THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Down

Author Topic: University/College  (Read 435608 times)

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
Re: University/College
« Reply #2450 on: 06 Feb 2015, 06:05 »

I got an 83 (A B.  On the low end, but still a B) on my first test this semester.  I'm okay that I did better than I thought I was going to do (didn't miss a single question that simply had the equations there) but I didn't get a single one of the four word problems right.  I got partial credit because I was able to figure out some of the problems so it's better than nothing but I'm still disappointed I couldn't figure them out.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #2451 on: 06 Feb 2015, 22:25 »

So... what were they?  Some post game analysis can help you in the long run. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #2452 on: 07 Feb 2015, 11:46 »

1.  Three times the lesser of two consecutive even number is 14 more than 2 times the greater even number.  What are the numbers?

-I almost got this one right but I goofed up and put the same expression on both sides of the equation instead of leaving it on one side.  So instead of the equation being 3x=14+2(x+2), which is the correct one, I ended up with 3x+x+2=14+(x+2).  I got partial credit since I at least stuck with my incorrect formula all the way through and showed that it worked, but it was still wrong.

2.  To pass your math class, you must obtain a grade of 70% of the total points possible.  The points can be earned through the following: Six tests worth 100 points each, various online assignments totaling 235 points, and one final worth 200 points.  If a studen wishes to skip all the online assignments, what is the minimum test and final percentage average that must be obtained to receive a passing grade?  Two parts: A. Write the inequality that would model this scenario and B. Solve the inequality.

-The most I got with this was 'something' ≥ .70(1035).

3.  The prediction of the total points in the Sixers-Nuggets game is between 187 and 197.  Write an inequality that shows this, then, convert the inequality into an absolute value inequality (answer must include the absolute value symbol) that represents this prediction.

-I got the inequality 187≤x≤197, but I could not remember how to convert it to the equation.

4.  Joe sells peanuts and cashews.  He wants to make a 15lb mixture of peanuts and cashews that will sell for $6.80/lb.  Peanuts cost $3.00/lb and cashews cost $9.00/lb.  How many pounds of each must he have to make the mixture?

-I gave up on this one.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #2453 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:10 »

4. Economically speaking, Joe should just put a very small amount of cashews in so that he actually has a profit margin :D

Okay, for serious now.
You are looking for two unknowns, lets call them p (the weight of peanuts in lb) and c (the weight of cashews in lb).
You want that together they are 15lb, because that's what the mixture is supposed to weigh. So:
Code: [Select]
p + c = 15You also want the cost match certain criteria. The cost of the mixture will be 6.80/lb. So you could, for example, calculate how much the whole mixture will cost.
15 * 6,80 = x (too lazy to punch it into a calculator)You also want to have part of them peanuts and the other part cashews. So you want that the cost is distributed between them.
x = 3.00 * p + 9.00 * cNow you have two unknowns and two equations:
p + c = 15
3.00 * p + 9.00 * c = 15 * 6.80

You can now solve this using the methods known to you. For example, you could put the p on one side of the first equation and put the other side into the place where p occurs in the second equation.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #2454 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:34 »

OK, reverse order established, I'll take on #3. 

187 < x < 197 as an absolute value inequality.  Recall that

|anything| < a

means

-a < anything < a

so we need to get the expression between two values that are negatives of each other.  If find the value halfway between 187 and 197, we can use that as a center, (187 + 197)/2 = 384/2 = 192.  Subtract this from all three sides of the original inequality, and you get

-5 < x - 192 < 5

which can be rewritten as

|x - 192| < 5

By the way, I tend to thing "between" means strictly between, which is why I used < instead of <.  Some use it inclusively, if your instructor didn't accept both I'd mention it. 

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2455 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:47 »

2.  To pass your math class, you must obtain a grade of 70% of the total points possible.  The points can be earned through the following: Six tests worth 100 points each, various online assignments totaling 235 points, and one final worth 200 points.  If a studen wishes to skip all the online assignments, what is the minimum test and final percentage average that must be obtained to receive a passing grade?  Two parts: A. Write the inequality that would model this scenario and B. Solve the inequality.

-The most I got with this was 'something' ≥ .70(1035).
Okay, you want to calculate how many points you need to pass first. The total points are

6 * 100 + 235 + 200 = 1035. You need 70 % of that - that is, 0.7 * 1035 = 724.5. Without the online assignments, you can earn 6 * 100 + 200 points tops (so 800 points in total). As we said, you need 724.5 of 800 points - that is 724.5/800 = 0.905625 = 90.5625 %.

