THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 13:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: October 19-23, 2009  (Read 83566 times)

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
Re: WCT: October 19-23, 2009
« Reply #100 on: 21 Oct 2009, 21:49 »

I'm not taking Killbot's side, but I don't think she was saying homosexuality is a sin; she's saying everyone's a sinner, including them.

The fact that Killbot's very first post after her introduction on June 12 was an attack against men who 'turn gay' is clear evidence of her bigotry.

The old 'love the sinner, hate the sin' dodge is just a way that fundamentalists justify demonizing anything they don't approve of.

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Ravenswing

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #101 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:03 »

If this comic were even the slightest bit realistic, Marten's dad would not be making contact with him. Whatever shrill liberal media shrews baghead right wing moonbats may have told you, gays are not family people. Men who turn started out gay in the first place never return to cherish their families as much as anyone else.
Fixed that for you.

And talk about realistic; my (gay) father-in-law cherished my wife until his final breath and fought like a madman to stay in her life.

And my take on it is slightly different: Killbot isn't a troll because of her beliefs.  She's a troll for doing nothing on these forums except, well, acting trollish.  I don't care what her personal issues might be; they are and should be no excuse.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2009, 22:07 by Ravenswing »
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #102 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:32 »

Apparently gay male characters really bring out the whacko on the forums.

Fixed.   :roll:
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Binary

• Curry sauce
« Reply #103 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:48 »

Hey, Orson Scott Card is trolling the forum under a pseudonym! Jeph must have really annoyed him.

Good.
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #104 on: 21 Oct 2009, 22:57 »

This is a rejection of family values and the traditional order of marriage.
You mean finding a convenient family to arrange your child to marry into so that you get their stuff? Or stoning non-virgins?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #105 on: 21 Oct 2009, 23:20 »

Hey, I got stoned and I was still a virgin! 

Oh, wait...

never mind. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #106 on: 21 Oct 2009, 23:50 »

How many previous shots of Dora in profile have there been?

793, 1005, 1300 I know of, and there must be others.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #107 on: 21 Oct 2009, 23:52 »

If this comic were even the slightest bit realistic, Marten's dad would not be making contact with him. Whatever shrill liberal media shrews may have told you, gays are not family people. Men who turn gay never return to their families.
ROTFL man you really need to upgrade your knowledge about homosexuality. You're like the newest knowledge of the 19. century over there. But sadly for you we're in the 21. century.

I don't hate people of abnormal sexuality, they're flawed, sinful people like everyone else. In fact, the presence of homosexuals gives the comic more realism, and demonstrates that the characters are imperfect and in need of God's transforming power. I have no problems with gays in fiction, but with Jeph's attitude toward them, portraying them as okay and not needing to change. This is a rejection of family values and the traditional order of marriage.

Bottom line: I'll suspend my disbelief, but not my beliefs.
You really need to. URGENTLY. My oh my.

For starters:

1. Nobody chooses to be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. Only bisexuals get any choice, the other two are stuck.
2. Homosexuals are born this way (or its decided in early childhood or something, one doesnt know exactly yet) and never change.
3. Otherwise, homosexuals are simply normal people, just like heterosexuals.
4. Homosexuals fall in love like Heterosexuals and are the same in every respect in their love life, except they fall for the "wrong" sex.
5. Homosexuals also like to marry and to have children - the later typically through adopting etc.
6. Homosexuality is common in mammals. Scientists have verified its existence in hundreds of animal species.
Carpe Diem

jonarus_drakus

• Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #108 on: 21 Oct 2009, 23:55 »

Just got back from the Ustream and all i dare say is: OMG!
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #109 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:03 »

On the new shirt: Robot incest zomg
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #110 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:08 »

Hrm. Good comic. Figured that Marten's Dad would have had everything set up prior to asking everybody for approval. But apparently not.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #111 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:10 »

I'd like to tag onto what snubnose said.  Its about attraction, no one can really say why one dude finds girl x more attractive than girl z and another dude finds the opposite, and even another dude finds the first dude attractive.  No one really controls what they are attracted to.  If a girl likes large men then she likes large men nothing to it she just is.

to quote the famous philosopher Popeye the sailor man: "I yam whats I yam and thats all I yam!"
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #112 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:11 »

Obvious troll is obvious

also robot incest, z0mgzz

edit: troll remark directed to killbot, apologies for any confusion
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #113 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:12 »

Hmm yes what did Marten get from his father ?

