe even letting her know how much commitment he is willing to make.

Oh, my stars...compromise in a relationship? Even a "just friends" relationship?! Dare I say such a thing??  :P

I can't wait to see how this plays out, and I very very much look forward to it!

badbum61

• I'm going to eight, baby!
« Reply #60 on: 31 Aug 2009, 21:58 »

*hits the stopwatch* And the WHAT face in Panel 3 will become someone's avatar right.....abooooooouuuuuuut............

NOW!

yep, I went there.
What the hell are YOU staring at?

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #61 on: 31 Aug 2009, 22:25 »

I like Sven much more than Angus (I find Angus stalker-creepy, and he deserves Marigold in my opinion. And I don't care if that's harsh.)

Angus and Marigold aren't the least bit interested in each other and what has Marigold done to deserve someone you find "stalker-creepy"? She seems like a very nice person from what I've seen. Is it because she's socially awkward and geeky?

I think Faye and Sven *should* get back together. They were quite good for each other in many ways.

I think, if they were to get back together, they would have to do a whole lot more growing. They were good for each other before they started sleeping together. Once they started sleeping together not only did the relationship stagnate, but they kept hurting each other in subtle ways.

The way I saw it, the crash-and-burn over Gina-Loose-Pants had to do with Faye's refusal to admit to herself and to Sven that she was growing more emotionally involved with him than "just sex;" also neither of them got really truly specific about NOT sleeping with other people. Sven appears to have somewhat assumed that there was no exclusivity clause in there, and Faye (obviously) seemed to feel just the opposite.

I figure that if someone tells you that if you sleep with someone else, the "relationship" is over, they've pretty clearly stated their position on the matter. For the record, I think Sven slept with Gina, in part, to cause the blow up with Faye. He isn't used top being in relationships, he doesn't stay with anyone for too long, he resented Faye treating him like a fuck buddy when he thought there might be more, and he may have been feeling he was getting too attached. I'm not saying it was done consciously, but I'm saying that all this stuff was probably percolating back there.

Sven knew, at the time of the Gina..."encounter" shall we call it, that he 'was screwed' in more ways than one. He was thinking about Faye *during* his sex with Gina, he knew that Faye was likely to feel hurt over it, and honestly he showed a lot of spine by being completely up front and honest with Faye about the matter. Sven's pattern in the past (as I understood it) was to lie to his girls a lot because he wanted to keep the sex good and/or not hurt their various feelings. This time he's making the effort to be honest, and trying to own up. Faye reacted predictably.

Firstly, I'd like to address this Sven being honest business. He came clean because his intern threatened to tell Faye herself is he didn't. I give him points for not letting her find out from his intern, but that's it. The fact that he was thinking about the fact that he was screwing up while he was doing makes it worse, not better. It's not like Gina held him down and forced herself on him. If he was clearheaded enough to think this was the wrong thing to do, then he was clear headed enough to not actually do it. This leads to my previous point about him subconsciously wanting to wreck things with Faye. And, really, I think any woman in Faye's position would have reacted the way she did, if not more violently.

I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #62 on: 31 Aug 2009, 22:59 »

We male types are not always good at being clear-headed in sexual situations. Sven looked to me like he was in the classic unaware rationalization mode of "oh, I'lll just go this far and stop, that won't hurt anything".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Watched Pot

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #63 on: 31 Aug 2009, 23:14 »

He was thinking about Faye *during* his sex with Gina, he knew that Faye was likely to feel hurt over it, and honestly he showed a lot of spine by being completely up front and honest with Faye about the matter.

I'm going to disagree on the spine thing. First of all, he originally said he wasn't going to tell her, then tried to weasel his way out of it before finally giving in under the threat of someone else telling her if he failed to do so quickly. (Starts at comic 1338). Second, and I would say more importantly, while I understand that the prospect of telling a girl you cheated on her (I KNOW their "arrangement" wasn't formalized, that's just a fairly concise way to describe what happened) can be scary (especially if she's as 'volatile' as Faye), I wouldn't call it bravery of any kind. It's just fulfilling an obligation you brought upon yourself. Had Sven "showed a lot of spine", he would have told Gina he was flattered but unavailable. As difficult as it can be to own up to a mistake, having the courage to do the right thing in the first place (and Sven clearly knew what the right thing would have been) is much harder. Forgive me if I won't praise a sleaze for skulking around behind the back of someone who trusted him with something important, then trying to weasel out of the consequences before finally giving in under a threat. Maybe he has changed now, but this strip (1481) is the first time he's ever shown anything like spine.
Don't you do cocaine at ME, you son of a bitch!