I am not quite sure what inequality they are looking for. I suppose something like
x >= 0.7 * (6 * 100 + 235 +200)/(6 * 100 + 200) where x is the desired average?

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #2456 on: 07 Feb 2015, 12:59 »

Actually, probably the simplified version,

(6*100 + 200)x > .7(6*100 + 200 + 235). 

And, since you know the equation for #1, I think we're done! 

We probably didn't help all that much, though.  Let us know where we're unclear, or anything else you may need... :-D

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2457 on: 07 Feb 2015, 13:07 »

I am afraid I am also not doing a very good job at explaining. I am decent at solving, but I have no idea if you understood my trail of thought.

Carl: how is the equation where the x is not alone on one side "simplified"?  :psyduck: (I know you are probably right, I am just confused)

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #2458 on: 07 Feb 2015, 14:34 »

9 students have died at my university since the beginning of the academic year. 4 from suicides, 2 from car accidents, 1 from a seizure, and 2 where the cause hasn't been released.

I feel bad for the administration, a little bit.

Personally I think 4 suicides (among a population of about 17K students) is an indication of a problem, The counseling center needs to be improved. It's frankly not great, they have very limited walk in hours and according to a friend don't offer grief counseling. And the administration is trying to reach out to students.

But the university has had to deal with people going full conspiracy theory on them. Facebook postings about serial killers or the occult, parents threatening to pull their kids out of school, a certain group of students trying to pin all 9 deaths on the administration. Hell, the university isn't even obligated to inform students of deaths that occur off-campus (which is where all but one occurred), they just do. So I'm not even 100% sure how it compares.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2459 on: 07 Feb 2015, 14:46 »

In unrelated but still university related news, I was able to sidetrack Friday's entire Arabic lecture by emailing this video to the professor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PlAGdkZhos

The title of the song, for those who don't speak Arabic, translates to "We Have Ministries." And it's basically about government corruption and inefficacy in Lebanon, making heavy use of an art form that the Lebanese have perfected, sarcasm. So after playing it at the beginning of class, someone asked about free speech in Lebanon and about if there was any sort of retaliation against the band for that song (there was not).

That led the professor, who is Tunisian, to talk about what her life was like pre-Arab Spring in Tunisia and share this video:

Then a student asked about the French words that appeared in both songs. Which led to another discussion, the professor's realization that the lesson she had planned wasn't happening anymore, and the playing of this TEDTalk (you can turn on English subtitles, it's actually extremely interesting and applicable to languages other than Arabic)

So I unintentionally created the world's best Friday class, (other than one that is cancelled) one composed entirely of YouTube videos. Although now she wants us to write a response to the TEDTalk.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2015, 14:52 by 94ssd »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #2460 on: 08 Feb 2015, 18:33 »

I just turned in the first draft of my literature thesis on metacognition and consciousness. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, but part of me is afraid my supervisor is going to hate it. I'll probably be fine.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #2461 on: 08 Feb 2015, 20:26 »

Carl: how is the equation where the x is not alone on one side "simplified"?  :psyduck: (I know you are probably right, I am just confused)

Actually, it isn't simplified, bad use of terminology on my part.  I tend to think that most students see expressions with fractions as more complicated than those without...

But I was just thinking of an expression closer to the situation of the problem - x percent of the "doable" points being > 70% of the total points.  It's a more of a "direct translation" into math, that's all. 

And 94ssd, congratulations on that class - your professor obviously saw a good thing and rode it out.  I'm sure she's patting herself on the back for being flexible, and will probably remember that as one of her better classes for years to come! 

The death thing is pretty unusual, though.  Clearly some are random occurrences, car accidents happen to young people all the time.  But the cluster of suicides (and I'm sure many people suspect the two others may also be suicides, and they're not being released for that reason) is really troubling. 

But the thing is, they're probably just that - a cluster of an occurrence that often happens in an environment of stress.  While it's an excellent opportunity for the university to improve its services, it's doubtful that it would have made a difference.  Most successful suicides don't actively seek help beforehand. 

Of course, it's really hard to know whether people who do reach out for help would have committed suicide without it.  There have been some studies, but it's kind of a self-selecting population...   :-\

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2462 on: 02 May 2015, 15:04 »

Taking an intro to statistics class on Coursera. I'm thinking of taking some stats classes at my old school this fall, and if I do well I may go for a Masters in the field. Combined with my Bachelor's in Classics, it'll open a lot of doors career wise.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2463 on: 08 Jul 2015, 16:47 »

Let me take a moment to talk about the theatre department at my university. Both the builder and destroyer of my happiness and dreams.

