THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 02:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marigold's MMO character  (Read 22163 times)

ShadowXII

• Not quite a lurker
Marigold's MMO character
« on: 15 Sep 2009, 03:37 »

So.

What game is Marigold playing, and what kind of character is she playing?

Judging by http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1474, it's certainly not World of Warcraft. Does anyone recognise it?

Also we've discovered she uses an axe, so that rules out casters and maybe rogues.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
Re: Marigold's MMO character
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2009, 05:30 »

The screen looks a little like the Ring of Fire area in Guild Wars, but I've never heard of a raid in GW.

Axe would most likely be straight up warrior or barbarian, wouldn't it?

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2009, 06:29 »

In her twitter account it's been said she's considering Worgen toon after Cataclysm, that she plays Tauren, and that she hates Ulduar. Sounds like WoW to me.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

ChopstickForge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2009, 11:37 »

The boss looks like Flame Leviathan in Ulduar, so yeah, WoW for sure. Not to mention she wears a shirt that says "Horde rules" on it.

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2009, 12:02 »

What are these threads good for?

Justinn

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:33 »

Just because her interface doesn't look like the standard wow ui doesn't mean it's not wow.  Lot's of people who play wow more than a little have a custom interface, it's not that uncommon.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2009, 13:51 »

The wasting of time that might otherwise be wasted in other manners ... so ... pretty much what all threads are good for.
Fight Me, Bitches!

ChopstickForge

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2009, 14:44 »

@ NotAFanOfFenders :

Just a little thing to connect with the characters on some level, I think. Also a chance for people like me to nerd out.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2009, 16:26 »

I knit with my thread.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

NotAFanOfFenders

• The German Chancellory building
  • even furrier
« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2009, 23:06 »

@ NotAFanOfFenders :

Just a little thing to connect with the characters on some level, I think. Also a chance for people like me to nerd out.

Ah, carry on then.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2009, 07:13 »

@ NotAFanOfFenders :

As long as you're not going to nerd out with your bird out, we're all good.
Fight Me, Bitches!

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2009, 23:33 »

Would that just be flipping everybody off in a nerdy fashion?

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2009, 23:50 »

No ... the bird ... you know! El pajaro!
Fight Me, Bitches!

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #13 on: 17 Sep 2009, 01:01 »

...or Yelling Bird?

IanClark

• Furry furrier
« Reply #14 on: 17 Sep 2009, 06:27 »

...or Yelling Bird?

Same thing I just said...

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2009, 22:55 »

...or Yelling Bird?

Same thing I just said...
She mentioned keeping aggro in today's comic, so she plays a tank of some class.  As to which, that's a little difficult as a few tanking weapons are axes, though since she's a horde fan, I'm guessing either orc warrior or orc deathknight.  She doesn't seem the type to play a tauren or troll and I bet she'd rather puke than play a blood elf (then again, who wouldn't?), and forsaken are...eh, I only really see priests, warlocks and the occasional rogue of their race nowadays when they aren't deathknights, but that's probably my server.

But she also mentioned it'd take 10 minutes to belch out all her char's names, so she probably has a multitude of classes that are dps, healers or tanks across the four horde races (blood elves don't count because even the horde doesn't want them around).

I could see her main characters being the orc warrior tank, an undead warlock, an undead rogue, a tauren druid, an orc shaman, an-ok I'm just gonna stop the nerdtrain here.
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2009, 00:36 »

nerd
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

thret

• Plantmonster
« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2009, 04:23 »

The boss looks like Flame Leviathan in Ulduar, so yeah, WoW for sure. Not to mention she wears a shirt that says "Horde rules" on it.

I think it is actually the entrance to Onyxia's Lair, although of course it is very indistinct. We can give Jeph some artistic licence when it comes to WoW. However, if any of his characters decide to start playing poker, I will expect absolute accuracy.

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2009, 04:26 by thret »

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2009, 04:37 »

I thought it was pretty obvious it was WoW, but I also don't play any MMORPGs and sort of just assumed it would be the most popular.  Why don't we instead discuss Angus' possible motives for lying to Marigold like he is?

Karilyn

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2009, 04:55 »

Take it from the WoW nerd.  Definitely WoW, definitely Flame Leviathan.

Twitter already said her main is a Tauren.  True fact, almost all real life women who play WoW hardcore, play Taurens.  Go figure why.  And we know her character uses an axe.  That rules out Druid.  Which leaves Warrior and Death Knight.  Female Tauren Warriors are cooler than Female Tauren Death Knights (and I am in no way biased at all because of myself playing a Female Tauren Warrior), so if she's awesome, she'll be playing a Warrior.

As for the weapons...

Death Knight Tanking Axe:
World Carver

Warrior Tanking Axe:
Last Laugh

Last Laugh would be unusual for her to be using, as there are substancially better warrior tanking weapons in the game now, that are a lot easier to get.  However, World Carver is a remarkably powerful weapon for it's ease of access, so it would make sense for someone to be still using it.  I can't seem to locate any higher end axes off the top of my head.

What confuses me is why she wouldn't have a stronger weapon than either of those, due to the ease of ToC25 and the like.  I'mma just gonna guess that Jeff was picking her to be using an "axe" out of his ass, and wasn't thinking of any weapon in particular.

Wilshire

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2009, 11:53 »

Looks like she is in Netherstorm Area 52, in front of the Inn, she wears a "For the Horde" shirt so she probably plays horde, she uses an Axe.