Scarblac

• Plantmonster
« Reply #64 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:10 »

He's making it a several day cliffhanger after all! We still don't know what happened!

badbum61

« Reply #65 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:10 »

So what happened to the punchline from yesterday's strip, Jeph? Hmmm? Where's the payoff? Huh?

Honestly, you can't keep treating us like this and expect us to hang around....

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #66 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:10 »

MURDERFUCK!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #67 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:17 »

Is it just me, or does Faye look larger in panel 4 than she's ever been?

cerement

• Plantmonster
    • cerement @ friendfeed
« Reply #68 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:37 »

Why do I keep thinking "pissed off Velma"?

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #69 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:48 »

I am going to muderfuck (minus the fucking) the next person who says "I just registered to say blah blah blah". We have an introduction forum for a reason, you know.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #70 on: 01 Sep 2009, 00:51 »

No Dora, she let him leave - She's planning to contact Vespa Avenger on the sly to deal with him.    :evil:

Either that or she's hiding the fact that she called the Allosaurus.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #71 on: 01 Sep 2009, 01:15 »

So what happened to the punchline from yesterday's strip, Jeph? Hmmm? Where's the payoff? Huh?

I think today's strip was _all_ punchlines to close yesterday's script.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #72 on: 01 Sep 2009, 02:38 »

you might as well leave then

i have other plans than what you want to happen
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

firewhiskeybomb

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #73 on: 01 Sep 2009, 03:17 »

Gosh, today's strip just reminded me of how much I dislike Dora. Sorry Jeph, I know she's one of your favorites, but I find her kind of irritating. I do adore Faye- and second everyone's ogling of her face from yesterday.

I'm going to disagree on the spine thing. First of all, he originally said he wasn't going to tell her, then tried to weasel his way out of it before finally giving in under the threat of someone else telling her if he failed to do so quickly. (Starts at comic 1338). Second, and I would say more importantly, while I understand that the prospect of telling a girl you cheated on her (I KNOW their "arrangement" wasn't formalized, that's just a fairly concise way to describe what happened) can be scary (especially if she's as 'volatile' as Faye), I wouldn't call it bravery of any kind. It's just fulfilling an obligation you brought upon yourself. Had Sven "showed a lot of spine", he would have told Gina he was flattered but unavailable. As difficult as it can be to own up to a mistake, having the courage to do the right thing in the first place (and Sven clearly knew what the right thing would have been) is much harder. Forgive me if I won't praise a sleaze for skulking around behind the back of someone who trusted him with something important, then trying to weasel out of the consequences before finally giving in under a threat. Maybe he has changed now, but this strip (1481) is the first time he's ever shown anything like spine.

I've got to agree here- especially when she made it pretty damn clear that she expected monogamy even in this casual a "relationship," he's a douche once for cheating on her (especially knowing that part of why she's not doing a relationship right now is because she's kind of damaged) and a douche again for having to be bullied into telling her. That doesn't mean I don't like him- it just means I think he's a douche. He was pretty shitty to her when they were "together" and so I think Faye should have sense enough not to do anything romantic with him again.

That said... I do think he made a fantastic friend. He was definitely more supportive and better at listening to her than Dora, and since Dora and Martin have coupled up, it seems like being close with Martin is not happening. I'd like to see them hanging out more often, just to see her make fun of him and be awesome and him look stupid. I think it does both of them well.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #74 on: 01 Sep 2009, 03:38 »

Gosh, today's strip just reminded me of how much I dislike Dora.
Stop hating on Dora! But that cap she's wearing is ugly...
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Nightson

« Reply #75 on: 01 Sep 2009, 03:39 »

Sven did not cheat on Faye, he told her point blank that he might sleep with other people.  He set the parameters of the relationship at that, he is not cheating if he does what he says he was going to do.  If Faye could not handle that then she should have broken up with him when he said he was willing to sleep with other girls.

Sure he was a dick about it, and he was a dick about actually sleeping with Gina, but both Faye and Sven were pretty mean in that relationship.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #76 on: 01 Sep 2009, 03:53 »

isn't that the same cap Penelope wore earlier?

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #77 on: 01 Sep 2009, 04:28 »

I don't think its the same cap, but perhaps a similar one.  As an example, I have seen people with identical hats before outside of regimented occupations and sports teams - the dirt and sweat stains weren't the same, but the theory is sound.