This department has not kept up with the changing theatre world in many ways. That's evidence in the lack of projection and sound design courses, the almost complete absence musicals and new plays in the mainstage seasons, which student organizations have had to pick up the slack on, and the fact that they require you to take fucking scenic painting.

One of its worst offenses is that it gives design/tech students very little opportunity to design. A typical major can hope for one or two shows assisting a faculty designer and then maybe a dance piece or two on their own. That's it. They're fairly with it when it comes to stage management, with student stage managers taking the reigns on every show, but design is something they're usually unwilling to entrust students with.

I have been extremely lucky. As one of the very few students studying sound design, and because of the lack of a dedicated sound faculty member, I have been given the opportunity to design one show last year and two this upcoming year. I can't express how rare this is. Between the 10 design/tech majors that graduated last year, only one had ever designed a show (as the lighting designer for one production) on his won.

Designing two shows also means I will be extremely busy. I have a friend who is a rising sophomore and, to my great joy, interested in sound design. She approached me about being my assistant designer on one of the shows. Not thinking how there could be any problem with this, I said yes. I emailed the director to let her know I would like to bring on an assistant. She emailed back approving completely, and CC'd the rest of the design team on an email letting them know, in the form of a fact, that there was now an assistant sound designer.

The email included my advisor and the main lighting professor. Who immediately emails me back and overrules the director by stating that "students cannot assist students." Which is just absolutely and utter nonsense. Because any of the faculty designers OR the director could bring on an assistant, or two, if they wanted. No one had anything to say when a professor brought on three assistant dramaturgs for a show this upcoming semester. I break down a barrier but I still am treated as lower on the pecking order, and I'm powerless to help my make sure I won't be the last one who gets these opportunities.

This is just the latest volley in a constant barrage of supreme bullshit. I don't know if I'm complained before about their attempts to stamp out student-produced work even though that's the only way anyone will ever get enough experience to make it out in the working world, because they see it as 'competition,' even though that isn't what it is at all because we always let mainstage shows get cast first and there's still 50 actors and a dozen technicians not involved in any mainstage in any given semester. Not to mention that club shows have brought new people into the theatre major.

Everything in this goddamned department is dysfunctional politics. It's not what I signed up for. And now that I'm a senior and an officer in multiple clubs I have to be on the confrontational side of things, not by choice. I have never heard of a department at any other school being this way. It's so fucking upsetting.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2464 on: 08 Jul 2015, 16:52 »

We had a meeting for new design/tech majors yesterday, current majors required to attend.

This freshman described himself as "skilled" as a board op and carpenter. I instantly dislike him and in my experience people who say that aren't actually skilled. He's the board op on a show I'm designing sound for and now I'm worried that he'll fuck it up, especially because it will be pretty complex.

So I was looking through my past posts in this thread. Update: he, predictably, fucked it up regularly.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2465 on: 08 Jul 2015, 18:46 »

Wait, how can a professor overrule the director? Also, how are you in any sense of the word competition? 94ssd, I'm sorry you're going through this shit.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2466 on: 09 Jul 2015, 01:11 »

Wait, how can a professor overrule the director?

Still trying to figure this out myself.

Also, how are you in any sense of the word competition? 94ssd, I'm sorry you're going through this shit.

In the case of student produced works, there are some people, particularly performers and typically seniors, who will elect to only perform for student produced shows, either for a certain semester or permanently (you have to audition for mainstage shows every semester but you can write down on the sheet that you don't want to be cast, it's weird), because the shows suck or there's certain directors that certain people don't want to work with. But the department doesn't like that there's an alternative way for performers to get resume experience. So there is some truth the idea that some people will choose the student shows over mainstages, but really the majority of the casts of student shows are people who audition for mainstages but didn't get cast.

Also, on rare occasions a student produced show, Rocky Horror for instance, will outsell the mainstage performances. The Women's Theatre Troupe production of Decision Height (one of the best shows I've ever seen) sold out the 80-seat black box every night, while the department had trouble getting people through the door of that same theatre for Tartuffe, a show so devoid of interesting plot, humor, or relevant commentary that I don't think anyone would have seen it if not to support their friends/fulfill class requirements. Rather than seeing this as indicative of the fact that the department consistently fails to pick shows that are relevant and/or interesting, they view it as cutting into their profits and competing for audiences.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2015, 01:18 by 94ssd »

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2467 on: 09 Jul 2015, 02:00 »

Not to mention bruised egos.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2468 on: 09 Jul 2015, 12:47 »

Yeah, but if student made shows do well, doesn't that mean they've succeeded in their job?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2469 on: 09 Jul 2015, 13:22 »

Yeah, but if student made shows do well, doesn't that mean they've succeeded in their job?