I hope we get that told in the next comic.
Carpe Diem

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #114 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:14 »

The whole "bumbling sweetheart" thing, as mentioned in #437.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

dwibby

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #115 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:18 »

And here I thought it was His Impeccable Sense Of Timing

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #116 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:18 »

The whole "bumbling sweetheart" thing, as mentioned in #437.

quite right.  most girls find it cute.  Makes those cheesy love movies where the couple first meet and the guy forgets his name kinda sad yet true.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #117 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:20 »

Anyone who forget their own name is hella dumb.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Nightson

« Reply #118 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:25 »

Comic made me laugh really hard.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #119 on: 22 Oct 2009, 00:57 »

Henry: How...How did you know?

Maurice: W-Wait, you were serious?!

LOL, friend of mine had that happen to him when he proposed to his (now long-time) wife, if only I had presence of mind and foresight to take a picture of both their faces' looks at that moment...

On the subject of faces, artwork-wise, it was a very nice touch to show father and son's faces side-by-side like that.  Showing how much they look like each other with their clueless looks makes the comic all the more funny.

P.S. add: Also, nice to see the return of "dark" Dora 8-) .
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 01:04 by pendrake »

Ravenswing

• Iconoclast
    • Apotheosis of the Invisible City
« Reply #120 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:15 »

Huh.  I proposed to my first wife outside her therapist's office.

That should have been a tipoff to me.
It's not that I don't understand what you're saying.  It's that I don't AGREE with what you're saying.

Delirium

• FIGHT YOU
  • WE CLEANSE OUR DESTINY
« Reply #121 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:26 »

Anyone who forget their own name is hella dumb.
happened to me a few times. Probably because I use so damn many of them.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #122 on: 22 Oct 2009, 01:35 »

If this comic were even the slightest bit realistic, Marten's dad would not be making contact with him.
Wait, there is somebody who cares for realism in fiction?

Also: which robot of the new shirt is killbot? I want to buy the shirt and burn her.  :wink:
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #123 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:30 »

Huh.  I proposed to my first wife outside her therapist's office.

That should have been a tipoff to me.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
You sir, are a catch. You can propose to me outside my therapist's office any time.

Manix

« Reply #124 on: 22 Oct 2009, 03:40 »

If this comic were even the slightest bit realistic, Marten's dad would not be making contact with him. Whatever shrill liberal media shrews may have told you, gays are not family people. Men who turn gay never return to their families.
ROTFL man you really need to upgrade your knowledge about homosexuality. You're like the newest knowledge of the 19. century over there. But sadly for you we're in the 21. century.

I don't hate people of abnormal sexuality, they're flawed, sinful people like everyone else. In fact, the presence of homosexuals gives the comic more realism, and demonstrates that the characters are imperfect and in need of God's transforming power. I have no problems with gays in fiction, but with Jeph's attitude toward them, portraying them as okay and not needing to change. This is a rejection of family values and the traditional order of marriage.

For starters:

1. Nobody chooses to be heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual. Only bisexuals get any choice, the other two are stuck.
2. Homosexuals are born this way (or its decided in early childhood or something, one doesnt know exactly yet) and never change.
4. Homosexuals fall in love like Heterosexuals and are the same in every respect in their love life, except they fall for the "wrong" sex.
5. Homosexuals also like to marry and to have children - the later typically through adopting etc.
6. Homosexuality is common in mammals. Scientists have verified its existence in hundreds of animal species.

Just want to say, everybody has a choice, and these include sexual preferences, there are a few stories around about gay men who turn back to heterosexuality after awhile. Frankly i've never been a believer in the "all gay men are born this way" argument, as there have been more than a few men who turned gay after a long time as Heterosexuals.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #125 on: 22 Oct 2009, 04:07 »

No, there have been more than a few men who have suppressed their sexuality in favour of presenting a "normal" front to society because to do otherwise would have harmed their career, their reputation, their family, and their health because at various points it would have got them fired, beaten in the street or arrested and possibly killed. Fear for your life and livelihood is a powerful motivational tool.