And I must say I'm disappointed in Dora - there are so many other really horrible scenarios that she could have run through before she stopped.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Hawke

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #78 on: 01 Sep 2009, 07:12 »

For those who so wonderfully replied to my way-too-long post, thanks! I'll try to keep my thoughts under control from now on *blushing*
For those who were like "Oh my god words words words!" I apologize for getting carried away :)

I suppose I'm too much a fan of cheesy romance novels to not entertain and cherish a small fantasy of Faye and Sven finding some sort of happiness together. Sure Sven is a douche several times over for how he treated Faye. But, if I were the kind of woman who held a *grudge* about a man in my life screwing up...heck, I'd be a nun! People are people, and I totally agree that Sven acted in an immature manner. I don't count his "weaseling" about the truth against him, because damn straight he was scared. Actions count for more than reservations, and in the end he DID tell Faye. I think we just got to see how much he really didn't want to lose her. I also got the impression that in the past, he WOULD have just "forgotten" about the matter, or lied. So it's a step in the right direction.

Hushing up now  :P

innermoppet

• Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #79 on: 01 Sep 2009, 07:38 »

Sven did not cheat on Faye, he told her point blank that he might sleep with other people.  He set the parameters of the relationship at that, he is not cheating if he does what he says he was going to do.  If Faye could not handle that then she should have broken up with him when he said he was willing to sleep with other girls.

Sure he was a dick about it, and he was a dick about actually sleeping with Gina, but both Faye and Sven were pretty mean in that relationship.

I don't know if cheating is the right word but I'd say he betrayed her trust. He knew Faye would be hurt. He did it anyway. No they were not in a committed relationship, BUT Faye made it clear that whatever they had would end if he slept with someone else. If he felt that he was in the right, why not just tell her and let her leave? Instead his first reaction was to simply not tell Faye about sleeping with someone else and continue his non-relationship with her. He knew he was in the wrong or he wouldn't have worried about it. He only told her because he was threatened by his intern (who I love and miss).

Also I'd like to point to this quote from Sven when talking to Faye about sleeping with other guys girlfriends, because it made me snort to reread it:

Better a guy who know's he's an asshole than some poor schmuck who doesn't know any better and'll feel horrible afterwards.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1319

Bwhahahahah. Welcome to schmuck-hood, ya schmuck!

Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #80 on: 01 Sep 2009, 10:03 »

Murderfuck is my new favorite word.  That is just all kinds of fucking awesome.

:lol:
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #81 on: 01 Sep 2009, 13:00 »

The way I saw it, the crash-and-burn over Gina-Loose-Pants had to do with Faye's refusal to admit to herself and to Sven that she was growing more emotionally involved with him than "just sex;" also neither of them got really truly specific about NOT sleeping with other people. Sven appears to have somewhat assumed that there was no exclusivity clause in there, and Faye (obviously) seemed to feel just the opposite.

Reading comprehension - get you some. Faye told him straight out that if he slept around on her, the relationship was over.

Sven knew, at the time of the Gina..."encounter" shall we call it, that he 'was screwed' in more ways than one. He was thinking about Faye *during* his sex with Gina, he knew that Faye was likely to feel hurt over it, and honestly he showed a lot of spine by being completely up front and honest with Faye about the matter. Sven's pattern in the past (as I understood it) was to lie to his girls a lot because he wanted to keep the sex good and/or not hurt their various feelings. This time he's making the effort to be honest, and trying to own up. Faye reacted predictably.

Faye told him a condition of the relationship, he violated this condition, she ended the relationship. Faye reacted _well_. Your misogyny aside, Faye acted quite honorably in that situation.

if I were Faye I'd be straight with the man, no manipulation but also taking no bull. If they want to be friends even, it has to be with boundaries clearly marked and letting Sven know what is and is not OK with Faye : and making sure Sven tells Faye what he feels he can live with and maybe even letting her know how much commitment he is willing to make.

She's already done so once, and Sven skipped right on over the boundary.

I can't wait to see how this plays out, and I very very much look forward to it!

That I can agree with wholeheartedly. The rest of your post, not so much.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

cgarci21

• Shagtastic
« Reply #82 on: 01 Sep 2009, 13:55 »

I don't think its the same cap, but perhaps a similar one.  As an example, I have seen people with identical hats before outside of regimented occupations and sports teams - the dirt and sweat stains weren't the same, but the theory is sound.

This is true, but I would love for this hat to be made a part of the official Coffee Of Doom uniform*.

*Uniform consists of: Band T-shirt, Jeans and or Skirt of an indie nature, comfortable shoes and Dora cap. Snark optional.

You know how animals can sense a tsunami coming before humans notice? I'm like that, only for sexy things. -Dora Bianchi

dingosatemybaby

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.dingosatemybaby.com
« Reply #83 on: 01 Sep 2009, 14:12 »

I just registered to say....  oh wait, no I didn't.  Just messing.

I wish I could get away with wearing a CSI: Murderfuck t-shirt.  That's my favorite QC phrase since "Malaysian Battle Spatula."