You're assuming the faculty is mainly comprised of educators who are passionate about teaching. They are the minority. The bulk of the faculty is made up of bitter professionals whose careers either came crashing or never got launched.

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #2470 on: 09 Jul 2015, 20:24 »

downside of Online College: when the instructor doesn't check your essays until the last day of the term.
I got all my work done. 
but then the Prof decided to shit all over my essays.
I went from a solid B to maybe a C-, or worse.

:(
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2471 on: 09 Jul 2015, 20:39 »

So I started calculus this week. It's not that bad!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2472 on: 30 Jul 2015, 18:20 »

I did it. I'm finally going to live the dream. No classes before 10:00 (and even that's only a lab on Mondays), and NO FRIDAY CLASSES.

Look at that big empty space. It fills me with tears of joy.

If anyone dares to ever try to get me out of bed before noon on Friday this semester, I will end them.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2473 on: 08 Aug 2015, 08:12 »

I am behind what I intended on my studies for an upcoming exam.
The materials we are provided are supposedly great - for second-semesters. However, my 7th semester brain demands proper definitions for every new term they casually introduce without properly defining it.
This is my second-to-last mandatory course, and I am determined to finish it this year, come what may.
I just wish the way there wasn't so rocky.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2474 on: 16 Aug 2015, 07:49 »

Classes start tomorrow. I've never been this freaked out about a school year starting.

First of all, I'm not ready to be a senior. There's so much responsibility that goes with that, especially in this department moreso than in many others. I'm not about to graduate college and go into the real world? Who the fuck even let this happen? I'm not an adult.

Second, it just hit me yesterday that some my closest friends won't be there when I get back. I never really made friends with any of the seniors who graduated my freshman year, and I had like one friend among the group that graduated my sophomore year. But people who mentored me, became close friends with, who helped me out when times were hard and even vice versa, some of those people are gone. I already had time to freak out about it in June but now it seems like it's real, I'll walk into the theatre building and they won't be there.

There's one departure that hurts the most, because she really coaxed me out of the depressed shell I came into college with and was one of the best friends I ever had, and probably the reason I chose to stay a theatre major, I went into college thinking maybe'd it'd just be something I still did for fun.

It's also gonna be a really busy year for me. That's the thing I'm worried about the least, but it's still something else to think about.

Grognard

« Reply #2475 on: 17 Aug 2015, 17:11 »

I'm almost done.
One week left.

and then I've got to wait until May to have my degree conferred.  :b
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2476 on: 17 Aug 2015, 17:12 »

I mentioned it in HHJJ, but I passed my calculus class! That six-week condensed class I took after work four days a week. Holy shit, I've never been this happy to get a C.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Grognard

« Reply #2477 on: 17 Aug 2015, 17:25 »

I'm hustling my ass off just to get a C.

this is US Gov't class, and the instructor hasn't liked me since I made my position clear as a Constitutionalist.
... that or he hates my NRA membership.
... or any of the other "Right Wing, racist, homophobic, 1%-er, animal slaughtering caveman" stereotypes he accuses me of being.

How this guy manages to instruct for  LUO is beyond me... or maybe he's really good at being a TROLL.

.meh.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2478 on: 17 Aug 2015, 17:27 »

LUO?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Grognard

« Reply #2479 on: 18 Aug 2015, 17:52 »

thought I'd mentioned it before?

Liberty University Online.

All the education, a lot less of the indoctrination.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2480 on: 01 Nov 2015, 20:02 »

So I register for my last semester of undergrad (wait, what the fuck?!) on Tuesday. I'm taking an independent study on audio engineering and/or projection design, advanced makeup, Acting I (shoot me now), and racquetball to fulfill PE requirements.

For financial aid purposes I need to take just ONE additional bullshit class to be a full-time student. I've narrowed it down to two that are offered at the same time. An Appalachian Politics class that I've wanted to take since Freshman year, OR Screenwriting.

