THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 12:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: September 14-18, 2009  (Read 73911 times)

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
Re: WCT: September 14-18, 2009
« Reply #250 on: 18 Sep 2009, 17:24 »

Well I think they have to now! You couldn't leave it alone, you just had to go there, didn't you?

well of course.
At least these combos haven't showed up to the party:
MariHanTai
(Marigold/Hannelore/Tai)
HanMarMar
(Hanners/marigold/Martin)
FangusgoldHan
(faye/angus/marilgold/ahnners)

hanmarfandorgusventairavamirwilpen?

*mmmfp*!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Help bring back the dragons!

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #251 on: 18 Sep 2009, 19:45 »

Ahh yes, the obligitory entire cast orgy... Were waiting Jeph  :evil:

(actually no, that would be kinda bad, DONT DO IT!)
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

plethora

• Larger than most fish
  • fluff fluff fluff
« Reply #252 on: 18 Sep 2009, 20:03 »

hanmarfandorgusventairavamirwilpen?

Screw the whole cast orgy, I just love the word "marfandorgus" :D

Drithaan

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #253 on: 18 Sep 2009, 20:43 »

Wouldn't THAT be a mess Sven -> Faye <- Angus <- Marigold

Wow. That's quite the pileup there.

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #254 on: 18 Sep 2009, 22:26 »

"Acknowledged as a possibility" is not the same as "assumed". Nobody assumed they definitely were gay. Which is why I have a problem with you - because _you_ have a problem with people acknowledging something that's not the most likely thing as simply being _possible_

Saying nobody assumed they were gay is false. If you want to say very few people assumed they were gay, then you'd be saying I had a legitimate issue with very few people which is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Which is why I have a problem with you. Because you can't accept that the compromise between your view and what you allege is mine is, in fact, just my point of view. Actually, that's kind of a lie. I don't have a problem with you, I just wish you'd pull your head out of your ass and stop trying to hold an argument against the person you believe I am. You may not notice it but you're backpedalling quite a bit. You tried to argue that it wasn't creepy when I already agreed with you, you argued that people had evidence to support the idea that she was a lesbian then said no one believed it more likely that she was a lesbian than not, and I don't entirely feel like going into the rest. So if you're going to have a problem with me, you'd better make damn sure it's a legitimate one because otherwise I think everyone's getting a teensy bit sick of it.

Nightson

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #255 on: 18 Sep 2009, 22:29 »

Too late!  It has already been fortold.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1193

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #256 on: 19 Sep 2009, 00:08 »

Angus is a liar.

Nah! At worst he escapes under the "Does my bum look big in this dress?" clause (Hint to any clueless males out there, the correct answer is always: "No, it looks great on you!").

What's he supposed to say after Hannelore puts him on the spot? "Sorry Hanners, she's as rough as the inside of a coal-bucket"? Neither kind nor wise.
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2009, 00:10 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #257 on: 19 Sep 2009, 04:24 »

*mmmfp*!

why does that sound dirty?  :lol:
Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #258 on: 19 Sep 2009, 04:54 »

^ Its probably coz you have dirty mind, you dirty minded... mind... dirt-er... >cough<
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #259 on: 19 Sep 2009, 09:14 »

Too late!  It has already been fortold.

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1193

Not to mention http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1453
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #260 on: 19 Sep 2009, 12:00 »

What's he supposed to say after Hannelore puts him on the spot? "Sorry Hanners, she's as rough as the inside of a coal-bucket"? Neither kind nor wise.
Now there's an expression I don't hear every day. Or any day, come to think of it.

In any case, 'pretty' is subjective enough that there's no way to pin Angus on that one, even should one be miserable cad enough to try.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #261 on: 19 Sep 2009, 15:31 »

Anyway, Hannelore started it, and I don't think she's socially adept enough to lie about something like that.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

kurzon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #262 on: 20 Sep 2009, 03:57 »

It's really hard to tell, given the media, whether or not Marigold is pretty or not.  She's not ugly.  She needs to do something about her skin.  She's certainly not what I would consider fat.  Hanners probably doesn't have the best ability to judge Marigold by 'general' standards, and I have no idea whether Angus is agreeing just to agree, or is genuine.

Another scene which continues to make me like Marigold, though.  She's very human.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #263 on: 20 Sep 2009, 05:03 »

With the exception of the anthroPC's, Tequila Monster, and the occasional bear, I'm pretty sure they're all human...

And I'm not sure that Tequila Monster and the PC's aren't!
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #264 on: 20 Sep 2009, 10:59 »

I don't know if it falls under WCT, but I have to say that Oglaf (which is loading every once in four pages now) is hilarious.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #265 on: 20 Sep 2009, 17:00 »

With the exception of the anthroPC's, Tequila Monster, and the occasional bear, I'm pretty sure they're all human...

