Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 27 Jul 2017, 13:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Down

Author Topic: WE LIKE SPORTS  (Read 186091 times)

JoeCovenant

• Curry sauce
Re: WE LIKE SPORTS
« Reply #3950 on: 17 Jul 2017, 05:14 »

Dear Glob!
It's almost as if NONE of you realise that Dundee F.C. travel to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday night for a the first competitive game of the 2017/18 season, when we take on Raith Rovers in the Betfred Cup !!!!!!!!!!

I mean, what ARE you?? Philistines??
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3951 on: 17 Jul 2017, 21:03 »

Would there be any feasible way to stagger the starting time on the last day, so the person in first starts first, followed by the person in second however amount of time they're behind later, and so forth, so the winner will always actually finish first?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ignominious

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3952 on: 17 Jul 2017, 23:51 »

Well a couple of weeks later I must say that if Warren Barguil keeps climbing mountains and getting in large leading groups he might as well win it for France. He lost a shitton of time in the first week but he's less than 10 minutes away now.

He would need at least 10 minutes to get the minute needed to hold off Froome in the TT. Not going to happen. If he gets on  par with Contador none of the top 5 will let him get up the road. GC riders only take the polka dot jersey by happenstance, not by target. He's being allowed to go away in the breakaway groups, for now.

The real hope for France is pinned on Romain Bardet. He still needs to chuck 1m23s into Froome if he wants to stand a chance of wearing the yellow jersey in Paris and with two downhill finishes in three days, he may well do that. I reckon he'll at least overhaul Aru who is vulnerable due to lack of team around him.

Things to watch out for today:

Bardet and all of AG2R at the 2nd climb attempting to force a gap while the sprinters teams wet the bed.
Michael Matthews desperately trying to get ahead of Kittel in the intermediate sprint.
Steve Cummings in general.

Actually a AG2R, Sunweb, Dimension Data alliance today could be very damaging to the shape of the race if there's any crosswinds in the second half.

Ignominious

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3953 on: 19 Jul 2017, 15:08 »

After today, Barguil is tied on for the polka dot but clearly not making a move on GC. Aru has practically put himself out of the running while Rigoberto Uran is a new and interesting threat having been through the Sky TT school. Still having hopes for Bardet. SL2 could get a bumper crop yet this year.

JoeCovenant

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3954 on: 20 Jul 2017, 02:17 »

Dear Glob!
It's almost as if NONE of you care that Dundee F.C. travelled to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday night for a the first competitive game of the 2017/18 season, and beat Raith Rovers 2-1 in the Betfred Cup !!!!!!!!!!

I mean, what ARE you?? Philistines??
Covenant

Ignominious

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3955 on: 20 Jul 2017, 05:15 »

It's summer lad, cycling and cricket's order of day. You can keep football until after the summer hols.

And on that subject, Katie Archbald and Tom Pidcock both delivered stellar performances last night to win the National Circuit Racing Championships in Sheffield. And this morning, Annemiek Van Vlouten stormed it up the Col d' Izoard to take a commanding win on the first stage of La Course.

jwhouk

• Mentat
  • The Great North Woods
« Reply #3956 on: 20 Jul 2017, 06:15 »

We signed Pontus Aberg to a longer-term contract yesterday.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Cast List

jwhouk

• Mentat
  • The Great North Woods
« Reply #3957 on: 23 Jul 2017, 17:59 »

Re: Brickyard 400

And that, ladies and gentlebeings of the jury, is the reason why I no longer watch NASCAR on a regular basis.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Cast List

JoeCovenant

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3958 on: 25 Jul 2017, 08:33 »

Dear Glob!
It's almost as if NONE of you realise that Dundee F.C. travel to Cowdenbeath tomor...

...Accchhhh, FORGET it!

Covenant
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80]   Go Up