So being Tauren and using an Axe, she is either Warrior, Shaman, Death Knight or Hunter. Probably not a Hunter since Hanners would have yelled "SHOOT HER!" instead. So then it is limited to Warrior, Shaman, Death Knight. Assuming she is max level (why she would be in Netherstorm I don't know) she probably isn't Shaman since there aren't many good 1handed axes. So Warrior or Death Knight...

She has a twitter? She is actually based off a real person?

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2009, 15:01 »

She has a twitter? She is actually based off a real person?

I've got news for you.

(No)
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

thret

• Plantmonster
« Reply #22 on: 30 Sep 2009, 01:56 »

Aahh it could be A52 you are right, the colouring is way more appropriate.

Keebbles

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #23 on: 12 Oct 2009, 12:40 »

Marigold mentioned that she's DPS and has a hard time keeping agro off the two other "real" females in the guild who are too busy doing cute sexy things to get attention instead of really helping with the raid.
 Her repressed  angst is probably best served with virtual violence - thus the warrior is most likely her character of choice.  Big Tough and ugly (she does see her self as ugly anyways...) but she probably min-maxed her choice more than thought that part out consciously.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Free 2 Play! No D/L! Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN The Awesome Online Anime Spoof!

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #24 on: 13 Oct 2009, 05:17 »

No ... the bird ... you know! El pajaro!
El pájaro es la palabra!
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2009, 23:14 »

Marigold mentioned that she's DPS and has a hard time keeping agro off the two other "real" females in the guild who are too busy doing cute sexy things to get attention instead of really helping with the raid.
 Her repressed  angst is probably best served with virtual violence - thus the warrior is most likely her character of choice.  Big Tough and ugly (she does see her self as ugly anyways...) but she probably min-maxed her choice more than thought that part out consciously.
Hmm DPS keep other people from getting aggro ?

And Warrior is a DPS ?

This puzzles me.

I never played WoW, but I checked out a Wiki about it and I'm fairly sure Warrior is the tank class in WoW ... although you can skill them for dps, probably, the most typical useage of them would be, well, tank.
Carpe Diem

Wilshire

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #26 on: 20 Oct 2009, 11:04 »

Hmm DPS keep other people from getting aggro ?

And Warrior is a DPS ?

This puzzles me.

I never played WoW, but I checked out a Wiki about it and I'm fairly sure Warrior is the tank class in WoW ... although you can skill them for dps, probably, the most typical useage of them would be, well, tank.

Protection Warrior, Protection Paladin, Feral (Bear) Druids, and Death Knights (any spec) are tanks. Warriors can be Fury or Arms for DPS.

Anyways, I don't recall her ever saying she was DPS.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1501

She says they are DPS and has to spend half her time keeping aggro off them.

So if she isn't DPS that limits her to Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight that can use Axes and Tank. If she is in Area 51 that means she was probably playing is BC, and she has a FOR TEH HORDE shirt that takes out Paladin and Death Knight. So we can probably assume she is a Horde Prot Warrior.

JessantRose

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #27 on: 21 Oct 2009, 06:43 »

So if she isn't DPS that limits her to Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight that can use Axes and Tank. If she is in Area 51 that means she was probably playing is BC, and she has a FOR TEH HORDE shirt that takes out Paladin and Death Knight. So we can probably assume she is a Horde Prot Warrior.
[/quote]

All sides (alliance and horde) have the access to Paladin and Death Knight.  So she could be either.
Tauren's aren't pallys though so it leaves warriors and death knights.  Unless she's changed her main since WotLK has come out- she's not a death knight.
I'd say if she was a tank and using a weapon so large Hanners could see- she's a warrior though.

Anyways- this is all going continue to be a guessing game until Jeph actually tells us.

Wilshire

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #28 on: 23 Oct 2009, 05:49 »

All sides (alliance and horde) have the access to Paladin and Death Knight.  So she could be either.
Tauren's aren't pallys though so it leaves warriors and death knights.  Unless she's changed her main since WotLK has come out- she's not a death knight.
I'd say if she was a tank and using a weapon so large Hanners could see- she's a warrior though.

Anyways- this is all going continue to be a guessing game until Jeph actually tells us.
[/quote]

When did she say she was Tauren? Or was that on her Twitter which I don't read.

JessantRose

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #29 on: 23 Oct 2009, 06:27 »

Twitter.  She said something about it once.  If I could read it at work I'd link it to you but someone else is probably more resourceful.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2009, 15:24 by maddness »
Fight Me, Bitches!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #31 on: 23 Oct 2009, 12:09 »

Helpful research there. You'll want to edit the links: the URL= markup puts an extra http:// in front.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JessantRose

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #32 on: 26 Oct 2009, 07:23 »

Thank you Maddness
The techy-overlords at my work block all social sites and I get flagged when I disable it (they should make a better filter if they didn't want it overrided!)
Anyways- I get enough of those flags, my internet usage gets disabled and that I can't override.  So it's just smarter I stay away from those sites while at work.
Won't stop me from lurking here though.   :-P

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #33 on: 26 Oct 2009, 11:21 »

Quote from: @marigoldfarmer
my main is already a tauren so i guess its too late to worry about being a furry
8:51 PM Aug 23rd from Tweetie

just got OWNED in PvP. Stupid prot-spec. :\
1:47 PM Oct 14th from Tweetie

tempted to start a worgen toon once cataclysm comes out, but worried it will make me a "furry"
8:22 PM Aug 23rd from Tweetie

Fight Me, Bitches!
Pages: [1]   Go Up