Also, since you had a choice, when exactly did you choose to be straight? Was it when you first noticed girls were pretty? Was that when you decided, consciously, that you would from then on be attracted to girls and only girls?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

ralphizord

« Reply #126 on: 22 Oct 2009, 04:09 »

For starters:

Just want to say, everybody has a choice, and these include sexual preferences, there are a few stories around about gay men who turn back to heterosexuality after awhile. Frankly i've never been a believer in the "all gay men are born this way" argument, as there have been more than a few men who turned gay after a long time as Heterosexuals.

The keyword to your argument is "few". I definitely did NOT choose to be gay and I'm pretty sure most of the other gays I know didn't either. Why would anyone even want to choose to be gay? So you could be ridiculed every single day of your life? Fuck that. People like killbot used to get me depressed because I realized it's something I'd have to put up with for probably the rest of my life and back then I would've probably given up my left nut to change my sexual preference if someone said they could magically do that for me.

It's not possible to change your sexual preference. There are odd cases where people do it because they crave attention or were probably unsure and confused about their sexuality but those who are truly gay cannot and will not change.

EDIT: What Mr_Rose said too. :-P If that's the type of converting you're referring to then it doesn't change the fact that the homosexual men are still homosexuals. They just went back into the closet out of fear.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2009, 04:13 by ralphizord »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #127 on: 22 Oct 2009, 05:12 »

Hrm. Good comic. Figured that Marten's Dad would have had everything set up prior to asking everybody for approval. But apparently not.

Usually you ask for permission before you propose. 

I wonder if Henry has spoken to Maurice's parents yet? 

BjornTheDim

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #128 on: 22 Oct 2009, 05:28 »

Alas, it seems that the fact that Mr. Colbear is a satirist was lost on someone.  Jeph doesn't hate his country or want to destroy traditional family values; he's probably got a few homosexual friends, or changed his perspective on gay marriage either through education or reflection on his beliefs.

That's what did it for me.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #129 on: 22 Oct 2009, 06:41 »

Alas, it seems that the fact that Mr. Colbear is a satirist was lost on someone.  Jeph doesn't hate his country or want to destroy traditional family values; he's probably got a few homosexual friends, or changed his perspective on gay marriage either through education or reflection on his beliefs.

"Changed"?  How many people under thirty-five have ever been against gay marriage these days?  And how many people who were once against gay marriage use words like "bigoted cuntrags" for those who are?

And no one who has seen Colbert doesn't know he's a satirist.  That's a left-wing fantasy.

I've got to say, though, the series of "don't give Card a cent" twitters really did bother me...that kind of thinking can turn you into Dantčs very quickly once people stop falling into your neat little categories.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

IlGreven

• Emoticontraindication
  • Also, no 4-year-olds on the pee-pee.
    • Grev's Big Journal Thingy
« Reply #130 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:14 »

And no one who has seen Colbert doesn't know he's a satirist.  That's a left-wing fantasy.

...please to not be slamming a good chunk of the man's readership, okay?  And besides, you will get anecdotal evidence that this is not true before the next comic goes up.
A gigantic force on the 'Net, and even BIGGER in person.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #131 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:32 »

My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #132 on: 22 Oct 2009, 07:58 »

Sooooo glad I was too busy to be on the boards yesterday. Some things get me all worked up and in the end, it's just not worth it.

I hope Maurice says yes. I'll feel so awful for Henry if he gets shot down, especially after the moment he just had with Marten. He's feeling all warm and fuzzy, excited about proposing, I'd hate it if he got crushed.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

matachin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #133 on: 22 Oct 2009, 08:18 »

Derailing a bit...

I personally find it disturbing that far too many of the "conservative" Christian side are only well-read when it comes to Bible commentary.  These rather vocal folk then proceed to bash science (threatens their faith), any minority they wish (same), education in general (who needs physics & evolution?), & the arts (anything that isn't religious is an attack on religion & pro-{gay,atheist,satanist}).