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #84 on: 01 Sep 2009, 17:24 »

What would be the difference between CSI: Murderfuck and Law and Order: SVU?

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #85 on: 01 Sep 2009, 18:03 »

The difference in the awesomeness of the names.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

helloandgoodbye

• I have a cloaca too. ;)
« Reply #86 on: 01 Sep 2009, 18:13 »

Jeez, it seems like everyone hates Angus, and he's one of my favorites.  :/

Time for the LURVE TRIANGLE!!!!11111  Amirite?

badbum61

« Reply #87 on: 01 Sep 2009, 18:35 »

damn, I forgot the 'sarcasm' emoticon....which one is it again?
That was supposed to be a not-so-oblique reference to the Faye/Sven situation...

you might as well leave then
i have other plans than what you want to happen

wait a minute......is Sven based on YOU???

:-D
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2009, 18:44 by badbum61 »

St.Clair

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • not actually a saint
« Reply #88 on: 01 Sep 2009, 19:34 »

And then the squirrel goes and pees in the case.

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #89 on: 01 Sep 2009, 19:57 »

Momo is totally more entertaining than Pintsize.  :-D
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #90 on: 01 Sep 2009, 20:10 »

Poor Momo, she was just trying to do what Marigold wanted her to do.

I think it is really awesome that out of all the QC characters Marigold is easily the geekiest as far as technology goes. I am glad it is not a guy.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #91 on: 01 Sep 2009, 20:45 »

I suppose Momo can be grateful that Marigold wanted a Squirrel Drive and not a Raccoon one.    :D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #92 on: 01 Sep 2009, 21:10 »

Dora is pretty high on the technical savvy scale herself, and was even able to perform surgery on Pintsize. The one thing we've seen 'Gold do that Dora couldn't was repair Pintsize.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #93 on: 01 Sep 2009, 21:54 »

We can add to the Sony AnthroPC attributes: Supersonic speed. I mean, Momo found and caught the squirrel before Marigold could say "I was joking!"
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #94 on: 01 Sep 2009, 23:10 »

I suppose Momo can be grateful that Marigold wanted a Squirrel Drive and not a Raccoon one.    :D
No. Y'see a raccoon just won't fit inside the wheel of a tower PC, even if you grease it. Back in the day, I think my American colleagues used to power VAX minicomputers with raccoons (we used wombats). Even putting a squirrel in a PC is definitely over-clocking, and will cause overheating. A rat or hamster is more usual, unless you're talking about a laptop with one of those proprietary pygmy shrews.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #95 on: 02 Sep 2009, 00:04 »

For a man who (likely?) doesn't typically draw squirrels, he sure does do so well.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #96 on: 02 Sep 2009, 00:06 »

No. Y'see a raccoon just won't fit inside the wheel of a tower PC, even if you grease it. Back in the day, I think my American colleagues used to power VAX minicomputers with raccoons (we used wombats). Even putting a squirrel in a PC is definitely over-clocking, and will cause overheating. A rat or hamster is more usual, unless you're talking about a laptop with one of those proprietary pygmy shrews.

I imagine something like a ferret would be most efficient... definitely better than a wombat. I shudder to think of the size of a tower built to accommodate a wombat.

cerement

• Plantmonster
    • cerement @ friendfeed
« Reply #97 on: 02 Sep 2009, 00:29 »

I imagine something like a ferret would be most efficient... definitely better than a wombat. I shudder to think of the size of a tower built to accommodate a wombat.

Computers equipped with ferret drives run into problems when the ferrets start collecting and hiding shiny things ...

Eternal_Newbie

« Reply #98 on: 02 Sep 2009, 01:39 »

I suppose Momo can be grateful that Marigold wanted a Squirrel Drive and not a Raccoon one.    :D

Vaxen weren't exactly small by todays standards, but compared to the mainframes of the day, they were tiny and could fit in the corner of an office.

A standard Vax with periperals. Whoo, tape drives AND removable Winchester Hard Disks! LUXURY!

A MicroVax - with built-in Winchester Hard Disk Array! Ok, I lie , it's a peripheral. The hard disk drive is on the right and its probably 20 Megabytes maximum. 

Anyway, plenty of room for squirrels, badgers, beavers , woodchucks, ferrets, raccoons and wombats in there.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2009, 01:55 by Eternal_Newbie »
"Microsoft Kills Santa Claus" - The Register

starlikeshine

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #99 on: 02 Sep 2009, 02:44 »

I definitely laughed out loud at this comic. And the squirrel is cute.

*adjusts monocle*

WELL DONE SIR, WELL DONE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up