The Appalachian Politics class would be super interesting, but it might be difficult, it's a 3000 level course. I don't want to have to put much energy into it. I took an upper-level history course to fulfill one of the 'additional credits' horseshit sections of my checksheet based on it sounding interesting, and it ended up being the hardest class I had that year.

Which is one of the two reasons I'm considering screenwriting. Screenwriting would be easy as shit because of the professor who teaches it. But also, I know that I haven't done nearly enough writing this semester and the idea of a class where for 3 hours a week I have to write may be the fire under my ass I need. Playwriting class is why I started in the first place, after all.

The Appalachian Politics class is currently listed as being taught by 'TBA,' so unfortunately I can't try to get a syllabus for the course, and I don't really have friends in the Poli Sci department anymore.

Loki

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2481 on: 02 Nov 2015, 17:36 »

Maybe the actual staff members know who teaches it and the list is simply not up to date?

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2482 on: 02 Nov 2015, 17:39 »

I'd definitely go with screenwriting.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Grognard

« Reply #2483 on: 03 Nov 2015, 21:16 »

Ka-ching.

all done.  got confirmation letter today.  I'm officially no longer eligible to play college sports.  :D

Bachelor's of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies, minoring in History: complete.

only took 23 years.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #2484 on: 03 Nov 2015, 21:24 »

W00t!
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #2485 on: 04 Nov 2015, 04:16 »

Congrats!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #2486 on: 04 Nov 2015, 14:53 »

^5, my man!
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #2487 on: 04 Nov 2015, 15:04 »

Congrats!
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Grognard

« Reply #2488 on: 05 Nov 2015, 19:37 »

the framed sheep skin came in via FedEx today.

feels really, really good.

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2489 on: 14 May 2016, 16:21 »

So....I just graduated??!?!?!

Still feels really surreal. Still not sure where life will take me next. Like any true college student I arrived for my 9 AM graduation party hungover, possibly still drunk, with my voice hoarse and my eyes bloodshot.

Number of family there to support me: 0.

Actually, that's a lie. My theatre friends are my family. Most of them will still be around this summer but leaving one by one. That's when the real tears will happen.

My college graduation cap was decorated with "Thanks, Obama." Meant in both a genuine (as federal grants he helped keep in place are why I'm graduation with relatively low debt - not to mention the impact that campaigning for him/being an impressionable young adult during his presidency made on me) and the sarcastic internet meme way.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #2490 on: 14 May 2016, 16:33 »

Congrats!
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Grognard

« Reply #2491 on: 15 May 2016, 20:32 »

tis official. I'm Done. I am done. I AM DONE!

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #2492 on: 17 May 2016, 22:56 »

I think the proper term is "finished". 

"Done" is when they poke a fork in you and the juices run clear.... :angel:

Grognard

« Reply #2493 on: 20 May 2016, 21:14 »

have you not seen the contents of my skull cavity recently?

:)

94ssd

• Hadouken
« Reply #2494 on: 13 May 2017, 08:16 »

My alma mater had its graduation today. I wasn't able to make the trip but I watched online. I wanted to be there because I am friends with almost all of the theatre graduates. Now the number of people in the theatre program that I actually know well is down to only like, four, I think. So I probably won't be making that 90 minute trip to see plays or go to alumni night parties anymore, which is what I had done on a few occasions during this past year of being a college graduate.

Marvyn

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #2495 on: 19 Apr 2018, 05:27 »

This year I’m leaving this place! Since then, I’m a graduate student of International Relations, Faculty of Law. I will remember very fondly the times we spent with my university friends together and I don’t think we will meet too many times after
Check for an expert help here, if any assignment seems difficult

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #2496 on: 19 Apr 2018, 10:06 »

My alma mater celebrates its 150th anniversary of its founding on Saturday.

Sadly, the Old Main building is no longer around, like it was during the centennial.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

memyselfandi

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #2497 on: 12 Mar 2019, 05:22 »

Assignments on linear equalities and inequalities are indeed quite a hard task to complete well. I didn't want to solve it myself and have found a solution here - https://studymoose.com/. I don't know if this is good but I am really stressed out to do it myself.

Corvid

• Not quite a lurker
  • NB|They/Them
    • tumblr
« Reply #2498 on: 26 Mar 2019, 19:41 »

This has been my first semester back at school in a while, I had a bit of a mental meltdown a couple years ago *shrug emoji* It's been a challenge but honestly I've missed school so much. Having access to the library again is a dream come true I found a book written by a Marxist in 1934 analyzing German Fascism and it's beyond fascinating to read
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50]   Go Up