The flipside to this is that a sizable proportion of the inverse of these people in the American Christian culture (like the ones I'll probably meet at the FOL booksale this weekend) are among the nicest & most tolerant/inclusive Christians I know.  It's a bit odd to have both types in such numbers where I live (yippee for universities in the South!  We're not all a bunch of bible thumpers!).  I don't consider myself close to Libertarian belief except disliking someone else poking their nose in my private sexual life; most of those doing the bible thumping probably should calm down lest their own hijinks become revealed.

So...Henry & Maurice do tie the knot.   Pintsize gets left at home because everyone knows he'll cause trouble.  A Fred Phelps-like leader & his flock do the "God hates fags" thing outside.  Pintsize trolls them with his usual style, possibly involving horsecock or other male genitalia.  Marten is somehow more embarrassed by this then the combination of gay marriage + BDSM mother.

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #134 on: 22 Oct 2009, 09:54 »

I just came on here to talk about how I liked the timing of this punchline, and instead of talking about the comic, everybody's arguing about gay marriage? Sorry guys, but I think that belongs in a separate thread. Politics aren't related to the comic, and this thread is supposed to be about our thoughts on the plot/punchline/art/etc. I might be the only one who feels that way though ... but I was actually surprised to see this happening here, maybe I shouldn't have been. :-/

If you don't like gay people, then that's not something that Jeph can "fix" for you because clearly this storyline is what it is and no amount of arguing is going to make him post a redaction. It might be more productive to send him a personal e-mail about your concerns as opposed to interrupting this thread to talk about it.

There are also a LOT of political blogs and forums on the internet where people argue about this topic (and other controversial ones) allllll dayyyyy long ...

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #135 on: 22 Oct 2009, 11:02 »

The only good thread is a derailed thread.

weirdbeard

• Plantmonster
    • Rants and Giggles
« Reply #136 on: 22 Oct 2009, 11:43 »

I just came on here to talk about how I liked the timing of this punchline, and instead of talking about the comic, everybody's arguing about gay marriage? Sorry guys, but I think that belongs in a separate thread.
Hrm... comic about gay marriage... why isn't this relevant? granted, the troll-feeding got out of hand a bit, but we've got two comics about a gay man and his family and marriage, and how family reacts to it. seems like that falls pretty solidly under the 'discussing the week's comics' rubric.

on the choosing/always being gay thing, i think the simple fact that Henry's situation is soo common, i.e.,  man/woman gets married, has kid(s) realizes they went for the wrong gender, at least one member of the family is in no way surprised.  I have two friends whose parents divorced like this, it happens a lot. Behavior and attraction are different animals.

on the proposing thing, yeah, henry might've sussed that out a little bit further ahead of time.  sort of a weird thing in the northeast/northwest liberal society i've been noticing lately.  I've got friends getting married left and right, but i dont think any of them were 'surprises.' least of all the gay couples, who were more along the 'holy shit we can finally get married' lines... anyone else have similar experiences?
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.
http://rantsandgiggles.blogspot.com

ink slinger

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #137 on: 22 Oct 2009, 12:03 »

Usually you ask for permission before you propose. 
Even if you're old-fashioned enough to ask for permission (or you're a parent who is getting re-married, as is the case in the comic), you normally discuss the idea of marriage with your partner before proposing. Most people are pretty sure that their boyfriend/girlfriend will say "Yes" before they ask the question. So, I, too, would have figured that Henry would have been more sure of the Maurice's answer before he talked to Marten about it.

That said, the comedic timing in this comic was pretty damn excellent.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #138 on: 22 Oct 2009, 12:35 »

& the arts (anything that isn't religious is an attack on religion & pro-{gay,atheist,satanist}).

I think that Christians are allowed to bash Satanists.. isn't that the point?

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #139 on: 22 Oct 2009, 14:05 »

Yes, if they are really Satanists and do the things that Christians think Satanists do.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #140 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:17 »

The only good thread is a derailed thread.

I like to watch train wrecks! 

BjornTheDim

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #141 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:35 »

"Changed"?  How many people under thirty-five have ever been against gay marriage these days?  And how many people who were once against gay marriage use words like "bigoted cuntrags" for those who are?

I've got to say, though, the series of "don't give Card a cent" twitters really did bother me...that kind of thinking can turn you into Dantčs very quickly once people stop falling into your neat little categories.