And I'm not sure that Tequila Monster and the PC's aren't!
The song is: I'm only huuumaaannn, of flesh and blood I'm made...
Not I'm only huuumaaannn, of flesh, blood, plastic, metal, and/or alcohol-fueled imagination I'm made...
I'm sure you see the problem, Carl. The Human League has already made its decision, and you can't fight the Human League and hope to win (the blonde woman cheats).
I suppose you could appeal, though. http://www.thehumanleague.net/
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #266 on: 20 Sep 2009, 21:30 »

She could easily fix half her insecurities by taking a damn shower every day like everyone else. :|
If I had to take a stab at percent of world population that showers almost every day, I'd say 10%.

"Acknowledged as a possibility" is not the same as "assumed". Nobody assumed they definitely were gay. Which is why I have a problem with you - because _you_ have a problem with people acknowledging something that's not the most likely thing as simply being _possible_

Saying nobody assumed they were gay is false. If you want to say very few people assumed they were gay, then you'd be saying I had a legitimate issue with very few people which is EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! Which is why I have a problem with you. Because you can't accept that the compromise between your view and what you allege is mine is, in fact, just my point of view. Actually, that's kind of a lie. I don't have a problem with you, I just wish you'd pull your head out of your ass and stop trying to hold an argument against the person you believe I am. You may not notice it but you're backpedalling quite a bit. You tried to argue that it wasn't creepy when I already agreed with you, you argued that people had evidence to support the idea that she was a lesbian then said no one believed it more likely that she was a lesbian than not, and I don't entirely feel like going into the rest. So if you're going to have a problem with me, you'd better make damn sure it's a legitimate one because otherwise I think everyone's getting a teensy bit sick of us.
Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2009, 21:36 by ysth »

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #267 on: 20 Sep 2009, 21:58 »

OH HAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE BEING WITTY BY SAYING YOU DON'T LIKE ME! Seriously, I'm trying my best not to start a shitstorm here, do me a favour by not shitting into a fan.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #268 on: 20 Sep 2009, 22:13 »

OH HAHAHAHAHAHA I GET IT BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE BEING WITTY BY SAYING YOU DON'T LIKE ME! Seriously, I'm trying my best not to start a shitstorm here, do me a favour by not shitting into a fan.
I like you.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #269 on: 20 Sep 2009, 22:17 »

It never fails, does it.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Random832

« Reply #270 on: 21 Sep 2009, 06:20 »

Saying nobody assumed they were gay is false.

Saying anyone did* is a strong enough claim as to require proof.

I think part of the problem here has been my fault in not saying that yet still getting more annoyed each time you repeat the claim without providing a link to such a post. So now I'm saying it.

*as far as anyone actually publicly airing such an assumption / making a post that requires it. What people assume in their own minds isn't really relevant here.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2009, 06:25 by Random832 »

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #271 on: 21 Sep 2009, 10:48 »

she has to be WILDLY UNHINGED if she really thinks that Marigold is a) competition for Dora or b) even into dudes. Honestly, Marigold might as well be the president of the Smif College Asexual Club (Meetings in Hubbard House, Tuesdays @ 6pm!!). Seriously, though, this whole Faye versus Marigold story-arc strikes me as super OOC for Faye, and is making me dislike her a little bit   

PS: IMO, Marigold is a GREAT opportunity for Hanners to finally get some. Not saying, just saying.

From the topic titled "Faye vs. Marigold... wait, really?" There were many other posts in the topic implying that others had said similar things elsewhere, but I can't honestly be bothered to find them unless you really want convincing.

Random832

« Reply #272 on: 21 Sep 2009, 11:44 »

Okay, fine. I still don't think it was common enough to be worth remembering and making an issue of much later on

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #273 on: 21 Sep 2009, 12:46 »

Like I said, it was a select few people. But I think it altered the public tone enough that it became a thing in and of itself. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #274 on: 21 Sep 2009, 13:40 »

If I had to take a stab at percent of world population that showers almost every day, I'd say 10%.
I showered every day for some years because of adolescence and stuff, plus there are many people who are overobsessed with good looks. On second thougt, most people might not even have their own shower, so that might even that out, but I think it's more than 10% in western society.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #275 on: 22 Sep 2009, 06:35 »

Don't have a shower, we have a 7 ft long, 60 gallon tub from the early 20's.  I soak in it every morning, but it's more for the muscles in my back, shoulders and neck than anything else (an old bicycle wreck left my back a mess).  It lets me move freely the rest of the day. 

But I've got a pretty "oily complexion" (and hair), so I wash when I'm in there anyway. 

A side note on the bike wreck; when you're in a line of traffic stopped at a light or a stop sign, and the passenger says "I'll just get out here and walk", make sure they look before they open the door... it was 5 weeks before I could sit up straight again!  The bike never recovered. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up