I used to be pretty homophobic in high school.  Then I grew up, got a couple of gay friends that weren't San Francisco-style flamers (never met any, but those people terrify my gay friends), and started actually thinking about what I believed, not what had been parroted to me via the idiot tube.

And I was so sad when I found out that Card, one of my favorite sci-fi authors, was such a blatant homophobe.

kraemandrummer

• the music freaks here make me feel like a loser
« Reply #142 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:36 »

& the arts (anything that isn't religious is an attack on religion & pro-{gay,atheist,satanist}).

I think that Christians are allowed to bash Satanists.. isn't that the point?

not when half of the supposed satanist beliefs are really just pagan beliefs.

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,19792.2450.html
(this is the page of the Mediaf!ire thread I was last on :))

Killbot

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #143 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:39 »

To those who are criticizing my and God's opinions, just remember that God can use the unrighteous as well as the righteous to His ends (as He did with Nebuchadnezzar in Jeremiah 27). You are giving Christ's church meaning by persecuting it.

You would not be opposing God's will were it not for God's will. Think about that. Perhaps you, like Paul, will come around and see the Light.

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #144 on: 22 Oct 2009, 16:53 »

To those who are criticizing my and God's opinions, just remember that God can use the unrighteous as well as the righteous to His ends (as He did with Nebuchadnezzar in Jeremiah 27). You are giving Christ's church meaning by persecuting it.

You would not be opposing God's will were it not for God's will. Think about that. Perhaps you, like Paul, will come around and see the Light.
I'm not even going to acknowledge that post with a response.
Well, except for this one saying I wouldn't.
But that doesn't count.
So anyone that doesn't agree with the Church's teachings 100% is persecuting the Christian religion?
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Didn't expect that.
Oops, I responded.
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #145 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:15 »

God is a touchy subject.  Even touchier is who has the right to interpret his/her/it's will. Last I checked the bible was written and edited by humans.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #146 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:16 »

Note that I say this as a Christian

1) The bible also tells me I can sell my children into slavery to pay off a debt
2) The bible says that slaves are to submit to their masters with fear and trembling
3) The bible says that women are to be subservient to men and let them do their thinking and that it is a sin for a woman to teach a man
4) The bible says that a woman who is raped must marry her rapist, if one or both are married then they are to be stoned to death

To put it simply, if we go merely off of what the bible says we have some issues with having what we would consider a just and moral society. Now, I have no problem with people who are homosexual and I think they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals do which includes marriage and all the benefits that that entails. God tells me to love my fellow man and show compassion towards him, and also not to judge him. The bible is a collection of secular laws from the Israeli tribes and nations and prophetic testimony, I know that mans memory is not perfect and that alterations can be made to it through time. I also know that Jesus talked more about social justice than he did about gays.

Onto the comic, I did like the surprise bit there and the "Aw, I see where you get it now," "Get what?"
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #147 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:22 »

what worked for solomon way back when doesnt work here in the modern time, where we current live.

JohnTheWysard

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #148 on: 22 Oct 2009, 17:57 »

Plus, women may (or may not) have extra subcutaneous fatty insulation (I'm often astounded at seeing skimpily-dressed women out in temperatures where I'm bundled up and shivering).

Flashback to highschool: football players and band musicians in pants, long sleeved shirts, often jackets and longjohns...

cheerleaders and drum majorettes (yes, I'm old enough that's what they called themselves!!!) in microskirts and bare-shoulder tops.

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #149 on: 22 Oct 2009, 18:49 »

Plus, women may (or may not) have extra subcutaneous fatty insulation (I'm often astounded at seeing skimpily-dressed women out in temperatures where I'm bundled up and shivering).

Flashback to highschool: football players and band musicians in pants, long sleeved shirts, often jackets and longjohns...

cheerleaders and drum majorettes (yes, I'm old enough that's what they called themselves!!!) in microskirts and bare-shoulder tops.

Tee hee, that may not have been because they did not feel cold from what I have heard about cheerleaders (I went to an all girls school, so cheerleaders were kind of obsolete). Think about the girls you see out on a saturday night, wearing tiny skirts and tops that mean they never pay cover charges. You could say it is a fashion thing I guess, they want to be noticed.
Personally I love winter fashion. You get so many more options for style of clothing and I never have to fear for my boobs popping out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up